Emanet

By wittypenart

One night. One horrific incident. That's all it took to change the course of life for them. Hurts, lies and... More

|Characters and Aesthetics|
|Prologue|:
|01|: Brother/بھائی
|02|: Women/خواتین
|03|: Threat/دھمکی
|04|:Attack/ حملہ
|05|: Mourn/سوگ
|06|: Altered/ تبدیل
|07|: Guilt/شرمندگی
|08|: Silence/خاموشی
|09|: Terror/دہشت
|10|: Motherly/شفيق
|11|: Stalker/شکاری
|12|: Marriage/شادی
|13|: Photographs/تصاویر
|14|: Rumour/افواہ
|15|: Refusal/اِنکار
|16|: Intruder/دخل انداز
|17|: Nikkah/نکاح
|18|: Calamity/وبال
|19|: Dawn/صبح
|20|: Brut/تلخ
|21|: Serenity/اطمینان
|22|: Bargain/سودا
|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت
|24|: Stranger/اجنبی
|25|: Negligence/غفلت
|26|: Gift/تحفہ
|27|: Wounded/زخمی
|28|: Care/خیال
|29|: Upset/ناراضگی
|30|: Close/قریب
|31|: Shopping/خریداری
|32|: Event/تقریب
|34|: Truth/سچ
|35|: Game/کھیل
|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش
|37|: Disturbance/خلل
|38|: Family/خاندان
|39|: Kidnapped/اغواء
|40|: Wrath/غصہ
|41|: Identity/شناخت
|42|: Deal/سودا
|43|: Agony/اذیت
|44|: Wait/اِنتظار
|45|: Tranquility/قرار
|46|: Reunion/ملاپ
|47|: Justice/اِنصاف
|48|: Mehndi/مہندی
|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی
|Epilogue|:

|33|: Fear/خوف

2K 101 6
By wittypenart

The morning hues casted a yellow haze onto the floor as little light seeped from the closed curtains. Subhan's slumber broke as the birds chirped loudly. Squinting his eyes open, his hand almost on its own accord traced the left side of the bed. Frowning he turned around to find it empty and cold. Glancing at the clock, he found it close to eight.

Where is she?

Thought he. Getting up and running a hand through his hair, he figured she woke up early because of the cold sheets. Making his way inside the bathroom, he did his business before getting a nice warm shower. He changed into his black pants and shirt and draped a grey blazer over his shoulders. Stepping out of the room, he reached down the stairs in the kitchen.

She must be here.

His steps faltered when he find only his Chachi and cousin there. No sign of his beloved wife.

"Asalamoaliukm Bhai." Mehreen chirped as always upon seeing her brother.

"Walaikum asalam." He muttered lightly. He filled a glass of water and took a huge gulp. His Chachi was passing him looks that him asking

"Have any of you seen Safa?"

"Aww. So cute. You miss her first thing in the morning."

His ears caught a tiny tint of red and he rubbed his neck while glaring hard at his cheeky cousin.

"Shut up, you wild cat." Bahar laughed at the two who were bickering like kids.

"She's on the rooftop." He passed a smile to his Chachi and walked to Mehreen. He stole one her chocolate cookie and muttered

"Chachi loves me a lot."

She darted her tongue out at him while he left the kitchen with a smile upon his face. He climbed two stairs at a time. Opening the door of the rooftop, he found his wife sitting at the centre while the pigeons surrounded her. It was a sight to behold. Her hair were in loose half up do. The sage coloured suit gave her an angelic look.

"So you ran to here."

She turned her head and smiled at him. His heart skipped a beat. This was all getting too normal now. Him not liking when she's not with him. These erratic heart beats. How her smile lights his entire day up like she's everything he wanted. Needed.

"I woke up early and decided to come here. It's warm and sunny today."

Saying that she stood up and stand behind the railing while her head was drifted up in the sky. The yellowish sun rays were casting a halo around her. Her brown eyes were resembling pools of honey. Her cheeks were coloured pink, providing her with the beauty of a young girl.

He slowly walked to her and stood inches beside her. Putting a hand up in the sky, he protected her face from the direct sunlight. The gesture has her turning her head toward him. They were very close. Their noses were touching.

"So tell me, Mr. Durrani, did you miss me first thing in the morning?"

