The Day Before Yesterday (BxB...

Oleh ShytheHyacinth

After waking, Dylan learns of the truth that his parents tried desperately to hide. The incident isn't at al... Lebih Banyak

𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝕶!
𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕
𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖆
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖞, 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞, & 𝕾𝖊𝖝
𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕿𝖞𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝕯𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚
𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓
𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖞'𝖘 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞
𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘
𝕬 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝕴𝖓 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖉𝖊
𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 & 𝕽𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖓𝖆𝕶𝖊𝖘
𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊
𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖍
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖓 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖘

𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉

165 10 3
Oleh ShytheHyacinth

—𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨—

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"You never told me how the meeting went." Maribella called from across the room. As I walked out from the bathroom. I came face to face in the hallway with her and she had been cleaning up some of the toys left on the ground.

We had fell into a routine. In the morning time we make breakfast as the kids played. Than we'd drop them off at the nearest daycare as we worked to establish relations with the locals. We've built at least three schools at this point of my internship and all is well.

Well that's a lie. Everything was well except the mood I had been in. It's been a week since I last saw Jayden and I knew it'd be months until we saw each other again.

Everything was picking up and I couldn't just up and leave each time I missed him. If I stayed on the grind and everything went to plan, I would've completed the hours of service to the realms to earn my masters. I'd be able to work as a head master in any campus in the supernatural realms.

I was hoping to work from home mainly and just upkeep the inner workings of each campus. I'd be the boss of the whole educational interworks.

Just like Maribella.

"I was bitter about having to leave him, but it was fine." I shrugged while cracking open a bottle of elixir.

"Still have that headache?" She asked as she held a hearty handful of the children's toys.

"Yeah, and this is the only thing that gives me any peace." I muttered as I drank a gulp and pushed the cork back into the mild tasting elixir I made myself.

"Maybe we can stop by a local healer on our way to the construction site today." She offered as she spelled the toys back into the children's room. They had been making noise from the other side of the house, probably enjoying Phoenix's company.

That was the first fennec fox they'd ever seen, I couldn't bear to tell them she wasn't a pet so I've let them enjoy their time with her. She's really helped them work through a lot of their traumas.

"No, I'm fine, there's no point." I swatted her concerned gaze away as I pulled out a pair of glasses from the side of my backpack and put them on.

"You packed lunch right? We have a meeting on the other side of the city and our translator may be a bit late so it'll be a while till we start." She explained as she snapped her fingers and changed her outfit into something more appropriate for our endeavors today.

"Let's get going then." I chimed as I darted past her with an enthusiasm for the day. Despite all the heartache surrounding this decision, I wouldn't change a thing. The work we've put in has already helped countless children.

Refugees, high borns, and different mixes of hybrids across the realms.

I remember each of their stories, every last one of their names, and the feelings they left me with. The burning urge to fight for them to fit in wherever they seek to enter. No more being turned away, beaten, bruised, neglected, ostracized. None of them will ever grow up like I did, they'll have the community I wish I had been gifted.

Maribella chuckled as she followed me out of the door.

_________

"You think about cutting your hair?" Maribella asked as she kept her eyes locked on the road, driving careful through the rocky mix of terrain and gravel.

"My hair?" I asked as I leaned against the neck rest and looked through the passenger mirror.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty long." She pointed out as she reached over and twirled a strand that was pointing out wildly.

"Hmm, I don't know. I kinda like it this length. Jayden does too." I smiled as I recalled how Jayden had been enamored with the style. Just as I had been with the beard he was starting to grow.

Good fucking Goddess that man is so fine.

"Remember how he yanked our hair while he was hitting it from the—" Dimitri recalled before Maribella was rolling down the windows in the Jeep.

"Eww, okay calm your pheromones down. We get it." She scolded as she flicked a disgusted look my way.

"My bad." I blushed as I turned away to glance out the window. Feeling the breeze that flew wildly, and without a care. I noted how it carried the scent of the land and the wildlife we were constantly surrounded by.

"One day I want to visit here, maybe see more sides of the lands. The beaches, the nightlife, bougie restaurants and shit." I smiled at the thought, sending a happy grin to Maribella. She hummed and nodded at the idea.

"Yeah, if you and your husband can ever get a day of peace." She chuckled as she kindly reminded me of my duties. I sighed and then glanced in the review mirror to catch a glimpse of a giraffe literally crossing the road with her baby beside her.

