*NOT FINISHING* Woman and Mac...

By brookyoung1229

Many vorns have passed since the revival of Cybertron. The world is flourishing, cities have repopulated. The... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
(Bonus chapter(based on earth 1st book) A Quiet Moment
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Five

211 3 106
By brookyoung1229

Happy reading guys!!

I've got an explosion of ideas and can't wait to write them out.
I just need the time to get it out lol
(and when the heck was RoTB Optimus so damn good looking XD)

Go forth and read my friends!!
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Optimus inspected the offline mechs engaged weapon. Alpha Trion standing beside him a little ways off.

The Prime glanced up and looked over at Koda who was on the other side of the table, "How can you eat while in front of an offline mech?"

The femme raised a servo in defense, her other servo holding a container which held the baked alfredo which she had grabbed before they left, "Hey, I'm eating for three here. They've yet to show, but are here! I'm hungry, and I wasn't going to let this good aft meal get cold! Gosh it's just amazing!" She grumbled as she rubbed her optics, "I'm tired, Primus I'm exhausted. But here we are, why?! Because we're the fragging Guardians of Cybertron and can't live a simple nice life! But, it's all fine."

The two mechs cast one another a nervous look before returning to their observation.

Alpha Trion remained a few pedesteps back from the table, allowing Optimus to fully inspect the offline flier in front of him, "I did not intend for this to happen today Koda. I had thought it would be alright," The older mech spoke quietly.

"It's all good."

Some dried, green and teal Energon lay on the table. It would leave a stain...

The mech, limbs limp, and easy to move despite their weight. His frame was now dull, having lost its shine. The black was now seen as a very, very dark forest green.

Its helm was half there, thanks to Bumblebee's attack. However, Sideswipe's blades had done much more damage. Then again he had offlined this unknown mech.

"His weapons are much more advanced than our own," Optimus hummed as he inspected the mech's right forearm carefully. The gun was engaged and with a bit of a closer look, the blade seemed to be attached to the blaster itself.

Koda nodded as she grabbed a few noodles with her fork, "Yet he didn't seem to even know he had them. And if he did then he chose not to use them. Which doesn't make sense, he sounded like he was out for blood."

"From what he said it seems that way. Why do you think he did not fight you as hard as he could?"

The femme's faceplates went serious not even a astrosecond later, "I don't know and don't care at the moment. He was after three mechs and I wanted to keep them safe. Not much time for questions if you ask me."

Over the course of the next joor, the three Cybertronians found only small clues. The mech's memory chip had been burnt to a crisp, his records were lost to the stars.

However...

Tracing along the back of the offline mech's neck cables, Optimus' dark gray digits fell over a small bump. He traced over it a few times, noting that it would move slightly. Carefully he grabbed the small item and pulled it out. A small crack was heard and the red and blue mech's azure optics narrowed slightly.

Koda looked over at her mate to see him holding a small chip between his thumb and index digit. It was about the size of his digit tip.

Gently placing it down on the table he hummed, "Perhaps this would best be looked into by Wheeljack. Knowing that he has seen or worked with chips that alter one's thoughts or memories."

From the side Alpha Trion nodded, "I believe you are correct. It would be wrong to tamper with such a small piece of technology if we had the mech to assist us."

"I mean it is Wheeljack though. He could just blow the damn thing up,' Koda grumbled as she walked over to the other side of the table and looked down at the small chip. Looking up at the offlined mech, her gaze hardened into a glare.

A servo gently squeezed her shoulder, "We can worry about that tomorrow. For now, I suggest we return home."

"I agree, there is no more work that can be done. Again, I thank you for coming to this meeting at such a late time."

Optimus bid Alpha Trion farewell before opening a bridge for himself and Koda. The two walked through and walked right into their living room.

"I hope there are some clues as to who that mech was on that chip," Koda hummed as she resisted the urge to fall into the couch. Instead, she busied herself with washing the container that was in her servos.

"Indeed,"The red and blue mech's baritone voice was slightly muffled as he ate some of the now cooled alfredo. Honestly, Optimus didn't care if his meal was warm or cool. After millions of stellar cycles with just plain Energon cubes, he was just glad to make food again.

He heard a small giggle after the tap was shut off, "Wader."

"It's water."

"Yes, but we don't pronounce the 't'. Therefore, it is in fact wader."

"Koda, I think the exhaustion is getting to you again," Optimus knew that his mate would only begin to come up with jokes or attempt to tell a story. After a certain point, the femme would go from tired to crazy. It either took a while to get her to recharge or she would fall onto the berth and zonk out right then and there.

