MINE.

By StoriDen

I'm not sure if this is going to be a stand alone story or a series of different stories just yet. Luca and L... More

Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2 : Birthday Bliss
Chapter 3: The Townie Folk
Chapter 4: Flirty
Chapter 5: Goodbye's too Hard
Chapter 6: Revelations
Chapter 7: Kindred
Chapter 8: Pheromone Drunk
Chapter 9: Alpha Rage
Chapter 10: Love Sediment
Chapter 11: The Sleeping Pups
Chapter 13: Energy
Chapter 14: Missing Pieces Part 1
Chapter 1: Dion
Chapter 2: Magnetism
Chapter 3: Bow for bows
Chapter 4: Cadence
Chapter 5: The Bond
Chapter 6: Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 7: The debt
Chapter 8: The Sleeping Beauty 2
Chapter 9: Shock
Chapter 10: Shattered
Photo Inspo: Dion and Kingston
Photo Inspo: The Imperial Family
Chapter 11: Denial
Chapter 12: Back and Forth
Chapter 13: Childish Rage
Chapter14: Late Night Snack
Chapter15: Pulse
Chapter 16: Odds

Chapter 12: Mate is Bond

438 18 0
By StoriDen

-Blaze-

After Micah and I inhaled the dinner of steak and potatoes made by Christine we quickly retired to the guest room. It's a big room with a really big bed. In no time we settled in with our pups still resting against us. Micah turns off the light as I roll over onto my side with Leif cuddled to my chest.

Micah turns to face me in the same position.

"How is Asher?" He asks me.

Quiet. He feels guilty. I admit.

"Finn too."

I'm not angry. I'm too tired to be angry.

"Me too. I found my mate today, I refuse to be angry." He says with a pout as he buries his nose in Luca's coat that seems to glow beneath the moonlight radiating in from the open window.

He's acting all pouty and even at our conservatively big age it's cute.

Why didn't you shut the curtains? I ask already suspecting the answer.

His gaze lifts to meet mine before he slowly turns his face, "I wanted to sleep beneath the moon...she should see...you know what she did."

I chortle before rolling Leif and I over to face the opposite way.

"What's so funny?" He ask's seriously.

I laugh once again, If I told you once...She doesn't actually live in or on the moon.

"And for the millionth time how the hell would you know?! You been to her place of residence?" He snaps as he has done since we were children.

You think The actual freaking Moon Goddess would let America and Russia just go traipsing around her personal plain?

"Once again, how do you know there was even really a moon landing? It was possibly staged."

I roll my eyes, I'm not doing this with you tonight.

IN 1969?! - Finn interjects as clear as a bell inside my mind prompting Asher to sit up.

Ugh! I hate when they get involved.

You truly believe that they were actually sending people to the moon in 1969? -Finn reiterates.

Yeah? What about it?- Asher replies for us cause at this point I have checked out. I bury my nose into Leif's soft fur my eyes already heavy.

Technology! Would you yourself get inside a big ass mental fire trap and be shot into space with the technology humans had in 1969? - Finn fires back.

A: And how do you know they didn't have help from wolves, vampires, or witches? Our community is the backbone in the advancements of humans.

F: Their advancements are OUR  advancements. All beings under the Moon Goddess are intertwined. If they ever did make it it to the Moon it would be by our allowance. In that frame of thought why wouldn't we want them to succeed?

A: The same reason we hide our existence. Humans are literally the absolute fucking worst! The most destructive, selfish, simple minded creatures the Moon goddess ever created. Her last and final attempt at creation and let us be honest the load she should have swallowed!

Finn gasps, You dare blaspheme on the very day she gifts us our mates! Say nothing else least we be cast out in our afterlife!

A: How is that blaspheming? You've read the chronicles just as we all have. That Maternal Goddess has mated, and mated, and mated some fucking more! All series of omnipotent creatures. She has had dicks and tentacles of every shape, form, color, and breed inside her every orifice!

F: What is wrong with you?! How dare you-

A: How dare I what? Read the fucking room Finn! The Moon Goddess has gotten around. It states it clear as day in every book and in every culture she is referenced in. The Wolf Chronicles, The Book of Shadows, hell The Vampiric Trials might as well be her Only Fans page. I like to call the last one her Goth Girl era and -

F: Don't you ever shut up?

A: Not fucking ever! As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted- Her goth girl era and the subsequent creation of the parasitic, sex obsessed, blood demons we are forced to call kin...

This is around the time that I drifted hard and so very far from all that chaos.

***************************************************

Hmmm, Sunlight behind my eyelids. I fucking hate that!

I told you to close the curtains. Get up and shut them. I say reaching out to my twin the moment I become aware I roll over onto my side to escape the piercing light.

My eyes snap open the moment I realize my arms aren't wrapped around my pup shaped mate. I immediately sit up to look for him on my other side.

No sign of him and what's worse is Luca is also no where to be seen. I roughly shove at Micah to wake him but I underestimated my strength and send him flying off the opposite side of the bed.

"Oww! What the fuck you do that for?" He says snapping up to glare at me. I'm distracted for only a second as I realize my childhood baby blanket I wrapped around Leif is haphazardly draped over his head and covering up half of his face.

They're gone! I snap furiously as panic has my heart beating hard inside my chest.

Micah snatches the baby blanket off his head before moving up onto his knees. He reaches for the comforter, he tosses it back so hard it flies off the mattress and lands on the floor at the foot of the bed. His head swivels side to side slowly as if he can't clearly fucking see the bed in empty of two pups.

What an idiot - Asher says dryly as I hop out of bed to check the bathroom first.