"Well we don't have any kids now, so I'm sure we could find an uneventful evening in need of spicing up." I replied while cooing at the thought of getting a vacation after I'm done with school.

"Oh shit, I forgot to mention we have a new investor joining our meeting today!" Maribella chewed out as she sped up the car.

"Oh okay, we're driving reckless now." I gulped as I held the little fucking handle thing by my window, I peered over at her through my glasses and took in her nervous demeanor.

"We really need the additional funding, and being late to this meeting would probably put a bad taste in this investors mouth. He's apparently super stuck up so we have to make get him to favor us." She flicked her gaze at me while continuing through the dirt paths that switched suddenly to sleek asphalt.

She explained how his name was Luther Bonelli and he's some gazillionare with money to throw around. He wanted to meet in a newer construct in the city side so it was a little ways away from where the school would actually be built.

I think it was strange that he'd prefer to wine and dine at some fancy place than see where all the construction will take place. But hey, I've been around enough rich men to know not all of them are as down to earth as my husband.

"I'm sure he'll be willing to throw money our way, we are Tribrids of high status." I teased in a snooty way as I fixed my posture and pretended to be one of those upscale people that I usually attended balls and banquets with.

"Haha, very funny." She rolled her eyes as we continued our journey there.

_______

When we finally arrived at the place I instantly got the gentrification ick. How was someone gonna build a fucking hotel a few miles from an impoverished village?

No one gives back to smaller communities these days. If there aren't people out in the world working nonprofits I think they'd pave right over all the struggling residents.

"Wow, isn't this something." I pointed out as we pulled into the valet parking.

"Play nice Dylan, and warp into something a little nicer I think we're underdressed." She instructed after she sent me a stern warning at my visual distaste for the wealth that did nothing for nobody.

I snapped on an outfit that mirrored something I'd wear back at the palace. I was actually wearing our kingdom's colors and suddenly felt a tad homesick.

Or regular sick, my stomach was churning and I had to blame it on my nerves. This meeting had to sail smoothly, and deliver us straight to the pockets of Mr. Bonelli.

"Come on." The headmistress waved over as she took long strides towards the Starlight hotel. I had to do a double take at her outfit.

"Damn, you ate that." I whistled as I shrieked away at the unamused glare she sent me.

I had to give it up to her, she was given a plate and most certainly ate it up. Devoured and left no crumbs. From the jewelry to the black and white chic and business attire, she was serving from head to toe. I looked cute two but damn it had to have been her confidence that made the whole look.

___________________________

"Don't dally little cub, we are already more than fashionably late." She told as she outstretched a hand for me and walked with me in tow.

I took sparing glances at the people who filled the space. All wealthy, with some form of business of pleasure to handle. They moved around the space without a measly care to the chaos outside. I wondered if some of the children I worked with had even seen a fraction of this luxury in their lives.

I guess that was my drive to change their lives and advocate on their behalf, so one day they'd be strolling into places like this. Accepted everywhere and included in the rooms where all the decisions happened.

"Focus on the task at hand Dylan." Maribella reminded as we paused before a door. I hadn't even realized we had made it to the meeting spot.

I had to take a deep breath before I nodded at her to open the door.

The moment she did my nerves were at a standstill as I took in all the faces of the room. Most I recognized, people and agencies we've been working hand in hand with.

Out of all of them only one or two were investors. They tended to sign a check and leave us to work in the projects. The ones that stayed were genuinely looking forward to seeing the schools developed.

A semi-tall boisterous looking man chatted from the head of the table. When spotting us he gave a quick a once over at the headmistress before locking his eyes with me. He paused for a moment before lingering at anywhere but my face.

"Ahh, you must be my new partners!" He called while waving us over to the empty seats besides him. There was one on each side of him but when Maribella approached she had someone move so that she was seated between Bonelli and I.

"Mr. Bonelli an honor." She smiled softly as she shook his hand. He nodded and then turned to offer his hand towards me.

"You must be the younger tribrid, I never caught your name?" He asked as I took his hand. His scent was heavy of liquor yet he spoke sober enough. But I realized he just naturally had a scent of cigars and whiskey, the first wolf I've ever met that smelt like a rich douche bag.