Quickly doing his dishes, the Prime started coaxing Koda upstairs to their berthroom.

On the way she yielded and looked around nervously, "I've lost my electron!"

Optimus' immediate response was a worried, "Are you sure?"

"Yes!..I'm positive."

His faceplate went dull and he just got Koda into the berth. She was laughing like there was no tomorrow it seemed.

"You gotta admit, that was good!" She chuckled as the red, brown and orange flannel duvet was brought over her.

"It was, well said."

Rising to his pedes Optimus walked around to his side of the berth. He'd already checked to make sure that the doors were locked. Everything would be good for tomorrow. Slipping under the warm covers, he remained sitting, he heard Koda's slow venting.

He'd been right, she fell right into recharge the moment she was in berth.

Leaning over he kissed her forehelm before settling in for recharge. An arm wrapped around her chassis, he carefully pulled her closer to him. Just slightly. It was a protective gesture, he knew she was there and safe.

With a final vent, the Prime let himself fall into recharge...

~

A howling wind reached his audials. Rising from the berth he noticed that his mate was still in recharge. He carefully moved the covers back over her, and realized she had more than usual. However he didn't take much notice of it.

Walking over to the window, he carefully moved the blinds aside and saw a large black cloud looming over the city of Iacon. A quick glance to his right, indicated it was located near Tetra Hex.

A bright flash blinded him, forcing the Prime to cover his optics for a short moment, till a loud boom filled the air.

The lightning coursed through the large dark cloud, it started white before fading into a blood red beam which faded into nothing.

"Koda?"

No reply...

Suddenly there was a loud knock from downstairs. Quickly, yet cautiously Optimus made his way down. The lights were out, and the only available luminescence was from his optics and occasional lightning strike.

When the loud round of six knocks hit the door, his battle mask activated. His azure optics narrowed and his servos clenched into fists.

Something wasn't right...

When he reached the door the Bots' outside seemed to notice. There were a few shuffles before things went still again.

His left servo carefully grabbed the door handle. Turning it, the door's mechanism creaked. One thing that it never did.

Almost as soon as the door was opened, Optimus was slammed against the wall. A dark purple, nearly black forearm pressed into his neck cables. Forcing him to remain still.

Deep crimson optics stared into his own, "Pathetic. The Judge was right, your planet is far more guilty than the others..."

The red and blue mechs azure optics widened. He heard...his own voice! It was scratchier, and more dark, but it was his.

Looking the mech over the best he could, a deep laugh left the mech, "Confused? I don't see why you should be..." He leaned closer and whispered into Optimus' right audial, "After all, I am you."

The dark coloured mech smirked at seeing the confusion and fear rise in his doppelganger's blue optics. He pressed harder against his neck cables. Beginning to cut off his air supply.

"Nemesis...That is enough," Another mech's voice spoke. This time from the doorway.

Nemsis released Optimus but activated his blaster and held it against the center of his chest.

After regaining himself enough to see past this 'Nemesis' figure, the red and blue mech froze at the sight of the mech in his doorway. His silver frame, and pointed armour, though not spikes, shone in the lightning flashes. His blood red optics seemed to flash a sky blue for an astrosecond. The mech looked somewhat nervous and afraid.

Nemesis, who held Optimus at gunpoint rolled his optics, "And why should I listen to you Megatron?! You shouldn't even be here...You should have perished with your world."

The mech shrunk back a bit but glared at Nemesis, "It's Megatronus..."

"Same thing! Just...shut up and let me work." His crimson optics looked from the silver mech back to the one he had at gunpoint, "Now...We can do this the easy way, where you come with us and the great Judge, decides if your world is guilty or not, or we can do it the hard way where I play around with your pathetic little family."

Optimus narrowed his optics at his dark self, "You won't win."

"The hard way I see! Not a worry, I always enjoy hearing the terrified screams.."

As though he had ordered it an audial screeching scream was heard from upstairs.

Azure optics widening he pushed Nemesis aside, "Koda!"

"Seems like there's two new additions to our army," The dark mech grinned smugly.

The Prime ran for the stairs, not caring about the loud pedesteps of the two mechs behind him. A loud thud was heard as he ran down to their berthroom.

"No!" Koda shouted, fear and pain laced her voice.

Optimus ran into their room, his mate lay on the floor, bright blue Energon nearly pouring from a very large wound on her broad abdomen. Her gaze was focused on a white, gray and red mech, he held two small bundles in his arms.

