𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙚 || 𝙏𝙖𝙚𝙝...

By VioletStoryteller

[ In the End ] Book #2 "𝘿𝙤 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ? 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙁𝙧�... More

Author note
Prologue
chapter 1 : A Surprising Twist
chapter 2 I don't want you
Chapter 3:Close proximity
Chpater 4 :First tesk went wrong
chapter 5: Not interested in people's like you
chapter 6: wrong move
chapter 7 : Silent treatment
Chapter 8: lie and secret
chapter 9: shopping challenge
Chapter 10: Competition went wrong
chapter 11: the devil twins
Chapter 12: Watch over Him
Chapter 13: A threat
Chapter 14: His first priority
Chapter 15: He is Back to Destroy
Chapter 16: The Game Of Lies
Chapter 17 : Wrong timing
Chapter 19: Chaotic Trio
Chapter 20 : His Girlfriend
Chapter 21 : His Love confession
Chapter 22 : Amusement Park Date
Chapter 23 : The Event Drama
Chapter 24: Manipulation

Chapter 18 : The Start of Endgame

3.8K 271 95
By VioletStoryteller

Alice pov :

I was inside my office; the meeting will start in ten minutes, but there is no chairman today to handle it all but me. So, I need to pull my shit together; this project with Italians will be my last step toward securing the CEO position. However, the problem is that I haven't met them, nor have I had an idea who will be there - the CEO or the chairman for the meeting.

The door of my office slammed open. I snapped my head towards the door, startled, but the shock turned into surprise when I saw one and only person who has the audacity to barge inside without a care for anything.

"What the hell? How did you get here?" I stood up from my sitting position. Taehyung grinned, utterly unfazed by my shock and tone. "You thought I would sleep after I got to know you were gone," he countered as he moved inside and stopped in front of me with a gleaming smile.

I arched a single brow. "So, Mr. Kim thought not to miss a day of work. That's new." He shrugged. "I can be anywhere you go, so ironically, I need to be present here."

"You say like you hate it here," I asked as he took a seat by the table. "I don't hate anywhere you are." There was something wrong with this man. "Are you high, Taehyung? You are being too bold after…" I stopped in mid-sentence, realizing what I was about to say. Taehyung rested his back as he tilted his head, observing me. "After what, frozen?" He arched a brow to me with a cocky expression. I scoffed. "Where is your tie?" He bit a smile. "Good way to change the topic."

He took the tie from his pocket, holding it out for me to take. This man never let me breathe in peace. I took the tie and moved to stand in between his wide-stretched legs.

"Stop staring; it's creepy," I mumbled, pulling the tie around his neck. He blinked. "Do you hate me, frozen?" My hands stopped, and I frowned, locking my eyes with his, and there was a glimpse of fear in them. Taehyung was an open book, easy to read. "Of course not. You are a pain in the ass, but you haven't reached the intensity to put your name on my blacklist." His expression turned into a more relaxed one.

His hands suddenly fell on my waist, and he pulled me over him. My knees hit his thigh, I took a breath. "You are too far; I don't like it," he grumbled out. I slightly tightened the tie around his neck; he coughed, and I grinned. "Is it good?" I asked with a taunting smile. "God, frozen, are you sure I'm not on your hit list?" He uttered, staring at me with doubt.

"Of course, if you were, you would not be breathing by now," pulling away, I crossed my arms. "Do you know what happened to those three men from the club?" As the words left my mouth, his face darkened. "Of course, I know." His tone went low, and I sighed. "Did the police interrogate you?" I asked. He shook his head in denial Of course, they didn't. They are fools to even point finger at the youngest son of the Kims. "And does your father know? " He shrugged indifferently. "No idea. He hasn't called me yet." I nodded; that's good.

I don't want to fail in this; his father will point at me, knowing I'm the one who is his mentor. "I wish they rot in hell," he gritted out, catching my attention. "You are being absurd, you know." I jabbed my finger at him; he gave me an arched brow.

