Innocent

By winniewritess

Nia never got into any trouble, she never hung around the wrong crowd. All she did was focus on school and he... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue.

21

21.6K 693 286
By winniewritess

2 years later.

"That shit clean as fuck.."Jay shook his head in astonishment as he stared at his best friend's engagement ring.

"Nigga how you have a wedding ring for her since y'all moved in and you JUST  now trying to propose to her."

Caine rolled his eyes, wondering why in the world he decided to bring Jay with him to pick up Nia's ring from the cleaners.

Jay did have a point though. Caine had a wedding ring for Nia since the day they moved into their new house. He was so sure of himself then but he decided to hold back after a conversation he had with Maya and Jay.

They all were heading off to college, Nia was about to continue to build her future. He knew that she would've loved a wedding but he wanted it to be at the right time for the both of them and not just him.

These past two years he's kept the ring hidden from her, waiting for the perfect time. Which was today, Nia's birthday.

"Caine?" Nia was putting on her robe as she walked into their bathroom, not seeing Caine there.

She knew if he wasn't there then he wasn't here. She frowned a little not liking that he was here to wake up with her on her birthday.

Nia headed back out the bathroom to where she left her phone on the nightstand last night. Nia picked her phone up seeing multiple texts coming in wishing her happy birthday.

She smiled softly but her smile got even bigger when she saw her man's text.

"Maya and Jay waiting on you at your favorite brunch place mama. Y'all got reservations for 10am. After that you'll know the next thing on your agenda."

She should've known Caine was up to something. She shook her head, a blush on her face as she went over to the little iPad that controlled some things in their home. She opened the Apple Music and it cut on with crazy story by king von.

"Got a drop on this flexin nigga, he from Tennessee."

Nia immediately started rapping as she walked over to her and Caine's closet to get ready for the day.

"This the perfect fit.." Nia mumbled under her breath as she stared at her pretty self.

Nia sent a picture to Caine in the mirror of their large closet. He immediately responded.

"Don't make me mess up the whole day and pull up on you."

Nia laughed as if he was saying it in her ear. Today she already felt like a princess, as she did everyday. She had a feeling that it would only get better from here as she heard a ring at the door bell.

Nia headed downstairs, her bag in hand and ready to go. She opened the door seeing what the person who rung her door bell had left.

"Awww!!!"

At the door, a light pink and dark pink bouquet was waiting for her already in vases.

Nia leaned down and picked them both up, carrying them both inside and kicking the door shut with her foot. She took a picture and sent them to Caine.

"You're always amazing." She sent with a smile on her face.

"Only for you." He responded.

Nia headed to the garage so she could get to brunch. Nia still did not have her own car, simply because she didn't want to buy one. Currently she was working in a preschool as a second while also finishing her degree.

She could afford to get her own nice car seeing as Caine never had her pay for anything but she just took his whenever he wasn't around to drive her around. Him not being around was honestly rare to. Caine always made sure he was there to take care of her.

Nia pressed the push to start, her phone connecting to the music and GO by moneybagg yo came on.

"Not you posed to be gangsta but salty bout the-"

Nia mumbled under her breath as she pulled out the garage. The music loud seeing as that's how Caine usually left it when he got out. She headed down their lot and turned out of the area. She rolled the overhead down, letting her music play as she speed gently down the strip of house.

The people around were honestly used to Caine's music and were kinda shocked seeing it was Nia and not Caine.

She waved at the little families she saw. Black and white families outside on this nice early morning.

The car came up on the gates and they opened letting Nia drive out the property.

Nia drove with a smile on her face the entire way. Once she pulled up at the brunch place, she backed into a space, closed the overhead roof and got out with her bag in hand. She headed inside, going to the receptionist who smiled at Nia.

"Nia!" She heard Maya off to the side.

"There's my party." Nia said to the receptionist and walked over to where Jay and Maya were and sat down.

"Somebody drippy as fuck." Maya started making Nia giggle.

"Mhmnn thought Caine was bringing you at the sound of that loud as music from a mile away."

"Oh boy byeee" Nia responded to her best friend, shaking her head.

The group of them ordered their food and then they wanted to get into gifts. Maya got Nia some pandora charms for her bracelet and Jay got her two pairs of shoes and a new pair of earrings she kept talking about.

