Salvation

By RLWhite

⚠️ CONTENT WARNING ⚠️ Domestic violence, emotional abuse and sexual assault. Violent scenes and violent lang... More

Salvation
Before Reading Please Read!
Main Cast
Content Warnings
•Playlist•
Chapter 1: How I fell
Chapter 2: How I met Mr Alexander
Chapter 3: How I found an old love
Chapter 4: How I remembered
Chapter 5: How Mr Alexander met David
Chapter 6: How I couldn't stop thinking of her
Chapter 7: How I couldn't look at him (NEW)
Chapter 8: How I got a day off from work
Chapter 9: How I met Nathan's Mother
Chapter 10: How Grace fell asleep on me
Chapter 11: How my tears fell subconsciously
Chapter 12: How I met Nathan's family
Chapter 13: How I ran from everyone
Chapter 14: How I watched the snow falling (NEW)
Chapter 15: How I felt disappointment (NEW)
Chapter 16: How I confronted him (NEW)
Chapter 17: How he came to my house
Chapter 18: How I went on a business trip
Chapter 19: How I was willing to take a risk
Chapter 20: How We Watched the Stars
Chapter 21: How he found out
Chapter 22. How she keeps running
Chapter 23: How I faced the consequences (NEW)
Chapter 24. How I realised (New)
(Not Edited) How I passed out at his door
(Not Edited) How I held her
(Not Edited) How he took care of me.
(Not Edited) How I stayed with him.
(Not Edited) How he came back
(Not Edited) How I couldn't breath
(Not Edited) How my heart broke
(Not Edited) How I woke
(Not Edited) How I was speechless
(Not Edited) How we shopped for the wedding
(Not Edited) How he carried me through the door
(Not Edited) How my life was perfect

(Not Edited) How we said I do.

19.9K 581 71
By RLWhite

It was 6:00 am, and I have been up since five. I can't control my excitement for today because today, I will marry the love of my life. Nathan is at his apartment, and I'm staying at the family home getting ready since we're having the wedding in the beautiful back garden fields in the meadows.

There was a knock at the door, and I opened it to see Amy, Rosie, and Lillian walk in with a man and a woman behind them.

"You're glowing," Lillian said, hugging me, and I smiled, hugging her back.

Rosie hugged me next as the Make-up and hair people set up. "You've showered?"

I chuckled at her face, and I nodded. "Yes, Rosie, I have showered."

"Well, now that's out of the way, maybe you would like to sit down, and we'll get to work," One of the Hairdressers said. "My names Marco by the way"

"Hi Marco", I smiled at him shaking his hand, but he pulled me in for a hug, and I laughed.

I smiled at the woman, and she pulled me in for as well. "My name is Rachel."

I nodded, sitting down in the chair, and Marco started to brush my hair.

"So Tom's all dressed up in his suit," Amy said as she sat down in front of Rachel, who started to do her make-up.

"Really, how does he look?" I asked her as Marco curled my hair.

"In one word, yummy", Amy drooled, and I chuckled along with Rosie and Lillian. Even Marco and Rachel chuckled.

"So tell me, how did you meet your man," Marco said to me, and I smiled fondly.

"Um, well, I met him in his office, and he was stern and cold, but he over time became warm and kind", I started. "I worked for him as his P.A, so I was around him a lot. I have a boyfriend at the time" I closed my eyes as David flashed in my mind. I haven't thought about him in a long time. Lillian put a hand on my knee.

"He was abusive and just wrong for me, but would I leave him? No, I wouldn't, but I felt myself falling for Nathan every day until one day I couldn't take him anymore, so I left and fainted at Nathan's door after David kicked the living daylight out of me."

"Oh my goodness, honey", Marco exclaimed. "Thank god you left him and went after your heart."

I smiled, and I nodded. "That sounds so lovely, Went after my heart" I sighed

After Marco finished my hair into a beautiful updo that looked so complicated, "Thank you", I smiled, hugging Marco.

"Just one finishing touch, and it will be perfect", Lillian said as she placed a white bow wrapped in a silver bow on her lap. She untied the bow and took off the lid. Inside was a beautiful diamond fascinator.

