Emanet

Por wittypenart

One night. One horrific incident. That's all it took to change the course of life for them. Hurts, lies and... Mais

|Characters and Aesthetics|
|Prologue|:
|01|: Brother/بھائی
|02|: Women/خواتین
|03|: Threat/دھمکی
|04|:Attack/ حملہ
|05|: Mourn/سوگ
|06|: Altered/ تبدیل
|07|: Guilt/شرمندگی
|08|: Silence/خاموشی
|09|: Terror/دہشت
|10|: Motherly/شفيق
|11|: Stalker/شکاری
|12|: Marriage/شادی
|13|: Photographs/تصاویر
|14|: Rumour/افواہ
|15|: Refusal/اِنکار
|16|: Intruder/دخل انداز
|17|: Nikkah/نکاح
|18|: Calamity/وبال
|19|: Dawn/صبح
|20|: Brut/تلخ
|21|: Serenity/اطمینان
|22|: Bargain/سودا
|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت
|24|: Stranger/اجنبی
|25|: Negligence/غفلت
|26|: Gift/تحفہ
|27|: Wounded/زخمی
|28|: Care/خیال
|29|: Upset/ناراضگی
|30|: Close/قریب
|31|: Shopping/خریداری
|32|: Event/تقریب
|33|: Fear/خوف
|34|: Truth/سچ
|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش
|37|: Disturbance/خلل
|38|: Family/خاندان
|39|: Kidnapped/اغواء
|40|: Wrath/غصہ
|41|: Identity/شناخت
|42|: Deal/سودا
|43|: Agony/اذیت
|44|: Wait/اِنتظار
|45|: Tranquility/قرار
|46|: Reunion/ملاپ
|47|: Justice/اِنصاف
|48|: Mehndi/مہندی
|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی
|Epilogue|:

|35|: Game/کھیل

1.9K 96 4
Por wittypenart

"تم تکلف کو بھی اخلاص سمجھتے ہو فراز
دوست نہیں ہوتا ہر ہاتھ ملانے والا"

Holding the steaming hot cup in her hand, Safa knocked at the study door. Her husband has been inside this room for hours. Most of his days are spent either in offices or his study. He's just confined himself to his work. Opening the door slightly, she peeked inside. There he was sitting in his chair wearing his glasses that were resting on the tip of his nose. His head was buried in files and she was confirmed he hasn't heard her knock. He looked handsome in those glasses though. Making all sorts of butterflies swim in her stomach.

"Relax a little."

His head snapped at her remark. He sighed and took off his glasses putting them onto the table, he rubbed his temples. She slowly walked towards him aware of his state and droopy eyes. It was close to ten. Stopping beside him, she placed the cup onto the table. He took a sip and a smile instantly formed on his features.

"That was much needed."

She changed her position and stood behind him. He looked a little confused, but when he felt her soft hands massaging his temples, he visibly relaxed. His tensed muscles loosen up a bit and he rested his head on the back of the chair.

"You know you don't have to work so hard."

She muttered. She didn't like how he was burying himself deep in work not caring about his health. It is unfair.

"If I won't work hard, who will?" He asked while taking hold of her hand, eyes still closed. She smiled and said

"You know you're very selfless." Her statement drew a chuckle from him and he slowly shook his head

"I don't think that's the right word."

"Why not?" She asked not liking the worthless tone he was using.

"You are the most caring person I've seen. You care for people around you. You care for your family and you're working hard for the company. You give yourself less credit."

She blabbered at him. She couldn't have thought that he was drowning himself in self loathe.

"I should've helped my brother when he was alive. But I stayed to my reckless ways and now that's he's mur.....gone, only then I realized what a little piece of sh...."

He was stopped by a finger to his lips. Glancing at his wife's eyes, all he saw was appreciation for him. There was this warmth that was taking over his darkness. Same magical spell that was befalling him. Everything about her was different like she was his other half, maybe she is. His other half.

"Don't say like that. Your brother loved you very much. I know from the way he talked about you. He never once complained about you. He was happy that you were free and void of any responsibility. You were his pride. I believe if he was here, he would have been angry with you for thinking so low of his brother."

His words somehow daggered his heart and he felt light. Those words were magical. He never knew his brother was happy with his reckless behaviour. Of course, he always encouraged him to go office, but he never once forced him, allowing him to work at his own pace. Gazing into those soft eyes, he felt this sudden urge to hold her. To feel her in his arms, but he did nothing of that sort.
Instead, the words escaped his lips before he could even comprehend them.

"I love you."

With widened eyes, his wife gazed at him. Her face was conveying her shock and surprise. Retreating her hand, he knew she'll close off, so he reached forward and grabbed hold of her face. Caressing the side of her face, he looked deeper into her eyes and said again

"I love you, Safa. There's so going back or denying it. You're mine for eternity. You're my light. Always seeing the best in me."

Placing his lips on her forehead, he let them stay there for a while before putting his forehead on hers. From her expressions, he knew she was deep in thoughts so he assured

"You don't have to say anything. Take your time."

Letting go of her, he relaxed back in his chair while staring at his shocked wife. A laugh bubbled out of his chest that him saying

"I like it when you blush. Your cheeks are all red."

She slapped a hand on her cheeks as if they were on fire and that has him laughing out loud. She gazed at him. At him laughing. The man that changed her life. The man that showed her respect and care. He was honest about everything.

But you haven't.

A bitter voice of her conscience mocked. It has her turning her gaze away from him. Guilt and shame washed over her as she thought about the biggest truth that she has ever hidden.

The truth about his brother. How she was there when they were chased. How she ran like a coward while he took a bullet.

All of the memories took a toll on her and she wanted this burden out of her chest. Turning back, she said

"Subhan..."

