All Bets Are Off

By GirlLuvsHae

Dara's delinquent days in high school is catching up on her as she got fired three times for each job in a ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 7

2.1K 68 9
By GirlLuvsHae

Dara used her finger to look for the title of the book Suzy is asking her to buy on the long row of bookshelves inside the bookstore she went inside to in the mall. It was Monday and already 5 in the afternoon. Mr. Kraz ordered her to buy some school supplies and she grudgingly stood up to do the errand. Suzy then asked her if she could buy a book she had been wanting to get her hands on for so long but just couldn't find the time. Where she's going to find it, she has no idea as Suzy didn't tell what genre that book is. She bet it was Romance.

Bookstores aren't a stranger to her. She had loved reading. She remembered she used to go to any bookstores she could find to read literature and some Journalism articles whenever she doesn't have any classes . But she had forgotten that hobby when she had graduated. Now it's like coming back home.

After finding the book Suzy was looking for and lugging a basket with the school supplies Mr. Kraz wanted her to buy (without even giving her any money), she started to walk on the aisle just looking, browsing some books wondering if she would need to read a book to re-charge her brain. She breathed in the scent suddenly feeling all the stress lifting off her. It's so good to be herself even just for today and wouldn't have to act like a clingy, pathetic, whining girlfriend. She hasn't heard anything from Donghae since last night. Not even a text. She wondered if he was cooking up something. Well, whatever he does, she's going to counter it. She's just relieved to be herself today. Acting is so tiring.

Her eyes caught sight of a book at the top middle shelf with a dark color on its bindings and she reached out for it. A hand settled on top of the book the same time her hand caught the bottom. She didn't let go. But the hand didn't let go either. She looked at the person the hand belonged to and shot a glare. It was a guy in a suit. Tall with milky white skin. A face with a tinge of a feminine feature. His hair on a sideswept fringe making him look more like an anime character.

"Let go," Dara said nudging the book.

"Sorry miss, I really need this," the guy said apologetically holding on to it tight.

"I got it first! Can't you just ask for another one?"

"I already asked and they only got one left and this is it."

"Listen Mr. Cloud," Dara said referencing a character from Final Fantasy. "I got it first, so I will have it first. Anybody ever told you first come first serve?" It doesn't even matter what book this is. She will get it.

The guy looked at him then sighed. He dropped his hand. "Okay. I'm sorry," he apologized then said in a lopsided smile. "I don't usually fight with girls... even argue with them."

Dara took the book. "Good for you." She turned to walk off but the guy came right behind her.

"Any books you might want to recommend?"

Dara looked at him wryly and saw his worried expression. Then he smiled a little. "Sorry, I'm really desperate. My cousin will have her birthday tomorrow and she wanted a book. That book. And this is the only free time I had so I couldn't look for other stores or even have time to search for another one thinking if she might like it. She will bust a vein if I show up on her birthday without anything."

"Are you serious?" Dara said. "Just go and buy her anything else. It's the thought that counts."

"I know but you don't know my cousin. Formidable little brat. So just... any book that you think she will like? I just need a title or an author."

Dara stared at the guy's earnest expression. He must've been such a loser to even go so far as trying to find a litte brat a book for her birthday. She sighed and handed him the book they were hanging on to earlier. "Here."

The guy reluctantly took it. "You sure?"

"Yeah, just look at it as my good deed," she said rolling her eyes. Besides, she doesn't even know if she had enough money with her to buy it.

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" He hurried off to the counter, Dara following close behind, lugging the basket of the supplies and Suzy's book on the counter. The cashier rang off his book and the guy saw her unloading the rim of bond papers, pencils, rulers, pens, carboards, indexes onto the counter.

"You can ring hers too," the guy said to the cashier giving his credit card again.

Dara looked at him. "No, I can pay for these." No that wasn't really true. There's no telling if Mr. Kraz will pay her. She should've kept her mouth shut and her pride down.

"It's okay," the guy said smiling kindly. "Just a... thank you for a good deed." After entering the items and charging it on the guy's credit card, the cashier returned the card to him and he smiled at Dara.

"I'll be going now. Thanks again." He strode off holding the bag where the book is.

