Royal Innocence

Av bethia9

He was the prince. I was the Duke's daughter. He was my brother's best friend. And my sworn enemy. There was... Mer

Prologue
1-Those are muscles, not fat!!
2- Are you stuffing your bra?
3- That Waters dude dies and Haley chick cries.
4 - You look like a clown!
5 - no PDA in front of brother!
6 - I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!
7- I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.
8 - Just open ur freaking door!!
9 - Oh my freaking cherries!!
10 - No swearing, my Prince
11 - He-who-shall-not-be-named and Piglet broke up
12 - But, just so you know, I'm still hotter.
13 - Have you seen my idiot brother and HRH?
14 - Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?
15 - Brictionary
16 - It's Christine Daae, not Christine Dying
17 - Like you are the last two pieces of brownies on earth
18 - I thought British boys were supposed to be gentlemen.
19 - future princess, stop staring at Prince charming.
20 - Never been so happy to see the door!
21 - No!! Jason! Don't leave me!!
22 - Hey, nice day, isn't it? Hope you enjoyed it coz I'm gonna kill you.
23 - What are you expecting me to feel?
24 - Yeah and one night stands happen upon the first meeting
Special Announcement
26 - I'm sorry for being muscular
27 - My brother's already like a bull who saw a red cloth.
Something to say (not an update)
28 - Here goes nothing
29 - Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner
30 - Lover boy and Mr. Protective
31 - Like a Skyscraper
32 - To Lady Brianna Huntley
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Royal Announcements - Plans
Royal Announcements - new book
THANK YOU + new book

25 - You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?

3K 95 31
Av bethia9

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 25: You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?

After a few crazy days with my family and friends (we went to the water park for three days), I was having some quiet times in the secret garden with none other than the Jason Gilbert.

"Must your parents come back tonight?" I asked, looking up at Jason. He was leaning on a tree trunk and my head was on his lap.

"We can still Skype, my parents may know about Skype, but it's like they don't know I know about it too." He said, I giggled. His parents being back means he's being grounded again and couldn't come see me anymore. Nor could I go, since we were supposed to keep this relationship a secret from them. Only a few knows we are dating, Ashton, Trisha, Cara (my maid), Dallas (the butler), Mom and Dad.

"It's not the same." I whispered.

"I know, Piglet, I know. Sometimes I just wished I wasn't a prince. Life would've been so much easier, huh?" He laughed, a humorless laugh.

"It's that hard, huh?" I teased.

"Yeah. Come on, my parents are gonna be back in four hours, I have to get back to get everything perfect." He said as we both stood up. We packed up our things and put them up to our horses.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I whispered as he pulled me close by my waist.

"I'm gonna miss you more." He whispered back, leaning his forehead on mine. I closed my eyes as his lips met mine.

"I'll call / text / Skype you tonight, if I have time and it's not too late." He said against my lips. He kissed me once more and helped me up my horse. I waved goodbye and trotted away. To think less than half a year ago, I'd have been thrilled to see Jason leaving. That's life for you, I guess. We just have to expect the unexpected.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It has been more than a week since I last saw Jason. We'd talked, of course, but I hadn't exactly seen him. He was still being grounded for almost two more weeks.

"Miss?" Cara poked her head through the door.

"Yeah? Come in!" I said, sitting up.

"No, uh, miss, I think you should come with me." She said, biting her lip.

Cara never bit her lip. Like ever.

"Cara? What it is?" I asked gently.

Cara shook her head, put a finger to her lips and gestured me to follow her. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed her. We climbed the stairs and Cara told me to crouch down as we peeped through the gap.

There were two cops at the door, and I thought I saw a few more outside. My parents were coming out from their study to talk to them and Dad was tapping his phone, probably calling Luke. It looked serious.

"What's happening?" I whispered. Cara shrugged. "Come on, I want to hear." I said, as I pulled her with me. We ran past a hall and came to the library. I ran to the my right and came to the history section. I went to one of the shelves and pushed it gently. As anticipated, the shelf moved, I heard Cara gasped behind me and I just pulled her along. We crawled through the tunnel in silence and we came to a 'crossroad' I chose the right one and a few seconds later we reached a room. I closed the door behind me and switched on the lights.

"Don't tell anyone about this, okay?" I said.

"Cross my heart, my lady." Cara replied. I nodded, satisfied and turned on a switch. I trusted Cara. The voices boomed into the room.

"I used to explore the castle with Ashton when I was little, that's how I knew about this. I don't know what this room is for though, maybe a safety room or something for the soldiers." I explained quietly and quickly.

