Ash the Dragon Specialist

By kurenohikari

"Tell me Ash, would you like me to teach you about pokemon? About how to take care of them? Cure them when th... More

When it all began
Growing up
Life Choices
A new friend
Of best friends and homesickness
There's more to training than just power
Are you ready?
Interlude: Ele's P.O.V
The evolution mystery
Finally, the trio is complete!
Jealousy and Friendship
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part I
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part II
I am back!
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part III
Kalos - Vacation
Back to School
Senior Year - Part I
Senior Year - Part II
Senior Year - Part III
An explosive start
Interlude II: Landon's P.O.V
A Grand Debut
The Rock Gym
Interlude III: Agni's P.O.V
The Encore
A Flame Ignited
The Grass Gym
A Rival Makes an Appearance
Having fun on stage!
New Beginnings
Adventures along the way
Still Standing
Hope and Fear
The Fighting Gym
One Deep Breath
Lake Valor
Nature's Collection
Tiger Lily
The Ghost Gym
Interlude IV: Aeolus' P.O.V
The Steel Gym
One Step Closer
PokeRinger
The Ice Gym
The Pyramid
The Water Gym
Twinleaf Festival
The Countdown Begins
Interlude V: Drako's P.O.V
The Electric Gym
The Grand Festival - Part I
The Grand Festival - Part II
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part I
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part II
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part III
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part IV
Aloha!
Home Sweet Home
The Trio Badge
The Journey Continues
The Basic Badge
Interlude VI: Astrape
The Insect Badge
Don't Poke the Sleeping Dragon
Matters of the Heart
Pokemon Club Battle Tournament - Part I
Pokemon Club Battle Tournament - Part II
The Bolt Badge
Interrlude VII: Bruce's P.O.V
The Quake Badge
Ruins
The Jet Badge
Interlude VIII: Ares' P.O.V
The Freeze Badge
Marigold's Choice
Mom! I'm Home!
The Legend Badge
Hoenn Grand Festival
The Ball of Dreams and Love
Eeveelutions Everywhere!
The Vertress Conference - Part I
The Vertress Conference - Part II
The Vertress Conference - Part III
The Vertress Conference - Part IV
The Vertress Conference - Part V
Dreams Come True
Interrlude IX: Nephele's P.O.V
And This Makes Ten
The Ghost Master
The Fighting Master
The Dark Master
The Psychic Master
Interlude X: Chione's P.O.V
The Champion
The Coronation
Apologies and Challenges
Breaking News!
The Grand Finale

Reports

540 26 5
By kurenohikari

"Congrats Ash!" Celeste beamed through the screen of the Xtransceiver. "You defeated Headmaster Drayden! That is so cool! I would have loved to be there and seen it happen!" Celeste pouted. "A full battle at that, it must have been legendary!"

Ash giggled at her unintended pun. "I'm sure my mom recorded the whole thing; I will have her send the recording to you. In the meantime, congrats on your fifth ribbon! You, Titania, and Loki were rock stars!"

"We tried our best," Celeste shrugged humbly. "Now we are focusing on Titania and making sure she is ready for the Hoenn Grand Festival. Evolving so soon before such a grand event is such a nightmare!" Celeste huffed, before perking up. "You, Cilan, and Mrs. Ketchum are coming to watch me compete right? I just got the reply from Professor Oak, he is coming as well! I am so glad you've convinced me to be his Field Researcher as well. Thanks to that I can keep all eight of my pokemon with me at all times! He is quite delighted by my reports about eeveelutions."

"We are, and so is Drayden-sensei. With the Vertress Conference so close, not many trainers are coming to challenge him and with the Academy starting their vacation period, he is free to travel with us." Ash informed her with an excited smile. "Also, you know Mom has told you to call her Delia. Do not allow her to hear you refer to her differently."

