Emanet

By wittypenart

One night. One horrific incident. That's all it took to change the course of life for them. Hurts, lies and... More

|Characters and Aesthetics|
|Prologue|:
|01|: Brother/بھائی
|02|: Women/خواتین
|03|: Threat/دھمکی
|04|:Attack/ حملہ
|05|: Mourn/سوگ
|06|: Altered/ تبدیل
|07|: Guilt/شرمندگی
|08|: Silence/خاموشی
|09|: Terror/دہشت
|10|: Motherly/شفيق
|11|: Stalker/شکاری
|12|: Marriage/شادی
|13|: Photographs/تصاویر
|14|: Rumour/افواہ
|15|: Refusal/اِنکار
|16|: Intruder/دخل انداز
|17|: Nikkah/نکاح
|18|: Calamity/وبال
|19|: Dawn/صبح
|20|: Brut/تلخ
|21|: Serenity/اطمینان
|22|: Bargain/سودا
|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت
|24|: Stranger/اجنبی
|25|: Negligence/غفلت
|26|: Gift/تحفہ
|27|: Wounded/زخمی
|28|: Care/خیال
|29|: Upset/ناراضگی
|30|: Close/قریب
|31|: Shopping/خریداری
|33|: Fear/خوف
|34|: Truth/سچ
|35|: Game/کھیل
|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش
|37|: Disturbance/خلل
|38|: Family/خاندان
|39|: Kidnapped/اغواء
|40|: Wrath/غصہ
|41|: Identity/شناخت
|42|: Deal/سودا
|43|: Agony/اذیت
|44|: Wait/اِنتظار
|45|: Tranquility/قرار
|46|: Reunion/ملاپ
|47|: Justice/اِنصاف
|48|: Mehndi/مہندی
|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی
|Epilogue|:

|32|: Event/تقریب

1.9K 98 7
By wittypenart

Safa dabbed the brush onto her cheeks one last time before putting it back on the stand. Running a brush through her hairs, she gave herself a once over in the mirror. She stood to her full height and let her gaze wash over her saree clad figure. Definitely the saree was like a perfect fit. It wasn't revealing and just the right amount of modest. Her dark eye makeup contrasted with the dark red colour. Glancing at the clock, she sighed. Nerves took over her form as the thought of going out in public for the first time as Subhan Durrani's wife came in her mind. He decided it was the best time to finally have her introduced to the world. Of course, he promised her privacy but the fear was still there. She couldn't say no to him after he asked her.

She placed her phone and some other essentials in her small hand clutch and waited for her husband to come home. He went to the company after dropping all of them home. Again the mall incident played in her mind. She stood up and opened the bed side drawer. Taking out the still wrapped silver bangles, she was about to throw it away when the door to her room jarred open. She gasped and turned around. There stood her husband with some files in his hands. His hair were messy as always.

"That would go well with your outfit."

She heard his velvety voice and let her eyes dart to those bangles. She shook her head and said

"I was throwing these away."

"Why?" He asked while closing the distance between them. Her tongue tied and she made the first excuse that came in her mind

"They're not my style. Plus they're itchy. I've worn them once."

He nodded while wrapping a tendril of her hair in his fingers. Her grip on those bangles tightened. She still wasn't close to his intimacy. The way he engulfs her whole. Conquering her thoughts and messing with her sanity.

"You look beautiful."

She smiled and put a hand on his face.

"You should get ready too. We'll be late otherwise."

Nodding at her, he left her and went inside the washroom. She walked towards the dustbin in the room and threw the bangles away. She knew she said she'll return them, but there's no point interacting with that man again. It's best she gets rid of this right now.

It's for the best
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subhan came out from the room after dressing up into a three piece suit. His coat was left unbuttoned while his hair were gelled to perfection. His strong scent was invading the environment. Descending down the stairs, he saw all his family members standing by the door waiting for him. His wife was chatting with Mehreen. The two has grown a bond strong like sisters.

"Let's leave now, shall we?"

They all left the house. He started the car and all the girls were going with him while the rest came in a separate car. The ride to the event venue was small. Maximum thirty minutes. Stopping the car and giving the keys to the valet, he stepped out of the car. From the corner of his eyes, he saw his wife standing staring into space. Walking toward her, he grabbed her arm lightly that caused her heard to jerk in his direction.

"You alright?" He asked when he saw a sheen of nervousness in her eyes. She has the most expressive eyes ever.

"It's just...all this crowd and media." Her reply came out meek and small. Like she was scared someone will hear her.

"Just pay attention to me. Smile at the camera."

Placing his hand on the small of her back, he guided her inside while she gripped her nerves together and smiled just like he said. The camera flashes were blinding, but she pulled through and they entered the hall.

"Wasn't hard?" She smiled at him and nodded her head.

"Come let's meet other guests." Securing his hand around her waist, he took her to the host of the event. Mr and Mrs. Waleed were greeting guests when he introduced himself

"Good evening Mr and Mrs. Waleed."

"Ahhh Subhan Durrani. I've been waiting."

The enthusiastic welcome of Mr. Waleed was expected. You can say he's a fan of our very own Subhan Durrani.

"I take it she's your wife."

Mr. Waleed said while regarding Safa. She politely smiled and forwarded her hand, but was tackled in a hug by Mrs. Waleed.

"You're such a beauty. You're lucky, young man."

She teased him while regarding Safa with her soft eyes. She smiled and some of the tension released from her muscles.

"Can I maybe steal your wife. You both men will bore me from your business talks."

She nodded at him when he looked at her for permission and both the ladies walked away from them.

"What's this event for?" He asked while a waiter served them orang juice.

