Emanet

Av wittypenart

One night. One horrific incident. That's all it took to change the course of life for them. Hurts, lies and... Mer

|Characters and Aesthetics|
|Prologue|:
|01|: Brother/بھائی
|02|: Women/خواتین
|03|: Threat/دھمکی
|04|:Attack/ حملہ
|05|: Mourn/سوگ
|06|: Altered/ تبدیل
|07|: Guilt/شرمندگی
|08|: Silence/خاموشی
|09|: Terror/دہشت
|10|: Motherly/شفيق
|11|: Stalker/شکاری
|12|: Marriage/شادی
|13|: Photographs/تصاویر
|14|: Rumour/افواہ
|15|: Refusal/اِنکار
|16|: Intruder/دخل انداز
|17|: Nikkah/نکاح
|18|: Calamity/وبال
|19|: Dawn/صبح
|20|: Brut/تلخ
|21|: Serenity/اطمینان
|22|: Bargain/سودا
|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت
|24|: Stranger/اجنبی
|25|: Negligence/غفلت
|26|: Gift/تحفہ
|27|: Wounded/زخمی
|28|: Care/خیال
|29|: Upset/ناراضگی
|30|: Close/قریب
|31|: Shopping/خریداری
|32|: Event/تقریب
|33|: Fear/خوف
|35|: Game/کھیل
|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش
|37|: Disturbance/خلل
|38|: Family/خاندان
|39|: Kidnapped/اغواء
|40|: Wrath/غصہ
|41|: Identity/شناخت
|42|: Deal/سودا
|43|: Agony/اذیت
|44|: Wait/اِنتظار
|45|: Tranquility/قرار
|46|: Reunion/ملاپ
|47|: Justice/اِنصاف
|48|: Mehndi/مہندی
|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی
|Epilogue|:

|34|: Truth/سچ

2.1K 109 6
Av wittypenart

میں خوابوں کو جينے والی لڑکی
مُجھے حقیقتوں نے رُلا دیا۔۔۔۔۔

A strangled groan released from Subhan's lips before his eyes opened. The sky was still dark. It was the start of the winter days. He looked at the time, finding that only an hour passed before he last slept after praying his Salah. His eyes darted to the weight on his shoulder where his wife laid. Her back faced him as she snuggled into the comfy blankets. Her hair were lying carelessly on the pillow and he moved forward to tuck them. She looked peaceful. There weren't any creases between her eyebrows. It looked like she was in a deep slumber. He felt relieved at the thought. It's been almost a week since the last incident in the porch. She was terrified after that. She didn't talk the entire night. And when she finally slept, she woke up panting and crying as her nightmares chased her. He was there to catch her though, he stayed awake every night to help through the terror episodes. He placed his lips on her temples and let them stay there for a moment drinking in her softness and warmth. She stirred a little and then snuggled in his chest, plastering her back to his front.

He gathered her in his arms and stared at her. There was definitely something she was hiding. It's related to her past for sure. There's must be a reason she ran from her home. No girl would take that step for nothing. Is there some other man? The thought was bitter, creating an unsettling feeling in his heart. But then he shrugged it because why would she marry him then. She would have ran away with him. But she was alone. Neither did she ever talk about any other relative except for Bua Ji. Then what else?

"What are you hiding Safa?"

He muttered the question. Placing one last kiss on her forehead, he snuggled in her hair and tried to go back to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~

He descended the stairs after getting ready for the day. As usual, his wife was not in the room. She's been avoiding him this past week. She's not upset, but she's not being her with him. She's silent. She's scared and she's definitely not his Safa.

His Safa smiles like the sun.
Her eyes are bright seeming like they are speaking to you.
Her heart is kind and loving.

But the woman she's become in this past week is only a shadow of what she used to be. That upsets him. To see her light fading away. To see her sad and scared.

He heard whisperings from the kitchen and he walked to it to find his wife engrossed in a conversation with Mehreen. At least, she's speaking. He coughed to gain their attention and her eyes instantly darted to him. She didn't smile at him and that pierced his heart.