"Yeah, that would be a nightmare for real," Celeste paled at the image of a mad Delia Ketchum. "Headmaster Drayden is coming with you? So cool! He skipped my previous Grand Festival because he had to deal with some poachers around the Opelucid City. Let's hope nothing like that happens this time around."

"Let's hope not," Ash agreed, his mood darkening at the mention of poachers. He shook the memory off and went back to smiling his Sunflora smile. "How is your dad doing?"

"He has been excellent!" Celeste beamed. "I never understood the connection you had with Headmaster Drayden, the importance of a mentor, until this journey I've been though in Hoenn. Having someone guide you and help perfectionate your craft is incredible!" Celeste's gaze was filled with fondness and happiness. "Steven has also been great, and his parents are the grandparents I've never had. He is going to adopt me when the Grand Festival is done, we will also reveal my relation to dad then."

"I am so happy for your Cel," Ash told her warmly. "You deserve it, to have a family..."

"However, you want to know if I talked to my aunt since we've seen each other," Celeste finished for her friend, she knew him too well. She sighed and shook her head. "Yes, I have. To say that our reunion could have been taken out of one of her old Paldean telenovelas, would be an understatement."

Ash winced. "What happened?"

"She barged into the Stone Manor demanding to see me, then my dad called out his Milotic and was ready to... escort her out," Celeste grimaced, as Ash's eyes widened in shock. He could not stop himself from laughing, which prompted Celeste to laugh with him. "I know! Arceus was that hilarious! Seteven's Metagross even levitated some popcorn for us to eat as we watched the screaming match my dad and aunt had gotten into! I just could not believe my prim and proper aunt was acting like a child, or that I would ever see my fabulous dad behave so unhinged. Poor Steven had to be the voice of reason, trying to calm everyone down." Celeste finally calmed down and continued to explain, even though she was still chuckling from time to time. "We all sat down afterwards and talked. We decided to visit Paldea after the Hoenn Grand Festival. We, as in Steven, dad, and myself. However, my aunt is not welcomed to come and see me compete... I still don't feel comfortable with it."

"I would bet! She lied to you, your whole life. That is not something you can easily forgive," Ash replied, he was 100% on her corner. "But I am glad the tension had been relieved, if only a little bit."

"So, am I," Celeste smiled back. "Now, I am sorry to do this, but I need to get ready. Grandma and grandpa are taking me out today. We are going shopping for a new gown for the Hoenn Grand Festival!"

"Have fun!" Ash beamed, as she ended the call. He sighed in relief, knowing that his friend was doing great in Hoenn. He had been quite worried about her during their Senior Year and their Sinnoh Journey. But things seem to have settled down for her in Hoenn. Ash giggled when Nephele nuzzled his neck. "You are happy too, right Ele?"

"Altaria!" Nephele agreed, with a delighted croon.

"So, am I," Ash nuzzled back. It was a habit he'd had since he'd been a child. It was something he'd never truly broken. Not that Ele or him ever wanted to, they enjoyed their closeness, and it helped ground each other. "Now that the break is over, we better get back to work! I need to earn my Field Researcher License after all!"

"Al-Altaria!" Nephele agreed, humming a low tune to help her Trainer focus on the task at hand.

Professor Oak's Field Research Report

Field Researcher: Ash Ketchum

Date: XX-XX-XXXX

Location: Opelucid City

Topic: The Evolutionary Dynamics of Dragon-Type Pokemon Within a "Thunder"

---

Introduction:

This report seeks to delve into the unique dynamics at play when Dragon-type Pokemon, specifically those within a "Thunder," interact and coexist within a cohesive group of their own kind. This study focuses on the case of Ares, Ash Ketchum's Hakamo-o, as a potential illustration of how peer influence can catalyze the evolution process among Dragon-types. In this report, we will outline the methods, observations, and potential implications for our understanding of Pokemon evolution.