"Oh, thank God you answered. No, it's okay. I don't expect you to answer your phone every time I call, you have to work too. Yeah." Dad said to the phone. "So, here's the thing, a few cops came, demanding to search our backyard. Yes. Uh, four, I think? But there may be a few more in the car. They said they have a warrant to do so. Oh, really? Good. Hold on." Dad stopped and walked back to the door.

"My lawyer said since my daughter is having the 'royal way', we are allowed to ask the reasons behind this warrant."

"Okay. Someone came to the station and said she saw your daughter burying something weird in your backyard and-" the cop began.

"Wait, you said my client was seen to be burying something in the backyard, that does not mean she did something wrong. Besides, his Lord's backyard is huge. Where exactly did this happen? And what are the evidence?" Luke said, on speaker.

"The someone said she was burying a bottle that looked like the one described to be used to hold the drug, Venetia. And they said it was at the patch near the swimming pool. We are also hoping to check your security cameras if there are any. Look, We are just doing our work here, if you've got nothing to hide, can you please let us search it quickly? Uh please? My er lord?" The cop said.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Let me just tell Brianna. Okay, thanks a lot, bye." Dad said hanging up, he turned to Dallas. "Please call Ryan and ask him to give them the tapes."

I looked at Cara in alarm and we started running back to my room like no tomorrow. I had just closed the door when my dad knocked on the door.

"Brianna?"

"A minute, Dad!" I called as I pulled on a t-shirt ( I wasn't exactly wearing clothes decent enough to see the cops), plopped on the bed and grabbed my phone. "Come in!"

"Oh, hi Cara. Uh, sweetie, can you come down for a sec?"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I was arrested.

They found a bottle, apparently used to store Venetia, the drug that killed Cordelia. They found my fingerprints on it a few hours later even though I'd never in my life seen that stupid bottle. The police just came back a few hours later, found me and put the handcuffs on me. Even going the 'royal way' cpuldnt stop this as, I quote 'evidence was found, and evidence don't lie'.

You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse? When you think and knew no one can help you out of this? When you feel so hopeless that you were ready to just crawl into a hole and huddle into a ball and cry? When you just want to slam your fist to the walls and scream?

That was how I felt when I was pulled onto the police car and locked into a cell. The female police even told me that I should consider myself lucky as they gave me a private cell.

The cell was small, about six feet in size with a window with bars. There was a single bed on one side. Above the bed was a little shelf. An ugly toilet and a washing basin was on the other side. Then there were the steel bars.

At first, I grabbed the bars and screamed and cried and kicked. The cop only came by once to yell at me, but then she gave up.

Soon, the other prisoners started yelling at me to shut up. Finally, I did shut up, only because I was too tired. I ended up on the bed, rocking myself and crying.

I was in there for 26 hours before my parents came to bail me out. Ashton was there too. But I barely knew what was happening. I remembered Mom holding me, crying, Dad soothing Mom and Ashton holding me so tightly and Luke saying how he shouldn't have allowed this to happen. I didn't even remember coming into my room. All I knew was that I showered again and again, hoping to get rid of the prison cell smell. Cara pulled me out after my sixth shower.

I thought I asked Mom why I was there for so long. She said it took them ages to decide what to do with me. She said normally, a murder suspect couldn't be bailed, but since I was going the royal way, I could be bailed with a lot of money and of course, a lot of conditions. Then she told me to sleep.

So, that was what I did.

At least what I tried to.

Here was one thing I learnt. Being arrested sucked.
♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's Notes

Hi

Sorry it's not edited but it's late and I'm very sleepy.

I can't even remember what I was suppose to say here.

Whatever, I'll say it next time.

EXAMS ARE OVER FOR ME!!!!!!! Updates will be regular again.

Hope you like this chapter. Is it too short? If it is, sorry. Sorry too if this sucked. I might edit it again next time I upload.

Ugh, I don't know what I'm even talking about.

Song: Flashlight - pitch perfect 2 (watched it today with Cons)

I'm still in the prison mood. (Brianna)

Vote and comment and fan please:)

Thanks,

~Bethia

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

89.1K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...
1.8K 93 26
A princess; a teenage girl was raised by mutants her whole life with no memory of her biological family, having been sent away from them for hers and...
106K 3.2K 53
Nathan Howland. Not your average everyday student. Unless having the title of 'The Demon' is average. An aggressive nerd is not one you'd meet any d...
176K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...