Double Cross

By KayyLoveeee

1. All Of Me 2. Love Hurts 3. Double Cross More

Cast ✨
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.

6.

403 38 7
By KayyLoveeee

A couple of months have passed since Cali and Jonah were told about the history between their families, and they couldn't have been any closer. It was currently homecoming week at Clark Atlanta and the crew was tailgating before the game.

Jonah smiled as he took a few pictures of Cali. He usually wasn't the type to take pictures of other people, but he loved her fit which consisted of baggy blue jeans, a white cropped top, a red and black CAU letterman's jacket, and red and white dunks. In the words of Kyran, Cali definitely put that shit on.

"What's up, yall?" One of the star basketball players, Rico said as he approached the crew.

Cali smiled. "Hey, Rico."

It was clear that Cali had a slight crush on Rodrico Mason Jr. They shared an elective together and they were both from Tennessee, but he's from Chattanooga. However, he and his mother moved to Atlanta after his parents divorced when he was fifteen. He knew Asia, Kyran, and Jonah when he was in the eleventh grade and they were in the tenth.

Rico smirked. "I see you got that shit on today. You never dress like this for class!" He teased. Rico also found Cali attractive and always made sure he sat next to her in class or walked with her around campus every chance he got.

"Don't do my friend, Rodrico." Asia chimed in.

"What I tell you about that?" Rico asked. "Everybody calls me Rico except you."

Asia sucked her teeth. "You better ask my man—I ain't everybody! I'm not about to sit here and call you by your nickname! What's on your birth certificate? What do you put when you filling out that financial aid application, nigga?"

"I'm on a scholarship, girl." Rico retorted.

Cali, Jonah, and Kyran were currently cracking up at the two of them. Rico and Asia have been bickering since they met in high school.

"Boy, fuck you and your scholarship." Asia said.

"Aye, y'all chill." Kyran said who was still laughing.

"Yeah, chill before I don't invite you over to my stepdad's tent." Rico told her.

"Oh, shit. I didn't know he was here." Jonah said as he rushed over to the tent.

"Hold on, man." Kyran said while grabbing Asia's hand and following behind Jonah.

Rico shook his head before turning his attention to Cali. "You got any plans later on?" He asked her.

"Umm, I know they want to go party with the Ques but I don't know if I want to go." Cali replied.

"Why not?" Rico said.

"Parties aren't my scene." Cali told him.

"Aight, I understand." Rico sighed. "I have to be there since I am an Omega man; however, I do want to see your pretty face before the night is over. How about we meet up before the party and grab a bite to eat?"

Cali blushed a little before nodding. "Yeah, that'll work. We can get something simple like Waffle House. I've been craving some of their cheese eggs."

Rico laughed. "No lie, that All Star meal been on my mind heavily since this morning."

Cali laughed as well. "Then Waffle House it is."

"C'mon over here and get you a couple of ribs, girl." Rico said as he escorted her to the tent.

-

"You have a date?!" Both Zuri and Jasmine exclaimed on the Group FaceTime call as they watched Cali get dressed.

"It's not a d—"

"Yes it is!" Asia shouted as she walked into Cali's room with a bag of Doritos. "His name is Rodrico and he's one of the bruhz."

"Ooooooo!" Zuri and Jasmine hyped.

"See, we can always count on Asia to spill the tea. Tell us more." Zuri said.

"He's a twenty year old junior, one of the star basketball players—and he does have a chance of going pro, but he wants to focus on his studies before even thinking about going to the NBA because basketball won't be here forever." Asia told them. "Y'all wanna see a picture of him? He's kinda strong in the face."

"Yes!" Both of the women stated.

Cali shook her head as she finished getting herself dressed. She decided to wear a baby blue cropped sweatshirt with sweatpants to match and brown platform uggs. Cali took off the scarf from her head that perfectly laid her low side part bun.

"Y'all, look at her! Showing off her curves!" Asia said as she picked up Cali's MacBook so Jasmine and Zuri could see.

Cali quickly grabbed her MacBook and turned her back towards Asia. "I'll talk to y'all later." She told her older sister and cousin before hanging up. She turned to Asia and slightly mugged her. "It's not a date."

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry." Asia surrendered. "Let's see if Rodrico can bribe you into going to this party. I can't participate, but you can."

"Chile, nobody is about to pick my fat ass up." Cali replied as she changed out her red Coach purse for her brown Kate Spade crossbody.

"You are not fat—you are thick! And Rodrico will pick you up." Asia said while she began to do a little twerk, making Cali laugh. "Girl, the Ques would love your thick ass."

