Titan Turn; A TDS Story

By OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 39

180 4 21
By OK1610

TW: Blood (a little); Violence (...abuse??)

Frost Spirit felt his stomach grumble, he hadn't eaten properly today and it was starting to show it's real consequences. The dinner serving had already begun in the cafeteria but with no elder to accompany them he wasn't going in there. Too many Towers all in the same place, all staring at them every time they did as much as enter through the door...it felt like a trap...like someone would try to snap their necks the moment they even sat down... He despised having to look over his shoulder every time he strolled down the halls or just breathed for that matter... But he knew Ducky and Molten were hungry too and it was about half time someone found Sinister so they could finally be able to eat in peace.
In his search, he trudged past the soldiers' dorms, keeping his head low with his hood draped over it. He really didn't want to interact with anyone right now...or to meet up with any Towers.. Because he couldn't find Sinister in his room and he couldn't be in the infirmary since he was coming from there, that left Void and Swordmaster's quarters as a final place to look for him.

Right as he was about to knock at the door, he heard some commotion coming from behind. Frost peaked through the keyhole, he could see two figures hiding behind it. One to the side, barely visible and another turned with his back towards him, fiddling with something... The silhouettes looked familiar...but the light in the room dimmed out their details.. For a minute it felt way too quiet and instinctively the young man stopped his breathing. Being caught would make things way too awkward for his liking....Soon enough, the discussion began, Frost Spirit carefully studying the present voices.. One seemed to be the higher pitched southern accent of his uncle, Sinister...and the other deeper, more baritone like coming from his grandfather Void... He closed in once again, right as Sinister lead the conversation.

"...Aight', you took me away from helping the lady and you brought me here, for wha'?"

Silence.. Void Reaver wasn't even glancing towards him, he just kept playing with the glass on his desk.
Good Creator, this really felt like he was a child again...like he was waiting to be yelled at for another prank he pulled... Except then, it was funny.. He was happy...Man, he missed those times..Now it felt like the calm before the storm...It was unnerving and strange.. He didn't know what to expect, especially after the last few meetings when they have been at each other's throat each time... At least there were people there... To stop them in case things got out of hand... Sinister grimaced as the memories of Fallen flooded back to him... His older brother... on the floor of his own room, clutching his arm, with blood seeping down...What the heck did Void do to him that night? And why didn't he bother to check on Fallen ever since? Creator how dumb could he be...Was the same fate awaiting him perhaps? A wound as a gift from his adoptive father?

Sinister snapped his head up as Void turned around, it almost felt like he was reading his mind by pure reaction alone.. The elder leaned back on the wooden desk, still not looking his son in the eye.

"... I know you were the one behind Swordmaster's change of heart."

The younger Titan was taken aback, he stared at his father, trying to process his words, "... Wha'?"

"You heard me well, Sinister. I know you and the little Medic have been planning things behind my back."

"The heck ya' talking about?!"

Void Reaver scoffed as he stood up, "Ohhhh, Sinister stop acting like a naive child! You think I wouldn't notice my own partner's changed demeanor? That all of a sudden he wished to perform the incantation after weeks of denying it?! Surely, the tiny Tower couldn't have convinced him all on her own! You know well he doesn't change his mind that easily unless.." he paused taking a deep breath, his expression darkening as he finally locked eyes with his son,
" ...Unless the two of you were threatening him.."

Sinister continued to stare at his parent, mouth agape at his bold accusation, " You two really went senile... Wha' in the world is wrong with ya'?!!? The hell would I even threathen that old geezer?! I haven't even spoken to 'im in the last few days!! Let alone convince him to do anythin' !"

Void felt his anger boil up again, if he ever hated one thing.. It was betrayal. "Sinister, stop it. Whoever convinced him and how is not the point! What matters is you went behind my back. I told you to stay away from that stupid portal and you disobeyed me!"

"I am NOT A DAMN CHILD ANYMORE!! I DON' HAVE TA' EXPLAIN MYSELF TO YA'!"