"This has been in my family for over 150 years; my great, great grandfather gave it to my great-great-grandmother when he went off to war," Lillian told me. "And now I'm giving it to you for your wedding like my grandmother, my mother, and I did before you."

Tears welled in my eyes. "I can't take this."

"Why not? It's a mothers joy to pass things down to their children," Lillian told me with a warm smile.

"Thank you", I smiled, hugging her. She passed the fascinator to Marco, and he put it in my hair along with the veil.

"You know I forgot what it was like to have a family and have them want to give you things," I said as tears fell and Rosie pulled me into a hug.

"I know you have, but today you are not only marrying my brother; you're gaining a family that loves you," Rosie told me, and I smiled at her wiping my eyes.

"Look the state of me", I chuckled. "I'm not even at the aisle yet."

I sat down in front of Rachel as Marco started to do the girls hair in the way that they wanted to and planned to when we bought the dresses.

"Well, at least you're not a nervous wreck that wants to run away", Amy laughed from the styling chair.

I looked at her with a smile on my face as Rachel did my base make-up. "No, that won't be me, well I'm nervous, but I want to marry him more than anything."

"I think every bride is nervous, but a good nervous", Rachel said as she applied my eyeshadow.

"So, where are you going for your honeymoon?" Marco asked me with a smile.

"Um, I don't know. Nathan is good at keeping a secret; he won't tell me he says it's a surprise," I told him.

"Well, it must be lovely if he wants to keep the suspension going," Amy said, and I nodded. "At least your man can do romance. Tom wouldn't know romance if you hit him over the head with it"

I chuckled as Rachel put the finishing touches on my make-up. "I'm sure that he does know romance."

"Well, he can be, but it does take a while for him actually to get a clue on it" She smiled.

"And that's you done" Rachel smiled at me, and I smiled back as she handed me a mirror.

"Oh my goodness, it's amazing!" I gushed as I looked in the mirror.

It was natural makeup but had a fancy side to it; the eyeshadow is peach and lights brown smokey eye shadow. The lipstick was a light pink that enhanced my lips making my face brighter.

My eyelashes were more prominent and thicker than ever.

I walked into the other bedroom where my dress was waiting. I bit my lips as I looked over it before picking it up carefully.

I had my nails done the day before with Rosie and Amy. Melissa had done them for free as a wedding present.

I slid on the dress, and it got like a dream. I looked in the mirror, and it became so real.

I looked happy, so happy, and I was happier than I ever thought I could ever be.

"Come on out", Amy cheered to me as I slid on my mother's wedding shoes. They were the only thing of my parents' wedding that I managed to save from David, so he didn't sell them for beer money.

I came out of the room holding my dress up so I didn't fall.

"You look amazing like a real bride, so perfect," Lillian said as tears came to her eyes. "Nathan is a lucky, lucky man."

"Well, I'm lucky to have him as well," I said truthfully.

"You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen," Rosie said as she hugged me.

"We have ten minutes until the wedding", Amy cheered in excitement, looking at the clock.

I jumped up and down twice, squealing as they all laughed.

I sprayed some perfume on, and I felt my heart race as I realised in about seven minutes I will be married to the person I love more than anything.

I took a deep breath as I rushed around, trying to get the last minute things done.

We said goodbye to Rachel and Marco, and we started to walk downstairs to the grand hall.

"I'm so excited," I said as I took my bouquet of Lilies from Rosie.

"You look stunning", I heard Bradley say, and I turned around to hugged him.

I asked Bradley to walk me down the aisle because he helped me a lot in the last year or so.

Lillian kissed me on the cheek, and she went to take her seat.

I smiled as Adelina and Dalilah came out in their flower girl dresses. They looked so adorable.

"You look so pretty," Adelina said, and I smiled at her bending down to her level.

"Well, you're prettier. I don't think I could ever be as pretty as you," I said. "I mean, your pink dress is amazingly perfect on you."

She beamed up at me and squealed happily before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Bradley chuckled behind me, and I stood up. "I can see you are going to be a good mother."

"Well, I had a great one, and Lilian is great as well."

The flower girls and bridesmaids stood in front of me at the back door that was now covered in white and pink roses and daisies.

The bridesmaids' music started playing, and they walked out with the flower girls. They walked in time with the music, and I took a deep breath as I saw the rows of hundreds of guests.