What a weird guy. She looked at the cashier who was blushing. "He is so cute," the cashier said putting all her supplies in a bag.

"Yeah," Dara said absentmindedly before lugging the bag out of the store to get back on CSW. When she arrived, the office was immaculately clean of any clutter. Bo took the bag from her and shoved it inside a closet.

"What's happening?"

"A client is going to visit. It'll be huge deal if CSW would be able to sign him on," Bo explained.

"Client?" She sat in her seat when Mr. Kraz walked out of his office clapping to get their attention.

"Get busy team. We don't want anyone thinking we're slacking off. Mei, get me the program for the music show next month. We need to work double time on that. Bo, the sequence of that awards show, I want it on my desk now!" Mr. Kraz barked his orders before going inside his office again and still, Dara couldn't understand what is happening. She turned on Suzy who was seated beside her. Her desk is actually at the front but she opted to sit next to the empty desk beside Dara.

"What the hell is going on?" She whispered.

"Kim Jaejoong is coming to visit. Do you know him? He owns the biggest communication network in all of asia and some parts overseas. If the deal gets done, CSW could go international. So Mr. Kraz is getting all antsy. From what I hear, Kim Jaejoong is rarely in the country so impressing him anytime is impossible. He comes to visit today so it has to be today. Kinda like a now or never kind of thing."

"Okaaay and... what makes Mr. Kraz think impressing him with clean desks will work? Doesn't he know it would make us look like lazy, overpaid, bums? Honestly, I got more brains than him."

Suzy giggled. "He wasn't thinking. Apparently, Kim Jaejoong just arrived from HongKong and decided to drop by at the last minute. When Mr. Kraz got a call from CEO's secretary, he's on a panic mode."

"Ugh, like the whole future of CSW depends on him." Dara rolled her eyes.

It took for about two hours of being silent in the office with only a scratch of a pen being heard and Dara looking out at the blinds seeing it was already dark when there was a commotion outside.

"Oh my god, they're here." Mei went to Mr. Kraz' office to inform him and he went out with a suit and a tie looking neat and everybit of a manager. Dara held her snort. What a fake.

Mr. Kraz went to meet the guests and Dara craned her neck. She saw CEO Siwon and she guessed the other guy obscured by the printings on the glass wall was the Kim Jaejoong. She turned her attention back to the script she was working on about the segment for a morning show. She vaguely heard Mr. Kraz entering their office and introducing the team.

"These are my team. We work on sequencing of a show, scriptwriting of course, and we also work with the team In Filming."

Dara rolled her eyes as Mr. Kraz introduced the team in general, only mentioning the leader and the sub leader. Even Mr. Kraz's voice sound so fake. She had never heard him talk except snarling.

"We also have trainees here. We have three of them."

He called their names and Dara looked up when her name was called and met the eyes of the tall, feminine shaped face guy she met at the bookstore. He looked surprised to see her.

"It's you," he said smiling.

Mr. Kraz's momentarily got flustered as he looked at Dara. Dara froze in her seat. Is she supposed to acknowledge that they met?

"You know Dara?" Siwon asked.

"Yea, I met her at the bookstore earlier," Jaejoong said still smiling at her. "Nice to see you again, Dara." He nodded at her before resuming his walk to visit the other departments. Mr. Kraz walking behind them.

And all hell broke loose.

"You know him?" Suzy squealed quietly.

"He is so cute!"

"So handsome!"

"He is hot!"

"No, I don't know him so stop squealing like little pigs!" Dara said. "I just met him at the bookstore and I didn't know he was some big-shot man around here."

"Why? Did you do anything to him?" Suzy asked suspiciously.

"Now I wish I was the one to buy the supplies," she heard a trainee said.

"No," Dara asnwered Suzy. "Why do you always think that? I did him a good deed. That's why he remembered me. Do you think he would smile at me if I kicked him at a bookstore?" She rolled her eyes. Suzy is always thinking she's always violent.

"Uh... yeah, he would definitely remember you more if you kicked him."

"Well he remembered me more because he saw the kindness of my heart," Dara said glaring at her friend.

When word got around that Kim Jaejoong already left the building with their CEO Choi Siwon, clusters of noise erupted, all wanting to go home. Dara was one of them. After giving Suzy her book, Dara went to the bus stop to go home and sleep. She didn't even have time to think when she hit her bed as she was already snoring.

