Love and Other Delusions | Ch...

By Anneti-social

Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli... More

Return to Liyue
Cold in Snezhnaya
A wave of Goodbyes
A short trip to Mondstadt
A song of chance
Return of the Hero
Hide and Seek
The Hunter
The Rebel
Waverider
On the shores of Narukami
The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet
Retracting Waters
Tidal Wave
Celestial Voyager
Momiji Dyed Battle
What Now Remains
Distant Crackling
Tide Withholder
Vortex of Turmoil
Fickle Cloudstrike
Havoc: Formless Blade
Havoc: Annihilation
Teapot to Call Home
The Puppet's Strings
Irodori Festival
Rustles from afar
The Puppet's Eyes
Bottoms Up
Strings
Morepesok
Welcome Wagon
Empty Seat
Finale

The Masterplan

354 12 13
By Anneti-social

"Oh, the two lovebirds, enjoying the evening stroll?" The Yashiro Commissioner waved at the two. He has just come back from his responsibilities and was on his way home.

"Just taking a little breather." Childe waved back.

"I see. Well, don't be out too late. I hear Thoma's preparing his specialty tonight." Ayato said.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Lumine said, Childe nodding in agreement.

With another wave, the two was left alone once again.

Lumine took the initiative and held his hand. There was silence as they walked, hands intertwined as it swung lightly.

"Is this going to be a usual thing for us?" Childe asked.

"What?" Lumine asked.

"Evening strolls." He explained.

Lumine smiled. "Only if you want it to be." She said. "Plus it's good for you, getting to stretch and all."

Childe laughed. "I see, you just want me to exercise." He said.

"It's good for you." She just repeated.

He laughed once again, leaning close to give a peck on her forehead.

Lumine just smiled. But then a sudden shift on her expression. "How's packing going?"

Childe's breath hitched. "It's... getting there. I still have my other essentials to pack."

Lumine nodded.

"You seem more excited about this than me." He joked.

"The sooner you leave, the sooner you can come back." She said.

Childe paused.

"What? Am I wrong?" Lumine looked at him confused. "That reminds me, how many days should I wait for you? Five days? Six?"

Childe chuckled. "Starlight, five days? That's the only my trip going to Snezhnaya, and a few days to go back. I don't even think I'll be able to go there then come back in five days. I'll still be on the boat by then, on my way back here."

"So six days then?" Lumine said.

An even heartier laugh from Childe. "You'll miss me that much for that quick?"

"Yeah. Sure." Lumine said.

Childe couldn't tell if it was from Lumine's words or from laughing, but his cheeks and ears felt hot.

"What? Why are you laughing?" Lumine asked, starting to feel flustered.

"A month." He said, after recovering from his laughing. "At least."

Lumine's eyebrows furrowed, her frown very evident. "Why so long?" She muttered.

"Hmm? What was that?" He asked, though he heard it.

"If you're not back by then, I'm going to look for you in Snezhnaya myself." Lumine said, with much determination.

"You don't have to-" Childe paused. "A month and a week. But I'll write to you, just for measure that we're not going to pass each other or something." 

"Okay. I'll wait for those letters." Lumine said.

And just like that, a compromise. 

***

"How long is a month?" Lumine asked Paimon as they walked.

"Well, a month is... you know... a month." Paimon replied.

"Is it long or short? In your opinion." Lumine asked once more.

"Depends on the situation. Paimon thinks time is perceived differently when you're experiencing different things. It can feel fast if you're having fun, or slow if you're not." Paimon explained.

"I see." Lumine replied.

"What's the matter?" Paimon asked.

"A month is going by a lot slower than I thought." Lumine admitted.

It's been a week since Childe left for Snezhnaya, they all knew of the agreement the two had. A month and a week until he arrives, if he's not back by then she's also going to Snezhnaya.

"Why can't I just go with him? Stupid Ajax." Lumine ranted.

"Cheer up Lumine, he did say he's going to go back as soon as he could. Maybe he'll be back next week." Paimon said.

"That's not possible with the travel time he needs to cover. He told me himself." Lumine murmured.

"Oh come on, it's Ajax. That guy's too excited to come back here. I bet once he feels better he's going to find the fastest thing to travel back here." Paimon gave her a look.

Lumine couldn't help but chuckle. "Yeah, he would."

"Oh, what about his letter? Did it arrive yet?" Paimon asked excitedly.

"Is there a way to get a letter that fast?" Lumine raised an eyebrow.

"It is with the Komaniya Express." Paimon said excitedly.

***

"It's already been two weeks right?" Ayaka asked, excited for Lumine.

"Yeah." Lumine said dully, not matching the energy of Ayaka.

"You seem a little down still, what's wrong?" Ayaka asked.

"I'm just bored. They won't let me do chores around here anymore." Lumine sighed.

Ayaka laughed. "Perhaps you were a little too efficient. I did notice you finish work so swiftly."

"That's a bad thing?" Lumine asked.

"No no, it's good. But since you help out so much around here, we're afraid that we would rely on you too much." Ayaka said.

Lumine furrowed her eyebrows. "I mean, I don't mind. Please, by all means I'd be happy to help." She said.

"Actually, there might be a better job more suited for you."

***

"It feels kinda weird that we're back to doing commissions." Paimon commented.

"Well, you did tell me to find a better way to kill time. Plus I don't want to burden the Kamisato's more by freeloading." Lumine said.

"Besides the bounties they offer, commissions bring actual mora in my bank that I can use to share expenses with for them." Lumine added.

"Yeah, Ayaka and the others doesn't seem to mind though. You're basically a regular call for bounties anyway." Paimon shrugged.

"I guess I'm more or less a part of the Yashiro Commission at this point." Lumine agreed. "With being an adventurer as a side hustle."

"I honestly can't tell if you're more an adventurer or a bounty hunter." Paimon shook her head.

***

"Has it been a month?" Lumine asked excitedly, Ajax's letter on her hand.

"Does three weeks count as a month?" Paimon tilted her head.

"I think it's 4 weeks?" Ayaka said, unsure herself.

Lumine sighed. "Well, maybe it counts." She said, waving the letter.

The contents only told her of his safe arrival, no mention of how he was in Snezhnaya. But, then again, maybe it was written right when he stepped foot in Senzhnaya. With his eagerness, it wasn't impossible.

"What time do you think will he show up?" Lumine asked, looking at the gate.

"Probably night." Paimon shrugged. "But Paimon doubts it'll be today." she added.

Lumine sighed once more. "Yeah, I guess." She said. "Ready for another commission for today?"

***

"The nerve of this bastard to show himself here." The person with a mask chuckled. "Tell me, where's your back-up? Your secret weapon?"

"None, I came alone." The copper-haired young man said.

"You've always been so bravely stupid." He said.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 1.4K 25
As the last marriageable child of the noble Kanjou Commission, you will do anything to save your family from the shame of the Almighty Shogun's disgr...
10.5K 330 29
Genshin Impact CafΓ© AU Childe X Fem Reader Young Y/N L/N, born to a wealthy and well known family within the Tokyo district of Japan, moving to Kyoto...
27.6K 734 40
αƒš(' β₯ 'αƒš) You pretty much get isekai'd and wake up as a slime in the world of Teyvat. But not in the way you, Y/N expected. This takes part after all...
696K 30.5K 45
❝ WILL YOU TAKE ME AS YOUR BRIDE? ❞ Β»----------βœ„ A year after you heard rumors of something happening to your old childhood friend, someone had att...