Met Her Through The Media

By SapphireeVixenn

Nadalia Saint An ambitious, outgoing, persuading and level-heded girl attending her first years of universit... More

Meet Nadalia
Meet Dakota
*Authors Note*
~Prologue~
❦Night before
❦ Small world
❦Why are you laughing
❦Dads will be dads
❦Spark one up for friends
❦ Fox Chapter For The Books
❦That was unexpected
❦Long Saturday
❦Stomach of..Frogs?
❦No time for denial
❦Niylah the Hair-apist
❦You like Ambré?
❦So much going on
❦It was needed
❦She knows
❦Truth or Drink
❦Held Convos
❦What will this mean?
❦Just admit it
❦Pretty girls mope too
❦Bestie Time
❦Satisfaction brought it back
❦One thing to another
❦Problem Solved
❦Not a Date
❦Miss Scorpio
❦Miss Taurus
❦Avoidance
❦Standing on what?
❦In the Midst
❦Actions have Consequences
❦What a feeling
❦Affected
❦Confessions
❦Welcome in all the warmth

❦Kickback not so kick-backed?

589 28 24
By SapphireeVixenn

October 21st

It's been three days since Dakota and Nadalia discussed one of their problems in the hall of their AA studies class. Dakota has yet to talk about the other things she vaguely spoke of, but Nadalia wasn't rushing her. She was just glad and relieved that the two of them were back to their normal friendly selves.Nadalia even invited her and Tiana to Raina's kickback, one of the Juniors on her majorette team.

The kickback was open invite and would be at an Air bnb in Calabasas. When Nadalia first heard the location and the where it'll be hosted in she immediately thought it was a party but Raina made sure to reassure her that it isn't and that the air bnb was small and cozy and she got it more out the way because apparently black people didn't like to go out too far. Raina also stated that she only invited the team except four girls she was in it with and a few athletes.

Right now it's 5:15 and the kickback starts at 8 and ends at 11 which was perfect for Nadalia and Indiah. Nadalia had showered at home and threw on a plain short set while she had her actual outfit in a tote. The two decided to meet up at Indiah's place and get ready there before leaving to the event.

"Alright so how's this Raina girl anyway? Actually how's the team period?" Asked Indiah as she was in her full length mirror, fixing her slick back bun. Indiah usually always has her hair done back to back because she hates dealing with the thick and coarse curls but she knew her hair needed a break from all the tension and to actually breathe.

Nadalia slid out of the dms she was going through on her businesses account before looking at her talk best friend, "well Raina is kind of known I guess you can say for her placement on the team, she's reserved but she knows hell of people" she answered. Pausing as she thought of the other girls.

"Courtney is our captain and she's really nice and she's really known to the athletes and people in performing arts but she not bitchy or nothing but I will say she do not play," Nadalia made sure to say because at first meeting you would think she is but she isn't.

Indiah finished up her bun and walked over to the bed and where Nadalia is as she sat by her, "yeah some dude on the team was saying how he been trying to get at her since the summer or something" she laughed as she rolled her eyes at the remembrance of how pathetic he had sounded when he was talking about it.

Nadalia laughed at the way Indiah said the words and shook her had at the boys misery.

"I've heard her say she has a strict rule against dating athletes, she say they the biggest whores or something like that" Nadalia replied between her little giggles.

Indiah dramatically gasped as she clasped her chest with her right hand "now hold on cause she is wrong, maybe the boys but not the girls!"

Dalia chuckled as she teasingly shrugged her shoulders, "hey not my words, take that up with her" she raised her hands in mock surrender as she bit back the rest of her laughs.

"But anyway the last two that'll be there since the other four girls she didn't invite, is Tyla and Lanay. They're sophomores and cousins. I haven't really gotten to talk to them much, they kinda seem like the 'im all that and what about it' type."

Diah made a scrunched up face at the description. She's all for thinking that you're all that but the way Nadalia said it gave off that they the fake mean girl type.

"I hate bitches like that" Indiah said as she shook her head.

Nadalia sighed in agreement "tell me about it."

<33

"So what you got going on this fantastic Friday?" Kendra said as she wasn't leaned against the kitchen counter. She had came by Dakota's place to drop off the shoes she wanted done as well as the payment.