"Your mistakes will be of great use to Shockstorm," He growled before jumping through the open window behind him. Holding the two bundles against his chassis.

The pool of Energon under Koda was growing rapidly. Optimus started forward to help, but a sharp pain in his upper back paused his movements. Looking down, there was a silver, gladiatorial blade sticking through his chest. A wave of pain ran through his back struts and insides.

Megatronus' voice rang out softly, "I'm so sorry..." He twisted the blade clockwise. A loud crack was heard, and a bright blue Energon ran down his blade.

The two guardians looked into one another's dying optics. Almost pleading silently for one another to survive.

Koda reached out a servo, her other attempting to stop the bleeding from the wound on her expanded stomach, "Optimus..."

~

"Peterbilt," The femme shook the mech's trembling frame nervously. Koda nudged him a bit harder when he didn't wake, "Optimus!"

Bolting upright the red and blue mech's heavy and rushed venting filled the room. His optics looked around swiftly. Searching for his mate.

However when he looked to his right, he saw her looking at him, worry shown in her icy blue optics. Her servo was rested on his forearm.

"A-are you alright?" She asked softly, failing to hide the waver in her voice as she spoke.

"I'm fine," Optimus mumbled, his helm rested in his servos. Optics shut he attempted to control his venting. His frame was shaking. Even the gentle servo rubbing his back wasn't doing much.

The covers of the bed shifted and Koda sighed, "Ever since we went to the Council's chamber and you seen that offline mech, you've been getting night terrors."

Nearly two quartex's had passed since the unknown mech came to Cybertron. The issue was pushed aside, due to there not being anymore of these intruders. The chip that was found had no information. It was a decoy of sorts. Wheeljack and Soundwave had worked for nearly eight cycles to decode it. Only to come up with nothing.

"They'll pass," Optimus sighed as he rubbed his optics tiredly. His normally bright azure optics were dulled and slightly dimmer than before. Stumbling out of berth he walked over to the window and looked outside. The clear night sky was there, Luna-1 and 2 were shining brightly. Everything was normal...

"You keep saying that! But they continue happening. I'm worried, Optimus. You haven't had a proper sleep cycle for Primus knows how long," Koda sat on the berth with her legs crossed. The blanket rested in front of her. She looked at her mate, who was still observing outside, "You're nervous that somethings going to happen. Just..." She sighed, "Can you please come here?"

Hesitantly the red and blue mech went back to the berth and sat down. His helm rested against the copper coloured headboard. A deep vent escaped him, "I'm sorry."

Koda moved back and gently caressed his servo, "There's nothing to be sorry for. You don't need to fight this, " She tapped his helm, a small smile on her faceplate, "Alone. I am here to help, there are people who want to help."

"I just need to rest."

"How about we see how you are in the morning and go from there."

Looking over at Koda the Prime raised an optical ridge, "You aren't letting this go, are you?"

"Nope. I'm a persistent slagger," The femme chuckled. A yawn left her and she laid back down, "Come on, you are going to rest. And if you don't then I'm staying up with you."

"But that's–Primus, you always win..."

Koda nodded and waited for Optimus to settle in before getting comfortable, "Usually I would struggle more with you, but these two are kinda giving me a hand with it." She glanced down at her slightly distended abdominal plating. A small yet quite noticeable bump was now there, "I mean if you didn't agree then I would have just fallen asleep on you."

"I appear to have lost the advantage," Optimus mumbled as he settled down. His optics felt heavy, not wanting to open when he closed them. He felt Koda's servo gently caress his helm.

"Rest," She whispered softly.

~

(the next day)

"And these dreams have not let off?" A small orange and white mech asked. A datapad sat on his lap, and a pair of glasses were on his face.

"They'll fade off for a few cycles, but they're almost constantly there," Optimus nodded. His right knee was shaking a bit as his servos sat intertwined on his tibulen.

Rung hummed, "Do you believe that these could be warnings?"

"Honestly...I'm not sure. There's always so many different ones, it's hard to keep track."

The psychiatrist nodded. He placed the datapad and rose, grabbing a glass of slightly sweetened Energon. Offering one to the red and blue mech who sat on his couch, he took it.

"You are scared."

Azure optics widening a bit, Optimus looked up at the mech, "Why do you say that?"

Rung gestured to the door, "You're free to leave at any moment. No one will stop you, nor will they judge you. Yet, you remain..Why?" He changed how he approached the question.