"Dylan, Dylan Beaumont." I replied gracefully as I pulled my hand away once I realized he was lingering.

"You both look wonderful! I've ordered everything the menu has to offer so after brief proceedings we'll dine." He revealed smugly as if to wave his wealth before us.

He can wave that shit all he wants, I'm just here for a check so I can dip. Or better yet so he can forget all about this project and go spend his money on something trivial as we build four more schools.

"Oh, how thoughtful." I smiled as I pretended to be astonished by his wealth. He grinned at my feigned allure before snapping his fingers for his lawyers to hand us some documents.

We spent the next hour negotiating where the money would be allocated and what was the best amount that could set up the next step in our mission.

The headmistress did most of the talking when it came to the numbers whereas I was the 'heart and soul.'

I told Bonelli about those we helped so far in our mission and what progress we've made in the fight for hybrid equality.

I shit you the fuck not, this man sat there staring at me like I was speaking gibberish but he kept a burning contact with my lips.

I began to bite at my bottom lip because I was starting to feel self conscious.

Suddenly without a single word, he was whipping out a pen and scribbling another hundred thousand onto the contract.

His lawyer shifted besides him and tried his best not to show his frustration as Bonelli ripped up the previous check and updated the amount.

"I love the way in which you speak, very passionate. In my language we have a word for it but I don't know the English translation." He explained with a hearty laugh. I was shocked and I could do nothing but grasp at a string of messy thank you's.

The headmistress was beaming at the amount as her hands shakily took the check.

"Thank you Sir, this is enough to cover additional reading material, as well as emergency expenses. Maybe even enough to set up a few—" She began to explain before he waved away her sentiments.

"Yeah don't mention it, I am starved and I bet you are too. Let us eat and then we'll discuss me tagging along to see the completion of the next two schools." He says while leaning back in his chair and clapping for the waiters to begin serving the courses that he had pre-ordered.

"Tagging along?" I questioned with a twitch in my eye that he thankfully missed. He smirked at me and I was suddenly disappointed he missed it.

"I don't just throw my money around Mr. Beaumont. I am a business man. I like to stick around close enough that the money is going to the right cause." He explained as he scratched at his graying beard.

"Right." Maribella replied before she nudged me, noticing the disgust that creeped into my face as I tried not to mean mug him like Jayden would.

"Of course." I smiled halfheartedly as I glanced down at the check in Maribella's hand and back over towards him.

The food was pretty good, I had something light and left room for some dessert. I had this mango mocktail and fruity cake thing that were so fucking delicious I had to stop myself from gripping my fork and moaning aloud.

Also I had a few bites of whatever dessert the headmistress selected. Which was fine cause she hated sweets and probably got it for me anyways.

I got up after several discussions about the political status of the world and education system as a whole so that I could go pee. On my way over to the bathroom a waiter flew by with a plate of sushi.

Now had it looked appetizing? Hell to the fuck yes.

Did it smell like Auntie Rae's attempt at making a Moosegoose pie....?

Yeah, and I couldn't make it to the toilet quick enough. I fucking threw up everything in my stomach since breakfast. Which was somehow more painful than hacking up chunks of vomit itself.

"Nooooo, my mocktail." I groaned pathetically as I leaned against the toilet paper dispenser bolted to the stalls wall.

"Eww, what the fuck." Dimitri gagged from within as if he was grossed out by me.

"This is our body." I reminded as I teared up from the frustration I felt with myself. I should've gone and saw the fucking healer. I probably caught something from drinking the fucking water or something.

"Our body yet I wouldn't have let us get to this state, now look at your nasty ass, huddled on the floor." He scolded causing tears to actually fall down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry." I muttered aloud causing Dimitri to sigh and help me off the ground and out of the stall.

As I started to clean myself off in the sink and mirror the bathroom door opened and I was met with the sigh of Mr. Bonelli's wide frame. He was somewhat short and stalky for an Alpha. He was barely kissing the height of most Beta's I knew.

"Oh hi Mr. Bonelli, I was just heading back." I said as I shuffled passed him awkwardly not missing how he was ogling my figure once again.

"Dylan can I ask you something?" He voices in a slow drawl with whatever accent he had piercing my ears harshly.

My headache isn't gonna give me any rest after this interaction, I guaranteed it.

