Ch-105

Meanwhile....

Rimuru's POV

I pass through the gate, only to reach a desolate place. A completely barren land, with no signs of life. It was as if death itself had passed through this land.

<Synthesis of master's new skills have been finished. The new skills are

1) Void God Azatoth:- It was formed by fusing remnants of Ultimate skills Uriel, Raphael, and storm dragon Veldora and Scorch Dragon Velgrynd. It has the following abilities

•Turn null
•Soul Consumption
•Space-Time domination
•Multi-layered barrier
•Imaginary space
•Imaginary collapse
•True Dragon release (Scorch and Storm)

2) Shub-niggurath

It is the fusion of Uriel with remnants of food chain. It has the following abilities

•Skill creation
•Skill duplication
•Skill gifting
•Skill storage>

Whoa. That's a lot. Hold on. Me getting stronger is fine and all, but isn't the timing a bit too good?

<The skill synthesis would have finished tonight, but seeing the situation, I believed it to be better to finish skill synthesis now.>

I see. That's fine. That makes sense.

Even though it might look like we talked for a long time, in reality, it hasn't even been a second due to thought acceleration.

"Where are we?" I ask Michael. I didn't expect a reply, but to my surprise he replied.
"This is the place where Guy and Milim fought 2,000 years ago."
"So, we are near Dagruel's territory?"
"Sort of."

"Where are we going exactly?"
"No particular area, but I thought we should start fighting from there. It would add to the mood." Michael said, pointing towards what appeared to be an old Colosseum of sorts.

"Wow. I am surprised it managed to survived."
"It was made after Milim's and Guy's fight."
"Makes sense."

We both enter the main field.

"Ready?" Michael asks.
"I never thought of you as the type of person who would ask if the others are ready."
"I guess so." As soon as he says that, he dashes straight at me.

I quickly sidestep him, and counter attack by throwing a knife at him. This knife was specially made as it had exactly the same amount and type of magicule as the surrounding, so magic sense couldn't pick it up. But, as a downside, it wouldn't damage him a bit.

But it was not because I wanted to hurt him that I threw it at him. I threw it at him to distract him, and it worked. Unable to react to the knife, he instinctively moved away from it. I had already predicted where he would go, and was waiting for the right moment.

Just when his footing was weak, I started to attack him with my sword. I was not giving him any time to rest and regain his composure. Due to this, I was able to mantain quite an advantage over him. Under pressure, he kept making small mistakes, which eventually added up, causing him to lose his tempo.

Taking advantage of that, I slashed my sword straight at his neck. Seeing this, he put up his arm to block my sword. I had already predicted this, so mid-swing, I changed the trajectory of the slash, so that it would hit his abdomen.

*Clang*

Even though my sword had reached exactly where I wanted it to go, it couldn't pierce through his barrier. I quickly jumped back, creating some distance between us.

"I really didn't want to use this, you know?"
"Absolute barrier, is it?"
"Yes. The more loyal subordinates I have, the stronger it is."
"And who are these subordinates of yours?"