"Y'all so sweettt"

"girl we know that ain't nothing to what Caine got you." Maya was sipping on her drink as she spoke, smirking at her friend.

"Girlll he ain't got nothing to my knowledge yet. When I know y'all will be the first to know of course."

"Shiddd he not topping my gifts." Jay shrugged, confident as ever as he turned his wrist looking at his watch.

"Man I gotta dip. Got class and shit." He ran his hand down his face making the two girls giggle.

"The life of a student studying law." Nia said, adding onto the groan he released.

"I rethink becoming a lawyer everyday" Jay shook his head, standing up from the table.

He leaned down and kissed Maya cheek then kissed Nia's to.

"I got the bill for y'all already."

"Thank youuu!" The girls said in union as they talked some more before Caine was calling Nia.

"Baby I haven't seen you all dayyy" Nia was clearly missing her man. Especially on her birthday.

"Ma the day just starting I promise. But you Rey see me. I'm outside where you eating at. Maya going to take the car while you come wit me rd?"

"Yes sirrr" Nia said after one of her favorite songs making her man laugh on the other side of the phone. Maya seemed to already know the plans because she headed out with Nia already knowing what the deal was. Mmhmnn sus but Nia wasn't paying it no mind.

"Baeeee beeee" Nia said, breaking her words up to sound like two words. She made her way to Caine leaning on his car with her arms open ready for him to pick her up.

Which he did, scooping her right under her ass with his hands and raising her up like she weighed nothing.

"Happy birthday ma ma."

"Thank youuu!" Nia leaned down and kissed his lips multiple times. Caine kissed her back while multitasking and placing her down into the passenger seat.

Nia didn't want to stop kissing him but when he leaned up to get to his side of the car she knew she had to. She watched him shut the door then she turned and put her seat belt on.

Once Caine was in the car and the music was on, she immediately looked at him and then picked his phone up to change the song.

"You already knowww"

Shake yo dreads by sexy red came on as she grabbed Caine's jaw and sung along.

"Shake yo dreads, shake yo dreads shake yo dreadssss"

Nia always did this when Caine got his hair done. And he picked her up with a fresh fucking retwist, fine as ever.

"Lord I thought you would've forgot." Caine laughed, shaking his head for Nia so she could see all the parts and shine, making sure the girl who did them did them right.

"Nahhh you extra fine boy." Nia said with a smile, settling down a little as she turned the music down some.

"Where we going?"

"Didn't you tell me you wanted to go on this Sephora and book store shopping spree shit?"

"Oh my god! Oh my god!!!! I loveeee my mannnn!!!" Nia was definitely being one of them right now. She had been asking for him to take her on a spree for so long. Caine always payed for her when they went shopping and the only reason they were just doing this was because she had been to busy to do things like this. But today was the day for her.

When Caine and Nia arrived at the mall, Caine immediately took her hand. He held the basket for her in each store. Didn't complain at all and even added input on things when she asked. He let her fill the baskets up in each store with whatever she wanted and at the end swiped his cards and carried the bags.

Nia had a huge ass smile on her face when they got back into the car. Her bags in the back seat. They had spent a few hours in the mall but it was still a bit light outside.

"We Rey go to the house and get ready okay?"

Nia nodded, she didn't know what she was getting ready for but her and Caine found her birthday outfit weeks ago so she was sure whatever they did would align with her fit.

"Baby where are you?"

Nia looked beautiful. She had on a beautiful black dress that sculpted her body since she got it tailored. She had on fire heels to go with her gold clutch and Chanel necklace Caine had surprised her with when they came inside the house.

Her hair was in her natural curls, beautiful and all over the place. She held her clutch in one hand along with her phone in that same hand. Her other hand was holding her dress as she walked into the garage seeing it was open so she thought Caine was out there.

"Hello mama." Caine said as he stood next to a white rolls Royce.

"Hello miss Black. I'm your driver Mario." 

Nia giggled at the sight of Mario playing driver for them wherever they were going.

"This is all so nice.." she held her chest gently as Caine came over and helped her with her dress while walking her to the nice ass car they were taking out today.

"You got to much money for me boy." Nia shook her head as she got down into the backseat of the car with her man getting in next to her.

As Nia fixed her hair in her phone, she could feel eyes on her. She turned her head a little to the side to see Caine staring at her. A blush immediately came on her face. She placed her phone down on the seat and turned to give Caine her full attention.