"Are you single?" He asked while smiling at me in an awkward manner which took me a while to process as his flirting gaze.

"Happily married actually." I said as I lifted up my hand to show him my ring. I think I was wearing the eighth from the collection of a dozen my husband gifted me.

Goddess if he was here right now he'd probably have pummeled this guy for just looking at me.

Bold of him to ask a question like that to a business partner.

"What a shame he's not here, I would've taught him how to give you all the adoration you deserve. Like a real man! Shower you with gifts and lavish dinners right before his eyes." Bonelli boasted as he puffed out his big disproportionate ass chest from his body. He flexed his wealth again.

This dude was like a fucking peacock but had none of the suave elegance. He was just trashy.

"Mr. Bonelli, my husband is a King. Meaning I'm a Lunos and the light of his life. I'm showered with gifts on a daily basis." I told plainly as I stood up straight and watched his expression morph into an angered mess of embarrassment.

"Hope to see you around the construction site, today was a pleasure." I taunted slyly as I gave him a wave goodbye and warped into the lobby where Maribella had been waiting for me.

"We got his money Dyl!" She gushed before she took notice of my exasperated expression.

"That's fantastic, at least the prick was good for something. Now please get me home I think I'm about to keel over." I huffed out as I leaned against her. She pressed a hand to my head and the other to hers before she shook her head in disbelief.

"I knew we should've gone to the healer. Come on cub, let's go."

_________

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

I shamelessly admit that I was a coward with a silver tongue.

I convinced Maribella to drop the idea of me seeing a healer as of now. I really hated doctors even if a healer was a natural and holistic version of one. Besides my headache finally subsided, turns out I just needed a good nap.

For the next few weeks rolling into months, I was doing positively peachy. I was getting work done, doing business deals, taking time to train younger hybrids to harness their powers. I didn't even have to deal with Bonelli, he was around all the hours I wasn't.

It's safe to say I was successfully devouring my entire internship.

My health was also great since my last episode. I avoided all foods that could make me even the slightest bit queasy and I was able to dodge the nausea that struck at random. I mainly followed my primal wolf like intuition and went from there.

It was definitely the air or something where we had last been located. We were now in Iceland and all the fresh air and rolling hills did wonders on my cold.

I was cured.

The food was bland so all I could eat and tolerate was potatoes and pickles in the morning and mangoes at random times of the day. But other than that I am—

"Dylan, I think you're not okay. Not even remotely close." Maribella's concerned voice filled the quaint cottage we had been renting out as we established a new school.

"What makes you say that?" I asked as I continued to eat my snack from the spot where I sat on the ceiling.

"You're literally levitating and drinking pickle juice while chomping on a cream cheese filled bell pepper slices and eating mango chips." She pointed out while pointing towards my wonderful midafternoon snack. Though the way she did didn't feel so wondrous.

"Mango chips are my latest invention and craving. I don't appreciate your slandering of them." I frowned while offering my pickle juice towards her. It was in a pink tumbler and the bright green sloshed around causing her to grimace.

"Your last invention was a squash and mango smoothie with a side of deviled eggs so I'll slander when I want." She began before she threw up her hand in exhaustion.

"Dylan, my darling sun cub. Please go see a healer." She begged once more as she pointed out an array of weird traits and antics I've been displaying. She thinks I probably caught something in Paraguay.

To be fair I think I was bitten by something in the water while we had gone playing with the kids and it could've been that. I never did figure out what it was but it definitely wasn't poisonous.

"We can't be the same person. You lack so much common sense you've convinced me it isn't common." Dimitri insulted harshly making me fight the urge to cry.

Then while I was telling him he was being mean and making me sad, he felt sad and almost starts crying in return. Now we were both a fucking mess and I miss my fucking husband.

It's been seven months since I've been gone for my internship and nearly four since I last saw Jayden. I just want to ride his dick and this is all really confusing.

"Are you crying?" Maribella asked while putting a hand in front of her mouth to mask her disgust.

"No." I said as tears were actively pouring down my face like a leaky faucet.

"Right.....I have a vague idea on what's going on but I'm not too thrilled about it. Really shit timing kid." She muttered the last part beneath her breath as she waved me over to the ground so she could warp us.