Dakota went over to the table to grab a mango from the fruit basket before going near Kendra to pick up a knife, "well Nadalia invited to some little thing some girl on her majorette team having so imma see what that's about, how bout you?" She asked back before she began cutting slices of the mango.

The 5'8 girl scoffed before she removed her self from the counter and walked over to take a seat at the table. The sound and action caused Dakota to stop her task momentarily as she looked over to the girl with a confused frown.

"What you do that noise for?" Questioned the apartment's owner before she transferred the sliced fruit to a bowl.

"Cause wasn't you just yapping about how you ain't want nobody to invite you out cause you needed to get on your shit or whatever?" Said Kendra with a furtive raise of her brow and the corner of her lip twitching up in amusement.

Dakota rolled her eyes to herself as she grabbed some tajin from the counter to shake on her bowl of fruit before walking over to the table, taking a seat by the girl she was in a conversation with.

With the lack of refute, she sighed as she decided to just say it how it is. "Okay first of all, I said that like what? Nineteen days ago?"

"Blah blah I know you only goin cause Nadalia goin." Kendra flicked her hand in mock exhaustion as she smiled.

Dakota couldn't help but have her own small smile break out. 

"You not all the way wrong but on some real shit it's cause this may be like one of the days she actually can be out to do something so like why not take up the opportunity," she shrugged her shoulders as her reasoning was valid and the whole thing wasn't much of a big deal.

"Mm, I know that's right! Apply that pressure young!" Kendra said in amusement as she brought her hand up and towards the lighter complexion girl to dap up.

"Shut that lame shit up." She chuckled while she daped up the twin.

"Enough of me, how's the modeling shit going?" Dakota asked as she began eating her fruit. Having to smack away Kendra's sneaky hands ever so often as she was catching Dakota up on how she partnered with Rebook and took photos a few days ago that are in editing to post. Dakota showed her proudness towards her friend's accomplishments before they began talking more about their lives and schedules until it was time for Tiana to be making her way over so they can head to the kickback.

<33

"So why mindless behavior themed?" Tiana asked Nadalia as she grabbed herself a water from the cooler.

Nadalia and Indiah got to the kickback at exactly 8:10 while Dakota and Tiana made it to the bnb precisely two minutes ago which was 8:23.

"She said it was going to be 2013 themed but chose just mindless behavior because they were her obsession at the time." Nadalia explained with a small chuckle.

"I ain't even know kickback's have themes unless it's like Halloween or some shit." Dakota spoke as she began licking to seal the leaf her weed was held in.

Nadalia was glad she was a good listener because if she wasn't, she wouldn't have heard anything her crush said as she was paying way too much attention to the way she looked while licking the wood. She wasn't sure if such a simple action should've been so attractive but it was.

"I thought you said you were a kickback person?" Nadalia quickly threw out, hoping it was enough to make it seem like her mind wasn't else where. Once the question was mindlessly asked she became glad she asked cause it was something she began to question for real.

"I'am but the ones I go to, just be regular. Random playlists, smoking, and minimal people." The smoker girl said.

As she spoke. Nadalia took in the girl's outfit which was oversized khaki brown parachute pants and a Urban Outfitters cropped vintage spliced knit shrug that she had over a cropped army green spaghetti strap showing off her tattoos and belly piercing. She noticed that her own labeled 'kickback outfit' was not as kickback as she thought it was.

Nadalia had on a Fashion Nova black wash 'cross my heart' micro mini skirt that she paired with a red Ed Hardy tiger tank top from Fashion Nova. She lastly wore some black faux fur boots and a small black bag.

"Why you even roll that up, you can't smoke in air bnb's" Tiana interjected before Nadalia could say anything else. Tiana was dressed pretty comfortably as well as all she had on was a white crop top under a pink sweatsuit that had silver details and a pair of pink fluff yeah UGGS.

Dakota released a giant dramatic sigh as she rolled her neck over to her side which was the direction her best friend was in.

"Who said I was smokin in here, the back yard is legit right there T. Cmon now" she replied as she flicked one of  Tiana's space bun's. Automatically earning a slap in the shoulder for that the taller girl laughed off.