I check every single inch of the bathroom when I return Micah steps out of the closet and shakes his head. I nearly fling shot myself out of the room wondering how the fuck they even came down off the bed without us hearing them at their small size. I'm dashing down the hallway ignoring closed doors when I hear Christine's distinct giggle from the living room. I hadn't realized how close behind me Micah is until I come to a complete stop and he bounces into my back.

But when I look across the living room relief fills me. Christine is sitting in the middle of the floor, cross legged on the large rug with Leif and Luca in her lap. She's holding a bowl in her hand and feeding them from a spoon.

She looks up at us with large eyes at our clumsy entrance.

I take a deep sigh of relief and walk over to drop myself flat onto the carpet to catch my breath and calm my racing heart.

Micah drops himself onto the couch to do the same.

"I'm sorry. Mom wants the pups fed on a schedule. You both looked so exhausted I didn't want to wake you." She says sincerely.

"It's fine as long as they're safe." Micah replies.

But please wake us next time if you don't want us to have heart attacks. I add as I sit up and look over to inspect what she's feeding them.

"What is it?" Micah asks.

A brown gunk. Christine what is that? I ask in disgust as both pups merrily lick at the gunk off the large spoon she's holding to feed them while they sit patiently in the spot between her legs.

"It's Runt paste. It's what the mid wives use to help the runts grow so they'll meet their mile stones along with the rest of the liter."

"How does it taste?" Micah asks and she smiles as she swivels around, lifting the spoon toward him. Micah scoops a bit with his pinky while I wipe a bit off the edge of the bowl with my index finger.

The pastes consistency is thicker than gravy but has a velvety savory texture without very much taste. She returns the spoon to the pups and they seem to enjoy it very much.

"You guys shouldn't have too much of that it's super calorie dense and will make you get fat super fast."

Will it make them fat? I ask.

"Not if we feed them on their schedule. Mom had to go back to help with a delivery but she left directions on the counter and their special food in the fridge. She told me to reiterate the importance of measuring the paste exactly. Never too little, never too much and do not fluctuate the frequency or change the time you administer it."

"Will this help them grow normal size?" Micah asks as I stroke Leif's back gently as not to distract him.

"It should. But it's meant only to be fed to them in wolf form. It would be catastrophic if they ate it in their other form."

"Why?"

She giggles, "They would get fat dummy. Real quickly too."

Micah shrugs, "I wouldn't mind."

"I think Luca would though." She says with a giggle.

"If the stuff is supposed to be measured out is it alright to feed them out of the same bowl that way?"

"Mom said it fine for their first douse cause they were anxious earlier but she wants them eating out of their own bowls by this afternoon. Even though they might be a bit anxious you should spoon feed them so you can bond. Also, don't try to link with them."

Micah and I snap to look at her.

"Just don't." She shrugs.

Why?

"Why?" Micah and I ask at once.

"They are traumatized. You won't know how they'll reeact to another voice pushing in especially when they are likely already acclimating to the voice of their wolves. It is most likely Leif and Luca are in a state of minimal consciousness and their wolves are fully in control for the first time since they were very young. They need to get acclimated."

"Minimal consciousness?" Micah asks.

Christine nods emphatically, "That's what usually happens when there is such a severe trauma. Their wolves will take good care of them until they are ready to come out again."

Micah smiles proudly, "You're a genius."

"I sure am. But mom told me all this,  this morning as I helped her prepare the paste."

"How does she know all of this?"

"Her and Pa were up all night in the library. They even called different wolves they know. They are really happy you've found your mates. Dad also told me to tell you that you don't neeed to worry about your duties for now. Just focus on the pups and he'll update you when you know who awakens. Even though we all know who he's talking about."

"Who told you?"

She scoffs, "Boy please I eavesdrop." She says as I watch my mate crawl off her lap to trot over to me. My face breaks out in a huge smile as I watch my mate crawl over into my lap so I'll stroke his hair.

Instantly my eyes dart up at Micah to see his jealous expression. That is until his mate does the exact same thing. The white pup shyly walks over to the couch before rearing up onto its hind legs with a whimper..more like a command.

Micah happily scoops him up as the pup cries for attention.

"Awww so cute." Christine squeals.

I unconsciously expel some pheromones and Christine hops up to stand.

"Ewww! I do not want to smell that!" She snaps as she covers her mouth and nose before darting away in the direction of the kitchen.

Micah chuckles proudly cause he did the same thing. Never mind a hysterical younger sister cause our mates seem to love it. My raven haired pup turns in my lap to place both paws against my chest just to lick my face. I smile at the soft flicks of his tongue and his  bushy tail waving around frantically.

"They're  done eating! Don't forget to take them out so they can use the bathroom. I'm leaving!" Christine's voice recedes as she bolts toward the front door to get away from our leaky pheromones.

It's quiet then aside from the soft whimpers of our mates as we love on them and they love us back. I lose myself in stroking his silken fur as he covers me in his sweet soft scent, marking me as his.

Mine Asher hums proudly and goosebumps prickle against both my arms.

Mine, I concur.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

919K 45.7K 188
Almost two centuries had passed since vampires emerged from the shadows. After declaring themselves as the dominant species and for all humans to be...
5M 188K 50
*COMPLETED* Liam always thought that his first lover and best friend would turn out to be his mate. But after him leaving for two years, and the cont...
4.6K 438 13
Fifth book in 'Into The Woods' series. Can be a stand alone. Blue's Mama didn't know, but he remembered everything. Flashes of his terrible past liv...
78.1K 3.9K 55
The Hookhill Chronicles, p:1 You know when people say how it's like love at first sight when seeing their love for the first time? You look him in th...