The older man straightened up at his son's ear piercing yell. He huffed, barely keeping his surging emotions under control...if one of his troops ever acted towards him like this, it was off with their head, no excuse... His lover was right, maybe he did start going too soft on his sons... They were becoming more and more disobedient... And frankly, he was getting sick and tired of it...

Without another word, Void walked forward, making Sinister back away.
The look on his father's face was nothing less of sheer cold, the same way he would look towards an enemy right as he was about to end them...a look he was now giving to his own son. He grabbed the younger Titan by the arms, pinning them against his back tightly.

"HEY! GET OFF OF ME!"

Frost gasped, quickly covering his mouth with his hands. He stumbled away from the door, only listening to the sounds of struggle coming from behind. Sinister kept screaming as Void threw him on the ground, holding him down.

"THE HELL ARE YOU DOIN'?!"

The elder pressed his knee on his son's back to keep him in place as he kept squirming to free himself. Sinister could feel the air being pushed out of his lungs, the pressure wasn't enough to break his bones but it sure was enough to leave some harsh bruises. Void grabbed his nearby cape from the hanger, folding it. He quickly began tying the man's arms and legs as Sinister agressively protested trying to push him off.

"HEY! LET GO OF ME!"

Upon finishing, Reaver gave his child one last glare, "I tried to explain to you nicely that the portal is dangerous... That it should never be activated again for everyone's sake...", he leaned closer to his son's face as he spat, his eyes glowing a dim pink, "They are gone, Sinister... They are not coming back... But you never listen...So, you leave me no choice."

Sinister closed his eyes, clenching his teeth, waiting for something to hit him.. but instead he heard the door click open. He watched in shock as his father left the room, his nephew crawling away from the older Titan in fear. Frost locked eyes with his uncle, terror plastered on his face as he kept hearing Void's thundering footsteps despart down the hall. The moment the elder left his line of sight, Frost was still shaken up by the events that unfolded before his eyes..

Another door close to them opened, Medic and Swordmaster popping out of the former's office.. The man rushed next to him and helped him off the floor, "Child, why are you on the floor? What are looking at-"

He turned to see Sinister, ripping at his bounds. He sighed as he hurried over to help him, "Oh, Good Creator.."

Sinister frantically yelled as the elder approached him, "There is no time for tha' !! Go after Void he is planning to do somethin' with that portal!"

As the words registered in his mind, Frost Spirit dashed down the hall to find his grandfather, Medic following him not far behind. His heart was pounding against his chest... He had only ever heard tales of his elder's cruelty... Pair that up with whatever fight he may have had with uncle Fallen and...it might not seem as impossible for him to want Fallen gone... Or even worse...dead.
Was their grandfather really the monster, Towers made him out to be? Because as of right now, it sure does seem like it... First uncle Fallen, now he tackles uncle Sinister? Slamming him against the floor..?! Would he do the same to him if he intervened between them?...W-Would he?
The young man ran faster and faster, rounding corner after corner, barely catching sight of his grandfather outside on the training ground through an open window.. He really was on his way to the garage...He wouldn't... Surely he wouldn't... Not now... Not when they were so close to reuniting their family... So close to..maybe just...maybe seeing his father again... He can't let that happen... He can't let Void Reaver destroy the portal!

He rushed out onto the field almost knocking down a poor recruit coming in with a box of supplies. He yelped a quick "Sorry!" as he ran past him, he could still see a glimpse of his grandfather's figure entering the garage. The boy heard the Engineer yell something towards Void as he sped down the stairs. He arrived just in time to see his grandfather prepare to smash the portal with his bare hands, unleashing some of his power as a Titan, pink pulsing veins covering his arms and neck. The young man rushed in front of him, grabbing him by his hands as he screamed.

"GRANDFATHER, STOP! PLEASE... Please just stop!

