The Amazing Spider-Luz (Owl H...

By Emperor_Drakkon

17 year old Luz Noceda had a life she loved. A family, friends, and a hometown she could always find out some... More

Issue 1: Humble Beginnings
Issue 2: Fantasy and Reality
Issue 3: Mystic Mutation
Issue 4: The Strangest Things
Issue 5: With Great Power
Issue 6: Comes Great Responsibility
Issue 7: Spider-Witch
Issue 8: Say My Name
Issue 9: The Golden Goblin
Issue 10: Not So Secret Identity
Issue 11: Good As Gold
Issue 12: On The Hunt
Issue 13: Friendly Neighborhood
Issue 14: Witch Hunter
Issue 15: End Of The Hunt
Issue 16: Sittin' On A Tree
Issue 17: Second Rate
Issue 18: What Makes A Hero
Issue 19: Mysterious Mystery
Issue 20: Lights Out
Issue 21: Warhammer
Issue 22: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Issue 23: Sticks and Stones
Issue 25: Confident Confidence
Issue 26: Predator and Prey
Issue 27: Bitterness
Issue 28: The Blight of My Life
Issue 29: Grom Night
Issue 30: Break-Up
Special: The Amazing Spider-Anne
Issue 31: Intervention
Issue 32: Lumity
Issue 33: The Iron Owl
Issue 34: Magically Magical Magic
Issue 35: Death of The Golden Goblin
Issue 36: The Owl and The Spider
Issue 37: Rise of Scorn
Issue 38: Supersuit
Issue 39: Team-Up
Issue 40: The Sinister Six
Issue 41: Philip Wittebane
Issue 42: Heart Of Iron
Issue 43: The Boiling Isles
Issue 44: Titan
The End
Unknown Transmission (Teaser)
The Owl-Verse

Issue 24: Breaking News

595 27 11
By Emperor_Drakkon

(Happy Halloween!!!)

"You sure you're not too bothered by what that guy said yesterday?" Vee asked over the com.

Spider-Witch shrugged as she swung around on another beautiful day in Gravesfield City. "I'm gonna get haters! Everyone does! But this isn't for praise! It's about doing what's right!"

"...your feelings are still hurt, aren't they?"

"N-not the point." Spider-Witch said as she let herself fall for a little bit before shooting a web and launching herself into the air.

Vee chuckled a bit. "If it means anything? Me and Amity can both agree they were dead wrong. Speaking of, didn't you get her number?"

Spider-Witch's eyes widened before laughing. "Did you ever doubt me? I think I'm quite the lady killer!"

"Sure, sis. Keep telling yourself that." Vee snorted.

Spider-Witch grinned before she swung herself into the center of the city, but she quickly noticed something strange. One of the large billboards that acted like a TV was...glitching out.

She landed on the side of a building and squinted her eyes, seeing a crowd of people staring up at it in confusion...except for one. He was further ahead the rest, wearing dark clothing and a hood over his head, placing his hand against the building that led to the electronic billboard.

Spider-Witch hummed. "I think something's going on, 5."

"Describe it." Vee said as she sounded like she was typing over the com.

"One of those electronic billboard things are glitching out...and there's a somewhat suspicious guy in the front." Spider-Witch said.

Vee hummed before she managed to access some pieces of footage. "Yup, some live footage is out...hey, some people are filming the suspicious guy- Wait, is he glowing!?!"

Spider-Witch quickly looked down and squinted her eyes again as she saw that the hooded man was indeed glowing. So, she quickly leapt into action, swinging down and then landing in front of the crowd of people, who all began gasping, cheering, and taking pictures.

She then stood up, ignoring the people behind her as she crossed her arms. "Sir? You good? You're kinda copying a firefly right now..."

The hooded man was silent for a moment before turning his head. His hand, still against the wall, suddenly began glowing brighter and brighter as sparks of energy began flowing from his fingertips.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened as her Spider-Sense went off right after. She then looked up and saw the billboard starting to spark as well.

