TBATE - Corrupted Blessing

By guy_under_the_bed

" Welcome to Alacrya, King Grey. " Those words are the first thing that welcomed me after waking up from the... More

0 : An End or a Beginning?
1 : Forced Farewell
2 : Beginning after the end
3 : New Life
4 : Adjusting
5 : Denoirs
6 : Training Buddies
7 : The Other Side
9 : Unboxing
10 : Grace and Grudge
11 : Shopping
12 : Reunion
13 : Offer
14 : To Central Academy
15 : Central Academy
16 : Tyrant's True Nature?
17 : Central Academy 2
18 : Training
19 : Relictombs
20 : First zone
21 : His potential
22 : Long Live Dicathen
23 : End of First Ascent
24 : Suffer
25 : A lighter to light his goal
26 : Cards
27 : The warning
About my other fic (lowkey promotion)
28 : Wandering around
29 : Adventurer Ath
30 : unbeknownst
31 : it begins
32 : Vegetable
33 : Where is he?
34 : Masochist Motherfucker

8 : Loots

1K 61 9
By guy_under_the_bed

Grey Vritra

I'm now inside Taegrin Caelum, Agrona's Castle walking to the tyrant's office. Seris said to me yesterday that Agrona requested me to come here because my dimension ring and something important he'll tell me about later.

“That guy really knows how to make me impatient huh."

Walking to his office in this long, wide hallway, I thought about the things that happened just this few weeks after I woke up from my deep slumber. First I talked with Agrona and knew the truth behind everything. I then reunited with Sylvia after Agrona told me she's alive. I got kicked out of the castle and had to live with an old woman. I met my first friend here who I thought at first is someone who is mean but surprisingly is quite likeable and adorable.

Arriving in front of Agrona's office I didn't knock the door and opened it without permission. I opened the door and saw Agrona on his chair. His head slumped back and a book covering his face. Probably noticing me he gently grabbed the book on his face, closed it and put it on top of his desk.

“Welcome back Grey, you arrived earlier than I thought." Agrona said with his usual smooth chilly voice.

He stood up and walked in front of me. He is just a few inches taller than me well, not counting the horns. The man knowing that I have something to say just stood there in front of me smirking annoyingly.

“Why did you call me here." I asked looking at his eyes

“Dimension ring" He replied smirking much more wider probably just to annoy me

“Just tell me what it is." I said with an annoyed voice.

“kukuku I also said that I'll tell you later."

“That later is now." I said my eyes flickering because of annoyance.

“Okay okay, follow me. You better not lose track of me again." Agrona said and eventually he again disappeared without me noticing.

“I can't understand how is he doing that I can't sense any mana. Is it a Vritra mana arts?"

I thought and walked faster to catch up to him.

“Agrona, what did you just do?" I ask him adjusting my walking oace as I just caught up to him.

“Mirage walk, Mana arts of the Pantheons. I tortured one here so he can tell me how." Agrona answered like it's just some normal thing to do.

“Can you tell me how it works?" I asked eagerly now intrigued by the technique.

“No, torture a Pantheon if you wanna know." He replied and chuckled

“I can't bel-"

“You need to balance your mana output and intake to hide your presence." Agrona cut me off annoying me again

“Yeah this guy just really wants to annoy me."

So basically mirage walk is balancing your mana output and intake. So you absorb and expel the same amount of mana at the same time. Sounds easy but is it easy to do? no not at all. I can't even control how much mana I absorbed with mana rotation.

“Any other questions?" Agrona asked looking ahead of the path we're taking.

“Can I go to school?" I simply asked the leader of this continent if it's okay if I go to school. What am I even thinking.

“Yeah? I see no problem of you going into a school." He replied still walking we're walking for atleast a few minutes now. Just how far are we suppose to walk.

“But my last name is Vritra, I don't even have horns."

“Not yet" He said, what does he mean by that. Isn't he the one who said that it's not guaranteed if I'll get horns.

“But I'm interested on why you want to go to school. Tell me" He asked me with his annoying smirk again, teasing me.

