Chaotic Power (A Mario Movie...

By JadeSylvinaVA

After Sonic's latest adventure, Tom and Maddie decide to take him on vacation in Brooklyn where the blue blur... More

Character Info
Teaser
Official Trailer
Official Clip
"Smash" TV Spot
Official Clip 2
Final Trailer
Official Cover
Chapter 1: The Start of a New Order
Chapter 2: Life In Green Hills
Chapter 3: Tails' Birthday
Chapter 4: Condolences and Surprises
Chapter 5: A Trip to Brooklyn
Chapter 6: Badnik Attack
Chapter 7: Friends with a Plumber
Chapter 8: The Doctor and the King
Chapter 9: Metal General
Chapter 10: A Star Is Stolen
Chapter 11: A Day in Brooklyn
Chapter 12: Hellhounds and Injuries
Chapter 13: Down the Pipe
Chapter 14: Captured and Claimed
Chapter 15: Escaping an Encounter
Chapter 16: A Dangerous Forest of Fungus
Chapter 17: The Kingdom's Princess
Chapter 18: Bonding with Peach
Chapter 19: Koopa Attack!
Chapter 20: Confronting a Heartless King
Chapter 21: Kidnapped!!!
Chapter 22: Let the Adventure Begin!
Chapter 23: Bad First Greetings
Chapter 24: Looking for Answers
Chapter 25: Storytelling in the Fire Flowers
Chapter 27: Fighting the Mad Doctor
Chapter 28: The Kong Kingdom's Hospitality
Chapter 29: The Tale of The Fallen Queen
Chapter 30: The Great Ring of Kong!
Chapter 31: Karts!
Chapter 32: Disaster on Rainbow Road!
Chapter 33: Hopeless Heroes
Chapter 34: Amends Inside an Eel
Chapter 35: Wedding Gone Horribly Wrong
Chapter 36: Battlefield
Chapter 37: Back In Brooklyn!
Chapter 38: Bowser's Embarrassing Defeat
Chapter 39: At Court and Leaving New York
Chapter 40: The Start of a New Beginning

Chapter 26: Sonic's Discovery and Getaway

562 17 12
By JadeSylvinaVA

(Third Person POV)

Sleep was restless, and nightmares grew. Sonic was worried about Mario, Peach, and his family. He just wanted to go back home where everything made sense. Where the turtles weren't cruel, where the animals didn't try to harm you, or where the plants tried to kill him! He desperately just wanted to get out of this hellish situation. He wake up to the sound of Ethan the crimson Wisps' voice to hear him singing a soft melody.

I'd rather be
Free, free, free
Free, free, free...
From here...

Sonic slowly gets up and joins Ethan next to the small couch in the parlor room. Picking the wisp up and holding him in his arms that are now covered in bandages.

"Yeah. I wanna be free too. Mom and Luigi already tried but failed a bunch. I'm probably the only one fast enough to get out of this place. But I need more evidence. What did that note say?" Sonic said.

Ethan looked concerned about the hedgehog.

"Sonic, you really wanna take the risk?" He asked.

"Yes, even if it kills me." Sonic replied.

"Okay. But first..."

Ethan pulls out a handmade bag from under the giant royal bed.

"You're gonna need this. I last saw the four Chaos Emeralds in Kamek's potion room so you gotta be sneaky." Ethan informed.

Sonic takes the bag and stuff the music box he found, his birth mom's ring bands, and he takes off the bandages, gloves, and shoes and stuffs them in the bag. He knew there wasn't any room for the sword so here had to be a scabbard lying around in Bowser's room somewhere. Before he could even go and sneak out, they hear Bowser singing "Peaches" again at six in the morning no less! The singing made Sonic cover his ears since the lyrics were disgusting to hear. Maddie and Luigi covered their ears too.

"Ugh! He's been singing that song for two hours! How can he keep going?!" Luigi complained.

"I swear he's louder every morning!" Maddie adds.

"Hang on I'll talk to him. Maybe I can distract him long enough for Sonic to grab the emeralds. I did see Kamek talking to Eggman earlier." Ethan said.

