Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie

143K 2.8K 182
By TaraLDeclan

Chapter Forty-Eight

Payton’s POV

            The phone slips from my hand and crashes onto the roof. My heart stops and I cannot think. I cannot move. I cannot function at all. My body is frozen in place. I feel like everything thing has changed. Hope burns bright inside of me and I cannot believe it. I have waited for so long and to be honest I was starting to lose hope in her waking. But she did! She is! Why am I just standing here? I ask myself.

            “Payton! What’s wrong?” Reece’s panic filled voice says and I look up at his moving figure through my tear clouded eyes.

            “It’s Lila,” I say with a smile allowing a few tears to skate down my cheeks. I am so very happy that I cannot believe it.

            “Is she okay? Please tell me she’s okay?” Reece says seeming really worried. I wonder why he is so worried is it for I will be ok.

            “She’s awake,” I say still in surprise, because I was honestly not expecting this.

            “What?! That’s great Payton! What are we still doing here?” he says really in a upbeat tone and I watch as he gets closer to me.

            “How will we get there?” I ask in confusion as my brain finally starts working. Rider brings him to me and he reaches out finding my hand.

            “I had Conner drop my car off her so Carter didn’t have to stay. I thought you could drive it. So let’s go,” he says in his caring tone and I nod.

            “Thank you so much!” I say happily as I take his hand not on Rider’s harness and lead him to the elevator. My being shocked quickly turns into excitement. I am so excited and nervous that I cannot sit still. We make our way out to his sports car and all cram inside. I start the car revving the engine.

             All my mind thinks about as I speed down the road on my way to the hospital, for sure breaking tons of speeding laws, is Lila. I want get there in time! Finally I will get to see her sparkling eyes shining up at me. I get to see life return to her lifeless body! With that thought I speed up, it’s a good thing that Reece can’t see he may have been flipping out if he seen how fast I was driving his car. At this moment, however, I could care less.

            Before I know it I am at the hospital dragging Reece and Rider inside with me. May looks up from her spot behind the desk and is stunned for a moment and quickly recovers. I really am not paying attention to anything as I make it to the doors beside the desk. She appears in front of me and the door and gives me a light happy smile.

            “Come on, Payton,” she says leading me through the doors. Reece and Rider come ago, mainly because I refuse to release his hand. His hand is the only thing keeping me from floating away in excitement and joy.

            She leads us through the halls and Lila’s room. “She’s inside. Your mom is on her way. You can go ahead in,” May tells me as she places her hand lightly on my shoulder.

            “May,” I choke out holding back my tears of joy. She raises an eyebrow to me as if to ask what. “How did she wake up?” I ask wanting, no, needing to know the answer.

            “Sometimes Payton people just wake up. Sometimes it’s after years, others days. Something in there brain and body just changes and switches on. These are the miracles of life. She is extremely weak and there are no promises of the future, if she survives, but right now she has woken up and seems ok besides worn out,” May says to me with a gentle voice and Reece squeezes my hand.

            “Thank you May,” I say softly. I open the door and push the door opening walking carefully into the room a little afraid to see her.

            “It’ll be ok,” Reece whispers to me comforting.

            We walk completely inside and I look to the bed seeing the frail body of my baby sister laying there. My heart drops as I see her eyes shut. Please don’t let her be gone again, I beg as I lead Reece to the couch and place his hand on it. “Have a seat,” I say to him softly and look back over to the bed.

            Suddenly her eyes pop open and the brown/blue eyes shine bright as she slowly moves her head to look at me. “Pay?” her voice asks weak and soft but I know it’s hers.

            “Lila!” I say in a voice full of shock. I fight back the tears that threaten to break the barrier of my eyes. Walking to her I wrap my arms gently around her and hold her tight. “I am so glad you’re awake. I missed you so much! I was so worried! I love you Lila,” I say to her as I feel her small hands hold onto my waist.

            “I love you too, Pay,” she says using her nickname for me causing me to smile. It means so much to hear her say that.

            I pull away and sit on the edge of the bed with my hand in hers and I cannot fight the large smile that is planted onto my face. My sister is awake and Reece promised to spend forever by my side. At the thought of Reece I look up to find him and Rider on the couch. It was so cute. Reece’s head was bent down and his long hair fell lightly into his face. Rider has his front paws and head on Reece’s legs and Reece is casually stroking Riders head. All in all they looked so adorable together. A cute smile is resting upon Reece’s face and it’s the one of my favorite smiles he has and it’s a rare one. Just a causal permanent cute, happy smile.

            “Who’s he?” Lila’s weak little voice asks and it breaks me from my glaze on Reece.

            I look down at her thin face and her eyes are so a live and shining. She may still be weak, but I can still see it in her eyes, the fire inside her is burning strong, with the desire to live. The thought of that makes me happy.

            “That’s my boyfriend Reece Collins,” I say to her as I look down at her and give her a smile.