The next morning was grueling. She received a call from Mr. Kraz to get there early as they are going to shoot an afternoon segment to be aired on the weekend. She should've known they are going to work as a model-employee that day as Kim Jaejoong had watched the filming. She is starting to hate Kim Jaejoong. After several revisions on the scripts, she passed it on to Mei for error-check then sat down near the stool as the director called for order.

She exhaled in a puff. She's been so busy she forgot to wonder why Donghae is going incommunicado the past two days.

"Tired?"

Dara's head turned and saw Jaejoong standing beside her with a smile on his face.

"Uh...no," Dara said trying to remember to regard him with respect.

Jaejoong lifted his hand and offered her a can of coke. Well, she was really thirsty. Who was she to refuse? She took it thanking him before opening the can and taking a big gulp.

"So... did your cousin like the book?" Dara asked awkwardly trying for some small talk.

"I haven't given it to her yet. Tonight's her small party." He smiled at her again. "Thank you again. I just confirmed from my grandmother that it was really the book she wants."

"What was the title of the book again?"

"I really don't remember. Haven't looked at it." Jaejoong looked at her in confusion. "Aren't you wanting to get that book too?"

Dara shrugged. "I don't really know what the hell it is. I just thought it was fun to fight over it."

Jaejoong just looked at her like she was some space alien. Was that the wrong thing to say? But before she could dwell on how her mouth goes off without filter again, he laughed. Dara's mouth lifted at the corners realizing how stupid the reason must've been.

"Your cousin reads a lot?" Dara asked after a moment, now feeling comfortable.

"Only when it's her favorite authors, then there's no bothering her."

"How old is she?"

"23 turning 24 tonight."

"24?" Dara repeated in disbelief. "Sheesh, by the way you were going on I thought she was only 10 or something."

Jaejoong smirked. "Chaerin is a spoiled little brat. And the family loves her. She's the only girl who had graced our entire family so all we treat her like a baby."

Dara nodded suddenly remembering her brother. Back when they were well off, they give him everything he asked. No matter how stupid it is or how useless.

The director called for a break.

"You want to go have coffee?" Jaejoong asked suddenly.

Dara looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Your treat?"

Jajeoong chuckled. "Yes, my treat."

"Lead the way."

They went to the nearest StarBucks and Dara ordered a Capuccino and Jaejoong a Latte. Dara thought they only came here to buy the coffee but Jaejoong went to sit on a chair next to the glass window. Dara sat across from him, glancing at her watch. She's only on a 15 minute break. Mr. Kraz will have her hide if she disappeared for more than 15 minutes no matter if her presence is called for or not.

"It's been so long since I came back here," Jaejoong mused looking out. "It has already been 5 years since the last time I visited. Everything's changed."

"Yeah," Dara agreed wanting to get the conversation over with so they could get back. Did this guy have to pick this time to reminisce?

Jaejoong looked at her. "You sure don't want to eat anything?"

"No, I'm good." Then she added remembering her manners. "Thank you."

Jaejoong just stared outside the glass window again and Dara looked outside too wondering what caught his interest. She could see nothing but parked cars and people walking.

"I'm sorry," Jaejoong said and Dara looked at him. "I'm boring you am i?"

"Yep," Dara said before she could stop herself then she bit her lip looking flabbergasted at her tact. Why does her mouth keep talking!

Jaejoong laughed at her response. "Well, I bored myself too. I really don't know anyone here except Siwon and my cousin. And his friends. And they are all busy so-"

"So you think I wasn't busy?" Dara said testily.

Jaejoong's smile faded. "No... that wasn't what i-"

"Because you were right," Dara said trying to joke her way out of her stupid mouth again and he laughed.

"You're funny, Dara," Jaejoong said smiling. "I think I could use a little bit of funny today."

"Ahhh," Dara said not sure how to continue or better yet, end this conversation so she sipped her coffee.

"How long have you been working in CSW?" Jaejoong asked.

"2 weeks now," Dara answered.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you were a trainee," Jaejoong said. Then he looked at her eanestly. "Anything to dish out on CSW?"

"What do you mean?" Dara said, puzzled.