He looked up from his file and the way he was gazing at her...like she was his whole world, squashed her heart. How can she possibly tell him the truth? He won't look at you the same anymore. But again what if he doesn't hate you? What if he accepts you?

But what if he lets go of you? Who would want to live with a coward like you!

Her conscience mocked and she quickly muttered

"Nothing."

Great. Just like the coward you are!

Giving him a weak smile, she left the place and ran straight to the terrace. Her breathing was ragged due to all the running, but she only stopped when she was leaning against the railing.

What are you doing Safa? Tell him. Tell him what happened. What really happened back then.

Shaking her head as if to get rid of the thoughts, she slumped to the ground. She was feeling sad but there were no tears. It was like her soul was crying. She loves him a lot. He is every girls dream. Kind, caring, sincere. All things a girl possibly want in a life partner. But she isn't. She's a lair. A coward.
Gaining control of her emotions, she drew in a lunge of air. After satisfying her aching lungs, she stood up.

"I'll tell him soon. Just not now. He's already so tensed."

You're just delaying the inevitable.

But nothing's wrong with enjoying your husband's love.

She was torn between two, but in the end the later won. Hoping she'll tell him soon, she left the terrace.
~~~~~~~~~

Subhan was watching his wife through the mirror as he applied his perfume. She's been unexpectedly quiet since his confession which made him think whether he pressured her or something like that. Having enough of this silence treatment, he walked toward her where she was making the bed. Stopping at an arm's distance, he wrapped his arms around her middle that caused her to stiffen. Putting his face in her neck, he inhaled her scent feeling her slender fingers wrapped around his arms.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. She slowly shook her head.

"There must be. You're so quiet." He insisted. He was desperate to know what's going on in her mind.

"I haven't been sleeping properly." She replied and worry quickly jarred his heart.

"Are you having nightmares again?" He questioned not wanting to know if those episodes started again.

"No. It must be exhaustion. I haven't been feeling good." She again said in a low voice. He turned her around so that her face was visible to him and indeed she looked tried. There were bags underneath her eyes and she looked disturbed.

"Get some rest okay. If you still don't feel good, we'll visit a doctor, hmm." She nodded and gave him a weak smile. Pressing a tight kiss to her forehead, he said

"I'll leave now. Call me if anything happens."

She gave him a nod and he left after pressing a kiss to her cheeks.
~~~~~~~~~

"We should start with the Noorie project now. All the preparations has been done. I can arrange a meeting between you and the feudal lords. I hope we'll come to a conclusion that favours us both."

Altamash gave his opinion to his friend.

"You're right. Its been very delayed. The faster the better."

Subhan agreed. His phone rang loudly on the table and he immediately accepted the call and said

"Inspector Rafay."

"Mr. Durrani. I have news. We've taken custody of the man who attacked you in Islamabad. He has information."

A wide grin spread over his features. This was the moment he was waiting for.

"I'll meet you there."

Hanging up, he draped his coat over his shoulders while saying to Altamash

"Come on let's get going."

"I feel like your secretary." Grumbled Altamash.

"Took you long enough to figure."
A scowl was thrown his way.
~~~~~~~~

Both the men arrived at the police station and went straight to Rafay's cabin. He was sat there on his chair drinking from his favourite cup of tea.

"Gentleman." Greeting those two, he offered them seats.

"Where is he?" Subhan asked. Anger and frustration boiling inside of him.

"The man hasn't taken anyone names. Just that he was hired by a business man. He was given huge money to attack you."

Rafay told both of them.

"Why not kill him? Why just attack him?"

Altamash probed. It wasn't making sense.

"It must be a threat. To stop me from something."

Subhan guessed and it has Rafay snapping his fingers at him

"Bingo!"

"What will happen to the man? He wasn't alone. There were others too."

Subhan said clearly remembering there was more than one.

"We'll catch them soon."
He nodded. Remembering something he asked

"Have you find anything about the mysteries woman?"

Rafay shook his head negatively and it disappointed Subhan. Who is she?!

"We've found nothing about her. It could be to distract us. Making us believe he was with other woman."

Rafay has been a police officer for a long while now. These types of tricks are common. Perfect to distract from the real culprit.

"If you find anything else, then tell me."

Rafay nodded and both of them leave the police station. Sliding inside the cars, Altamash said

"We're having food and you're the one paying."

Subhan chuckled and drove them to a nice dhaba.

These men have a taste for Desi cuisine.

Ordering some Chicken kebab and parathas. They enjoyed their food.

"You know what, arrange that meeting. It should be dealt with soon. Plus I'll also be able to check the shelter home. Take care of things here while I'm gone."

He said to the other man while biting on his kebab.

"Aye Sir." Altamash grumbled with a mouthful. Man loves kebabs way too much.

Subhan's phone dinged with a message and he frowned at the unknown number. Excusing himself, he opened the chats and clicked on the message.

"The woman you're looking for is closer than you can imagine."

Intense confusion doubled his features and he quickly send the number to Rafay for investigation. He reread the message trying to see any loophole. But found none. It was typed. Clever move at the sender's part. But what is the meaning of this? What's happening? Why would someone send him a cryptic message? And most importantly

Who is this?
••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's an update. Hope you'll enjoy it.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

100K 2.5K 46
Azaan Qureshi Kind hearted Religious Man of principles Mirha Javed Epitome of simplicity Practicing Muslimah An obedient daughter What happens when t...
552K 21.9K 31
~ ZA¥DAN ~ 'Life is a Game of chess' Move in silence only to say CHECKMATE°°° ~ HA¥AT ~ 'Life can be a game of chess' But with...
171K 6.4K 21
پہلی نظر میں کیسا جادو کر دیا تیرا بن بیٹھا ہے میرا جیا 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝖠𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾...