MIRACLE: OUR FOREVER

بواسطة lxyhans20

Samanun Anuntrakul, the cold CEO of the Royal Empire who is ignorant about love, is fated to meet the lovely... المزيد

1. SAMANUN ANUNTRAKUL
2. KORNKARMON PATRICIA ARMSTRONG
3. THE GANG
4. CONVERSATION
5. THE ARMSTRONG
6. ANOTHER 'MEETING'
7. ENCOUNTER
8. CAPTIVATED
10. DEALS
11. PARTNERS
12. DECISION
13. THE FASHION SHOW
14. SCANDAL
15. WHAT'S MINE IS YOURS
16. A DATE?
17. ONE-SIDED?
18. E-DAY!
19. RECONCILIATION
20. CONSEQUENCE
21. CHANCE
22. THE DAY! 💐
23. RECEPTION
24. DOMESTICITY

9. GUILT

1K 40 3
بواسطة lxyhans20

MON'S POV

I'm doomed.

'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Mon. You're so stupid!'

How I wish could turn back time just a little bit and take back my words. I can see how her expression crestfallen shows how affected she is by my words.

'Shit, Mon. This is why you should listen to your mother.'

Even regret is not the right word to describe how I'm feeling right now. I just can pray that she still can forgive me.

'The foul mouth of yours, Mon. Why can't you just shut up?'

If the trip away already made me suffer, the trip home was torturing me with all the guilt and regret. I wish we could just arrive home faster and get out of this uncomfortable situation.

After 30 minutes of driving, finally, the torture came to an end when she pulled out in front of my mansion. She unlocks the door, but I'm still frozen in the seat. I don't know why I can't bring myself to go out immediately. Maybe I'm still conflicting with myself about whether to apologize or not.

"Don't you want to go out?" She broke the awkwardness with her hoarse voice. Her right elbow rested on the window frame, and her fingers played with her temple with the sunglasses sitting nicely on her delicate nose. She looks so enticing to me now.

'Stop it, Mon. Now is not the time for that.'

"I'm sorry." Finally, I said it!

"For what?" She asked.

"For throwing that kind of words to you. I'm sorry I lost my composure and lashed out at you." I told her what am I sorry for.

"Nothing is wrong with speaking the truth, Mon." Her voice filled with sorrow

Now, I felt more guilty than before. I will take my mom's advice seriously from now on.

"I'm sorry too, for saying what I said before." She spoke suddenly before I managed to get out of the car.

I just nodded slightly and thanked her for the ride. I just stand there sending her car off until it's vanished from my view. I enter the mansion with a heavy heart and lazily drag my legs, which are later shocked by a sudden voice coming from the living room.

"Hey, sweetheart? Why are you coming back looking like that? I thought something good was going to happen, but it seemed like the opposite of it?" Mrs. Pohn asked curiously.

"Mom, do you have Sam's number?"

"Eh?? Are you going out together for so long but didn't even exchange numbers?" Mrs. Pohn was shocked.

"Mom, I think this daughter of yours just did something terrible," I whined to her and took a seat next to her. I told her everything that happened at the park to my mom.

"MON! Oh my...what did you just say to her?? Mon that's too harsh, and don't ever think that 'sorry' will make up for everything." Mrs. Pohn scolded her and sighed before she continued.

"Mon, knowing Sam, I can assure you that she is going to take your words to heart." I turned to my mom, shocked and confused by her statement.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you expect, Mon? She lost both of her parents at 8 years old, and now both of her sisters left the family to have their own life. There's only her and her grandmother left in the mansion. Now, in what part of the situation do you think she will not take it into her heart?" Mrs. Pohn clarified her statement and was still disappointed with her daughter's careless action.

I leaned back and was speechless after listening to my mom, feeling more guilty. I'm beyond guilty.

'Shit, what have I done? What should I do now? Think Mon, think. This is the result of not thinking before talking, Mon. You better learn after this.'

"So, do you have her number, Mom?" I straight up my back and asked my Mom again.

"I do, I will send it to you later." Mrs Pohn sighed while squinting her eyes.

"Yes, thank you, mom! You become my saviour again." I throw my body hugging her.

"Remember! Don't let your feelings control your actions ever again." She hugged me and stroked my back slowly.

"I promise!" I promise her and rush to my room to freshen up.

Mrs. Pohn just shook her head, looking at her daughter's behaviour. She sighed again before proceeding to send Sam's contact number to Mon. She will just let the two solve their conflict on their own since both of them are already an adult.

In the bedroom, Mon is just lying down on her stomach while going through her phone after finishing taking a bath. She's still in a dilemma about whether to text Sam or not.

"What should I say to her? Should I introduce myself first? How to start, huh? Argh." She buried her face on the pillow.

"Since when is it so hard to text someone?" She was frustrated with herself.

"Okay, Mon relax...you got this!" She mumbled to herself. She takes a deep breath, and....

"Send!" She throws her phone away from her after she's done clicking the send button.

SAM'S POV.

I'm reviewing the reports on our new project in my office at my penthouse when I receive a notification from my phone. It's kinda rare for me to receive a notification from that phone, especially this late at night since that phone is exclusively used for the family and the gang, but mostly the gang.

'What do they want this late at night?'

I frowned, reaching for my phone, expecting the message coming from the gang's group chat, but my guess was wrong when an unknown number greeted my view. The wrinkles on my eyebrows become more obvious.

[unknown number] Did you get home safely?

I wait for a while, assuming maybe the person will introduce themselves. But, it's been almost 5 minutes, and there's still no sign of an incoming message, so I just replied to it.

