Boyfriends

By PurplePillow

Five years down the road, Em left Blake when she caught him naked and next to a certain blonde. With her, she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 17

12.8K 551 156
By PurplePillow

✿ Em's POV ✿

"You're glowing. Are you pregnant?" Emmalie teased as she strutted into my office, two solo cups in a her left hand. Her Kate Spade hand bag was hanging off her right shoulder. Grabbing one of the solo cups, I took a large sip, and scalded my tongue in the process. "By the way, nice new office."

She was the one that was glowing. At four months of her pregnancy, she was in her second trimester and glowing. Emmalie was literally glowing in the dark. Her baby bump was much more prominent now. "Thanks. And puh-lease, I'm not going through the horrors of pushing something out of myself again," I shuddered dramatically at the memory of going into labour and sort of pushing Elliot out of me.

"You exaggerate, Emmi," She rolled her eyes at me, taking a sip of her coffee,"You were high on the gas mask and epidural. Eli was vacuumed from you."

"Be that way," I retorted. I began showing Emmalie around my modest-sized office - it was the first time she was here since I was promoted. We definitely had to catch up and talk. After all, I hadn't seen her for almost a month! Sure, we talked on the phone, but nothing could beat meeting in person.

"Seriously, you seem much happier. Honestly, I've never seen you so happy in the few years I have known you," She took on a serious tone, scanning me carefully with her grey eyes, "You met someone new?" 

Well, that was sort of correct. Except that he wasn't new. More like my ex-husband. 

"Ooh! Mikaela told me about him last night while we were on the phone. She said you were totally in love, but she didn't tell me who it was," She started hopping around like a crazy junkie that was high on weed. She was definitely going to hurt the baby if she continued hopping around. Touch wood. "Spill." 

"Stop hopping! Your baby is jiggling around in your womb. It's probably getting sick," I grabbed both her wrists to stop her from being hyper-active, "Mikaela was just exaggerating. I'm not in love with him. We just had fun on our blind date."

"A blind date? Details, Em; I want details," She did her hair flip, and her long golden mane went flying into my mouth. I spluttered, and drank gulps of my hot coffee, trying to cleanse the insides of my mouth. 

"Gosh Emmalie, I ate your hair," I wheezed. Great; now my tongue was scalded, and I had the disgusting taste of her Dove-conditioned hair in my mouth. 

"Well, if you don't tell me, I'm tempted to stuff my locks into your mouth again," She threatened, and stepped closer. 

"Morning Em," A yawn from behind me made Emmalie stop in her tracks and turn around. "Who's this?" 

"Darren, meet Emmalie," I introduced them, "And vice versa." 

"So, why are you out here talking to your friend? I've never seen you so vibrant and bouncy for the past few weeks I've worked here," He scrutinized my face. 

Emmalie butt in before I could reply, "She's telling me about her date last night!" 

"Well, it was with Blake," I admitted. Emmalie's eyes widened noticeably, and Darren's frowned. 

"Your ex-husband?" Darren asked curiously. I nodded in response. "I thought you hated him?"

"Well, everyone deserves a second chance, right? I gave you one," I found myself defending Blake. 

Darren's face was black. He was glaring menacingly at something. "Well, I don't think that it's right," He grumbled, "He broke your heart into two by cheating on you." 

Somehow, I didn't feel bothered at all. I didn't flinch like I used to when someone mentioned him cheating on me. Huh, maybe I really have forgiven him. "I'm an adult, I can make my own choices. Go and do your work," My voice was sharp and piercing. "Emmalie, we can continue this discussion in my room." 

Emmalie nodded, and followed me to my office room. 

"I need to get to the point," She said the moment I slammed the door shut behind us. 

"Shoot." 

"There's something wrong with Darren," She deadpanned. Then, she took out a clear file from her bag that contained papers. 