He locked eyes with his elder, feeling a shiver run down his spine as the man's eyes showed nothing but anger. They glowed a bright pink with no remains of a pupil inside. Frost couldn't even see his reflection in them... He didn't even seem to recognise him...not even be moved by his grandson's dismay. Frost wanted to plead him to cease his agression, to explain that this portal was the only way to see their family again but he couldn't...the words were stuck in his throat as his hands shook against Void's power. He had hyper strength as a Titan as well but it was nothing compared to his grandfather's. He felt overwhelmed, he was scared... scared...of the man that used to read him bedtime stories... They kept each other in a stare down, Medic arriving at the scene. When Void finally had enough of his grandson's opposition, with a mighty blow, he sent him flying back right into a stack of boxes next to the portal. Medic watched in horror as Frost's limp body hit the floor with a loud thud, crashing between the crates of gears and tools. She sprinted to his side as the young man groaned in pain. Blood was streaming down his temple and eye. A deep cut forming above his eyebrow with several bruises adorning his face and most likely his body. She held him close, examining the wound. She heard the multiple steps coming down the staircase followed by a huge *CRASH* coming from behind her.

Sinister yelled out to his father as the Titan ripped out the brand new generator from the gateway's side. He smashed it against the wall, tearing away the support beams and cables of the build. The younger Titan pulled him back by the arms, screaming at him from the top of his lungs to stop. However, the elder didn't even flinch at his intervention. He pushed Sinister away, smacking him against the ground, ripping apart the portal bit by bit. The crystal atop shattering on the ground from the impact. He tried breaking the metal frame but it proved too difficult, his strength barely dented it. Nothing unheard of, since this was a magical object after all. He finally took a few steps back to observe his work, taking in some deep breaths as exhaustion was overcoming him. He felt his power blow out like a candle, and for a second he couldn't even recall what had happened until he saw Sinister's tear stained face. He heard his son cry out again, swearing that he will never forgive him, that he was a murderer.. Void didn't understand, his mind was fuzzy, he did what he had to do to protect his remaining family, why was he the monster? He glanced behind, locking eyes with a shaking Ducky, who's own eyes kept bouncing from person to person. Void followed his line of sight to see Frost bleeding on the ground, eyeing him in terror... Why... Why was his grandson bleeding?... He wanted the portal destroyed what happened to..? No.. It couldn't have been him... But the look on his face..."What have I done?!"

Void rushed out of the building as Sinister continued cussing him out.
Swordmaster hoisted the Titan off of the ground, "I.. I don't who told Void about the incantation or what's gotten into him.. I- haven't said a word..." was all he whispered quietly before he hurried off after his partner.

Medic felt tears running down her cheeks... Her future husband...their child gone... Actually gone...
She swiftly brushed them away, feeling Frost Spirit cling onto her, a tremble moving his frozen body. She hugged back the boy, as he cried, his blood staining her white coat.
They were so close...so close to opening the portal...but that chance was gone...They were gone.

Medic tried to pull herself together, ordering the soldiers who came in to clean the mess. She glanced towards a distraught Engineer, picking up the pieces left of the portal and studying the damage. She turned back to Frost coaxing him to hold onto her and stand up slowly.

"Easy now... It will be o-ok." she whispered, though she didn't really believe those words either.

Ducky Doom came over to them, but Frost didn't even raise his head up from the ground too look at him. The young man was in shock, Medic could tell easily, she had seen it in many patients. She tried her best to keep a steady voice as she spoke, "Hun, how about you go check on y-your uncle while I take your cousin to the infirmary, hm?"

Between shallow breaths and ungoing tears the boy asked, "Is... Is he ok??

"He will be, sweetie. He will be.."
She gave him a small smile, wrapping an arm around Frost as she helped him walk up the stairs. The young man still not fully back to reality.