"Sounds like a plan! After that I'll find more clues in Bowser's room."

~~~

Rubbing his eyes, Ethan floats to the throne room. Fed up with Bowser's singing, the wisp busts the door open despite being so small.

"HEY! Shut up! Half of us are still sleeping!" Ethan whined.

Angered, Bowser huffed in response to Ethan.

"Ethan..... you disrupted my fantasy..." Bowser growled.

"I don't care about your sick fantasies, dude! Me and Sonic are trying to get some sleep and you singing is annoying us all... and disgusting us too."

Not turning to even look at the Wisp, Bowser slams the piano cover shut.

"Listen garden gnome, I don't care about your sleep or Sonic's. What I do care is that he'll become my child so I can revive the promise I made with my last love. Just as long as he doesn't figure out the truth, I won't have to use force." Bowser said.

"Bowser, I will not let you imprison Sonic here. He is not even your child. In time he'll remember the truth." Ethan warned.

The wisp flies out of the throne room. Once he is caught by some guards, he is escorted back to the parlor room. The wisp just hopes Sonic found the emeralds in time.

~~~

After quickly collecting the four Chaos Emeralds unnoticed, Sonic sneaks into Bowser's room through the pipes. The whole green pipe vent was plunged into pitch darkness, and the hedgehog directly felt a terrible draft everywhere, which bothered him a little, but not too much. When he reached the end of the pipe, he found Bowser's room like it was before. When he fell out of the pipe, he looked behind and smiled, pleased that no one was following him. The hedgehog returned his attention to what lay ahead.

Soon he starts to look under the bed for that case full of his birth mother's belongings. Sonic paused for a while, thinking about what misfortunes might befall him if he was caught. But the temptation was so strong that he could not resist it for a moment longer. Sighing, he opened the case so slowly and quietly that it didn't even creak, and found a scarab for the sword he discovered. At least it was back with Maddie and Luigi. He was about to leave until he decided to look back at the Princess Peach shrine Bowser had. Sonic was sure Bowser wouldn't notice that one of his fanfics was missing. He picked out a short one and before Sonic left, he found a photo that was half destroyed.

It depicted Bowser and a female Mobian who's face was scratched so much that it was difficult to determine who it was. Yet, the magenta fur the Mobian had looked awfully familiar... almost identical to the one he kept seeing in his dreams. He finds that note he found yesterday and reads what he couldn't finished... yet it put a look for horror on his face when he read it.

"Peaches reminds me so much of ______. Her bravery, her fighting skills, all of it. Peaches could be the perfect replacement so I can fulfill the promise I made long ago and marry her. Hell, if he is willing to stay, he can become my child if he chooses to leave behind that fake family of his. But the fact that I drowned his mother in the river, no longer concerns me."

Fear was the only thing going through Sonic's mind. What did this mean?! Did it mean that he was... kidnapped by his mother's killer?! Why would Bowser even do such a thing anyway?!?! All of his questions were interrupted by very loud footsteps. Closing the shrine doors and stuffing the case back under the bed, Sonic immediately scrambles back into the pipe. The further he crawled, his breathing became faster and he felt like he was getting crushed. Softly scratching his neck, he felt like someone was choking him... but nothing. Slowing realizing what he's experiencing, he takes some deep breaths and tries to think of something nice. He imagines that he's giving his family a bouquet of sunflowers to his parents, and his hyperventilation stops.

Having finally calmed down, he crawls through the pipe and back into the parlor room. He tries to go back to sleep, but he can't stop thinking... why? Why would Bowser kill his birth mother and then kidnap him? He felt like there was more to the story he was missing.

~~~

When Sonic wakes up again, his eyes widened to see multiple Spiney's cuddling with him. With one scream, he kicks all of the Spiney's out of the parlor room.

"YUCK! I feel so violated..." Sonic grumbled to himself.

Once he goes back to sleep, he lifts his head to see the locked door. If only those guards behind the doors would just leave, and then Sonic would've had a chance to escape. But sleep was hard since he couldn't get his mind off that note Bowser wrote. Sonic felt like there was something missing to it that he couldn't understand. Yet, he curls up into a ball on the royal bed in the parlor room, thinking of Green Hills. Ethan the crimson wisp notices this and nuzzles next to him.

"Thinking about your home?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah. I just don't understand why this is all happening and... why does Bowser want to keep me so badly?" Sonic said.

"Don't think about that right now. Maybe think of something funny."

"I... I can't..."

"Hrmm... oh, did I ever tell you that Bowser is deadly afraid of nipples?"

That actually caught Sonic's attention.

"Wait. Are you serious?" He chuckled.

"Yes, one time he saw a Toad without a shirt on, he freaked out and his voice began to crack." Ethan said.

Sonic giggles just a little bit. Suddenly, a cloud of smoke! Triangles, circles, and squares! Kamek appears before Sonic and the wisp. Maddie and Luigi wake up. Luckily the bag with the emeralds and evidence was under the bed.

"Hello, young hedgehog!"

"Go away..." Sonic moaned.

"Yeah! He wants nothing to do with you." Ethan barked.

Before Kamek could even trap the hedgehog in a magic aura, Maddie steps between the two, protectively.

"Leave my son out of your king's selfish needs. It's bad enough he keeps feeding off my blood." Maddie said.

She wasn't wrong. Her back was getting sore from the bites. Luigi speaks up.

"Yes and please! Turn down the heat! I'm sweating like a baby pig in here!" Luigi adds.

"Too bad. I didn't come for you, so you'll have to stay put for a bit longer and endure the heat." Said Kamek.

"Ugly says what?" Sonic jokes.

"What?" Kamek asked.

"Nothing." he giggled.

Kamek growls. Trapping Sonic in his magic, the hedgehog was forced out of the bed and dragged down the hall.

"Come, the king wants you."

"But he's gross and I don't wanna!!!" Sonic whined.

The doors get slammed shut. Poor Ethan needed to do something fast. Who knows what Bowser is up to this time. He tells Maddie to hang on to the bag with the emeralds and the sword (along with Sonic's phone) while he sneaks through the vents to Bowser's throne room.

