Sweet Love (NG5)

By pseudoannie

(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't li... More

Sweet Love
1 - No Hailey
2 - Virginia
3 - Family
4 - Home
5 - Secret
6 - The best two
7 - Nick
8 - Duty
9 - Spring break
10 - Rumors
11 - Kitty Kat
12 - Pops
13 - The Point
14 - Her dream
15 - Blacklisted
16 - Maine
17 - Retired
18 - The same
19 - New boss
20 - Change
21 - Secrets
22 - New
23 - Double agent
24 - The man
25 - Offense
26 - Limited
27 - Vacation
28 - Friends
29 - Chef to chef
30 - Womb mate
31 - Just friends
32 - Happiness
33 - Again
34 - Self centered
35 - For good
36 - Merry Christmas
37 - Tickets
38 - No secrets
39 - BFF
40 - Number four
41 - Tequila
42 - Chef
43 - Break
44 - Now
45 - Love
46 - Timing
47 - Yelp
48 - Venti
49 - Helpless
50 - Team
51 - Blah, blah, blah
52 - Commencement
53 - Favor
54 - After all
56 - Can't
57 - March

55 - Everyone

648 137 33
By pseudoannie

JUNE

Nick had been home for a month, and he and Ivy were spending a lot of time together. They worked together and hung out after work with Sophie and sometimes Ben and Keira. Sophie had started working where she had her internship. Nick predicted she would pick up shifts to earn some extra money, but it was her first professional job and she was getting some experience.

So far Nick hadn't kissed Ivy, but he wanted to. His definition of taking it slow frustrated himself, but it scared him because once he started, he might never want to stop. She wasn't like Trinity. Trinity wasn't like Trinity anymore. He talked to her more than he had the summer before when they were actually dating.

It was a warm day for early June and Nick and Ivy walked to the beach after work. Warm meant people enjoying the beach which led to a dinner rush. Their shift had been busy, but they could handle it. Kat came down to check on them, but they sent her up to Will.

Nick smiled. It was nice to see them together. Kat had jumped up and down and then cried when Will bought her the cottage her grandmother owned. Nick didn't know what they were going to do with it. Will had his condo, but he had practically moved into the apartment upstairs.

Once they hit the sand, Ivy linked her fingers around his. They had held hands before, but it felt different. Nick looked around; it was still light so people could see them. Her mother could walk by with the dog. His grandmother could be on one of her speed walks. Abbie could be hanging out with her friends, but it was a school night, and she had a report to write.

"Let's sit."

Nick nodded and pulled her to the edge of the dunes. When he felt his phone vibrate, he tried not to look at it, but responsibility won out.

"Is it her?"

Nick nodded. "She has no one." It was an exaggeration. She had her parents, counselor, and a support group. "She was so close to her sorority friends, but she has cut them out. It's like she wants to erase her school experience."

"Except you."

"Yeah, I wish she never came to me, but I'm glad she did. I have to help her, but I don't know how."

Ivy squeezed his hand. "Sometimes you are too good of a guy."

"Is there such a thing?"

"Yes, you talk to her everyday when you could be kissing me. But you refuse to kiss me because you don't want to hurt me. Nick, if you ever reject me, it will hurt. If you date someone else, it would kill me. I'm not Sophie."

Even Nick couldn't understand how Sophie managed the on-again off-again relationship with Kevin especially when Kevin took another girl to the prom.

"No one is like Sophie. Maybe she never really liked Kevin."

"I don't know, but it doesn't matter. He's not coming home this summer."

Nick shook his head. "He must miss surfing and his family. We don't keep up. He's always too busy."

Ivy leaned into him. "It's hard when you lose touch with a friend. Ben said it's the same with him."

Nick nodded. He and Ben had talked about it. Nick's phone buzzed again. He answered it despite Ivy's frown.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

"Did you see the news?"

"I was at work."

"He pleaded not guilty. I know he's guilty."

"That's what they do so it will go to trial."

She sobbed. "I don't want to testify."

"The evidence will prove his guilt." It took a long time for the DNA results to come out.

Two seagulls were calling to each other. I've got a fish. I've got some garbage some uncaring human left behind. Another said I pooped on their head. He and Sophie used to chase the birds.

"Where are you?" Trinity asked.

"The beach with Ivy." Ivy looked at him.

"Your sister's friend?"

"She's my friend." He put his arm around her and pulled her close.

"You didn't tell her?"

Nick paused. "I didn't have to. Trin, I was on Facetime with her when you showed up. She knows, but she's trustworthy. I trust her completely."

"She's the one. You like her!"

Nick looked into Ivy's eyes. "Yeah, I like her a lot."

Ivy stifled a gasp. On the phone, Trinity was talking but his focus was on her expressive brown eyes.

Trinity said, "I guess you need to go."

"Yeah, but I'll check in with you later." They didn't do all night calls anymore.

Ivy whispered. "You told her."

He smirked. "What did I tell her?"

She pushed his shoulder. "About us. You like me."

"I like you, but I'm..."

"Scared. I know, but it makes it exciting. Think of Will and Kat. Their love was stronger than the hurt. There are tons of couples who overcame difficulties. Your parents."