Before Nia could speak Caine spoke.

"You look so good.." Caine placed his hand down onto her thigh, wishing her dress wasn't in the way. He showed that by the way he looked at her, licking his lips slightly as he held that same lethal gaze she knew all to well.

"When we get home.." she responded, leaning in to kiss his lips softly and then rested against his body for the rest of the ride.

"Let me put this on you ma.." Caine said once the car was starting to slow down a bit. They had been driving for awhile so Nia assumed they were about to arrive and he clearly wanted to surprise her since he put a blind fold on her eyes.

"Baby you're making me nervous..." Nia says once the blindfold was on her eyes, not letting her see anything.

"Trust me." Caine whispered down into her ear as he got out and then helped her get out.

Nia and Caine were walking. She held onto his hand in a tight grip as he guided her. Everything around them was quiet as they seemed to make their way inside a building. The only thing she heard was them going into an elevator with Mario and then them exiting the elevator. That's when she heard music and her heart started pounding.

Look back at it by a boogie was playing but the instrumental version.

"Caine..." Nia mumbled as she could feel the soft wind hitting her skin. They seemed to still be outside once again.

She felt like there was more than one set of eyes on her. That feeling was confirmed when she could hear slight noises but the music got louder drowning that out so she could only hear Caine in her ear.

"Close your eyes mama. Just close your eyes."

Nia nibbled on her lip, her heart beating out her chest as she nodded and closed her eyes. The blind fold was taken off her eyes and her body was turned by a new set of soft hands, making her face a different direction than what she was in before.

"Open them for me." Caine's voice said from further away from brother now. Because he was down on one knee.

A gasp fell from Nia's lips as her hand immediately went up to her heart, dropping her clutch and her phone as tears built in her eyes.

"C-caine"

Nia hiccuped as she took in her surroundings. The area was beautifully lit up around her and her man. Outside of the little walk way was Jay and Maya close by. She could spot Trey, her mother and some other friends she'd made along the years. Caine had Mario there and some of the guys. Everyone dressed nice and smiling at her as this moment was all about her and Caine.

"I can't-I can't" Caine squeezed Nia's hand in his palm, holding her, being her anchor as a tears ran down her cheeks.

"Baby you can. You can baby look at me." Nia sniffled softly, her breath coming back to her as she stared into Caine's eyes. It's like her own eyes opened up when she looked at him. She knew that she could. She knew that as long as she had him she could do anything.

"I been obsessed with you since the day I met you Nia. That day I never told you but I only asked you to do me that favor just so I could talk to you, just so I could bring you into my life. You was this sweet ass girl ion wanna fake who I was because I was scared I wasn't going to be able to keep you once the real me came out. But you Nia...you wanted the real me. You was down for me from the jump no matter what. You been my wife for longer than you know, I just want to make it official now because you deserve that shit. Only the best things will ever come to you mama because you make my life the best everyday."

Nia smiled softly as the tears ran down her face. Her hand shaking in Caine's palm as he spoke to her.

"That smile right there...that's all I need. Will you continue to give me that smile everyday? Will you marry me Nia?"

Nia didn't even need to second guess it. The words immediately rumbled out her mouth as she got down on her knees to kiss her man.

"Yes! Yes!" She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him sloppily as he raised her up with his own body. Holding her in the air as they made out sloppily for the first time as an engaged couple.

"I know that's right!" She heard Jay's voice through the cheers surrounding her and Caine. They both laughed into one another's mouths before pulling apart.

Caine had tears in his eyes, she immediately kissed them away from his face.

"I love you...so..so much." Nia says as she gripped his cheeks, pulling him in for an even harder kiss. She wouldn't be getting enough of her man tonight.

__________________________________

Yalllll did y'all expect this?? Are we excited? Drop a comment!

Also! My first chapter REAL chapter of  "outside." Is out now! Go read that after you finish this <3 technically a double upload for y'all so be happy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 551 68
A complete blackout had occurred to me while I lay down almost lifeless at the school's hallway. The smell of blood, the sight of blood made my cries...
708 48 19
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
422 18 12
An innocent london girl who's 17 years old waits patiently until she graduates high school to escape her abusive foster parents. On her journey, she...
1K 30 11
Mya Elise never condemned herself is perfect. Sometimes she doesn't even condemn herself as a good person. But she knows that she's raw and vulnerabl...