"Can I get a coffee?"

He asked while sitting on the stool. Mehreen nodded, but he told

"Safa please get me a cup."

He saw as she stared at him for a while and then nodded. He noticed that she wanted him to ask Mehreen. She turned her back to him and started the coffee machine. Mehreen looked at her brother finding it odd to see them interact that way. He nudged her to leave them alone and she compiled giving them privacy. He stood up from his place and walked to her. She was still acting indifferently, but from the stiffness of her shoulders, he knew she was aware of him. He caged her in his arms, plastering his chest to her back. Her hand stopped momentarily while he sat his face in her neck taking hold of the coffee. She wasn't moving. He brewed the coffee and glanced in her direction to see a tear escaping. Immediately, he embraced her. Coffee long forgotten.

"What happened, Safa?" She didn't say anything. Just tightened her arms around him. He held her. Like all the time he has.

"You're going to tell me what's wrong. Share whatever that is." She only sniffed and after a long moment of silence, she pushed her face from his chest and looked him in the eye.

"Tonight. I'll tell you." He nodded allowing her to take her time. She wiped her face and handed him the coffee cup. He took it while taking hold of her hand and walked to the bar stool where he asked her

"Have you eaten anything?" She nodded. But he still didn't let go and said

"Stay with me."

He was afraid she'll reject, but she sat down while he drinks his coffee. She stayed silent and deep in thoughts. He didn't interrupt her. After finishing his coffee, he took the empty cup to the sink and gathered his coat. He left after placing a small peck on his wife's head.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Inspector Rafay called. He has found evidence."

As soon as the words escaped Altamash's lips, Subhan darted from his chair. Finally, the news he's been waiting for. Together he and Altamash went to the police station where indeed Rafay was waiting for them. Subhan nodded at him and then asked

"Where's the evidence?"

Rafay took out a small piece of plastic and showed it to them. Examining it, he found a ring. It was a delicate stone ring.

"This was found from your brother's car. It was taken as evidence, but none paid any attention. We believe someone else was with him. A woman to be exact."

Frowning, Subhan asked

"But who? Bhai left alone that night. Bhabhi was with us at home."

Rafay shrugged and said

"Maybe he was with other woman."

Subhan's hard eyes collided with Rafay's suspicious one and he barked

"Don't forget who you're talking about."

Fisting the ring, he asked

"Have you find anything else?" Rafay nodded and showed him the CCTV footage from the Islamabad incident.

"This guy on your left. We've found him. We're keeping tabs on him to see if he's working for anyone."

He nodded satisfied with everything.

"That's all we have right now. I'll let you know when we find anything else."

He nodded and then shake his hand.

"It's nice to see you have chosen the right side."

Rafay nodded as he knew the upper sources were corrupt.

Both the men came out the police station and he sighed.

"Don't worry. We'll find your brother's killer."