"Oh you know, the status of Financial Flow in the company? I just want to protect my investment in case I sign on the deal."

Dara sucked in a breath leaving her mouth open. "Are you... you want me to be some kind of a tattle tale on the place I'm working in?" She started to feel her temper rising.

"You'll be fully compensated if you will work for me in the duration of my stay here. I want every piece of information you could find in CSW."

Dara couldn't believe this. She slammed the coffee down on the table. She might be poor but she wasn't that hungry for money. She was anything but a traitor! "I should've kicked your ass in the bookstore! Why you little piece of-"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Jaejoong quickly said putting both his hands in front of him as Dara started to get up from her chair with her hands balled into fists. "That was a joke!"

"What?" Dara said after his words sunk in.

"It was just a joke."

Dara studied him and he looked like he was telling the truth. She sat back down, her eyebrows still creaased.

"Okay, I guess the joke was bad," Jaejoong breathed out.

"Ya think?"

Jaejoong let out a little laugh. "I was trying to be funny."

"Maybe you ought to leave that alone," Dara said wryly, incredulous at this guy's idea of a joke. "Or just leave it alone, period." She shifted in her seat and took a sip of her coffee again to calm herself. "What would you do if I suddenly said yes? Geez, thank god I'm too loyal for my own good."

"I am really bad at all this joking stuff." Then he chuckled. "You really got me scared for a minute there. I thought you're gonna punch me or something."

"Ahaha...." Dara said uncomfortably as she was really close into hitting him earlier. Imagine the disaster it would be if she did and it turned out he was just joking.

"But good job in declining. Siwon did good hiring you," Jaejoong complimented.

"Yeah, he's pretty lucky I applied on CSW. I got fired in my previous job for hitting my boss," Dara said sarcastically and he laughed again. He thinks she was joking. God, what a hopeless man.

"I think you would get along well with Chaerin," Jaejoong said. "She's crazy, you're crazy... you two are a perfect match."

"Crazy?" Dara's smile got wiped off. "Did you just call me crazy?"

He looked at her and his smile faltered at the look on her face. "Uh... I-"

"You have just insulted me," Dara said seriously.

"I... I didn't mean to offend you," Jaejoong said. "It was just-"

"A joke?" Dara said finishing his sentence for him.

Jaejoong is unable to find words. "N...nno... I mean... it wasn't meant to be offensive..."

"Just because you think you're some hotshot around here, you can call people by names?" Dara said fiercely. Jaejoong opened his mouth again but Dara cut her off. "Just because you bought me coffee you think you now have the right to call me names?! Just because I'm a trainee you think you have the right to look down on me?!"

"Okay. That wasn't my intent," Jaejoong said contritely.

Dara sighed and flipped a strand of hair hanging on her face. Seems like her act with Donghae is now coming so naturally to her. "And you are so gullible, it's so painful to watch." She shook her head.

It took a minute before Jaejoong realized she was playing. He laughed. "You're good."

"You need to toughen up, Boss," Dara said rotating her shoulders. "The world is full of insane people. You need to be insane too to keep up."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Dara was already 42 minutes overbreak when they returned to CSW. She ran to the production floor leaving Jaejoong walking when they walked out of the elevator. As Dara suspected, Mr. Kraz and his spit is waiting for her.

"Thank you for gracing us with your presence," Mr. Kraz said sarcastically. The filming already started and he pulled Dara in the corner to berate her. "Might I remind you we only take 15 minutes on a coffee break and lunch starts at 12?"

"I'm sorry," Dara apologized as she doesn't have any other choice.

"You're sorry?! When are you not?" Mr. Kraz said. "You are messing everything up!"

"I wasn't that much needed here anyway," Dara reasoned out. She felt it was logical but it only made Mr. Kraz even more mad.

"Everyone is needed here!" Mr. Kraz said, his vein popping out from trying not to yell at her and disrupting the filming. "A client is here and we are doing everything to show him we are the right company he should sign on and you go off slacking off!"

"I wasn't slacking off!" Or maybe she did, but it wasn't entirely her fault.

"You-"

"I'm sorry, it was my fault."

They both whirled around and saw Jaejoong standing not far behind.