“A friend's request" I replied shortly hoping he won't press the topic even mo-

“And who's that little friend of yours?"
He pressed me sighh

Caera Denoir" I said again shortly again hoping he won't press abou-

“Hooo? Did you already took fancy of someone just 2 weeks after you woke up?" Agrona teased me again

“If I can I will punch this guy"

“Think whatever you want. But-" I stopped also stopping on my tracks.

“hmm?" Agrona hummed looking at me but still walking, just slowing his pace.

“Caera have awoken her Vritra blood. If you touch her I'll personally break you." I said continuing to walk. Agrona being a bizarre guy as always just nodded and chuckled mumbling some words i couldn't hear.

“Didn't thought you're a love at first sight kind of guy"

////

We're here." Agrona said stopping infront of a giant black metal door. We're in the basement of Taegrin Caelum where Agrona said he hides all the highest quality items and relics he has collected.

Agrona touched the door and imbued mana in it for it to open. Both of us entered at the same time and what welcomed me is a sight I didn't imagine.

“Is this really a basement? it's of a museum for me."

I thought as I look around the room. A lot of things really stood out for me. The wings, the burning feathers, horns, fangs and weapons. Agrona seeing my astonished faced chuckled and walked towards a block box in the middle of the room.

“Grey, catch" He said when he suddenly threw it towards me.

“That is yours now, treasure it and use it wisely" He said with a soft voice which shocked me.

“Can I know what's inside of this?" I asked politely not to add more crazy stuff to this crazy stuffs.

“A horn" Agrona answered and walked again at the back part of the room.

“Grey, catch again" Agrona said again and I caught two rings. One is my old dimensional ring and the other one is a black ring with a red gem on top.

“That's the highest quality of dimension rings here in Alacrya. There are only 4 of those here so keep it."

“And here's the last one, catch." Agrona yelled for me to hear him as he is now in the farthest section of the room.

I tried to catch the object but Agrona's throw is kinda short so I reached a little bit but I was too late. As it went through the floor halfway. That's when I realized what it was

“It's a sword!?"

This psychopath threw an unsheathed sword at me!? But I looked at the sword and it mesmerized me. The sword is pure black just like a Basilisk's horn. I walked to it and pulled it out the floor as I raised it up to check it.

The sword has a simple design as it has a regular styled handle, regular styled guard but the blade looks regular but if you look closely there's a gap in the middle of the blade to make it more lighter. The color of the blade is so dark it seems to absorb light.

“Good sword right? That's a Vritra heirloom but I deemed it useless as no one uses it. It's said that's made of multiple Vritra horns back in the day.
That is all the reason I called you here to give it to you, especially the horns. Absorb the Vritra mana inside and your horns will grow." Agrona explained

“Agrona can I get that?" I said pointing at the object across the room.

Looking at where I'm pointing at Agrona grinned looking at me with an interested expression.

“Very well, get it. I'll allow it because it's you." Agrona said and walked towards the exit.

I quickly grabbed the object and put in inside my new dimension ring while my old one is also inside of the new one. Before I get out of the room, I brought out the item that I got. I smiled satisfied on what I just grabbed and proud of myself.

This sword wouldn't be so bad as a gift right?"  I thought as I watch the bright red blade of the sword i just got
and it's details that's as dark as obsidian.

__________
10-27-23 no uploads tomorrow im sleepy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 285 20
***COMPLETE w/ irregular non-plot updates*** **Written by me** *Republished after taking it down* _____________________________ Hi, this is my person...
95.7K 4.2K 34
After having successfully defeated the demon Zarged, responsible for the tragedy of the Elf tribe 500 years ago with the aid of the Magic Knights of...
15.8K 1K 25
What if Sylvie was already hatched by the time Arthur fell off the cliff? Making them childhood friends and bonds before Arthur could meet Tessia. Wh...
11.5K 763 35
{Spoiler warning for entirety of The beginning after the end novel written by TurtleME93} After having been captured by scythe Nico, princess Tessia...