Sometimes Hate is Enough

Od auroranequam

The story follows the events of the night when Arnav tried to force Khushi into marrying him. Více

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

Chapter 07

4K 221 14
Od auroranequam

Khushi

You have to marry me. Otherwise, I won't let your sister Payal get married to my brother Akash. But why?... Why did you want to marry me? I know there was something between... I mean, we might have gotten comfortable with each other at some point, and I might've fallen for you, but that doesn't explain why you'd want to marry me.

"Khushi..." Jiji called me as I sat on the bed. "Are you listening?"

Yes. I am... You were so different during... the wedding functions and...

"Khushi?"

Arre, what?... Was all that for show? Were you...

I felt myself shaking, then I found Jiji standing in front of me with her hands on my shoulders and a frown on her face.

"What? Why are you shouting?" I asked as I looked up at her, but my mind drifted away. Did you even feel anything, or was all of it just an act?

"Where are you lost?" She asked as she let go of me and crossed her arms over her chest.

"No where. What is it?" I said as I pulled her to sit next to me and turned on my seat to look at her.

She remained quiet for quite some time before looking at me and saying, "Let's go to Lucknow for a few days?" My brows shot at my hairline at her sudden request.

"Suddenly.. why?" I asked as I stared at her while she hesitated to answer and looked down. When I thought she might answer, she sighed instead and fiddled with the end of her off-white dupatta while staring at it intensely. "Jiji?"

"I... I don't know. I just don't want to stay here. I feel stuck. I..." She stopped and looked up at me before adding, "I want to get away from all this for a few days."

I stared at her before patting the top of her hand and nodding.

"Are you going alone?... Or are we also coming?" I asked and tried to make her smile.

"Where will I go without you all?" She said this as she gave a very, very small smile. At least she smiled.

"When do you want to go?" I asked.

"Tonight?..." She answered as she looked at me uncertainly, waiting for my reaction, then added, "...Or as soon as possible?"

I stood up and nodded at her before saying, "Pack your bags. We are leaving tonight for Lucknow."

She almost smiled excitedly, but soon her mouth fell open for a second as a thought crossed over her face, and she said, "Amma, Bua Ji won't agree. And... Babu Ji is also sick. He can't travel by train..." She paused for a minute. "Forget it. I don't want to go."

"Jiji..." I tried.

"I knew about Babu Ji's condition. I... I don't know how I said something like that.... How can I be so selfish?.." Jiji continued talking as she panicked and blamed herself.

I took hold of both her arms and gave her a good shake until she finally stopped and looked up at me with wide eyes and trembling lips.

"We are going. But we won't go by train. So Babu Ji will be fine. Okay?" I looked into her eyes and nodded while assuring her with slightly raised brows. "And you're anything but selfish."

She tilted her head a little on her left as a tear left her eyes.

"No. Don't cry." I brushed her tears as I shook my head and cupped her face before saying, "If you don't like it here... then we won't stay for another day." I paused before forcing myself to give her a big smile and saying cheerfully, "Pack my things too while you're at it. Please?... Thank you."

I let go of her face and exited the room as I heard the sound of her laugh. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it with a heavy sigh.

The last thing I can do for her is make her happy, since I am the reason she's upset and blaming herself.

I closed my eyes and sniffed through my nose before opening my eyes again and straightening up. I then went to look for everyone to announce that we were all going to Lucknow tonight.

*

"But why?... Why can't we go?" I asked as I tailed behind Amma as she walked out of her room to the living room while completely avoiding me and my pleas. "Amma!"

She poured a glass of water before taking it to Babu Ji and making him have his medicines.

I crouched down in front of Babu Ji after Amma went back with the glass and took his hand in mine before saying, "Babu Ji... let's go to Lucknow."

He just stared at me while his lips slightly parted and trembled, but nothing came out. He stared at me for another second before slightly putting his other hand over mine.

My eyes widened at that, and I shouted, "Amma... Babu Ji said yes. He wants to go."

"Khushi... What is this? I already told you we are not going back." Amma yelled back softly from her room. Her voice was both annoyed and tired.