A smirk came upon his lips as he noticed her cheeky nature. Pushing a tendril behind her ear, he said

"Maybe." She passed him a coy smile and said

"You need to be sure about that. It doesn't work otherwise." He chuckled that has her lowering her eyes. He instantly knew she was being shy.

"I see you're flirting." A gasp of horror escaped her lips and she muttered

"No its not like that." He chuckled at her flabbergasted state and said

"Relax Pheonix. It's okay to flirt with your husband." He wriggled his brows at her and she pushed him away. He laughed while she turned her back and took a deep breath. He just stood there basking in her presence. Like stealing some of her sunshine.

"Let's get down for breakfast." She nodded her head and walked with him.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. Waleed is here."

Altamash announced as soon as he entered his best friend's cabin. Subhan's head snapped in his direction and he nodded while closing his laptop. He saw the figure of Mr. Waleed behind him and it has him standing up and greet the man.

"I'll be outside." Said Altamash while moving towards the door only to be stopped by Subhan.

"Stay." Shock covered Altamash's features which he hid so well by his stone face. He nodded and sat down beside Mr. Waleed.

"Gentlemen, I hope I have your undivided attention."

As Mr. Waleed started, both the men gave all of their concentration to him. He is the biggest partner for their company. By his help, the dream of his brother to build a hospital in Noorie will come to fruition.

"I have seen the way you work and trust me your ethics inspire me. I've read your documents and plans for the hospital and I'll be greatly blessed to contribute in this matter. You have my support."

A grin broke out on Subhan's face and he literally stood up from his chair and shake hands with the man before him. Altamash did the same.

"Thank you for your approval. I'll get to it as soon as possible."

Subhan assured the man and he nodded. Nr. Waleed knew that the boy standing before him has that passion that could lit fire in the darkness. All he needs is guidance and he is very much happy to provide it to him.

"I'll take my leave gentlemen. It'll be a pleasure working with all of you." He left the room while Altamash smiled at his best friend.

"We should probably start getting the preparations ready."

Subhan nodded and started to make some calls. In no time, his brother's dream will be accomplished. It will help many who can't afford the bills and expenses of a hospital. After making sure everyone is given their assigned work, only then he finally take a seat on the couch. Throwing his head back on the sofa, he muttered

"This is the best news I've heard today."

"No, I think the news I have is more important." His eyes snapped to the man and Altamash sighed before taking the chair and sitting in front of him. Subhan straightened up because he knew from the expressions on his best friend's face that it's something really important.

"The police is reopening your brother's case." Relief washed over his form before a volcano started building up somewhere in his chest.

"Who is the in charge?" He asked. His tone lethal. Eyes were boring holes into the ground as his hands tightened into fists.

"He's new. Inspector Rafay Ahmad."

His eyebrows drew closer at the sign of the new information.

"Also the Islamabad incident is also in investigation. The police thinks it's connected."

Subhan rubbed his temples as a light throb formed in his brain. He sighed and said to him

"No one is to be aware of this matter. I repeat no one. Especially my family."

Altamash nodded understanding where he's coming from. He stood up and patted him on the shoulder while saying

"Everything will be alright brother. Believe in Allah." Subhan nodded and then said

"Lets pay our inspector a nice visit."
~~~~~~~~~~~

The police station came into view and Altamash stopped the car. Subhan stepped out of it. His aura was deadly. Posture stiff and mind alert. His strides were confident like he owns the place. The constable immediately stood up upon the sight of the Durrani son and saluted him. He nodded his head at him and ordered

"I need to see your senior. Inspector Rafay Ahmad."

"I'm here." He turned his neck sideways and came face to face with a middle aged man. His hair were salt and pepper and light beard was covering his jaw. He looked someone who isn't easy to mess with and go by his rules.

What a pity!

Subhan doesn't care about rules.

"Your the new in charge for my brother's case." He shook hands with Rafay making sure to tighten his grip as a secret message to the man. Rafay only smirked and said

"Follow me". Altamash decided to stay back, offering them privacy. Subhan followed him to his office and took a seat on one of the chairs.

"There aren't any solid proofs to confirm if it was a murder. It seems like a robbery incident gone wrong."

A bone ticked in Subhan's jaw and he leaned while joining his hands on the table. He seethed

"That's not what happened, Inspector. My brother was murdered whether you admit it or not."

He moved away while still maintaining the eye contact.

"How are you so sure?" A bitter laugh escaped his lips. His eyes glared hard into the man and he said

"All I know is that someone is out there who doesn't want to see us rise. There have been many incidents that can't be a coincidence. So, you do your job and bring the killer to me."

He stood up and turned around to leave when he heard the Inspector say

"He will be presented to the law."

A lopsided smirk took over his lips before he turned around and muttered

"You're a wise man. You'll know what to do."
~~~~~~~~~~

As the door opened, surprise flashed over Bua Ji's face as she saw Safa standing.