Patting the back of his best friend, Altamash provided his support. Nodding, Subhan and him sat inside the car and drove to the office.
~~~~~~~~~

Safa stared at the window waiting for her husband to arrive. It was late. Everybody was either asleep or confined to their rooms. She was clad in a black chaddar. Tonight she'll finally reveal why she ran from her home. Why was this step necessary. Why she took it in the first place. Everything. She'll tell him so that the nightmares can rest. So that the demons can finally leave her alone. So she'll live. A distant tires screech got her attention and she glanced at it. Seeing her husband getting out of the car caused instant relief to wash over her. She turned to the door and see as it opened, revealing her husband.

His sleeves were rolled up and he looked exhausted. She felt guilty and almost decided not to burden him more with her baggage. She asked

"Should I set the dinner?" He shook his head and looked at her. She looked small standing there while wrapping the shawl tightly around her.

"I'll get fresh okay."

His words were soft like a lullaby. Putting her at ease and comfort. She knew he was giving her time and space and she appreciates it more than anything. She heaved a sigh when he went to the washroom and took seat on the bed. Her heart was palpitating at a higher speed. She was nervous and scared and no words can bring her comfort. She heard the click of the door and she braced herself. Slowly, his movements reached her and he sat directly in front of her. Placing his hand on hers, he assured

"You can change your mind, Pheonix. Take your time. I'm here."

She felt emotional listening to him and that was all she needed

"My father died when I was sixteen. It was a road accident. A truck hit him and he didn't survive."

He squeezed her hand, giving her his support.

"My mother took care of us. Me and my brother. He's four years older than me. After Baba, he took it upon his shoulders to take care of us. He left his studies and started to look for a job when some business man hired him."

Bile formed in her throat, but she ignored it and continued

"He came to dinner once. He was fifty around something. But something about him...feel odd to me. He was being way too nice to us. From giving my brother a position of a qualified person and taking care of our household expanse. But one can't be so kind right. I learnt it the hard way."

Subhan scooted closer to her not liking where the conversation was going. He gripped both of her hands which were shaking.

"He was a business man. Of course, he'll always need something else in return. It started as small stares and comments about my attire, but it increased gradually. He started to come to.....come to my rooms at night....or when I was alone at home."

Anger like no other, guarded Subhan's entire form as he listened to her. His palms formed in tight fists, but he didn't interrupt her.

"One day....I was working in the kitchen when I felt...him....his hands on my back....I reacted straight away and stabbed his hand. My brother came due to my shouting and a brawl broke out between the two. He beat my brother to a pulp..he spend days in hospital. Ammi was scared and asked him to leave us alone. But he was adamant on getting something in return."

She stopped as tears left her eyes. He scoot more closer until she was in his lap and he was running hands through her hair. He braced himself for the next words

"An alliance was arranged. Between me and him. He wanted me as a payment for all the kindness he's done. My mother never wanted it, but we had no option. But the night before the Nikkah, I heard him talking about his first wife. Apparently he killed her and that was enough to shake me to the core. I ran away that night. I bought ticket and came to Karachi where your brother found me."

She glanced at him where she saw a distant expression on his face. His jaw was so hardly clenched, she feared it would break.

"I wanted to stay hidden that's why your brother took me to Bua Ji. I requested him to find out about my family and they were okay. That man vanished in thin air days after I ran. I was at peace, but shame and guilt ate me alive. I degraded my brother's pride. I bought shame to my family. I couldn't go back, so I stayed here."

She took a deep breath and said

"I think he's back. There are moments where I can feel him. Watching me from a distance. Keeping his dirty eyes on me. I don't want to go back. Not to that monster. Please don't let him take me. I can't survive."

She said while placing her head on his chest.

"You won't go back to him, Safa. You'll stay here with me. Where you belong. I'm not letting you go anywhere."

He said while gazing into her eyes. Slowly, he placed his lips on her silencing her whimpers. Placing his hand on the nape of her neck, he pulled her closer. His kiss was soft. Like he didn't want to hurt her. Pulling away after some moments, he gazed into her dark eyes.

"Relax. You're safe with me."

She only placed her head on his chest while he wrapped her form in his arms.

"What's his name, Safa?"

His voice was predatory. Like he was the hunter looking for his prey. She contemplated for a few moments, before she said

"Pasha. They call him Pasha."

A dark look covered his features upon hearing the name.

Get ready Pasha. Count your days!
•••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's an update. I know it's not the chapter everyone's waiting for, but this story will come to an end this month.
Enjoy.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

337K 17.1K 27
☀︎︎𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈☀︎︎ #3 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒎 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒖 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊 #12 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 #20 𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒂𝒌�...
5.1K 257 12
"Qubool hai" I stammered as I signed away my fate, tears streaming down my face. "Haider Khan wald Hamza Khan, aapko nikkah Ayat Qureshi bin te Abdul...
26.3K 1.2K 32
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...
280K 11.9K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...