~~~

Wondering where Eggman and Metal are at, Sonic just asks Kamek out of curiosity. He says that Metal and Eggman went to "visit" Mario... but deep down Sonic knew that the wizard meant that they were gonna attack his friends, but he can't do much about it now. They walked into Bowser's throne room as the Koopa King turned around to greet them... well Sonic mostly. The magic aura around Sonic dissipated and he collapsed to the ground. He staggered up as Bowser stomped closer.

"Bluey! Enjoying your permanent stay?"

"NO! I hate it here! It's hot as hell, your minions are annoying, and to top it off, you kidnapped me!" Sonic complained.

Bowser lets out a fake sigh that Sonic didn't believe. As Bowser stepped closer, Sonic fought the urge to tremble in fear as the massive yellow claw reached out for his face. He touched the back of his claw to Sonic's face, stroking his cheek like a beloved child.

"Silly hedgehog. I didn't kidnap you... I brought you back to your true home."

"What's going on in he—"

Ethan pops out from a pipe and sees Bowser caressing Sonic's cheek.

"GRAAAAAA!!! DON'T YOU TOUCH HIM!!!"

Ethan zooms into Bowsers face and starts smacking his snout. Fed up, Bowser smacks the crimson wisp to the ground and Sonic's first instinct tells him to help the little fella.

"Ethan? You okay?"

Ethan nods silently as Sonic scoops the little wisp into his arms.

"Aww, how cute. In a nauseous way." Bowser said.

Angered, small blue sparks glow from Sonic's quills.

"Shut up! Hurt Ethan again and I'll—"

"You'll what? Tattle to your "mom" on me? Have Ethan and you use your powers against me? Oh... that's right. You two haven't bonded yet."

Feeling insecure, Sonic's sparks quickly dissipate from the General Blue Shell and Kamek's mocking laughter in the back.

"Listen, I don't know what your planning, but I'm not staying here! I already have a home!" Sonic barks back.

"I. Don't. Care."

He grabs Sonic by the waist and stomps up to the throne, placing the hedgehog in it.

"I need an heir since I can't have one with Peaches. That way I can fulfill the promise I made to... her all those years ago... but ruling a kingdom for thirty years has been exhausting. It's because want you... to be malevolent." Bowser said, whispering the last part in Sonic's ear.

Bowser walks down the stairs and Sonic, super confused, follows the brute overlord. What did the Great Demon King mean by that? As Sonic follows, he hears Bowser's voice.

Ruling in one place
That I can hardly stand
At least I've got these two
Who do whatever I command

Sonic gets distracted by a Piranah plant at kicks him.

General! Kamek! Now, listen up.
I've got a little plan...
When Peach and Sonic are by my place
I'll conquer the lands

Bowser begins to recall some past memories and envies them.

They think they can play tricks on me
For all eternity...
I hate to disappoint
Cause I strongly disagree
She made my emeralds vanish
But now I can foresee

He grabs Sonic's hand and twirls him around.

We'll eliminate the newbies I guarantee

Sonic's eyes widened with shock.

When you're like me
I'll bring out your bad side
Just leave it to me
When you're like me
Your heroes will no longer be
I'll take my revenge
And then you'll see just what I mean...