"Okay bitch I'm back!" Indiah said as she neared the small group. She had left to go to the bathroom real quick to pee and make sure her light makeup was okay. She hadn't worn a face in a minute so she felt kind of nervous about it being bad.

"Finally, everything okay?" Dolly asked.

Indiah did a small spin as she brought her hands down her body "of course" she answered with a grin. Nadalia laughed at her dramatic best friend before she took a sip of the Ciroc and pineapple juice mixture in her solo cup.

The small group finished having small conversation before Raina came over to them to ask if they were enjoying their time and to chat a little bit with Nadalia.

After a while the group migrated outside to the backyard to Dakota's request so she could smoke. When they made it outside they noticed it was a few others out there. Either smoking as well, chatting, or sharing spit with their partners.

Tiana was in the middle of telling the story of how she started doing nails and how Dakota inspired her in a way to get more into doing art designs instead of just gems and charms when Courtney came up to the four.

"Hey honey, I didn't see you come in," she said to Nadalia. While the pet name she once was called before by the girl, cause her to be flustered. It made Dakota eyebrows draw slightly together.

"Like an hour ago I didn't see you either, how long have you been here?"

Courtney took a seat on the small table in front of the outside couch the four were sitting on as she didn't want to continue standing while talking to the seated girl.

"I got here like forty something minutes ago. You look cute Doll, where'd you get the skirt?" She spoke as she crossed her legs over one another to sit her elbow on and prop her chin up on her palm.

Soon as the name doll came from the slim girl, Dakota felt herself feel a bit agitated. First the girl come over calling Nadalia cute names and now she calling her the nickname she called her first. It made her feel like a second or like she was in imaginary competition.

Dakota took a long pull from her blunt before ashing it in Nadalia's empty solo cup that she said was okay for her to do before she spoke up.

"What's your name?" She asked in a tone that she attempted at her best, to not make it sound like she was irritated. It ended up coming out monotone.

Tiana looked over at her best friend with a confused face as she could observe the hostility the no longer sober girl held. Indiah just looked between Courtney, Dakota and Nadalia with a face that you would make during watching a juicy reality tv scene.

Courtney chuckled a bit before opening her mouth to reply, "my name's Courtney my fault for not introducing myself to the rest of y'all, what's your name's?" She ended up asking as she looked over to the rest.

Dakota was the first to reply by giving hers out and the others.

"Well okay then. Nice meeting y'all, I'll see you later or on Monday Nadalia." Courtney replied as she got up from her seated position. She felt the tension Dakota had towards her and she didn't want to cause any drama even though she had no idea why Dakota was giving her that vibe.

"Yeah definitely, see you later." Nadalia said as she waved off Courtney's departure.

When she was gone, Indiah hurried and turned to whisper in Nadalia's ear, "not Minnesota jealous."

Nadalia ignored Indiah's use of the word jealous and instead laughed at the fact she called Dakota Minnesota. Which is what she called her the time Dakota had said her name wrong.

"What y'all laughing about?" Dakota asked as she took another pull from the blunt.

"A corny joke," Indiah said with a nonchalant shrug.

Before anyone could say anything more. Indiah caught focus of a certain frat boy walking up towards them.

"Why you here Maurice?" Indiah questioned in boredom once he was close enough to them for him to hear.

Tiana had twisted her head and whole body towards the figure that Indiah identified.

"What the fuck? Maurice?!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-Thinking of doing a small Q&A so drop some questions!! Could be about this book, my other book, future books, or me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 3.6K 24
TROPES~ • Friends To Lovers • • Slow Burn Romance • • Love Triangle • • He fell first, she fell harder • A Teenage girl, Vinaya loves reading books...
22.7K 831 31
| COMPLETED | 𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖 {𝙰 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎, 𝙰 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝} (The sequel of Serendipity Book One) They have decided to go separ...
176K 8.8K 33
**Book 2 Is now out! Title: The Wolf Without! Check out our profile to find it!** This story is told in two perspectives; Dakota was a normal woman...
256K 10.1K 47
• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own fear, under the sea of your limitation an...