"I don't want to talk about them." He moved his face close to Ivy's. She licked her lips and just the sight of her pink tongue caused a twitch in his pants. He reminded himself it wasn't like his first night with Trinity. A kiss or two would not lead to sex. He respected her too much. He loved her too much.

Unable to hold back his lips brush softly against hers. She leaned into his lips and they moved in sync, tasting and teasing. With his hand on the small of her back, he pulled her closer. His body forgot she was a nice girl. When their tongues met, she moaned, and he intensified the kiss.

When they finally came up for air, his heart pounded. Ivy looked at him. "Please don't tell me it was a mistake."

He shook his head. "Not a mistake." He kissed her again. They stayed on the beach kissing until the sun disappeared behind them.

When his phone buzzed, Ivy said, "Don't."

But he looked at it. "It's Sophie. She wants to know why neither of us came home from work."

"Tell her we're on the beach. She'll know."

Nick shut his eyes. His twin knew before he had. "Does she know you like me?"

Ivy laughed. "Everyone knows I like you."

"Everyone? Your mother?" She nodded. "My mother?"

She gave him the eye. He laughed. If Kristi knew then his mother knew, and his father, and the list went on.

He sighed. "I suppose we can't keep this to ourselves."

Ivy laughed. "Nope."

They walked home hand in hand. "Do you want to come in and face Sophie with me?"

She giggled. "No. Call me when you wake up."

Nick nodded and stood on the street until she disappeared inside. When he opened the door Sophie bounced. "Long walk?"

His father chuckled from in front of the TV. Nick checked the score. "What do you know?" He lashed at his father.

"What happens when you stop walking on the beach?"

"Talking."

"In my day we called it kissing."

Nick felt warm. "Pete, leave him alone. Nick, honey, are you happy?"

"Yeah. I'm great with everyone in my business."

"Come on, Nick. Lighten up. You two have been flirting for years."

He looked at his womb mate. Had they? He liked to tease her, but thought he was acting like an older brother. Maybe he didn't realize it.

Sophie continued. "Now you are home for good, it makes sense."

Nick wanted to remind her that Ivy had another year in New Hampshire, but that obstacle wasn't anything compared to what Kat and Will faced. Buffalo was a lot farther and Will didn't have weekends off. Kat had already talked to Nick about covering for her when she traveled.

He reminded her. "I can't bake or make soup."

She smiled. "I can teach you. Your sister wants to learn."

"Maybe you should hire a baker."

She shrugged. "Maybe."

Unlike with Ivy, their long distance wasn't for one school year. Will could play another ten years. Ten years, Nick would be thirty-two. Would he be married to Ivy? Would he have a baby? Would Will?

Nick had seen Cole and Anna's baby. He was sweet. He remembered going to the hospital when Abbie was born. The memories were foggy, but they were a family.

The following week, Nick missed Ivy, but she had the night off. Kat was working. "Where's Will?"

"Probably catching the ball on the beach. Where's Ivy?"

"Probably watching Will."

"With his fans." Buffalo fans had come to The Point. It was nuts but good for business. Kat had taught Will how to take orders and serve coffee. They even posted on social media pictures of Will working behind the counter. The Landing accounts linked the wide receiver's accounts. No more secrets.

Nick laughed. "What are you serving on Saturday night?"

She smiled. "I've been thinking about that. Since Mike and Lana will be singing outside, it isn't a date night."

"It's always families in the summer."

"I'm making pizza."

Nick laughed. "Does Will know?" He deepened his voice and mocked, "We're not Dominos!"

Kat laughed. "He knows, and he trusts me."

Nick's phone buzzed. Kat asked, "Ivy?"

He shook his head. "No. I need to take this."

"Go ahead. I'll finish cleaning the grill, then we can walk to the beach."

"Trin, what's up?"

"He changed his plea."

Nick let out a long breath. "That's good, right? You don't have to testify."

"Did you know sexual battery means rape?"

Nick smiled. Her use of the nasty four letter word showed improvement. "No, but I know you will be okay. You are getting the help you need."

"Thanks Nick."

"I'm still working."

"Nick, are you happy with Ivy?"

"I really am." He wanted to say she'd find someone, but she had a long process of healing ahead. "I'll talk to you later."

When he stepped out of the backroom, Kat frowned at him. "Ivy trusts you?"

He sighed. "She knows who I was talking to and why. Don't worry." Ivy was too nice to get jealous over Trinity. Nick knew it made a huge difference that she heard Trin that awful night.

When they reached the crowd on the beach, Nick walked over to Ivy and hugged her. "Are you okay?"

He nodded. "As awful as it is, I'm so glad it wasn't you. He pleaded out."

"How is she?"

"Okay. Relieved, maybe."

She squeezed him. "Will's doing great."

Nick watched as Will caught the ball. When he ran back, he scooped up Kat and kissed her.

Nick had a sense that everything would work out fine for both couples.

Thanks for voting ⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 312 29
Pessimistic Stephanie Thorne and her family just moved to a new town, and she's counting on a fresh start. Struggling to get settled, things began t...
984 34 51
WARNING!!! CONTAINS ADULT THEMES THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!! 18++++++ New town... New school... The po...
4.3K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
19.2K 376 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...