Of course no alcohol.

"It's a charity event. Collecting money for orphanages and shelter homes."

He nodded his head and soon both of them were engrossed in a conversation of their own.
~~~~~~~~

"What would you like to drink?"

Mrs. Waleed asked her while Safa just stood there on her own. God knows where Mehreen is. She disappeared when they all arrived.

"Water will be fine." She answered.

"Don't be nervous child. Ease up." Mrs. Waleed patted her hand clearly understanding her being uncomfortable.

"Sorry. It's just I haven't been to these types of events."

Confusion dawned upon Mrs. Waleed's face and she couldn't help but ask

"Haven't you attended one with your family?"

Safa stuttered not knowing if to go with the truth or fabricate, but before she could say anything, a voice interrupted them

"She always liked her privacy."

Turning around she found her mother in law with a professional smile on her face. It was a sight to behold. Narmeen Durrani with a smile. All Safa has seen on her face is a scowl, especially for her. Just for her.

"Oh I see." Narmeen smiled before standing beside her daughter in law. Leaning close she whispered

"Just play along. Don't embarrass me."

Safa nodded her head while the two ladies engrossed in a conversation. She stayed silent only speaking when a question was asked directly to her. Some while later, Mrs. Waleed excused herself but told Narmeen

"You've found such a nice girl for your son. He's a lucky man indeed."

Narmeen passed her a tight lipped smile before she fully disappeared in the crowd. Narmeen abandoned Safa the moment she was gone and she finds herself alone again. Her eyes darted to find her husband who was at a distance talking to some business man. She spotted his best friend too with an old man. Altamash as always looked like he would sleep any moment. She started to walk towards them when a waiter spilled juice on her.

"I'm so sorry, madam."

He apologized while she shake her head, dismissing him. Finding her way toward the washroom, she washed her dress off. It wasn't going to stain which was a blessing. She came out of the restroom after doing her business when she felt it.

A feeling.
A tremor in her bones.

Goosebumps arise on her skin at the very familiar feeling of being watched. She turned her head so fast that she almost got a whiplash, but everywhere was empty and silent. Quickly making her way back to the crowds, she collided with the chest of her husband

"Hey you're here. I was looking for you." She held his shoulders and looked around. Everyone was a stranger to her.

"Safa look at me." Darting her eyes to him, she said

"I was in the restroom." Nodding his head, he grabbed her waist keeping her glued to his side, he joined the crowd.

"Sorry I'm late gentlemen."

The new voice resonated and everyone looked up. Safa was caught off guard. It was him. The man from the mall.

"Let me introduce myself. Burhaan Yilmaz."

Mr. Waleed stood up hugging the man while he just smirked.

"Who's he?" She heard her husband ask his best friend.

"Some new hot shot business man."

The man walked towards them and greeted Subhan.

"Mr. Durrani. A pleasure to meet you. I knew your brother. He was a good man."

"Thank you for your kind words."

Safa was rooted to her spot when he looked in her direction making direct eye contact with her. Her husband's grip on her hand tightened and he seethed at the man

"Eyes up here, man."

"She's a sight to behold. Damn man". Before he could say anything, the man drifted into the crowd.

"Frickin jerk." He sat down on his chair while gulping his entire glass of orange liquid.

"You okay?" He asked. Concern lacing his tone.

"I'm fine." She nodded at him. His eyes went to the dance floor where everyone was swaying lightly. He gathered her hand in one and said

"Come with me." Walking to the dance floor, he hauled her into his chest while keeping a hand on her waist.

"Are you alright?" She asked when she saw the tightness of his jaw and the throbbing of his vein.

"I'm fine." His response was anything but fine.

"Ease up, you jealous man." She teased to comfort him while running a hand on her jaw, trying to ease it.

"Yes, Safa I'm jealous. So jealous I can murder him for looking at you that way."

Her heart skipped a beat as she looked at the man before him. No one and she repeats no one has ever said anything like that to her. No one. So the fact that it came from him melted her.

"Don't be. I'm in your arms right now." She said while putting her head on his chest for both his and her comfort.

"Yes and I'll keep it that way." Pulling her close, he placed his chin on her head. Closing her eyes, she breathed in his chest. He was still in rage. She can feel it. Opening her eyes, she looked at him and said

"Let's go, shall we?"

He nodded his head while typing a message to his best friend. Altamash nodded at him from across the room and they both left the hall after excusing Mr. Waleed. Whilst they were sitting in the car, Safa saw the same man looking at both of them keenly. His gaze was so strong that she felt his eyes boring into their bodies. She ignored him and sat inside the car. He started the engine and she held his hand in hers.

Mid ride her phone rang and she attended it.

"Hello." She said into the phone, but recieved no reply. She said it twice, but recieved only silence.

"Who's it?" He asked.

"Wrong number." She said and kept the phone back in the purse. But there was this brief question in her mind before it disappeared

Was it really a wrong number or am I just being paranoid?
••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's an update. Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. Thanks for your patience. Safa's saree is above.
Enjoy.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 9.7K 15
❞عشق کی ابتدا تم۔ حسن کی انتھا تم۔❝ - One catastrophic night, two machinating men; one dead and one alive, shackled two estranged souls to the same f...
171K 6.3K 21
پہلی نظر میں کیسا جادو کر دیا تیرا بن بیٹھا ہے میرا جیا 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝖠𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾...
552K 21.9K 31
~ ZA¥DAN ~ 'Life is a Game of chess' Move in silence only to say CHECKMATE°°° ~ HA¥AT ~ 'Life can be a game of chess' But with...
26.2K 1.2K 32
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...