"I asked her to accompany me in getting coffee," Jaejoong told Mr. Kraz. "I didn't notice the time."

Mr. Kraz's face instantly turned into a winning smile and Dara scowled. Pathetic faker!

"Ah, Mr. Kim Jaejoong," Mr. Kraz greeted.

"If there would be an issue of her being late, I would take full responsibility," Jaejoong said.

Mr. Kraz waved his hand dismissively. "Of course not. It's okay. I was just wondering where Dara is. It's not really a problem. Not at all." He bowed his head. "If you'll excuse me..."

Dara watched as Mr. Kraz went over to Mei, her scowl full blown now. She glanced over at Jaejoong who winked at her. She didn't even bother to smooth out her expression when Mr. Kraz looked at her with a smile on his face and beckoned her to come over to them. "Stupid jerk," she muttered before going over to them. Mr. Kraz gave her another list of script to revise with a jovial tone, sounding like a doting boss which Dara had to fight her gag reflex on. She looked up and saw Jaejoong already walking out of the floor.

It was already in the afternoon when Donghae crossed Dara's mind. What the hell happened to him? She fished out her phone and found no missed calls or text messages. She doesn't want to be the one to initiate the first text as she was supposed to be mad at him and he was the one who should try to make peace with her. At least, that was her plan. She rested her chin on her hand while placing the phone at her desk, thinking. This is not good. She's pretty sure he's planning something. She could feel it. Did he gave up on the bet? All the better for her... but she's not done with her revenge yet! And just when she was already having fun! She kinda misses her crazy acting especially on times when she was getting bored. Getting him to do everything she asked and watching his endurance with her whining and crying and complaning and just being plain crazy is amusing enough to pass the time.

She bit her lip before putting the phone back in her pocket. Mr. Kraz is on a meeting with the director so he's not standing vigil on his office door watching all of them. She stood up and went out of their department's room, crossing the hall and getting to the elevator. She pressed the button to get on CEO Siwon's office.

She have to be really tactful if she wanted to know the status on the bet. Or at least the whereabouts of Lee Donghae. She have to be really really careful.

She went to the secretary asking for CEO Siwon. He must've agreed to see her because the secretary let her in after talking to him.

Choi Siwon was sitting behind his wide metal desk looking over some papers when she walked in. She bowed her greeting.

"Hey," Siwon said smiling. "Take a seat."

Dara went over to his desk and seated at the chair in front of it.

"So, what can I do for you?" Siwon asked amiably.

It's kinda weird to see him behind his desk again after laughing with him over dinner two days ago. It's like joking with a friend one night then regarding him with reverence the next day.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... you know, bother you but... I just don't know who to go to anymore..." Dara started.

Siwon's expression turned into concern. "Go on."

"I just... I couldn't get a hold of Donghae... it's like he suddenly disappeared," Dara said. "I don't want to think he was hiding from me because that would be ridiculous but... he wasn't answering my calls or responding to my text messages and..." She shrugged. "I'm getting kinda worried that... he is hiding from me. I just... I don't really believe that he is but... "

Siwon leaned back in her chair biting his cheek thoughtfully. "Why do you think he was hiding from you?"

Dara scratched her forehead looking embarassed. "It's kinda embarassing..." She chuckled then she went on. "He kinda owes me fifty dollars."

Siwon blinked. Whatever he was expecting, it wasn't that. Dara continued. "I know it's just a little money, and yeah, who would believe Lee Donghae would borrow money from someone that's why I'm kinda hesitant to ask but... you know, he borrowed money from me for gas, you know, that night after dinner because his credit card got declined and had called his bank and they said it will take 24 hours to to be reactivated again or something and he doesn't have any cash with him and we're going to get stranded that night so I gave him all that I have. And now... he's gone all... poof!"

Siwon was frozen for a minute before starting to laugh. He rubbed his fingers on his eyes still chuckiing. "Okay, I'll just pay you for it and then hound Donghae to pay me back."

"Oh no!" Dara said shaking her head. "No... that's not really what I'm trying to say and it wouldn't be right. I just want to know if Donghae is alive or something or... if he has been busy that's why he wasn't... you know, talking to me. I just want to know if my fifty dollars is still safe."