"Mikaela and Randy was suspicious of him, and they went to find out more about him," She started taking out the papers and laying them on the desk. "He wasn't meant to come out of jail for another year. Someone, a woman, bailed him out." She laid out a picture of a blonde woman wearing shades walking beside Darren. 

"What's so suspicious about that?" I cocked my head to one side in confusion. 

"That woman has blonde hair. Don't you find it funny that the woman you caught in bed with Blake had blonde hair, and the woman in the picture with Miles was also a blonde?" 

"You're a blonde," I stated bluntly. I still couldn't understand what the heck she was implying. Blondes were super common these days, even non-blondes dyed their hair blonde. What happened to the good old days, when blondes were considered dumb?

"Ugh, you don't get it Em! Darren is up to something, and it isn't good!" Emmalie ran her fingers through her wavy hair in frustration, "And it has something to do with you." 

"You're here to tell me that Darren's going to do what he did to me, again?" I snorted in disbelief. No, he definitely wasn't going to do that again. He was different. He was sorry for what he did six years ago. He was over his little crush on me. 

"Exactly," Emmalie snapped her fingers, "And this time, it's going to be much worse." 

"You know what I think?" I stood up abruptly from my seat, "You are just all prejudiced against Darren because of what he did in the past! You people are just pushing the blame on him, and accusing him! And by the way, like eighty percent of people in America are blondes. You can't just say that it was the same woman." 

"You don't know what he's thinking!" Emmalie also stood up, glaring at me. I was taller than her by at least half a head, but still, she was intimidating, "You could be working and talking to a future murderer!" 

"Shut it Emmalie! Don't go around slandering innocent people. And tell Mikaela to stop doing it too," I snarled at her, and slammed my cup onto the desk. "Leave." 

"Just-" 

"Leave." 

She kept the papers back into the filmsy plastic file, and stuffed it back into her bag. She looked me in the eye. "Just be more cautious, okay? I didn't mean to hurt you." Then, she left.

I breathed in deeply, trying to calm myself down. It was funny how ten minutes ago, we were laughing and joking, and then, we were arguing. There was another knock on my door, and I yelled that whoever it was could enter. 

Darren. 

"What happened? Emmalie left looking all angry and flustered," Darren asked. I wanted to tell him that she was accusing him, but then, it seemed... Wrong. 

"We were arguing over her boyfriend, Bryce. It's a very small matter, and I got too worked up," I told him, smiling as genuinely as I could. The suspicious look on his face disappeared, and was replaced with a smile.

"Oh, I was just concerned. I heard you guys shouting pretty loudly at each other," He stated. 

"You didn't hear anything we said, right?" I asked cautiously. It would be horrible if he had heard everything. He would be angry. 

"Nope, everything was muffled. I could just hear your voices," He replied easily. 

"Oh, that's fine then," I beamed at him in relief, "You can go back to work then." 

~~~~

Filler chapter. 

But it's sorta interesting, right? i mean, Emmalie and all are suspicious now...

Sorry i haven't uploaded for agesss. My computer keyboard died on me. And today, my dad came home with a macbook for me, so I was like so happy. 

okay, 200 votes? I won't be uploading for awhile. school's stressful. 

comment too. I like comments. omg. I'm going to do the question of the chapter. #qotc

So, the question is: Where do you live and what grade/year/level are you in? 

peace out. 

p.s: you can ask me questions at Ask.fm. LINK ---> ask.fm/PurplePillow

I'll put it in the external link as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999 10 11
A GIRL NAMED Y/N GET SOLD TO MAFIAS NOT ONE BUT SEVEN MAFIAS BY HER FATHER HE SOLD HER TO SAVE HIM SELF FROM DYING BY THEM SO Y/N FELL IN LOVE WITH...
163 19 9
Blake never imagined that the end of his three year relationship with Madison would end up with her betraying him in the most ruthless way. Nonethele...
367 11 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
3.8K 165 23
The prom queen has blood on her hands. ......... "I'd like to experience that deadly kiss of yours, baby girl" "In your dreams lover boy" He chuckle...