TBATE - Corrupted Blessing

By guy_under_the_bed

" Welcome to Alacrya, King Grey. " Those words are the first thing that welcomed me after waking up from the... More

0 : An End or a Beginning?
1 : Forced Farewell
2 : Beginning after the end
3 : New Life
4 : Adjusting
5 : Denoirs
6 : Training Buddies
7 : The Other Side
8 : Loots
9 : Unboxing
10 : Grace and Grudge
11 : Shopping
12 : Reunion
13 : Offer
14 : To Central Academy
15 : Central Academy
16 : Tyrant's True Nature?
17 : Central Academy 2
18 : Training
19 : Relictombs
20 : First zone
21 : His potential
22 : Long Live Dicathen
23 : End of First Ascent
25 : A lighter to light his goal
26 : Cards
27 : The warning
About my other fic (lowkey promotion)
28 : Wandering around
29 : Adventurer Ath
30 : unbeknownst
31 : it begins
32 : Vegetable
33 : Where is he?
34 : Masochist Motherfucker

24 : Suffer

731 43 12
By guy_under_the_bed

Grey Vritra

'Darkness, all i can see is darkness. Wait? Did I die again?' I noticed that even though I'm unable to see anything, I can still feel my surroundings. This place gives an eerie, uncanny atmosphere that even I can't understand what to even feel about this place.

'This place is bad news, I need to get up'

Without the sense of sight, my brain didn't function well for a few seconds. I didn't even notice that I was already standing up the moment I woke up here.

‘I need to get out of this place immediately'

You can't."

I instinctively snapped my head towards the voice. Even though I expected to see nothing, a man with a tall figure stood a fair distance away from me. He has a white mid length hair and blood red eyes. His skin is nearly as pale as ash. And onyx black horn protrudes on the side of his head. ‘Those horns, they're the same as mine.'

“You are correct, these horns are the same as yours. The same could be said for your body." Just his voice makes every hair on my body stand up.

‘How can you read my mind?'

“It's simply because I exist in your consciousness. This place is your consciousness."

“Then why am I here?

“That's not the right question."

“Then why are you here?"

“This may be your consciousness but this is my body. So you are the one intruding here. "

“Some part of your body is here but mostly all of it belongs to me."

“Hoh? How can you be sure of that? Do you want to know how much of this body is mine?"

What he said makes sense. 'I don't really know how much of my original body remains here and Agrona didn't tell me specifically what I really am.'

“You are a wraith, a type of ancient Vritra who is born and made solely for war."

“That is not who I am."

“Before this life? Maybe. Back there? No. Right now? Not enough."

Is he saying that me in Dicathen is not fit for war? How delusional, from birth up to the last second of me on that continent I am the most capable to wage war out of all the people there. I've been at war for half of all the lifetimes I lived and he's just saying that I'm not fit for it?

“As I said you're not." The man said and appeared in front of me punching me in the stomach.

I prepared myself to land on my feet and moved to put my center of gravity on my right foot but I didn't flew away. I looked down on my stomach and saw his fist piercing my body.

I tried to remove it but he immediately pulled it out and slapped me on my head making me tumbling to the side. I recovered hastily and as I looked up, a foot was already coming to my head.

squish! splat!

I woke up with darkness greeting my eyes. I just died, but I'm here again. I tried to stand up but I realized that I'm already standing on my feet. I looked around and got greeted by a punch on my face.

'shit this guy is here again.'

“Of course I would be here." He said, walking slowly towards me. “This is my body after all!” He charged at me with a face full of animosity and joy. Yet even with those expressions on him, he didn't emit a single bloodlust or any other intent.

I tried my best to defend but I got myself punched again. The hole on my stomach just as before reappeared. ‘This guy is mocking me.' I know that he will do the same moves again so I raised both my hands to defend my head for the upcoming swings. But it didn't arrive. He kicked me on the opposite side of my head and made my whole sight blacked out again.

__________________

I don't even know how many times I died in this place. Even though he mainly just keep using the same moves from the start, I still can't land a hit on him.

I know for a fact that I've been killed more than a hundred times already. I don't know how to beat this guy so I decided to make small steps and try to touch him first but I can't. I thought of coexisting with him so I can return to the real world. Everyone... especially Caera needs me there. I could at least be useful to Agrona helping him with this war but I'm here stuck in my own consciousness.

My question is, how can I even coexists with this monster. Is it understanding? Trust? A pact? I don't know. I will try again and again, continue what I'm doing from the start and make him coexist with me.

Whoosh

I ducked my head to dodge the upcoming slap from the left side and immediately raised both my hands to block the incoming kick to the head from the right side. I planted my feet strongly to the ground and withstood the force of the kick.

I tried to grab his arm to throw him to the ground but he instantly retracted it. In a fluid motion, I moved my hand that he just dodged to the ground and did a low kick that he dodged by jumping. With him now in the air, I twisted my body and threw a powerful punch targeted to his solar plexus.

The punch didn't continue when I instinctively retracted it back because I saw my hand got ignited by a purple colored fire. I haven't seen a fire like that the whole time that I'm here.

The fire continued to spread to my arm but I didn't feel any pain. I was about to throw another punch but

“Huh?"

My whole arm isn't there anymore. The one second I stopped meant my death. Another death as the man punched me in the gut again.

____________________

It has been another couple of hundred death. I've come to conclusion that I can't kill nor beat this guy up. I don't care about it. I don't care anymore. I just want to go outside of this shit place. I want to be free, I want to... see her.

I atleast died at least a thousand times already here in this place. I feel like I've been here for only a month of full fighting. I'm fighting this guy every second I'm conscious in this realm yet I still couldn't land a hit.