            “Boyfriend? I really have been out a while,” she says slowly in her weak voice and I smile at her shaking my head.

            “Yeah boyfriend and you have. Please don’t do that again,” I beg her even though I know she cannot control it.

            “The doctor told me how long I was out and all,” she says simply. “I’ll try my best to not do it again,” she tells me with a small smile. I shake my head.

            “Thank you,” I tell her and I lean down, gently kiss her pale fore head right below where they have a pink bandana tied over her little balled head.

            “Can I meet him?” she asks me with her same weak voice. I glance over at Reece who is still sitting with his head down as he strokes Rider’s head.

            “Sure,” I say as I stand up slowly and release my hold on my baby sister’s hand. Walking to Reece I stop in front of him and he lifts his head up and I stare down into his sparkling blue shining orbs. “Care to meet her?” I ask nervously as I fidget in front of him. I’m not really sure how he’ll handle meeting her.

            “Sure,” he says with his sweet cheeky smile. Gently he moves Rider and rises up. I smile as he runs his hand through his hair and I catch it as he places it back to his side.

            Squeezing tightly to the hand of my wonderful boyfriend I lead over to my little ten year old sister who is lying weak, and broken in her bed. As we reach her bed side her bright eyes stare up at Reece in amazement. “Reece, this is my little sister, Delilah and Lila this is my boyfriend Reece,” I introduce them and Lila’s eyes seem to shimmer like she is impressed.

            “Hi there,” Lila says weakly and I smile at her as Reece looks down at where her voice is coming from.

            “Hi cutie,” Reece says with his friendly smile and I smile at how he called her cutie in an older brother kind of way. I know for a fact that that probably made Lila’s life since she has had such low self-esteem since her hair fell out and she lost a whole lot of weight.  I know Reece knows about her dramatic change in appearance and could probably guess that she would have low self-esteem seeing as he does have two little sisters.

            “You have really pretty eyes,” Lila says as she stares into his trapping blue eyes.

            “Thank you,” he says to her kindly, still with that award winning smile.

            “How’d you get a dog in here?” she asks him or us I guess, slowly, as she points towards Rider sitting at Reece’s feet.

            I watch as Reece’s body stiffens at her question so I squeeze onto his hand and he visually relaxes. “I’m blind,” he says simply fighting to keep a smile upon his face.

            “Oh,” she says slowly and looks at me questioning. I shake my head at her signaling not now. “That’s cool,” she says smiling happily and I can tell that she is seriously finding it cool. Maybe because she feels like he may understand her, or it’s her just being her.

            “Cool?” Reece asks shock as if he cannot believe that those words just left her mouth.

            “Yeah cool,” s he confirms with a smile and I shake my head at her.

            Reece goes to reply, but is cut off by the sound of the door opening and a set of feet rushing inside. I look up and am greeted by my mom, her eyes teary and full of excitement. “Lila!” she calls as she rushes to my sister’s side and I tug Reece back.

            “Mom,” Lila says with a smile.

            I know right now they needed to bond and mom doesn’t need to meet Reece at this second, she is busy. So I tug Reece to the door, “come on,” I say as I pull him with me. “We are going to see Ms. Rose,” I call over my shoulder and walk out leading Reece and Rider along with me as we make our way to the one person outside of my family and the Collins family who is like my best friend. As I sit her I refuse to revile anything to anyone. We make our way to Ms. Rosa’s room and as soon as I reach the door Reece stops me and gives me a slow, perfect kiss.

            “I’m ready,” he says nodding his head smiling and kisses my forehead quickly smiling.

Hey guys!!:D A couple  things here.

One: I would like to wish a very happy Birthday to @
SabinaUlonen

This is for you!! Thanks you very much for worrying and caring about me and checking on me!!

Two: PLEASE DO NOT SAY IT'S SHOTRT!! I DO REALIZE THIS!!!!  I have been really sick, but felt like you guys deserve more so here it is. I am sorry I'm just really sick.

Three: I have been really sick.

Four: For the many asking! This is NOT the end! No where near the end!!! The is just getting good!!!:D

You still have whole bunch coming!!!

Five: I am offering three fans a chance to talk to me on Skype, before decide on how to do this who would actually like to do this!!

Six: I hate coughing.

I am really tired!! I AM GOING GO BED!!!

Thank you all so much it means the world to me!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 31 18
The first time I saw Saxton Crawford we were in high school. He was the football star and I was just another invisible teenage girl. Now, he is a fam...
14.3K 565 39
Gosh, I'm so pathetic. I feel like I relate everything happening to me, back to Cody. It's probably because he and I were always together. But I real...
487K 9.9K 47
Sequel to This Time I'll Hang, Close the Door. Summer Quinn has been through a lot. There's been secrets, lies, changes, and promises. Finally some...
499K 16.7K 47
Y/N Y/L/N, she is a nerd and everybody treats her like she's invisible. She hates high school and she kept begging her mom if she could be homeschool...