Ducky leaped into his uncle's arms as Sinister made his way over to him. The man kneeled, embracing the child tightly as he cried. He felt the boy's tears wet his shirt, pressing his forehead against his son's to comfort him. First Krampus, now Fallen and Gravedigger... He had hope at first... He really did... They could have done it... They could have saved them.. But it all shattered right before his very eyes.. Fights and arguements be damned, they just lost their family... Medic lost hers too... She watched as a Titan ruined her entire life...He took away her most important people...
Maybe they really were the monsters after all... Sinister brushed Ducky's hair away from his face, shaky breaths escaping him as he tried to compose himself. They were alone, now.. Poor Molten was an orphan now... And Sinister wasn't planning on leaving him behind... if Frost Spirit was up for it, they were leaving as soon as possible. He shakily stood up, wrapping his coat around Ducky, leading him away from the scene. He felt like the sky just fell on his head... That a part of his world just ended.. Yet, he had to be strong, his son and nephews were couting on him now more than ever...

Near the exit, a figure was leaning against the wall, scanning them over. Sinister didn't think much of it, after all that happened today he would be surprised if the Towers didn't wage war for stranding their Commander.
The two Titans passed him without making eye contact despite the figure's purple eye never leaving them. The man kept his eye on them until they left, he grabbed his handheld transceiver from his belt, clicking the button.

"Madam, everything went according to plan. The portal has been destroyed, I repeat, the portal has been destroyed."

He took his finger off the button, waiting for a response. A female voice soon came through.

"Ahh, fantastic! Good to know Void's little anger issues still get the better of him even after all this time!"

"Madam V, I've been meaning to ask. With the portal in pieces, how are you going to get back?"

"Oooh, don't you worry your little head about that, my dear Accelerator!" she giggled, "This is simply an obstacle I wish to see if the boy can overcome it! There is no need for both portals to be in tip top shape... A stronger spell can well enough activate them both!"

"If you say so, Madam, V. Then I am inclined to believe succes will soon knock at your door. You should have seen the Void family's faces watching their dear elder tear apart their only hope for finding the missing ones"

She laughed, "I am sure it was delightful! You can describe it to me in detail later... But I have to go now, there is still a part of the plan I need to put in motion... How could my little protagonist know what challenges await him if I don't hint at them?"

The man nodded, "Very well, Madam. I wish you a good night."

And with that, Accelerator flicked the transceiver off, putting it back on his leather belt. He sighed, taking in the beautifully cloudy night sky. His moment was soon interrupted by Mortar yelling after him. He scoffed, putting on his best friendly attitude as he walked over to check the damage.

.

.

.

.....

.

.

Gravedigger twisted and turned in his bed, sleep not wanting to give him peace. He had been having nightmare after nightmare and this night was no different. Sometimes his night terrors had to do with Void Caster toying with him, other times they were just normal dreams... The day he escaped the military's grasp, the avalanche that almost got his father killed...
You know, the usual...

Altough the last one had been normal, this one was not. He could recognise the pink haze that clouded his vision. But this time, he wasn't back in that odd cave, he wasn't anywhere actually... There were images taking shape before his eyes... He could see..
The base...soldiers running around in a frenzy.. The garage...was that...the portal? Why.. Why was it in pieces? Were they working on it?... Is.. Is that Void Reaver?... Frost Spirit what was he? No.. NO. FROST! What?! Why was Void destroying the portal?! Does he not want them back?! Uncle Sinister?!
Every moment from Frost's injury to Ducky's comforting flashed before him as he watched helplessly..

At the end, when the vision started to fade and he felt himself stirring awake, he heard a voice ring in his ears, "Let the game begin, my little Sebastian."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Author's note: Our longest chapter yet with over 3k words! And my, what a wild ride it was! I hope you enjoy the more 'dramatic' tone this time around and I will see you all in two weeks, back to our regular schedule!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 144 16
DJ is a new recruit to the TDS team and he has made one thing his mission: get Commander to crack.
4.1K 198 18
What happens when a squad of military-trained personnel are notified to a near frozen research station by a distress signal? What happens when the re...
1.6K 81 9
DISCONTINUED TILL FURTHER NOTICE I decided to discontinue this book for now since I have no drive to finish at the moment. It has been nearly a year...
9.8K 111 11
"You are my complete opposite.. Talkative, handsome, extrovert... Why am I getting feelings for you..?" ---------- Fros...