𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 . poly!rem...

By naginii-

────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗌 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠, 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑖�... More

STRANGERS
CHARACTER PROFILE
THE HOUSE OF NOTT
PROLOGUE
━━ ACT ONE
i. little death eaters club
ii. lighten the mood
iii. not the worst
v. teenage hormones
vi. friends
vii. the whomping willow
viii. golpalott's third law
ix. honey and chocolate
x. choosing is overrated
xi. amortentia

iv. denial denial

479 21 0
By naginii-

˗ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ˗
i don't like that stuck-up prima donna.

𝟐𝟗𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

   "SO? How did it go?"

Kathryn Poole had always been nosy - it was something Dominique had just come to terms with. It was also something she had to adjust to, sometimes sacrificing her usually private nature to indulge Kathryn. Sometimes simply ignoring her pestering would suffice, but on this occasion, it wouldn't work - much to Dominique's chagrin.

   "Dom! How did it go?" Kathryn repeated her question as the two sat in Charms. Professor Flitwick had given up pretty early on in their school years trying to get the two girls to stop talking in his lessons - it was futile. So, he merely glanced at Kathryn and sighed before going back to his reading, having assigned the class to read up on non-verbal spells, which they would be receiving a demonstration of halfway through lesson. "Dom."

   "You're unbearably persistent," Dominique sighed, placing down her quill and turning towards the girl. "What is it now? How did what go?"

   "Your study date with Remus," Kathryn elaborated, resting her chin on her fist. "Alice overheard you asking Remus to study, and she told Lily, who told me."

   "It was not a date," Dominique quickly denied. She moved to pick her quill back up, done with the conversation, but Kathryn stopped her by placing her hand over the quill. "And you should tell Alice to stop being a little gossip. Is that all she does in her spare time when she's not eating Longbottom's face?"

   "Oh please, everyone loves gossip. Anyone who says they don't is lying. I bet even you do, secretly," Kathryn leaned in closer, lowering her voice to a whisper. "So, how was it? He's cute, right? I think you two would suit each other."

   "Please, shut up, Kathryn." Dominique was already exhausted with the conversation. "Why don't you date him, then? If he's so cute."

   "Um, no?" Kathryn responded incredulously, frowning. "I see him as a brother more than anything else - but for you, he would be perfect. He'd be like... the golden retriever to your black cat. The sun to your moon. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

   "Just because I understand it, doesn't mean it makes any sense," Dominique responds, tapping the feather end of her quill against Kathryn's nose. The Ravenclaw girl wrinkled her nose before batting the quill away.

   "It makes perfect sense - you're just too emotionally repressed to think about stuff like dates and relationships."

   "Thanks, Kathy."

   "You're welcome, Dom," Kathy winked. It seemed Professor Flitwick had enough of Kathy's chatter, sending her a pointed look that had her mouthing an apology before resuming work. Dominique snorted out a laugh before dipping her quill in ink.

Dominique wasn't blind - she knew Remus Lupin was attractive. Nerdy, but attractive no doubt. While girls didn't throw themselves at him like they did for Sirius Black or James Potter, they did still fawn over Remus and his awkwardness. Dominique hadn't really seen the appeal until she had actually spoken to the guy.

But Dominique failed to see Kathryn's vision, of her in a relationship with Remus Lupin. She had barely spoken to the guy about things other than work, and he came from a batch of people she didn't like to interact with - Gryffindors. And despite Kathryn telling her on numerous occasions to not judge people based off their houses, she couldn't help but find Gryffindor's severely irritating, like a fly in a quiet room or a scratched CD.

As for Sirius Black, he was currently sat in the Gryffindor Common Room with James. Remus had been called to Professor McGonagall's office for updates on prefect duties, and Peter was in the library doing work. Although, Sirius began to wish he had followed Peter to the library for a few dull hours of work rather than sit there with James, given the topic of conversation.

