That time I got reincarnated...

By Azatoth14

This story follows the life of rimuru tempest but his past life will be different. After dying fighting for h... More

CH-1 Death
CH-2 Reincarnation
CH-3 Storm Dragon Veldora
CH-4 Dryads
CH-5 Ogre village
CH-6 Goblins and Direwolves
CH-7 Battle of the Ogre Village
CH-8 Shizue Izawa
CH-9 Preparation
CH-10 Orc Lord
CH-11 Kingdom of Tempest
CH-12 Demon Lord Milim
CH- 13 Charybdis
CH-14 Ingrassia
CH-15 Surprise,Shock or Sorrow
CH-16 Revenge
Ch-17 More Problems
CH-18 Fall of Farmuth
CH-19 Walpurgis
CH-20 Crushing Clayman
CH-21 The Church
CH-22 Merfolk Kingdom
Ch-23 Hinata and the Ten Great Saints
CH-24 Hero
CH-25 Spirit Queen Ramiris
CH-26 Tempest Festival Day-1
CH-27 Tempest Festival Day 2 & 3
CH-28 Tempest Festival Day 4(Part 1)
CH-29 Tempest Festival Day 4(Part 2)
CH-30 Tempest Festival Day 5(Part 1)
CH-31 Tempest Festival Day 5(Part 2)
CH-32 Tempest Festival Day 6(Part 1)
CH-33 Tempest Festival Day 6(Part 2)
CH-34 After the Festival
CH-35 Busted
CH-35.5 ?????
CH-36 Labyrinth Updates
CH-37 New Friends
CH-38 The Council (Behind the scenes)
CH-39 Shopping Spree
CH-40 Council Meeting
CH-41
CH-42
CH-43
CH-44
CH-45
CH-46
CH-47
CH-48
CH-49
CH-50
CH-51
CH-52
CH-53
CH-54
CH-55
CH-56
CH-57
CH-58
CH-59
CH-60
CH-61
CH-62
CH-63
CH-64
CH-65
CH-66
CH-67
CH-68
CH-69
CH-70
CH-71
CH-72
CH-73
CH-74
CH-75
CH-76
CH-77
CH-78
CH-79
CH-80
CH-81
CH-82
CH-83
CH-84
CH-85
CH-86
CH-87
CH-88
CH-88.5
CH-89
CH-90
CH-91
CH-92
CH-93
CH-94
CH-94.5
CH-95
CH-96
CH-97
CH-98
CH-99
Side Story:- Conquest of Lanquis(Part 1)
CH-100
CH-101
Ch-102
Ch-103
CH-104
Ch-105
CH-106
CH-107
CH-108
CH-109
CH-110
CH-111
CH-112
CH-113
CH-114
CH-115
CH-116
CH-117
CH-118
CH-119
CH-120
CH-121
CH-122
CH-123
CH-124
CH-125
CH-126
CH-127
CH-128
CH-129
CH-129.5
CH-130
CH-131
CH-132
CH-133
CH-134
Ch-135
CH-136
CH-137
CH-138
CH-139
CH-140
CH-141
CH-142
CH-143
CH-144
CH-145

CH-146 Epilogue

1.4K 70 40
By Azatoth14

3rd Person POV

"Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have long left Rimuru." Veldanava said.

Hearing this Chloe was surprised, but the others already understood what had happened. It was easy to see what was happening if one looked at the situation of Rimuru's soul. It was shattering. It wouldn't be long before it would completely shatter, and nothing would be left.

"Huh? Wh-?" Rimuru tried to ask, but Veldanava answered him before he could even ask. He told Rimuru about Ivarage's position and his skill and how he had to be satisfied to survive.

"Huh? But I was satisfied. There was nothing else that I wanted to do." Rimuru reasoned.

"That's true. You were satisfied with the course of events. But she wasn't." Veldanava said looking towards Ciel.

"I'm.... Sorry..... So sorry." Ciel mumbled.

"It's alright. Everything is fine." Rimuru tried to calm Ciel down. But it seemed to have the opposite effect.

"HOW CAN I BE CALM? You will die....*sob* because of.... Me."

"So? This is different from our previous world. I will resurrect. I am a True Dragon, after all."

"Even then, you will die..."

"Well, you died because of my stupidity as well, didn't you?"
"No... That! That was different."

"Shush. With this we're even, right?" Rimuru said as he smiled.

His body was slowly becoming more and more transparent.

After hearing this, Ciel could say nothing. No voice came out of her mouth, yet her tears wouldn't stop pouring. She knew just how fortunate she was compared to Rimuru. Rimuru didn't even know whether or not she would revive. No. The entire world was against revival of dead. Yet he didn't stop.

Compared to him, atleast she knew Rimuru would revive.

"Benimaru, Diablo, Zegion." Rimuru called out.

The three teleported beside him and kneeled.

""Hai.""

"Follow Ciel. For now she will be my replacement."

""Understood.""

"Once I revive, Tempest must be better than what it is now. And if even a single one of you is dead, then I will bring you back from the dead to kill you again, alright?" Rimuru joked.

Benimaru just smirked and nodded.

"Also, Guy, even though I don't want to, please take care of Tempest for me. Especially against other powers." Rimuru asked Guy sincerely.

"Yeah. Leave it to me." Guy responded. For once, Guy was serious. No matter how much they argued, Rimuru was still someone important to him, and to the world.

Rimuru's time was coming to an end. His legs were already shattering into small fragments and flowing off to somewhere far away.

"Oh right. You are Veldanava, right?" Rimuru asked.