"Wait! Don't you at least have any good intentions?!" Sonic asked.

Good intentions?
Haha! Come on. I find them so passé.
You know the king of the Koopas
Eventually gets his way.

A Piranah plant wraps Sonic up in its vine.

Pushed beyond the edge
Planning my revenge
When you cross King Bowser Koopa!
Do not expect that you'll get avenged

Sonic squirms out and gets blocked by Kamek.

You little fools, you better run back
To your little home
Run, hide, flee

Poor Sonic gets cornered by Chain Chomps and Piranah Plants which causes him to curl into a ball. Bowser however untucks Sonic from that form and spins with Sonic in his hands.

When you're like me
I'll bring out your bad side
You can count on me
When you're like me

"But—"

Ugh, your heroes will no longer be
I'll take my revenge
And then you'll see
When you're like me

He didn't want any of this! Trying to run, Bowser grabs Sonic by his back quills as the poor blue kid runs, but once let go, he face plants into the ground

If willingly doesn't work at first
You can expect the worst...
Cause that's exactly
What you'll get from me...
When you're like me
When you're like me!

Sonic backs away. Why would Bowser want him to be his heir?! None of it made sense!

"NO! I'LL NEVER BE LIKE YOU!!! NOT AFTER YOU KIDNAPPED ME AND LEFT SCARS ON MY ARMS AND LEGS!!!" Sonic screamed.

"Oh please, it's not the first time I've done it. I've left one on your hand when you were so small. But it was merely an accident. Or was it?"

Bowser snickers and Sonic gets fed up, and stands. Little did he know was that Orbot and Cubot were watching from above, recording.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing wrong with me. Can't you just accept the fact that you should have a Mobian as your parent?" Bowser asked.

"No, what is so wrong with your sad little life that you gotta go and ruin everyone else's?" Sonic sneered.

Ethan tugs at Sonic's wrist.

"Sonic, c'mon. He ain't worth it." Ethan says.

The Blue Shell general however grabs Ethan and keeps him in a tight grip, curious as to what Sonic is about to do.

"You just can't stand it can you? Anyone else being free to be themselves and happy?"

"Psh, kid please, of course I can stand it. I only want peace." Bowser replies.

"Oh this is your idea of peace is it? Stalking me and Peach twenty-four seven? Forcing us to be something we aren't? Making us do something we don't want to do??" Sonic said

The Koopa king gets stubborn.

"I'm not stalking anyone." He lied.

Sonic takes a few steps closer to attempt to confront Bowser. Yet deep down inside, he was trying to hide all of that fear he had.

"You just like to destroy everything don't you? Just like how you cold bloodily killed my birth mom for no reason? Yeah, I'll never be like you. Hell where's your precious little Koopa Queen or Koopa Prince? Oh wait, they don't exist do they? So you think a human and a Mobian like me would want to rule along a thing like you? Yeah, it's not happening, Ugly. You just idiotically believe we are that stupid to turn against our loved ones, but you just won't accept the reality of your stupid delusion. It's pathetic. You... are pathetic. You, your entire army, and Eggman. Now, just leave me alone before you make me call my mom." Sonic said.

Bowser frowns in complete disappointment. But deep down, rage was boiling inside him and Sonic was just waiting for him to move. Small fumes of smoke escaped from Bowser's breath. Tired of this, Sonic starts to walk off...

But so much can change in such little time...

He felt Bowser's tail whack him in the back as he felt himself fall.

"LITTLE BRAT!!!"