   "You're seriously going to go all sixth and seventh year without telling Remus that you fancy him?" James lifted a cigarette to his lips as he sat by the open window overlooking the school grounds.

   "I feel like you're the wrong person to be getting onto me about this," Sirius sighed, not bothering to sit by a window and instead smoking his cigarette in a squashy armchair, slouched so far that he may as well have been laying down.

   "Lily and I are making... progress," James defended, pointing his cigarette at Sirius.

   "Right," Sirius chuckled. "And I don't fancy Remus, anyway."

   "Oh, bullshit, Padfoot," James scoffed, getting down from the windowsill and standing in front of Sirius, blocking his view of the unlit fireplace. "You stare at him like a lost puppy - no pun intended. It's almost pitiful."

Sirius rolled his eyes and hung his head back, taking a long draw from his cigarette and watching the cloud of smoke as it formed before dissipating. He didn't deny James' claims any further.

   "Doesn't matter anyway, he seems to have his eyes on the Slytherin princess," Sirius grumbled.

   "As do you," James pointed out. "Honestly, I don't know what you guys see in her. She seems like a right handful."

   "I don't like that stuck-up prima donna," Sirius quickly denied, sitting up abruptly.

   "Oh, Merlin, will you deny everything that I say?" James sounded exasperated, sitting in the nearest armchair. "Don't act like you're above liking the girl. You two were obsessed with each other - from third year to fifth year. It was difficult to watch. The constant teasing, the insults, your awful attempts at flirting-"

   "I think my attempts were fine."

   "Sure they were, mate. Besides the point... What was my point?"

   "A shit point about how I supposedly like Remus and Dominique."

   "Right, and you believe Remus likes Dominique?"

   "It's difficult to tell with him, but not impossible," Sirius started, holding his cigarette between his index and middle finger as he began to lean forward. James instinctively did the same, listening. "Had any other Slytherin come up to him and asked for help with studying, he'd have said no. Remus is a lovely lad, but Slytherins? Not exactly fond of them, is he? But Dominique is a pretty girl-"

   "See-"

   "Fuck off, I'm not blind. She is very clearly a pretty girl and Remus sees that too. And he's too reserved to make a move on her but does he look at her - a lot."

James pursed just lips, taking one last drag from his cigarette before putting it out. He had noticed Remus' shy and lingering gazes, and how he seemed to mentally psyche himself up before talking to Dominique in potions. However, that last point may just be due to the fact that Dominique is extremely intimidating.

For James, it was hilarious. Observing Sirius watch Remus, and then Remus who watched Dominique. But also, Remus watching Sirius. He didn't bring up the last one in this conversation, wanting to see how things played out. He did like a little bit of chaos. As for Dominique, he could never tell what that girl was feeling.

Dominique was incredibly difficult in all possible ways.

Speak of the devil, James happened to look out of the window just as Dominique walked across the school grounds with Kathryn, the two seeming to be in a deep conversation. Kathryn managed to spot James all the way up in Gryffindor tower, grinning before waving up at the boy. Sirius joined James at the window, cigarette between his lips.

She is awfully pretty, Sirius thought as he observed Dominique - even if he could only see her from afar. Insufferable, but so pretty. James glanced at his friend and held back a snicker, stepping away from the window.

Kathryn began to walk away but paused when she realised Dominique hadn't continued walking with her. Dominique was still looking up at Sirius, although she couldn't really see his face. She could see the smoke in the window, and his shaggy dark hair, but that was about all.

Dominique stuck her middle finger up at Sirius, her gold signet ring reflecting in the sun. Sirius removed his cigarette from between his lips and smirked, sticking up his own middle finger. Dominique hated the fact that a small almost broke out on her lips, quickly leaving before she could internally scold herself further.

Those horny bastards can't hate each other for more than five minutes, Kathryn thought, glancing up at the window before following after Dominique.

word count : 1406

·̩͙✧ AUTHOR'S NOTE ! ━━━

my updates are so slow - my bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
1.7K 87 17
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
763K 22K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...