"YOU..." The hooded man suddenly growled as he took his hand off the building and pointed it at Spider-Witch, suddenly shooting a large string of electrical energy.

It hit Spider-Witch before she could even think about making her body dodge. She cried out in pain as she was sent flying into the crowd, sliding across the cement of the floor.

The crowd quickly began screaming in terror as they all ran away, with some of them dumb enough to keep filming as they ran.

Spider-Witch groaned as she held her chest, slowly sitting up as she heard Vee's communication device starting to glitch again. "5...? 5...? You there...?"

Then, her Spider-Sense went off again and Spider-Witch quickly leapt into the air as she just barely dodged another blast of electricity.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!!" The hooded man boomed, his voice having an echoey effect which only made him sound more demonic.

Spider-Witch then landed across from the man, her eyes wide. This new villain spoke like...he knew her. "What? I don't even know you!"

"LOOK AT ME, SPIDER-WITCH!!!" The man screamed as he threw off his hood, revealing his face. It was humanoid, but glowing purple with pupil-less eyes. He had sharp teeth, and his overall face was almost...skeletal. "DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CAN'T REMEMBER!!!"

Spider-Witch's eyes widened in horror and she stood up. "S-sir, I-I don't know what happened to you or how you think you know me, but let me-"

"DO WHAT? MAKE ME WORSE!?!?" The man boomed as he began screaming electricity, which Spider-Witch quickly dodged again, swinging behind him.

"Please!!! Just calm down! Let me help you!!!" Spider-Witch cried.

"HELP!?" The man cried as he shot his hand out, blasting electricity again and again at Spider-Witch. But, he looked like he wasn't even controlling it. His clothes were even burning from the massive amounts of electricity surrounding his body. "YOU DIDN'T HELP ME!!! YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!"

Spider-Witch just kept dodging the blasts, doing all kinds of flips and swings to avoid the strikes. She then shot out her own hand, webbing the man's hand together. "No!!! I wouldn't do this to someone!!!"

The man suddenly began cackling, but the laugh was more desperate than deranged. "What did I expect!? You're covering up! YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE TRUTH!!! I WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU!!!" He screamed as he blasted the webs off him.

Suddenly, he began hovering off the ground as bolts of electricity began lifting him into the air. The man looked too furious to even notice and he lunged himself at Spider-Witch, shooting two blasts of electricity at her.

Spider-Witch tried to dodge again, but the blasts combined just zig-zagged and hit her, shooting her right out of the air. And before she could get up, she was blasted again. Spider-Witch couldn't help but scream in agony.

The man then landed, stumbling a little before standing up straight. "You saw my reports...I know you did, you demonspawn!!! You came over last night and kidnapped me, forcing my mouth shut so no one could hear me shriek!" He exclaimed, the electricity continuing to spark across his body, especially his hands. "You brought me to whatever Hell you came from and did THIS to me!!! LOOK AT ME!!!"

Spider-Witch's body was shaking as she forced herself to get up, still looking at the ground.

"I SAID LOOK AT ME!!!" The man screamed as he blasted at Spider-Witch again, only receiving more screams of pain as a response. "WHY...WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!?! DID YOU WANT ANOTHER VILLAIN TO JUST BEAT SENSELESS?! TO LOOK GOOD!?!?"

He then stomped over, grabbing Spider-Witch by her cloak and lifting her to his face. "MY FAMILY WON'T EVER LOOK AT ME WITH A FACE LIKE THIS!!! EVERYONE WILL THINK I'M SOME FREAK LIKE YOU!!!"

Spider-Witch coughed as she looked at the man, her vision starting to get blurry. "P...please...let me...h-help..."

The man snarled, his face starting to spark with electricity again. "You're a good actor...I'll give you that...or you really thought so little of me that you don't even remember!!! Owen O'Brien isn't worth remembering to Spider-Witch!!!"

Spider-Witch's eyes widened in horror as she looked at the man. The man who had spoken so harshly about her just the other day. "Y...you? I...I did...this to you...?"