The purple fire is one of the reason I can't land a hit. There seems to be some kind of spell that makes a barrier that ignites you whenever you reach a certain distance close to him.

'A natural barrier that cannot be touched'

That's what it is for most of the people but for me it's not. Since we share the same body, I think I inherited some of his immunity to it that's why I think I burn slowly than anything that the fire touches.

tak tak tak

Sounds of our my palm and his fist echoed around this endless void. I've atleast lasted a minute for a few times this past uhh... days? Now, he uses his fist to attack me like a feral monkey. I can't really do anything but to counter and block it with the use of my instincts.

The key of beating this guy is to let my instincts take over but not completely that it will affect my critical thinking.

“That's how it's supposed to be from the start. But can you do it though?”

He said mocking me. I've been on this situation before even with this life. Distracting, making your enemy lose focus is one of the main reason why people win in fights. I know how to not get clouded with this things. I'm used to it.

I threw a right jab and he blocked it. It looks like he has full control of where to activate and deactivate the barrier spell he does.

“Of course I have. Who do you think I am?”

He grabbed my fist and aimed for a headbutt.

“Asmodeus Vritra." I said before his and my head hit each other. I discovered that this body is as sturdy as his even though I think it's not that sturdy before.

"Well, at least you listen on what people say to you." He pulled his head back and slammed it on my head again.

“What can you expect? I'm a King. I need to listen and not get overwhelmed by the comments people say."

I swept his feet with my own foot, trying to make him lose balance but he just jumped away.

“You are not a King anymore, Grey."

He said standing still, just looking at me blankly.

“A man doesn't need a crown or a throne to become a King. He just needs the mentality and determination.”

I said as I started to run towards him.

“How can that even help you here? Having that mentality won't make you win."

“Thanks to this mentality that I'm not affected by your taunts. And determination for trying to fight you here every second."

“Hmm, how will that determination help you when I say that it's already been a year and a half since you're in a coma?"

When he said that, my world paused for a moment but I continued to run. I can't let unnecessary thoughts win over my head.

Asmodeus grinned and waved his right hand. I saw a faint glow of purple on the side of my body and realized I'm engulfed with it.

I know that I'll die again and now I realized that coexisting won't be happening.

'Fine, if you don't want to coexist then I'll make you obey.'

“Heh start again, this time would be the real one." He said and everything went black.

____________________

I opened my eyes again with Asmodeus welcoming me as he appeared on my sight. He smirked and snapped his fingers. A black sword appeared on his right arm, that sword is my sword 'Grudge'.

He threw it at me but I slapped it away. This action surprised him but he just shrugged it and smirked.

“HAHAHAHAHA you are a madman Grey!”

“That's how my people... No, everyone on Earth called me.”

“Unfortunately, this isn't Earth anymore."

“Shut up, even I know that!” I said and charged towards him.

Every attacks that I throw just gets blocked and countered so I went faster, and sharper.

My fighting style completely changed. I'm now using the banned martial arts on earth that only designed to kill amd dismember the enemy. He realized this too and the grin on his face were now gone. Surprisingly, he just have an apathetic expression plastered on his face.

I dodged the purple fire that he sent flying towards me and immediately tried to grab his neck. He swatted my hand easily but my other hand went for the right side of the stomach where the liver is located.

My fist erupted in purple flame so I pulled it back. I tried to control the purple fire just how I control soul fire and it miraculously worked. I managed to regenerate my lost arm and tried to punch his stomach again with my arm coated with the same flames that burned them seconds ago.

The punch connected to his stomach but I felt a quarter of my body weight disappear.

I now lost my left arm... No, I now lost almost all the left side of my upper body. With my remaining right arm, I tried to slam it down to his head but it also disappeared. Without the arms, I used my legs and tried to sweep him under but he kicked me on the thigh making me fall.

While falling, I know that I'm already burning from the purple fire but I didn't care. I used every ounce of strength left on my body and tried to leap towards him. I didn't manage to reach his head or neck, making me fall down as my legs melted from existence.

For a last ditch effort, I reached his thigh and managed to bite it. I bit it with all force and he didn't interfere, he just let me bite through him until all the purple fire ate my whole body. And, the world blacked out again.

__________________

I opened my eyes again expecting the darkness to welcome me but it didn't. Instead I was welcome with bright blinding sun lights with a hint of purple on it.

My vision is blurry and still adjusting to the surroundings when I felt a warm feeling around me. I finally started to see clearly and looked to the left bright side where there's an open window where all the light, sunlight comes from. And on the other dark purplish side where I saw Agrona with Seris, Melzri, and Cadell. All of them has either a shocked or confused expression.

“Hey? What the fuck is that." Said Melzri who pointed to me? No, she pointed above me.

I looked at the top of my bed and I saw a head of a giant Black wolf with purplish fire covering it's body, or rather covering his and my body.

“I don't know?" I muttered

Wakey! wakey! Master! I'm your majestic fucking weapon, Regis."

_____________________

I'm out for half a month. Well a little update won't be bad right? I'm quite busy with schools now so I'll do my best to update.

01-19-24

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 488 21
With another dive to relictomb the trio finds themselves in a djinns hideout. What can they gain from there that would help them against their advers...
15K 285 20
***COMPLETE w/ irregular non-plot updates*** **Written by me** *Republished after taking it down* _____________________________ Hi, this is my person...
71.7K 3.5K 51
After slaying Cadell and discarding Nico, Arthur is confronted with his worst nightmare. Before him is Agrona and even worse, Tessia. At least he wis...
46.6K 1.7K 30
Arthur Leywin, after losing his dad in the war against the Vritra accepts Agrona's offer of removing himself from the war. Agrona accepts, under one...