"Yes, I think your fifty dollars is still safe," Siwon said grinning. "Donghae had some family members who came in from Paris, two days ago, I believe. They're going to have some family dinner tonight so that must've been why Donghae isn't visible nowadays."

"Oh..." Dara said internally cheering for the information. "Wow, I didn't peg Donghae as some kind of a family-kind-of guy."

"He's very close with his family. It's his cousin's birthday tonight but it's just a small celebration with the family at his grandmother's house. I think he was busy planning the dinner."

"How domestic," Dara couldn't help but quip.

Siwon laughed. "So I think your money is safe and believe me, you'll be seeing him again after his family's get together. No doubt about it."

"That's glad to know," Dara said grinning then standing up. "Thank you so much for your time. I know it's really ridiculous..."

"No problem."

Dara walked to get on the door when Siwon called her. She turned her head wiping off the victory grin on her face in case Siwon can see through it.

"Just... be careful," Siwon said. "Donghae is a nice guy but... he seems pretty full of it sometimes."

"Oh don't worry," Dara said waving her hand good bye and smiling before walking out of the door. "I already know that he's an ass," she muttered.

Now that she knew what Donghae has been up to, she guessed it would be safe to leave him alone for tonight but the idea that popped into her head is too good to be left alone. An opportunity which is too good to pass up. Now the only problem she needs to figure out is where in the world would she find the Lee Matriarch. A girlfriend should meet her boyfriend's parents and family, right? She sniggered. She went back to her department and found it almost empty except for Bo, one other trainee, and Suzy. Who was already packing up.

"You don't happen to know what's Donghae's grandmother's house address, do you?" She asked Suzy who looked at her queerly. "I guess not."

She went back to her desk tapping her fingers for some ideas then she clicked on the internet to search for the address but of course it didn't give any. After a couple of minutes thinking, she searched on the internet again and looked in on The Fishy Ideas. She already called the office before and asked Donghae's unit address, pretending to be a staff from one of Sungmin's restaurant who is about to deliver his meal. The receptionist transferred her to Donghae's secretary who rattled off his unit address. That's when she appeared on Donghae's doorstep that Sunday morning.

She copied the number again before gathering her things, turning off her computer and saying her goodbyes to Bo and the trainee. She sat on the bench waiting for the bus stop and dialled the number for The Fishy ideas hoping this would still work and praying that Donghae's secretary is as accommodating as before. She gotta thank the girl's incompetency.

"Hi, can you transfer me to Lee Donghae's office please?" She asked when the receptionist answered. It took several minutes before her secretary answered.

"Mr. Lee's office."

"Hi... uh..." She couldn't remember the name of the secretary. "Dora? Dory?... Daria?"

"Doris," the secretary corrected.

"Right, Doris," Dara said with her authoritive tone. "I'm Katie, Mr. Kibum's secretary. Can you let us know the exact address of Mrs. Lee's house for a parcel Mr. Donghae had instructed us to deliver for his cousin's birthday?"

Doris paused. "Didn't I already gave it?"

"Unfortunately, it wasn't entered in the system. Procedure entails us to contact the person who wants to deliver the item for the exact address of the person they want to deliver it to. We only have Mr. Donghae's Unit address in The Fortress but we don't have his grandmother's."

Doris didn't speak and Dara crossed her fingers continuuing. "Unless Mr. Lee Donghae wants the parcel be delivered to The Fortress, then there is no problem."

"No," Doris said. "It should be delivered to Mrs. Lee's house." Dara heard the rustle of papers. "Are you ready for the address?"

"Oh, hold on," Dara said rummaging her bag for a paper and pen, grinning broadly. "Go on please."

Doris recited the address and it took Dara enormous effort not to cheer loudly.

"Thank you for your help, Doris," Dara said. "I appreciate it. Have a good night."

She hit the end button and looked at her messy scrawl. "Sorry Donghae, but I'll be meeting your family tonight." She laughed out loud, not caring whether she is laughing by herself before consulting the map and trying to find which bus she should take to get there.

"My dating life is none of your business!"

Donghae tried not laugh as Chaerin, his cousin, the only female member of his entire family with the exception of his mother and grandmother and his aunts, had asserted hotly when Bobby, one of his youngest cousins had stated that Chaerin's boyfriend was nothing but brawn and she should date someone with brains.