I sighed and stood up before biting on my finger nails. What do I do now?... I already confirmed with Jiji. If I tell her that we aren't going, then she'll... No, no. There's still time. I'll convince everyone. I can do this. I will...

A knock suddenly sounded on the door, and I almost stumbled on my feet with fright. As another knock sounded, I rushed to open the door while fixing my dupatta and found Naina, our neighbor, standing there.

"Arre, Naina!" I exclaimed.

"Where is Bua Ji?" She asked as she stepped inside while I closed the door.

"Jiji is..." I caught myself as I finally realized what she had actually said and turned to face her. "Bua Ji?... Why do you want Bua Ji?"

Her eyes widened a little, but soon she looked away and pushed her hair behind her ear. She's hiding something... Isn't she? I squinted my eyes at her as suspicion took hold of me.

"I... I... had something to do with her." She lied. "But I'm actually here to... to meet Payal." Hai, Devi Maiya, she can't even lie.

"Really?" I took a step closer. "What is it that you had to do with her?"

She looked around everywhere, but not me. Then she gripped the strap of her bag before closing her eyes and shaking her head while saying, "Khushi, don't make me do this. If Bua Ji got to know that I told you... She... She'll actually kill me."

"Who is it, Khushi?" Amma asked from her room.

"No one." I yelled back my answer, then grabbed Naina by her arm before opening the door again, pushing her out, and following. While closing the door, I shared a small look with Babu Ji, then turned back to the matter at hand.

I pointed my forefinger at her while walking towards her and warned, "You better tell me what Bua Ji asked you to do or I'll tell Shanti Bua that you have a boyfriend."

Her eyes widened at that, then she made a face and groaned loudly, like I was doing some injustice to her. I might be, but...

"I came this morning to pick up everything that I was supposed to drop off at Raizada's." She paused. "And when I was loading everything in my car... Bua Ji came to talk to me... about something that I should never, never... Hai, Bhagwan..." She stopped and turned around.

"Should I go t..."

She turned to face me with a frustrated look and raised eyebrows as she continued, "She asked me to do something for her." I nodded for her to continue. "And I did."

"Okay, but what did you do?" I asked as I stared at her with full concentration, my brows knitting.

She took a deep breath and huffed it out before saying, "She'll really kill me this time. She.."

"If you don't tell me right now, I swear to Devi Maiya, I will kill you myself. I really..." I cut in as I found myself out of patience.

She stopped me with a hand and said, "She told me to tell the Raizada's... about your engagement with Shyam."

I stared at her in both disbelief and shock. She did what?...

"She even specifically instructed me to call him Jijaji in front of everyone. And she also gave me this." Jijaji, seriously?...  She showed me a picture of our engagement. I... I don't remember taking any pictur... Bua Ji!

I pressed my fingers over my lips and slowly nodded my head as everything started to make sense.

"That's why she was making laddu that early in the morning. She was planning... And she only told me half of it." I said as I bit on my finger nails. I knew something was going on inside her head. I knew that look. How can I miss it?

"What?"

"Huh?" I looked up at her, as I didn't catch what she said. But I found her already looking at me with a very similar reaction to mine.

She just shook her head before waving me off with a hand and saying, "Just tell her the plan worked. Okay?"

I nodded distractedly as a lot of thoughts started to run through my head as I went back inside while closing the door behind me. Then my eyes fell on Bua Ji, who was coming out of her room. Just the person I was looking for.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

206K 11.1K 43
When one craves for love, the other calls it a sham. If love is everything that Khushi wants, then love is everything that Arnav loathes. If these so...
50.5K 3.3K 27
Arnav and Khushi find themselves married but torn apart by misunderstandings. Arnav's deep-seated hatred for Khushi remains unexplained, while she si...
233K 14.1K 88
This is my first ever SUPERNATURAL story. I just am giving it a try as my readers wanted it. Please ignore it if it is not up to your expectations.
69.6K 3.6K 20
ASR FALLS FOR KHUSHI AT FIRST SIGHT AND WANTS TO MAKE HER HIS. WILL SHE ACCEPT A MAN WHO HATED THE WORD MARRIAGE? WILL DADI WHO TREASURE KHUSHI LET A...