Who are you? Wrong number, I guess? [Sam]

[unknown number] No, this is your number. I have checked multiple times already.

Then, who are you? [Sam]

[unknown number] You have arrived home safely, I guess. Since you're still not answering my question, I will just answer myself.

And you still not answering my question, too?! [Sam]

Sam types angrily since the person gets on her nerves.

[unknown number] Come on, Sam. You're kinda slow for a CEO. Why don't you just save my number since I have saved yours? My profile will just pop up there!

'Shit, why I never thought of that.'

I immediately save the number, and the profile picture pops up on the chat header. 'Mon!?' What did this kid want in the middle of the night?

And what's wrong with you to answer my simple question? It's the basic manner, though, FOR A CEO! [Sam]

[Mon] There's no fun if I just simply answer it.

I'm not looking for anything fun right now at the moment, at this late of night! What do you want? This is not your playground to play, especially for kids like you who need to sleep early for growth. So, please just go to sleep if you have nothing important to do with me. I didn't apply for any job for babysitting. [Sam]

[Mon] YOU!! You know what, Sam? YOU'RE SUCH PAIN IN THE ASS!!

Say someone who is looking for my attention in the middle of the night... [Sam]

[Mon] Can you be serious for once, Sam?

You're the one that is looking for some fun just now? You're not now? [Sam]

[Mon] Okay, okay. I'm sorry, can we be serious now?

I've never been this serious in my life, Mon. I'm seriously serious now. [Sam]

[Mon] Sam..

Okay. What do you want from me, Ms Kornkarmon Armstrong? [Sam]

[Mon] Are you free on Monday? Is it possible for a lunch appointment?

Are you trying to court me already? [Sam]

[Mon] SAM! Please, you're too full of yourself.

Then, what's the need for the appointment? Can't you stop beating the bush? I'm still working here.[Sam]

[Mon] You're still working on the weekend and this late at night? Seriously, Sam don't you have a life?

We will stop if you're here just to judge my life [Sam]

There's only a few seconds after there's an incoming call....from Mon. I immediately pick up.

"Hmmm.." I just mumbled as I picked up the phone. "What do you want, Ms. Armstrong?" I continued as there was still silence on the other line.

"Hi."

"Hi.." A deja vu hits Sam as she remembers their first phone call in her office, and again, the calm voice manages to wreck her heartbeat.

"Well, I just need the lunch appointment for our project. You said that you had already signed it. But, I asked my PA just now there's nothing received from Royale Empire. So, we need to discuss whether you still want to go on with this project or not. If not, I need to immediately book a meeting with Paragon Mall.."

"NO!" I almost screamed. "I mean no, we still want to proceed with the collaboration. If not, I will not sign it. So, okay, I will spare my time on Monday. Just let me know the meeting place."

"How do I know you will show up this time?"

There's a moment of silence in both lines.

"I will come to your office then." I decided.

"You-are you serious?"

"If that can ensure you, besides, you don't have to travel and spend your energy or time if I happen to not show up again, right? Deal?"

"Okay, It's a deal then..and I'm sorry for today.."

"I already forgive you.."

"But still..."

"It's okay, I already forgive you. Besides, I'm the one that is actually at fault. I'm sorry I didn't show up to our meeting two times. I'm terrible isn't it?" I chuckled.

"Nah, I understand there's a lot on your plate. It must be hard to handle everything alone, right?"

"How do you know I handle everything alone?"

"Well, my Mom told me. I received an earful nagging after she knew what I said to you. She knocks some sense into me."

"Oh, you tell her everything?" I am quite impressed with their closeness.

"Yeah, I tell her everything that happened in my life, and she somewhat becomes my best advisor, and when I tell her what happened between us, she always backs me up. It's kinda annoying, you know. Sometimes I doubt myself, am I her daughter? But, after what happened today, I really should take her advice seriously so that I don't regret it later."

Sam has been smiling and listening to Mon rambling about her mother. "It must be great to have a mother, right?" I unconsciously let the thought out of my mouth.

"Sam..I'm sorry! I didn't mean to.."

"No, no, Mon. It was just my thought, nothing deep. Besides, it's been so long already. It's okay, you don't have to be sorry about it." I cut her off, afraid of making her feel guilty again.

"It's late, you're not sleepy?" I continued changing the topic.

"No...it's kinda good talking to you like this."

I blushed hearing her statement. "Really?"

"Yes, if you choose not to be the pain in the ass."

"Well, if you don't start."

"Enough..don't try to initiate it."

I chuckled at her warning.

"That's it, I think I need to go. Have a good night, Sam. Don't work too hard on the weekend, save it for later it's already late."

"Yeah, you too have a good night. Bye."

"Bye."

I wait for her to hang up first before putting my phone down. It's been a long time since I have had this kind of conversation. It's nice to loosen u a bit, and I'm surprisingly listen to her advice when I bring myself to bed and leave my work immediately after the phone call.

'Did she have this kind of effect on me already?'

To be continued...

*

*

*

P/s: Sorry for those who wait 🙏🏻 Thank you for reading, and please feel free to leave some comments. ❤️❤️❤️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

58.2K 1.8K 31
Mon was in a toxic relationship and she can't seem to break apart from it, until she got the courage to break it off and she was devastated and broke...
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
The Devil's Origin بواسطة Lia

الخيال (فانتازيا)

91.9K 3.1K 75
When I woke up, I became the Demon King!? It's my responsibility as the Demon King to increase the monster population, and the only way to do that is...
132K 5.5K 46
In the rise of the star, the 25-years old notorious actress (Becky) has already encountered problems, which ruin her reputation as a celebrity. Howev...