"YES!!!" Owen boomed, grabbing her neck. "YOU REMEMBER NOW?!? YOU TOOK ME FROM MY HOME AND TURNED ME INTO THIS MONSTER!!! I CAN'T HIDE BEHIND A MASK LIKE YOU!!!"

Spider-Witch choked, grabbing his wrist as she struggled to process everything. The pain surging through her body or the reveal that her new villain was the one she wanted to pummel yesterday.

...and he was saying she did this to him? But, she was asleep. She couldn't have done anything to him.

Owen then lifted his other hand, struggling for a moment before he finally began preparing a blast. "BUT NOW...NOW I'M AT LEAST GOING TO RID THE WORLD OF YOU!!!"

"...l...let...go...!" Spider-Witch choked.

Owen snarled. "YOU REALLY THINK I'D LET YOU GO AFTER-"

Suddenly, Owen felt black tendrils wrap around his waist and hand. His eyes widened in horror before he looked back at Spider-Witch.

"LET...GO!!!" Spider-Witch screamed as the tendrils pushed Owen away from her. She landed on her feet as the tendrils slowly retracted back into her suit.

Owen landed on the ground, but quickly shot back up and screamed as he blasted electricity once again, starting to get the hang of his powers.

But, Spider-Witch's cloak suddenly increased in size and wrapped itself around her, almost like a protective shield as the electricity began to absorb into her cloak.

Owen just kept screaming as he increased the strength of his blasts, even shooting out electricity from his mouth again.

But, Spider-Witch was well protected...in fact, she started to feel the same sense of adrenaline when she first got her new black suit. She smirked under her mask as she emerged from her cloak, webbing Owen's face and pulling herself over to him, quickly punching him across the face.

"You're a reporter, right? Then, here's a headline!!! Spider-Witch really hates getting shocked!!!" She cried as she began punching and kicking at Owen.

She then backflipped, shooting out her hand to shoot a web, but instead, another tendril came out and wrapped around Owen, slamming him against the ground.

Owen groaned in pain and shot out his hand, only for it to get webbed to the ground again.

"It's a bit bland, I know! But you can edit it in prison!" Spider-Witch said as she walked over to him, the tendril retracting into her suit again.

Owen shot out his other hand...but nothing came out. He had stopped glowing and his eyes now had pupils in them again. Owen's breath started to quicken as he kept shooting out his hand, desperate for another blast of electricity.

Spider-Witch placed her hands on her hips. "Guess you're outta juice, Oracle." She then giggled. "Like the name? It's based off of your little website."

Owen or rather, Oracle's eyes twitched and he lunged at Spider-Witch, tackling her. His voice even sounded normal again. "A joke!?!? You're making a joke after what you did to me!?!"

"No, I'm making a joke cause you're delusional and need help from someone much smarter than me!" Spider-Witch said as she kicked him off and back onto the ground.

She then webbed him to the ground, ironically shooting webs as fast as lightning. "I don't know what you thought happened, but it didn't! I don't hurt people and I don't create villains! I help people the best I can!"

"I know what I saw..." Oracle said as he heard police sirens.

Spider-Witch just looked at him. "Then, you might have a bit too much electricity going through that brain." She said, pointing at her own head before swinging away as the police arrived to arrest Oracle for the damage he had caused in the fight.

But, as Spider-Witch swung off, she began to think.

'I couldn't have done that to him! I was asleep! And he needs more help than I can provide...he's...he's not my problem...the city's safe. That's all that matters.

...besides...he deserves it.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1.9K 41
Luz Noceda is a powerful mage. She's a well known hero who serves and protects the city called Bonesborough. No one knows her identity behind the mas...
52K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
3.5K 212 36
At 17 years old Luz decided to run from home she manage to go between realms and ended up on the Boiling Isles. When she decides to stay and help Eda...
1.3K 49 8
Boscha is completely aware of how awful she is. She soon realizes that all her actions came to these consequences. Though that was until Boscha exper...