---

Background:

In the realm of Pokemon, the process of evolution remains a captivating area of study. We've long known that Pokemon often undergo evolution, assuming more powerful forms. But the factors influencing this transformation remain enigmatic. Our hypothesis, based on our observations during Ash's journey, is that the presence of more evolved peers, specifically in a closely-knit group known as a "Thunder," might influence the evolutionary pace of younger members.

---

Methodology:

Selection of the Subject: Our study focuses primarily on Ash's Hakamo-o, Ares, who recently evolved from Jangmo-o. This Pokemon has been part of a group of Dragon-types since hatching from an egg and is currently residing with a "Thunder" of fully evolved Dragon-types under Ash's care. Observation and Data Collection: We've been meticulously monitoring Ares' interactions with his more mature companions. This includes daily activities, battles, and group dynamics. Specific attention is given to any behavioral changes that suggest an accelerated evolutionary drive. Interviews: Our team has conducted interviews with Ash's companions to better understand the context of Ares' development and their perception of the Thunder's influence on Ares' evolution.

---

Observations and Findings:

As per our observations, the following key points are noteworthy:

Improved Battle Skills: Ares exhibited significant growth in battle skills during his interaction with the Thunder. This growth may be an adaptation to match the skills of his more evolved companions. Evolving Attitude: Ares appears to display a heightened motivation towards evolving, as evident from his determination in battles and training. This potentially supports our hypothesis that peer influence accelerates evolution. Behavioral Changes: While he's still a Hakamo-o, Ares has started to assume a more dominant role within the Thunder. This suggests a growing need to assert his presence and influence the pack.

---

Discussion:

The evidence we've gathered from our observations and interviews indicates that there may indeed be a connection between the presence of more evolved Dragon-type Pokemon and the pace of evolution in younger members, like Ares. While we are unable to conclude definitively from this single case study, these findings certainly warrant further exploration.

It's crucial to consider the implications of this research. If we can substantiate this theory, it would revolutionize our understanding of pokemon evolution. Additionally, understanding the psychological and social dynamics at play in "Thunders" could have significant consequences for how trainers and researchers work with Dragon-types.

---

Conclusion:

The progress of Ares, Ash's Hakamo-o, within a Thunder of fully evolved Dragon-types provides compelling evidence supporting our hypothesis that the presence of more advanced peers can influence the evolutionary development of younger pokemon. We encourage further research in this field to validate this theory and gain a deeper understanding of how it might apply to other groups of pokemon.

Sincerely,

Ash Ketchum, Professor Oak's Field Researcher

---

This report is based on observations and interviews conducted during Ash's journey, and while it suggests intriguing possibilities, it's important to remember that more research is needed to confirm the findings.

"I think this is ok..." Ash muttered to himself as he reviewed his report and corrected some mistakes he caught. Without thinking twice, he pressed the sent button, and the report was sent to Professor Oak. "Now that this is over with, let's go and get lunch. I'm starving!"

Ash nimbly climbed on the back of Nephele and the two took to the sky at once, leaving behind the private clearing they had been lounging at. This clearing was in between the Ketchum House and the Nature Preserve, and it had been found by a young Ash and a young Swablu during their many times volunteering at the Nature Preserve. Even with the addition of more members to the Thunder, this place still belonged to the Trainer-Starter duo.

Ash could feel the cool wind ruffling his hair and the sun's warmth on his face. He loved flying, especially with Nephele. It was special and magical whenever he and his starter flew together. Especially, since Ash had been there for when Nephele was grounded and feared the sky. But those days are no more! Nephele now ruled the skies with the grace of a Queen and Ash could not be happier for her.

Focusing on the past will do them no favors. As such they will focus on the future... on the Vertress Conference!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 133 9
Kei Shimizu is a lovable boy from Pallet Town in Kanto. He is the childhood friend of both Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak. Both, of course, have a crush on...
89.8K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
110K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
35.9K 538 9
Having enough of seeing Ash collapsed everytime using their bond form. Greninja decides to leave his trainer. After two years, he regretted doing so...