"You ready?" Bradley asked, and I nodded, smiling at him.

"Of course, let's do this," I told him, and the music started to play, Pachelbel Canon in D Major

I took a deep breath as butterflies danced around my stomach. The doors were opened by two men dressed in suits.

A smile fell naturally on my face as Bradley, and I walked the distance to the real aisle. The guest all stood up, smiling at me—the mini-orchestra playing beautiful off behind the guest. I walked on the clearing ground, and I felt like I was floating on air.

The tree had lights wrapped around with flowers, White and Pink roses. It was stunning.

"You're doing great", Bradley whispered to me.

My breath caught in the back of my throat as I saw Nathan. Everything seemed to melt away, and all that mattered was him and us getting married.

He looked so handsome in his black suit and tails with a white waistcoat, shirt and bow tie. He has a single white rose in his lapel.

He looked amazing, and I laughed as tears welled up.

"Hold it together for five more seconds", Bradley chuckled to me, and I laughed. I have Bradley a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you," I said, and he nodded before sitting down beside Stuart and his husband.

Nathan stepped forward, and I took his hand as I tried to hold myself together and control my nerves.

"You look stunning, absolutely stunning," He said in amazement, and I chuckled happily as we walked up to the vicar—the mini-orchestra playing lightly as the vicar cleared his throat.

I couldn't stop the smile on my face if I try as Nathan smiled down at me.

"We are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union and the love of these two people, Nathan Alexander and Grace Summers.

The excitement didn't die down as I squeezed Nathan's hand. Joy just spread through me; everything was perfect.

"I understand that they have written their own vows," The vicar said, and Rosie handed me a piece of card as Noah handed him the same.

"Nathan, if you would like to go first."

Nathan smiled at me, glancing at the guests before settling back on me.

"Grace, from the first moment you came into my office, there was something about you that drew me to you", He started, and I felt my eyes fill with tears as my heart swelled.

"I'm so in love with you", He breathed out, and the guests smiled. "You are the only one person I can picture spending my life with because if it were anyone else, it wouldn't be right because you were made for me, and I'm so so glad I found you," Nathan said as tears fell down my face and tears also came to his eyes.

I swallowed and bit my lip, trying to control myself. Rosie was crying, as were most of the guests; Lillian was crying as she smiled at us.

"Now, Grace, we will hear from you," The vicar said, and I nodded.

I closed my eyes before looking at Nathan.

"Um, Nathan, you are my everything. You saved me, and I know that people say that all the time, but I mean it if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here today," I said, and he closed his eyes but smiled at me. "You are my knight in shining armour, and I love you with every fibre of my being, and I promise to love you for the rest of my life."

He beamed at me as a tear fell from his eye. "Everything that happens now will just add to how perfect my life is now that I found you, and I'm going to spend my life with you."

Lillian took a handkerchief from Mark as she wiped her eyes from tears.

"Nathan, do you take Grace to be your lawful wedded wife?" The vicar asked Nathan, and my stomach flooded with butterflies.

He squeezes my hand, reassuring me, "I do."

I let out a breath of relief; I grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

Nathan slid on my ring. It was amazing. It fit in so well with the engagement ring with the matching blue band and diamond, with 'Reader, I married him' engraved on the inside of the band.

"Grace, Do you take Nathan to be your lawful wedded husband?"

My heart was on cloud nine as I was about to finalise the happy ending.

"I do," I said, and Rosie cheered with Amy making me chuckle. I slid on Nathan's ring with the same blue band as mine with the same diamond.

The vicar smiled at me. "You may now kiss your bride."

I squealed lightly as the guest clapped; Nathan kissed me softly with passion and love. I took hold of his suit jacket and pulled him closer, kissing him.

The clapping got louder, and I pulled away, resting my head on his.

"I love you," I said to him.

"I love you," He told me, and I smile, kissing him.

"I'm married!" I cheered with Amy and Rosie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 93.2K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...
13.9K 182 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
666 40 8
Caught in the aftermatch of a failed romance with her boss, Emily is almost relieved when covid lockdown urges most of the staff to work from home. N...
1.5M 42.9K 48
After witnessing the murder of her mother and constantly being abused by her own father, Lily's life is a cycle of never ending torture. With her fa...