As he was falling, he turns to see a wave of fire spewing from Bowser's mouth, heading directly towards him. All he could do was scream as he hot flames made contact with his skin.

~~~

Once Maddie and Luigi were being escorted to the cages, sprinklers on the Badniks have been triggered. Confused, Maddie hears screaming amongst the clamoring Koopas and turns around to see a horrifying thing. Her own son... ON FIRE!!! Maddie screams bloody murder to see her own child burning! Panicking, Luigi finds a fire extinguisher on a BadNik and steals it.

"MOVE!!!"

White smoke is sprayed all over Sonic as the poor hedgehog hyperventilates in fear still screaming.

"IT BURNS!!! IT BUUURNS!!!!!"

"Get water!! LUIGI! GO! Sonic, it's okay!! Mommy's got you!!" She said, cradling her child.

The entire left side of his body was suffering second degree burns. Luigi quickly comes back with a wet cloth and covers some of the burnt skin, cooling it. He was lucky none of the burns got to his face. Ethan rushes to the scene, terrified. He begins to cry, thinking it's his fault, but deep down he knew it wasn't. But this place... Sonic can't stay here.

"Sonic. Take this and get out of here. Go get Mario." Maddie said.

"Mom! I'm not leaving—"

She hugs him, giving him the bag with the emeralds, his gloves and shoes, the evidence from the Peach shrine, and the sword.

"Go. We'll be fine. Run!" She informed.

"Yeah. Get Mario and Tom!" Luigi adds.

Sonic nods, understanding that he desperately needs to get the hell out of here. With Ethan on his head, they run for the exit. Getting into the halls, they heard the stomping of Bowser's feet chasing him, but he did not dare to look back. Sonic was focused only on running away as far as possible, but at some point, he felt a clawed scaly hand grab his arm and pull him back so that he looked straight into the monster's face.

"It's not my fault!! You made me do it, Sonic!! I don't care about what you think! You will stay by my side weather you like it or not and don't you dare run away!" He yelled.

"Let me go!" He begged, trying to escape "Please!"

"Oh, no, no, no! You had a chance to avoid harsh punishment, but instead you chose to insult your new father! Now suffer you little rat!!!!!"

In desperation, Sonic slapped him on the cheek and as soon as his hand was free, she rushed away.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!! THOMAS MICHEAL WACHOWSKI IS MORE OF A DAD TO ME THAT YOU!!!"

Blue electricity sparked like crazy all over the place and tears escaped his eyes as he ran. His heart was pounding, his body was shaking, his breathing was out of control. He was so scared. He didn't know what she would do if Bowser somehow caught up with him again.

"We need to bond! I can fly us to the Kong Kingdom!"

Agreeing with the crimson wisp, he nods. Running out of the halls that lead to the front gate, he tripped and the burns stung. Landing painfully, Sonic again heard a roar echoing from the halls and fear seized him with renewed force, causing him to freeze for a moment. Tears flowed down his face, but relief spread through his body as he opened the huge doors and ran outside, electrocuting Piranha plants and Koopa Soldiers.

Thinking fast, he felt himself glow with the same color of Ethan as he glowed a bright red. Then he felt himself transform. Sonic's entire body turns into a large version of his own head which has no facial features, except for his eyes, which are now pale yellow and without pupils or irises, making him look like an eagle of some sort.

Flying far away from Bowser's floating palace, Ethan sees a jungle up ahead and squints at the light of dawn. Who knows if Mario, Lena, and the others have already made it there. They land in the jungle and return to their normal selves, unfusing. Ethan passes out and lands in the bag Sonic was carrying. He was lucky there was a zipper on it. He staggered through the jungle in the daylight. His burns hurt like hell, and he felt like he was losing his breath. After collapsing on the ground near a giant wall at a sufficient distance, Sonic whines in pain as tears flowed down his cheeks. He was crying bitterly because of how scared he was of Bowser, of what he'd do, and if he killed him. Yet what scared the hedge the most was the feeling of deep loneliness in this scary world.

He thought he was gonna die here... alone like he feared. But it wasn't long until he sees something climb over the wall and sees a pair of feet approach him, looking for a small tennis ball it was messing with. He weakly looks up to see a female monkey with pink sandals, blue sweat pants and a blue crop top with blonde pigtails, wearing a purple and green striped hat.

"Hey... are you okay?" The monkey girl asked.

Weakly lifting his arm, he reaches for the monkey girl's hand.

"Help..... me....."

Worried, the monkey girl lifts Sonic into her arms and jumps over the wall, sprinting towards the Jungle Kingdom.

"Don't worry, I'm taking you to the castle and the nurses will patch you up in no time, kid. Just hang in there."

Fighting for his life, he tries to stay strong. He can't give up now. He has to save his mom. Yet, how can he do that when he's scared to even fight something that has haunted him forever?

(Phew! Got that done. Halfway there, just a few more chapters left!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 147 23
After the events of Sheila and her friends and her siblings in the Warrion age, everything was peaceful on modern era until the electricity went out...
165 1 6
An alternate universe if there was a movie version of Sails, Mangey and Nine and they lived with Tom and Maddie. Sonic 1: Nine, Mangey and Sails had...
487 0 32
This here is a fanfiction of my own version of the 2020 live action Sonic the hedgehog movie and it's sequels, I hope you'll all like this. Story rat...
5.5K 95 19
This is the tale of how Sonic's world had begun to crumble. Without their heroic hero, the blue blur, the citizens of Mobius were left in the dust. T...