"Meri pyari guriya."
(My beautiful doll)

She was embraced in her arms. The warmth that radiated off of Bua Ji melted Safa. She hasn't visited her since she got married that is: three months. How those months passed was unimaginable. Bua Ji pulled away from her and called her inside.

"How are you, Bua Ji?"

Safa asked. She was already sad that she didn't come to visit any sooner.

"I'm fine beta. You tell me, how are you and Subhan?"  Bua Ji looked so happy to see her again. She sat beside her and started running her fingers through her hair.

"We're both fine. I'm sorry I didn't come any sooner."

Bua Ji just brushed it off and started talking to her. Both the ladies talked for all the time they haven't meet.

"I told you Subhan will take great care of you."

Safa nodded her head at her. She rested her head on Bua Ji's lap and asked

"Isn't it strange feeling this much security from a man I've been with for only three months?"

Her questions were messing with her sanity. She knew she loves him. But still, does it happen this quickly? Just in a span of three months? Or is it just attraction or temporary attachment?

"It's not strange. Allah ties two souls by Nikkah. He adds love in both of their hearts. That's the power of nikkah. He is your protector. It's only good that you feel safe with him. As your husband, it's your right and it is his obligation to protect you and your honour."

Her words calmed Safa's inner turmoil. She snuggled in her lap and voiced out her feelings

"Can I feel love for him?" Her question was a whisper. She didn't dare meet Bua Ji's eyes.

"Of course, Safa. You can feel love for him."

Bua Ji chuckled when a soft red hue covered Safa's cheeks. She patted her cheeks and asked

"What would you like to eat?" Safa grinned cheekily at her and said

"Your famous pilou."

The old woman chuckled and said

"Come help me then."

Safa stood up and followed her.
~~~~~~~~~

Kamal Chacha put his foot on the brakes and the car came to a halt. Safa smiled at him and said

"Thank you, Chacha."

He only smiled at her before he rounded the car to park it in the garage. Safa glanced at her wrist watch and she was just in time for dinner. Time went quickly with Bua Ji and before she knew it was already time to come home. She just turned around to walk inside when she felt it. Eyes boring into her souls. She craned her neck at an abnormal speed to catch anyone. Anyone. But again it was all normal. No one in sight. But she knew it wasn't a twig or a bird. She walked to the gates and looked here and there. She was desperate to find someone. This game of watching has been messing with her. She's done playing games.

"Whoever it is come out."

She shouted while continuously glancing at every corner of the house. She took steps backward only to crash into someone. A scream rippled from her mouth, before it was covered with a hand as she heard

"Shhh it's me." Her breaths came out in pants and tears gathered in her eyes.

"Hey what happened." Her husband asked while tenderly wiping her tears. God they were piercing his heart into so many pieces.

"I thought....I heard... someone." She didn't complete her sentence before she was engulfed in strong arms. Immediately his scent wafted past her nostrills and her breathing calmed down a notch. She felt a kiss being placed on her head and it has her completely calming down. After a while she heard him ask

"Let's go inside, hmm." She nodded meekly while still clinging to him. He wrapped one arm beneath her knees and lifted her bridal style. She hid her face in his neck seeking his warmth. He tightened his hold on her and walked back inside the house.

But still she felt eyes boring into her soul.
And that scared the hell out of her.
••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's an update. It turned out better than I expected tbh.
So enjoy.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 11.9K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
26.3K 1.2K 32
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...
1M 51.6K 38
Mahrukh is the youngest in her family. The apple of her family's eyes [ well mostly ]. Living in a joint family with a divorced aunt who is ready to...
271K 9.7K 15
❞عشق کی ابتدا تم۔ حسن کی انتھا تم۔❝ - One catastrophic night, two machinating men; one dead and one alive, shackled two estranged souls to the same f...