"Well, tell me what would you have done if they did the same thing to your loved ones." He stood up, making me take a step back until my back connected against the table, planting both of his hands to my side, trapping me. "Tell me what would you have done." It was on the tip of my tongue that I had already shot a person who tried to harm him, but I can't say that. "Too much concerned about my opinion, why Mr. Kim?" He tilted his head adorably, with those brown eyes piercing my soul. "It matters. You have to bear with me doing these things all the time if someone's intentions towards you aren't good." My mouth quirked up. "Why would you do that?" Oh hell, I know the answer very well, still, I can't pinpoint what I'm thinking.

He leaned his face in, our breaths hitting each other's faces. "Because I-" he paused, and I bit my tongue in pure annoyance. He moved away, and I hated to feel the cold that I felt. "Can't tell you here, wrong place." He chimed, ruffling his hair. I moved away from the table, feeling stupid. What were you even trying to get from this mouth, Alice?

"It's time for the meeting," I uttered, walking to the door but stopped and turned around to see him. "And one more thing, Taehyung, I want you in your best behavior. Your father and other members will be present today. Show them you are not someone to talk about for funny topics. I won't tolerate the insult, understand." His smile warmed my heart. "Alright, boss." He dramatically did a gesture, and a laugh bubbled out from my throat. I shook my head; he is a kid in a twenty-seven-year-old body.

****
We sat in our assigned seats at the conference room. I was even more surprised to see my sister and Jungkook already in their seats. "When did you arrive?" I asked as I took my seat on the left of Jungkook. My sister looked at me with narrowed eyes. "Really, Alice? You thought you would vanish into thin air without a clue, and we would still be there." Her voice was low, but my sister couldn't make herself look like she was angry. "Good thing, Amara. You should scold this kid more. She thinks she is too old to handle everything by herself," Taehyung interjected as he took the seat beside mine. I shot him a dark look.

"Say the one who is under this kid's observation," I retorted sarcastically, sitting down. I saw Taehyung's father eyeing his son, more like observation to me. I might see a little surprise on his face, perhaps because of his attire. I looked at Taehyung, who was looking at me with doe eyes. Hell, man! "Can't you look at other things?" I whispered. He shook his head, lips thinning. "All my eyes do is to be glued to you, so no, I can't." I blinked a few times. "Aren't you being too bold?" I rested my back as I asked him. "Well, when it comes to you, I need to put my shit together, don't I?" He stared at me, being a flirt today.

The door opened, and four people walked inside wearing all-black suits. Two faces made me pause. I wiped my head toward Jimin, who sat on the other side beside Amara; he had the same look as mine. Everyone stood up around me, but I couldn't move my legs; my body was rigid. It couldn't be possible.

So, the Italian we will work with is none other than Kevin Davis and Kim Namjoon.

Jungkook shook hands with them, and so did others. Taehyung patted my shoulder as he leaned down. "What happened, frozen? Get up," he muttered, his eyes roaming to my face. I took a long inhale. Come on, Alice, get a grip. You can't let him make you look helpless.

I stood up, my face covered with a cold and bored expression. "And this is our CEO," Jungkook pointed at me. I forced a fake polite smile. "Kim Alice, pleasure to meet you," I greeted them. Kevin was fast to grab my hand as I stretched it for a handshake. My whole arm felt like it was pricked with thousands of needles. He gave me a wicked smile. "We meet again, Miss Alice," he spoke, tightening his grip on my hand. I flinched internally. "Hope you were alright after our last encounter, Mr. Davis," I bit back with a tight smile, then pulled my hand from his grip with force.

Next came Kim Namjoon, the best friend and only cousin of Kevin. "Good to meet you, Mr. Kim," he, however, didn't smile at me. All he did was take my hand for a handshake with a bored expression. I let my smile fall as I gave him the same look; he will get what he gives. He let go of my hand in a second as I stepped back.

"Let's start the meeting," Jungkook announced as we all sat back in the chairs. The only thing I could do was sit like a statue as the meeting rolled on, feeling nauseous. The three pairs of eyes were always on me. I had checked the names, but only William Corporation was all I had seen on paper. Davis is playing dirty again.