"Socrates, you're in charge of the cottage while we're gone. Phoenix would probably burn it down." Maribella told her owl who chirped happily. Phoenix looked insulted for a moment but I swear she just shrugged and went about her business like it was true.

I made a silent note to keep my more volatile ingredients from Phoenix next time I'm brewing potions.

The healer was definitely of Scottish decent.

That was the first thing I noticed when we waltzed into her humble abode and place of practice. She was a flash of pure red hair with graying streaks, and a sharp accent. The cottage itself was cozy and super old-school witchy. It reminded me of my mom's old workshop which then reminded me of her and pops.

Then I spiraled and realized how long it's been since I last saw my family and I felt like crying all over again.

I hope this lady could help me find what my deal was. If I spent another hour on these ups and down I probably would've died.

She examined me briefly before she crept around her workshop like she was performing a dance. She moved with skill and each item she grabbed for her spell was methodical. She finished her incantation with a chime of a bell before she rubbed some mossy goop on my palm.

"That took away the nausea right?" She asked in a silky aged voice, like wine from a beautifully crafted barrel.

"Yeah a bit? But I'm not super nauseous, I've been doing better since a few months ago when I caught a bug." I told truthfully before her eyes kinda squinted at me and flicked her gaze to Maribella who was pinching her nose and groaning.

"Darling, your an omega correct?" The little healer asked as she shook some beads around me in a intricate rhythm.

"Yep." I said as I popped the 'p' in a playful manner. I was an omega amongst other things.

"You're married, and mated I presume?" She asked as she flicked a glance towards my ring.

I smiled and nodded my head. She smiled back at me before she open the jar of beads and they exploded into a fine dust-like manner, leaving behind some weird shaped dialect throughout the blue mason jar.

"Well you tell the lucky wolf I said congratulations, you just made them a daddy." She revealed causing my eyes to bulge out from my head and my jaw to drop.

"I'm pregnant?!??"

_______

I'm instantly in tears of joy. My hands caressed my tummy and I suddenly noticed that it did seem a little bit more plump than usual. I thought I was a bit bloated from the weird fucking food but the baby was the cause of the weird cravings.

I was squealed in excitement one moment, skipping across fields of flowers the next, and sobbing two seconds later when the realization slapped me back to reality.

"I'm p-pregnant and nowhere near done with my masters! I can't believe how careless I was." I cried and managed to voice through loud sniffles.

"Calm down cub, calm down." Maribella begged as I shook my head and continued hyperventilating against the cold grassy fields beneath me.

"I'm nowhere near done with my i-internship and I still don't know where I want to be work in the future or even how I'm s-s-supposed to work while being Lunos! I'm so stupid." I sobbed even louder as I felt the minuscule snap of Jayden's concern in the bond.

He definitely felt me reaching out to him through the bond. It was the only way I could reach him since my service is always so horrific. I couldn't even send a decent gramophone spell his way, and that was primal communication magic.

"Dylan you have changed more lives than I could even dream of in nearly eight months of work. Once we finish up here and travel to Cambodia, I think you would've reached all the credited nonprofit you need to complete your masters." She spoke with a positive air about her that halted my fit of emotions.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you are gonna be a Head Master. With that title you can work from home and manage the inner workings of every school we've built. You can raise your kids and as you do so, visit the campuses on occasion." She further illustrated with a glowing grin that split my heart in two.

"Are you serious?" I sniffled as I tried my best to smile through the mess of emotions.

"Yes! You get to graduate even earlier than I expected, then you can get a little downtime comes next month. Granted you'll probably be five months pregnant by then so the baby will start kicking like a menace. Downtime might be a bold presumption." She explained while throwing in the joke towards the end lightening the mood.

"Oh my Goddess. This is actually happening. Is this actually happening? Holy smokes." I hyperventilated once more as I wafted the sudden still sitting air towards me.

"It's happening Dylan. You're gonna go home soon." She nudged me softly as she helped me up and pulled me close to her.

"Now, let's go get you and your Royal parasite some pickles or mangoes or whatever it's in the mood for." She offered drawing out an array of giggles from the both of us.

"A baby." Dimitri sighed dreamily from with my head. I grinned in delight at the words.

Guess I should've expected this from the way Jay and I had been going at it.

I wonder what he's gonna think? I hope the news doesn't shock him too much.