"I..."

The smaller mech waited patiently.

"What if one day, I wake up and it's not a dream? What if I'm like my creators..." Optimus set the cup down as his helm fell into his servos, "It seems like when I'm on a good route, life comes in and destroys the path ahead. I don't know what to do."

Rung nodded slowly. However he noticed that the Prime was keeping something back, "Do you have more you wish to say?"

"I want to die."

The Psychiatrists optics widened in shock.

"But not really..Isn't that a shame? You see, I would never take myself away. I..I don't know if I am able to do that. I don't know if I'm capable of hurting the people I love so much, by doing that. You see, I love them so much, Primus I love them, that if I caused them any pain, even if it meant that I had to go away, it doesn't make sense in my processor," Optimus rose to his pedes, standing tall. He had never been this open with his thoughts before, ever. Even Ratchet and Aries didn't know about his dark thoughts, nor Koda. He sighed, "So I will not. I will stay. But I can't lie, that I often imagine that I'm at the top of the roof and I slip all of a sudden and fall. I hit the catwalk and flip over to see a bright light. I imagine that maybe when I'm recharging, I'll just dose off never to awake again. Maybe I would keep dreaming for the rest of my days. And I can't help but feel guilty of these thoughts..."

His shoulders slumped slightly.

"I can't leave my bondmate. I can't leave and let her go through a carrying term and raise our sparklings alone. I wouldn't be able to leave, knowing that my students would be without a teacher. There are so many things that keep me staying on this world. But at times...those thoughts invade my processor when I'm sitting down in my chair during a work period."

"What stops those harmful thoughts?"

"Those mechs and femmes who I look forward to seeing everycycle. And...I have a student. She's not alright..the scars and newly made welds show it. She is a quiet one, always observing. Her grades are amazing, yet in her mind, she is fighting a battle alone. Sometimes she'll come into class and be so tired that she can barely do anything, or she'll be filled with so much energy she can barely remain still. However, we always speak at the end of the day. She survives on her own. Creators kicked her out when she was young..."

"You work to help one another out."

"I'm not going to stop till she is happier. I don't care how long it takes, if she pushes me away, I will help her."

Rung looked at his chronometer for a moment, "Have you told Koda about this student?"

"Not yet."

The smaller mech hummed, "Well...I sadly have another patient waiting for me. But, if you wish, I am free at this time next week."

"That...would be nice," Optimus walked over to the door and paused, "I believe I will take the rest of the day off. For myself."

"A sound idea."

That's what the Prime did. He went for a hike in the mountains, and found himself at the clifftop where he had watched the first space bridge power up, back when he was Orion Pax.

A warm feeling had been hugging his chassis today. A sure sign that Koda was happy. She had always been emitting her feelings as of late. It was rather enjoyable and reassuring for Optimus.

However as he went to sit down, the sound of an engine came into audial range. Looking up he saw a dark ship, on fire. It was headed right for him...

"Move out of the way!" A barely audible shout rose up from the ship.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

MKAY
Before y'all come harping on me for having a chapter nearly dedicated to Koda and Optimus, shhhhhhh...I'm tired, mentally. I needed to write and get my feelings and thoughts out. If you could tell I do that sometimes through characters. Sooo, Optimus got that part :')
Why must I be like that?

Also...I've only just realized how much power I have given myself with having the Quintessions brought into play. While I have yet to re watch the arc with them for Cyberverse, I may binge that tomorrow. I need something goofy right now heh.
But with that, I am able to bring in so many more characters and things~
And I've got a pretty fun idea, that will come into play. Which I hope you will enjoy. As I really enjoy their relationship, but the war messed it up. They would have been great. (attempting to not spoil but you will probably get it XD)

Anyways~
I'll try get another chapter out soon. But we have another major writing assignment this week so it may be the weekend. But I'll try!!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!
DON'T FORGET THAT!!

love ya🩵

-brook

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.2K 26
Taylor's life has flipped upside down, but that doesn't mean she dislikes that. While she misses her mother, she is back on track with finding hersel...
65.2K 1.8K 62
"Space Girl, show me the stars You know the galaxies of my heart." ~ space girl by frances forever | Onyxia, the daughter of Optimus...
4K 187 13
Jack Darby's family has a long history of helping people, but his father's side of the family has a long history of being... well, slightly insane. J...
11.8K 390 45
Lora is healing. The world she was pulled into only months ago fell apart, and only now is she starting to rebuild her life. But nothing is ever that...