My hands shook under the table as Jungkook signed the deal. I couldn't do anything but watch. Every single board member was there. If I made a little mistake, I would lose every chance to get the position I had worked hard for.

"It will be a pleasure to work with you, Mr. Jeon. I'm looking forward," Namjoon stood up, shaking hands with Jungkook, while Kevin didn't move his eyes from me. He had that face that said, I told you I would find you and make your life hell. Finally, the meeting ended. I stood up, glaring at him as he left the room. I gave Jimin a signal to follow me as I stepped out.

Taehyung's father came to stand in front of me. "Miss Alice, I'm very surprised. You've made way better progress in my son than I thought."

"I'm pretty sure, sir, it's just a start. He is catching fast with work." Taehyung came to stand beside me. "What are you talking about?" He looked at his father, and all I caught was an empty gaze. "Just caught up with Miss Alice," his father patted his shoulder. "Miss Alice, can you give us a minute? I need to talk to my son," he said. I saw Taehyung's pained face before he could speak. I spoke, "Sure, sir." With a single nod, I left.

****

I waited inside the room for Jimin when a knock came on my door. "Come in," I voiced out. The door opened; however, it was not Jimin. My blood boiled as Kevin walked inside with a smug gaze. "Who the hell do you think you are to come into my office?" I gritted out through clenched teeth. He grinned wickedly, gazing around the room. "Well, I'm impressed. You really achieved this, like you would ramble about being the CEO all the time." He took a seat by the desk.

"Get out, Kevin!" He didn't move. "Little mouse, don't worry. I won't take much of your time." My hands trembled in anger as I clenched my fists. The only name I hate in this world. "You are a coward, Kevin. All you do is stab people in the back." He laughed out loud, and I cringed at the sound.

"Let me clear this out, Alice. I won't meddle in this deal If you think , I won't do a single thing, don't worry, little mouse. This time it won't be me who will drag you from the sky to the ground. Even if I want to, it won't be me." He stood up, those evil eyes boring into me.

"You think I will believe you? I did once, and I regret that shit my whole life." My voice went low; he arched a single brow, looking unfazed. "Why is Namjoon here?" I asked, his eyes locked with mine. "He was missing you, so I gave him a chance to see you. Aren't you happy seeing him after a whole year?" He grinned. "Get out." I pointed at the door. "Or I'll call security." I knew those words wouldn't faze him much, but I wouldn't be sitting here doing nothing but watching. He stood up. "All right, I will tell him you are still upset with him but miss him. See you later." He walked to the door, but before he closed it, he gave a wink and left.

I fell on my chair, dragging my hand through my hair, feeling a pit forming in my stomach. This is way more complicated than I ever thought. The rage in me intensified; he won't let me live without making me miserable, and this time my hands are tied. I can't do anything but watch. I hate this. What do I do?

Jimin was seated inside my office as I spaced around the room. "So, you're telling me that all we have to do is sit and watch?" I nodded; that's all we can do. "This is all we have right now, Jimin. If I turn their deal down, I'm off for good in the eyes of the board members." I stopped in the center of the room with a frown. "Seriously, why the hell did Namjoon come back?" Jimin shrugged. "Do you think he is doing this to get revenge from you, Alice? Because, as I remember, you told me that you both were in the same batch, and Namjoon was the only person you talked to."

I shook my head. "That's why he made him stand on my opposite. Kevin was always like this, a psycho monster. He didn't even think of his own cousin, let alone deceive him." The rage was too much. Why the hell is it always me these problems are sulking me to the core now? "Alice, you aren't going to lose. I'm with you." Jimin's voice was full of confidence. My eyes softened. He is the keeper of all my secrets, my mentor, my support. "I know, Jimin. That's why I'm not losing my shifts." I made a joke, trying to lessen the tension.

"He is so dangerous, Jimin. The power he has. I need the CEO position to face him, but he will target my family, especially Amara and Taehyung." I gulped, a lump forming. These two people, one who is my only family and the other one who is all too good for me.