"Too bad I'll never find out." Cali said, looking down at her phone. "I'm about to head out. Rico is outside."

"Alright, girl. Don't hunch on the first date." Asia joked.

Cali playfully rolled her eyes before heading to the exit of the apartment. She made sure the door was locked before meeting Rico at the bottom of the steps.

"Damn, girl." Rico said as he went in for a hug which Cali accepted. "You look good and you smell good."

Cali blushed. "Thank you. You're not too bad yourself."

Rico laughed as he escorted Cali to his car. "Thank you, beautiful."

They got into the car and made the quick drive to Waffle House. It was pretty full with college kids and partygoers, but they were able to find a booth in the back of the restaurant. Rico dapped a couple of people on their way to the booth due to him gaining popularity since high school and his freshman year of college.

"Rico! I see ya, boy!" One of the cooks said from behind the counter.

Cali let out a small giggle as she slid into the booth. Rico smirked at her while sitting down as well. "What's funny, huh?" He teased.

Cali giggled again. "He sounds like a drunk uncle at the cookout."

"Hell, he damn sure be drunk but he makes the best food." Rico replied, making Cali laugh.

"I saw him outside smoking a cigarette the first time I came here—that's how I knew the food hit." Cali said.

Rico chuckled as he nodded. "Facts."

The server approached their table and began to set up their silverware. "Hey, babies. How y'all doing?" The middle aged woman said.

"We're good. How are you?" Rico replied.

"I'm good. What can I get y'all to drink?"

Rico gestured Cali to go first which she did. "I'll take some orange juice."

"I'll take the same." Rico said. "Is it okay if we go ahead and order our food too?"

"Of course. Go ahead." The waitress told them. They both ordered their food and the waitress began to call out the order to the cooks as she gave them their orange juice.

"So, you still not going to the party?" Rico asked.

Cali shook her head. "I don't think so. I heard how y'all get down at those parties."

Rico laughed. "Just don't drink the oil and you'll be straight."

"It sounds like you want me to go." Cali said.

"I do." Rico replied with a smirk. "I'll make sure you have fun."

-

"I can't believe you decided to come party with the bruhz!" Asia squealed. "I'm gonna make sure you're at the front when they start—"

"Asia, chill." Kyran told his girlfriend.

"I just want her to see them hop!" Asia defended.

"No, you want them to pick my big ass up." Cali chimed in.

"Not them! Just Rodrico!" Asia replied.

Kyran looked at Jonah who was currently shaking his head. "You hear this shit?" He asked his best friend.

"This shit is beyond me." Jonah said.

All of a sudden, the music stopped and barks could be heard. Asia quickly grabbed Cali's wrist and pushed through the crowd to get to the front. Both Kyran and Jonah stood against the wall. It was officially beyond them now.

"Asia, please." Cali begged as she became nervous.

"You'll be fine. It's gonna be fun." Asia assured her friend.

Cali was about to say something until she spotted Rico. She smiled as they began to say their chant and Rico made eye contact with her. Asia, who was currently recording on her phone, began to squeal when she noticed them eyeing each other.

Things began to heat up during the performance and a few girls were picked up from the crowd. "See, they're only picking up small girls. I should've kept my ass back there with Kyran and Jonah." Cali told Asia.

"Girl, hush." Asia retorted. "You messing up my video."

Cali sucked her teeth. "I'm going back there."

Just when Cali was about to turn around, Rico picked her up with ease causing her to gasp. The crowd began to get louder as Cali wrapped her arms around Rico's neck tightly.

Asia screamed as Rico began to bounce Cali against his pelvic area. "Look at my best friend! Girl, stop looking so scared!" Asia shouted while continuing to record.

"Rico done picked Cali up." Kyran said to Jonah who was texting on his phone. Jonah looked up and couldn't help but have a sour look on his face. He didn't like that one bit. "You good, nigga?"

Jonah nodded. "Yeah, I'm cool."

Kyran smirked as he continued to watch the show. He knew Jonah was feeling a way, but he would never admit it.

-
-
-
-
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 4.8K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
254K 8.8K 52
Dave and Keegan Are Back And This Time With A Bigger Family. 1st: The New Girl Own The Block 2nd: Rotten Apple 3rd: This Ain't Love This The Fourth...
KA$H'MERE By Kem M.

General Fiction

106K 3.3K 58
COMPLETED Editing in Progress ×Chapter Count: 53 Highest Ranking (s) : #74 in General Fiction , #44 in Thug. K A S H ' M E R E G O L D Her story...