—𝐀 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫—

"Hey, be careful with that! That's for the students orientation day and I'd prefer it in one piece." I growled at the wolf who manhandle a marble statue of the school mascot.

It was of an owl and a fennec fox posed together. We put one down at every school and gave the students to take pictures with it for our school memorial.

The man took a quick glance at me and saw how I was visibly round and it would be best not to mess with me. Because despite being round, the glare I sent him meant business.

"Sorry sir, it's a little heavy." He told as he scratched the back of his head. I nodded slowly at the realization and felt bad that I couldn't cast a spell to help him out.

Whilst pregnant I was a useless sack of potatoes. I couldn't warp, I couldn't use complex magic or shift forms. I couldn't even drink certain blood types. Everything was bad for the baby.

"Hey what are you still doing here? After you got Jayden's letter I thought you'd be prancing around the palace by now?" Maribella's voice sounded from a little ways behind me making me pause.

"I don't know, I'm not ready to go. I've grown accustomed to the traveling and the teaching. I kinda even miss you, despite me still being here." I pouted earning a soft smile from Maribella.

"Here, you take this locket little cub, wherever I am, no matter how far, I will be there if you press it." She rung with truth as she held the little golden sun shaped necklace my way. I gasped at its beauty and felt the low magical hum from it as I clasped it on.

_______________________________

"I'm gonna really miss you."

"Oh hush, no tears. I'm planning on popping in right around the baby shower or whatever you royals do." She reassured as she wiped my tears gently from my face.

"Probably have a ball?" I shrugged earning an amused glance from me before she gave me a gentle hug.

"Goodbye, sun cub."

"Goodbye, Maribella."

Next thing I know, I was on the next warp over to the palace and even with the strength of her magic it took several minutes for my arrival. It was only then I grasped the sheer distance I had been from my old life.

I probably spooked the herald by my sudden flash before the palace entrance. He recovered almost immediately and did his whole announcement spiel.

Although I don't think anyone was there to hear it or recieve me since I kinda returned without notice. I reached out to Jayden through the bond and was met back with silence.

I was wearing a long cloak and reached over to feel my belly through the material.

"Where's my husband?" I muttered beneath my breath as I dropped my belongings in the hand of the nearest guard who was happy to take my things to our room.

I began walking towards my room when I found myself bumping into a familiar face.

"Oh? My Lunos, you've returned." She gasped as she helped me stabilize myself, she rested a hand against the side of my stomach and one on my arm.

She paused once she realized that I was with child and immediately removed her hands and bowed.

"Your Grace, what wonderful news. An heir—" She began to rant before I was shushing her and waving my hands to tell her to quiet down.

"Shhh, I am planning on keeping it a secret till I find my husband and tell him." I informed her shyly as I put a palm to my stomach to calm the baby's fidgety movements.

"Well it would have to be the night of the banquet My Liege. His majesty is away on some neighboring business and won't be back till tomorrow night." She informed as her eyes stayed locked on my belly. It wasn't intrigue that flashed in her eyes but something entirely foreign to me in that moment.

Regardless I nodded and tried my hardest not to let the words upset me.

'I guess I'd have to keep the secret a little while longer. It wouldn't hurt to tell my court though.' I thought to myself as I watched Arielle bow and make a swift departure.

"I guess it's you and me until your papa's home. Let me go introduce you to your aunties and uncles." I whispered beneath my breath as I felt the baby kick me softly in response.

"Yeah I know nugget, I'm happy to be home too." I beamed as I made happy strides through the castle. Relishing on how great it was to be home.

To Be Continued

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Lover boys~ Oleh owlboyo

Fiksi Penggemar

1.9K 20 25
Welcome! This story includes !gore! !depression! !rants! !smut! !slight strong language! !abuse! Now what it's about | | Evan was a good child with a...
6.5M 149K 38
PUBLISHED! Now available on Amazon! [Disclaimer: due to copyright reasons, chapters have been taken down. The full book can only be accessed through...
18.4K 461 22
2013 © Loosing her mother and the hands of her father at a young age Alex grew distant from her classmates. She became, "That Girl" She didn't trust...
2.7K 146 20
In a world where secrets lurk beneath every shadow, Skylar's encounter with a mysterious figure in a dimly lit alley sets her on an extraordinary pat...