CH-146 Epilogue

3rd Person POV

"Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have long left Rimuru." Veldanava said.

Hearing this Chloe was surprised, but the others already understood what had happened. It was easy to see what was happening if one looked at the situation of Rimuru's soul. It was shattering. It wouldn't be long before it would completely shatter, and nothing would be left.

"Huh? Wh-?" Rimuru tried to ask, but Veldanava answered him before he could even ask. He told Rimuru about Ivarage's position and his skill and how he had to be satisfied to survive.

"Huh? But I was satisfied. There was nothing else that I wanted to do." Rimuru reasoned.

"That's true. You were satisfied with the course of events. But she wasn't." Veldanava said looking towards Ciel.

"I'm.... Sorry..... So sorry." Ciel mumbled.

"It's alright. Everything is fine." Rimuru tried to calm Ciel down. But it seemed to have the opposite effect.

"HOW CAN I BE CALM? You will die....*sob* because of.... Me."

"So? This is different from our previous world. I will resurrect. I am a True Dragon, after all."

"Even then, you will die..."

"Well, you died because of my stupidity as well, didn't you?"
"No... That! That was different."

"Shush. With this we're even, right?" Rimuru said as he smiled.

His body was slowly becoming more and more transparent.

After hearing this, Ciel could say nothing. No voice came out of her mouth, yet her tears wouldn't stop pouring. She knew just how fortunate she was compared to Rimuru. Rimuru didn't even know whether or not she would revive. No. The entire world was against revival of dead. Yet he didn't stop.

Compared to him, atleast she knew Rimuru would revive.

"Benimaru, Diablo, Zegion." Rimuru called out.

The three teleported beside him and kneeled.

""Hai.""

"Follow Ciel. For now she will be my replacement."

""Understood.""

"Once I revive, Tempest must be better than what it is now. And if even a single one of you is dead, then I will bring you back from the dead to kill you again, alright?" Rimuru joked.

Benimaru just smirked and nodded.

"Also, Guy, even though I don't want to, please take care of Tempest for me. Especially against other powers." Rimuru asked Guy sincerely.

"Yeah. Leave it to me." Guy responded. For once, Guy was serious. No matter how much they argued, Rimuru was still someone important to him, and to the world.

Rimuru's time was coming to an end. His legs were already shattering into small fragments and flowing off to somewhere far away.

"Oh right. You are Veldanava, right?" Rimuru asked.

"Yes. What made to think that?" Veldanava asked.

"You look a lot like Milim, after all. Anyways, aren't you forgetting something?"

"Hmm? If it's about Milim, it can wait. She is on her way here after all."

"No no. Not about her."
"Then?"

"Lucia."

Hearing her name, Veldanava's eyes went wide. He hadn't forgotten about her. So, what he just remembered wasn't her, but rather the promise he had with her.