Jimin stood up with a serious gaze. "I will take care of it, don't worry. And Amara is safer than we think. It's Taehyung who we need to keep an eye on." I nodded, sighing. "Where is he? I haven't seen him," Jimin asked. I shook my head. "No idea. Let's see where that annoying man is." Jimin smiled, and I narrowed my eyes. "Don't smile. He is a pain in the ass." I gave him a pointed look, and he rolled his eyes.

I made my way out, crossing the corridor. My eyes caught Lora and Taehyung standing near Lora's desk with three new figures. My heels clicking made the announcement. Taehyung turned his head in my direction, and the first thing he did was grin, always so cheerful.

"Ma'am," Lora bowed. I gave a nod in reply, my eyes on the three figures - two girls and one boy. "Ma'am, these are the three selected students from the National University for the internship," Lora said. "And guys, she is the CEO, Kim Alice." I took a careful observation as their eyes widened, their faces turned fearsome, and they immediately bowed.

Why the look of fear? My attention went to Taehyung, who had that mischievous look. My eyes narrowed.

"Ma'am, we are really thankful to you for giving us the opportunity. We will do our best," the boy chimed in a rather hushed and scared tone. I nodded. "I will see how much you're grateful by your progress." I turned to Lora. "Show them their working desks and explain everything." I took a step back, turning to Taehyung. "Mr. Kim, follow me."

We made it back to my office. I closed the door and crossed my arms in front of me. "What did you tell them about me?" Taehyung wiped his head to me, rubbing his neck with a cheeky smile. "That if they want to work peacefully, they should never cross paths with you." I arched a single brow at him, and he gulped. "What, Frozen? They are very passionate, and you are scary as hell when you get angry." He was at this point rambling nonsense, and I marched to him.

"So you are saying you get scared of me when I get angry?" I asked. He looked everywhere but at me. "And that you hate me for that?" His eyes snapped, locking with mine. "I did not say that."

"But you mean it." I was holding a smile back, seeing him frustrated. However, in the blink of an eye, I was pressed against the wall, trapped by his body. "You know I don't mean it, Frozen." He leaned to my face, I kept my composure, but my heartbeat was racing to my comfort.

"Then how do I look to you, Taehyung?" I held his gaze as his eyes darkened. "You look like mine." His tone went low as he neared, our noses almost touching. "You look like mine when you are angry." My hands trembled at my side. "You look like mine when you laugh." His voice deepened, eyes roaming over my face, our breaths mixing. "You look like mine when you cry." At this point, I'm sure I forgot how to breathe. "You look like mine when you walk like you own everything." His heated gaze fell to my face, over my lips; he moved closer. "You look like mine when you look at me like I'm all but yours."

For a moment, I thought he was going to kiss me. He pulled away, and my body shivered as the cold air hit me, his body heat all I could feel a minute ago.

I glared at him. "Frozen, you look like you want to kill me," he teased, the corner of his mouth stretched. Fucking asshole, he is playing with me. "Ten seconds, leave or you will be looking at me from heaven, and let's see if you can say the same , you look like mine when you kill me alice " I gritted out.

"My Frozen, are you disappointed that I didn't kiss you?" he arched his dark brow at me, and my body heated up.

"Bloody hell, Taehyung, get the fuck out before I kill you!" He grinned.

"I hate you, Taehyung," I exclaimed as he walked to the door but stopped to look back with a smile.

"I know you love me, Frozen." With that, he was out. I took the breath I was holding, the fucking asshole.

…Hi, lovely reader! I hope you're all doing well. Tell me how you find this chapter in the comments. I love reading them. And don't forget to vote. Did you know we are near the end of this book? I'm sure you didn't think that. Take care, and see you in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 3.2K 58
Being a mafia you have to handle Alot of shit you have to handle your enemy but what if your enemy is your own husband Where two loving family KIM an...
669K 46.8K 59
"Stop chasing me." "Stop stopping me." ◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕ Kim Taehyung was living a pretty usual and posh life, being one of the billionair...
6.7K 497 16
V of BTS, a famous Kpop idol, becomes infatuated with you at first sight, he secretly plans to meet you, but plan backfires when you get framed as a...
169K 7.7K 14
𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝘂𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 ψ(._.)> __________________ ...