They were gathered together in the vast living room of his grandmother's house. All the family are present for Chaerin's birthday who just came in from Paris. He could remember the night when he got home and found Chaerin raiding his fridge for some food before before dragging him off to eat out, ignoring his protests that he already ate. The next morning, she dragged him out to assist her with her shopping. Which took the entire day! Chaerin had kept him so busy that he hasn't had the chance to even enter thoughts of his own. All he had heard are Chaerin's voice buzzing in his ears. Whether it's I'm hungry, I want to buy this, I want to buy that, I'm hungry, I want to buy this, I want to buy that. It was endless. He told her to bother the others but Chaerin simply said he was the only one available to accompany her. And adding some mix of It's my birthday for a little bit of guilt trip.

Now that everyone is gathered, Chaerin is in the middle of the floor, sorrounded by all her guy cousins, when Bobby brought up the subject of her boyfriend and one subject which Jackson fueled on. Now everybody seems to be in on irritating Chaerin, incuding Donghae, trying to get some payback for the last two days she made him her assistant.

"It's my birthday so lay off, little kid," Chaerin said pushing Bobby's head backward while he was smirking and about to open his mouth to start again.

"Where's Jaejoong?"

Donghae looked up as his grandmother tapped him on the shoulder from behind the couch. Donghae shrugged. "Probably still in his office. You know how workaholic he is."

His grandmother nudged Donghae aside to sit next to him. She was in her 80s but she still move so agilely, you'd think she was only in her 60s. "Do you know if he's going to get married this year?"

Donghae groaned. His grandmother's aspiration to see them all married has been going on ever since they stepped on their 25th year. She felt that Donghae and his cousin, Jaejoong, are now too old and should settle down. Last year, she hounded Taecyeon and Minjun. The year before that, she pestered Yunho ,Yoochun, and Junsu. And the year before, it was Jeong Su and Heechul. Which is probably the reason why they skipped Chaerin's birthday, telling her they'll make up for it. There's nothing their grandmother would be more than happy for than them being all at one place at the same time and free to harras them. Seeing that Donghae couldn't get out of the country and Jaejoong had some business with CSW, they are left to endure their Matriarch's endless tailing of their private lovelife. She thinks its her duty to see them all married when his older cousins, Teddy, Sean, Tablo, and Jinu finally tied the knot with their girlfriends 5 years ago.

"How about you? I always read about you dating different girls," his grandmother said. "Anyone who I can meet to be my future granddaughter in law?"

"Grandma, stop!" Donghae said. "If I decided to marry, you'll be the first to know."

"But you're already too old. Your grandfather married me when he was 18."

"That was in the year 1200 or something. I need to call Jaejoong. He's taking waaaay too long to get here. That little shit." Donghae quickly getting his phone out to call him so his grandmother would have someone other than him to pester. Jaejoong is older than him. His grandmother would likely focus her attention more on the older one. He was about to dial when one of the house's security guard announced there was a girl at the front gate asking to see Donghae.

"Who?" Donghae said, his brow creased in puzzlement.

"She said she was your girlfriend, sir," the security responded.

"My what?!" Donghae exclaimed.

"Girlfriend?" His grandmother repeated.

"Girlfriend?" Chaerin said when she heard the security made the announcement. The rest of his cousins snickered.

"Donghae hyung's got a girlfriend?" Mark said smirking.

"Ooooohhh Donghae hyung's got a girlfriend," Hanbin piped in.

Donghae's face froze, his eyes getting round when he remembered Dara. Oh, shit!

h7' PNG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.1K 41
Sandara or Dara is nearing her 30th year. She's the stereotypical never been kissed, no boyfriend since birth, himono-onna. She's brilliant at work...
103 0 9
Hyukjae is a total mess... He is wrecked... He spends his life drinking and getting wasted every night... It was his escape from the painful memory t...
855K 51.9K 46
"Don't worry, Jeon. I won't stoop to your level and stain my hands with your dirty blood." I wanted her to suffer every moment she spent with me. I...
1.1K 47 16
♡- Marisol, an introvert with a free spirited heart has nothing in mind but to achieve her goals and have her future set. Little did she know, that s...