"Yes. What made to think that?" Veldanava asked.

"You look a lot like Milim, after all. Anyways, aren't you forgetting something?"

"Hmm? If it's about Milim, it can wait. She is on her way here after all."

"No no. Not about her."
"Then?"

"Lucia."

Hearing her name, Veldanava's eyes went wide. He hadn't forgotten about her. So, what he just remembered wasn't her, but rather the promise he had with her.

"Hahaha...." Rimuru's laughter was the last thing that was spoken, before his soul shattered and went somewhere far off.

Ciel just continued to stare at the sky where the last particles of Rimuru's soul flew off.

"Fath....er?" Milim asked. She had just arrived.

"Ah. Mil-" Milim tackled Veldanava without waiting a second.

Everyone was surprised. Milim was too young at the time, so everyone believed that she wouldn't recognise him. Yet Milim had not only recognised him, but also accepted him.

"Mi- Milim. It's fine. I won't go anywhere. So let me go."

"No. Don't wanna. Don't wanna." Milim cried.

To this Veldanava could only give up and stop resisting.

Ciel's POV

I look at child and father duo. I guess it's true. When you lose something, someone else finds something important of theirs.

I suppress my tears and turn around.

"Let's go." I say to Benimaru and others. They simply nod and follow me. I am sure they have many questions to ask, but even they understand, now is not the time.

We silently leave the area and return back to Tempest. Upon reaching there, I hold a emergency meeting of the top executives. I explain the entire situation, as how I am Rimuru's wife, well fiance for now, since we didn't have a proper marriage ceremony. Shuna and Shion were visibly shaken. I know that they have feelings for him, but they will just have to give up. I will not tolerate anything if it comes to him, after all.

I also explain how Rimuru is dead, and he would take nearly 500 years to resurrect.

There was a dead silence and the atmosphere was heavy. They didn't believe me at first, but with Zegion, Benimaru and the demons supporting me, they accepted the truth.

50 years later....

A lot has happened since Rimuru's death. Shizue and the children were devastated hearing about rimuru's death. But, I told them how he would revive after 5 centuries. This made them even more motivated to become heroes and expand their lifespans.

Right after Ivarage's death was made public, the entire world started celebrating. Except Tempest, that is. I never restricted them from celebrating, but the monsters didn't. When I asked Shuna and the others, they replied, "The world might have won against Ivarage, but we didn't. After all, Rimuru-sama had to sacrifice himself. How can we celebrate his death like that?"

It seems like he really is loved. Maybe I am a bit happy. The people in this world don't treat him like a monster beyond control like in our previous world.

Some humans decided to celebrate, but faced with the cold stares from monsters, even they stopped.

As the world slowly started to settle, since major changes took place in the power of the demon lords.

With only 6 of the 8 demon lords alive, there was supposed to be a major change in power balance. But, Veldanava intervened. After nearly two days of discussion, Dagruel's seat was decided to be kept empty. I was given Rimuru's seat, as a proxy demon lord. Dagruel's seat was empty as Veldanava guarenteed he would revive in a few centuries.

When we asked Veldanava how he died, and what the true history of this world is, before anyone in this room was born, he just feigned ignorance. After a lot of pressure and help from Lucia, we finally managed to get him to promise to tell us after Rimuru and Dagruel revived.

Now that I think about it, it seems that it feels much more natural to call him Rimuru, than Satoru. I wonder if this is because his soul has been named?

Also, thinking about Lucia, Lucia and Veldanava had a lot going on. Milim was acting spoiled, more than usual. Lucas l Lucia was angry with Veldanava and wouldn't talk to him for nearly an year, before Veldanava managed to calm her down.

In the past fifty years, I haven't left the castle much too often. Part of the reason is the paperwork. Obviously, I could do it instantly, but I decided not to. After all, I have nothing else to do. Since Rimuru isn't here, I don't want to go sightseeing alone. I guess I'll wait till he revives.

If only 50 years can bring so much change, I wonder how much change 500 years will, when most humans would have forgotten this catastrophic event.

----------------------

How is it guys? I hope you like it. With this, this book is complete. Yay!! The story will continue in book 2. Be sure to read that as well. Thanks for all your support. I really enjoyed it. By the way, here is the link for book 2

https://www.wattpad.com/story/355339819?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=Azatoth14&wp_originator=d1Q1vpUpeLsq9%2BMGE%2BBz8mAwKOi422WwZm%2FXImI7NdLHAiYYfvVaFwzpqGUJe9Q01M5LsVpSqlbvxZeETQGaCx8%2Fa1xtG96F%2BratYsD58lCcn4L%2BipsfIbS%2Buei0wzRj

Or you can just check my account and go to the other book and add it to your library.

Also, I am thinking about writing another book. It would be like Overlord, but he wouldn't be transported alone into the game. His friends would as well. Tell me whether you want me to write it or not. Well, I'll write it anyways, if I feel like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 1.9K 16
This story takes place during and mere moments after Rimuru Tempest' evolution into a Awakened Demon Lord. During this Evolution, due to the Presence...
10K 158 95
A tale of how the true dragons of the cardinal world live there lives (P.S) this is my first story so it won't be perfect. this story will be the sam...
177K 4.1K 49
Have you ever wondered what things would be like if Rimuru actually stuck to what he had said when he died? "In my next life, I'm gonna go on the pro...
588K 15.5K 51
(Reverse Harem: Souei, Benimaru, Veldora, Diablo, Guy Crimson, OC Male) Being reincarnated is rough. Being in charge of a whole ecosystem even more s...