Met Her Through The Media

By SapphireeVixenn

Nadalia Saint An ambitious, outgoing, persuading and level-heded girl attending her first years of universit... More

Meet Nadalia
Meet Dakota
*Authors Note*
~Prologue~
❦Night before
❦ Small world
❦Why are you laughing
❦Dads will be dads
❦Spark one up for friends
❦ Fox Chapter For The Books
❦That was unexpected
❦Long Saturday
❦Stomach of..Frogs?
❦No time for denial
❦Niylah the Hair-apist
❦You like Ambré?
❦So much going on
❦It was needed
❦She knows
❦Truth or Drink
❦Held Convos
❦What will this mean?
❦Just admit it
❦Bestie Time
❦Satisfaction brought it back
❦Kickback not so kick-backed?
❦One thing to another
❦Problem Solved
❦Not a Date
❦Miss Scorpio
❦Miss Taurus
❦Avoidance
❦Standing on what?
❦In the Midst
❦Actions have Consequences
❦What a feeling

❦Pretty girls mope too

464 22 8
By SapphireeVixenn

D.M
October 15th

"I did not intend to purchase this much today" the average height lightskin spoke to Dakota to which the girl then laughed at even though she couldn't relate. She was always prepared to spend more than what she may have or haven't intended.

The mother and Daughter decided to have a day at The Pike Outlets to browse and shop as well as just spending time with each other. Right now they decided to stop at the Cold Stone Creamery to rest their feet as well as consume something tasty. This would also be a way for Kora to tell her daughter the news she's been holding to herself for the past two days due to not wanting to discuss such important matters over the phone.

Little did Kota know, Dakota had been sensing something was weighing on her mother. She didn't bring it up because she wanted the older version of her to come out with it on her own and not feel forced. Lucky for her though she didn't have to wait too long since as soon as the two received their ice cream and sat at a table, her mother spoke.

"Kota bear, you know how much me and your father love you right, even though it may seem opposite at times from us always putting you between our quarrels. We do love you" Dakota's face held a slight frown as her heart was slowly picking up its pace. She felt as though she had a sense of what her mother would say next, but she also didn't know where the hell the woman was going with her speech.

"Yea mama but what that gotta do with anything? Just tell me I don't need the softness before the blow" Dakota wasn't trying to be rude or come off as disrespectful and harsh, but she also just wanted whatever that needed to be said, said.

Kora softly nodded as a small smile tugged at her lips to the realization that her daughter was such a mix of her and Deandre. She was very understanding of things and blunt like herself but also wanted to get to the point of things quickly without much sugarcoating like her father.

"Well me and Deandre decided that we are going to separate for a while" Kora laid out straightly.

Dakota looked at her mother's face as her brain started o the process of the information. She didn't know if she should feel sadness or relief. She knew her parents marriage was slowly becoming toxic but she still held onto the image of them before everything turned left. She also found it crazy how after claiming to be so in love with someone as well as with them for eighteen years that all of that can just crumble and over what?

That's the thing that really bothered Dakota. Her parents were so fine until they suddenly weren't. There weren't any signs she saw or anything. It made her believe that love just wasn't real or held enough weight to be prolonged. It's exactly why she stayed away from such, but deep down, a part of her had hope that they would fix their relationship.

"Oh" Dakota finally responded before another thought crossed her mind "so is y'all getting a divorce..?" She questioned lowly.

Kora's eyes widened slightly as she was expecting that to be questioned but at the same time crossed her fingers that it wouldn't, "No kota, we just need some space from each other. We've been together for so long which is bound to cause some bumps but that's why they say 'distance makes the heart grow fonder'."

Dakota scoffed at the bullshit saying her mother used as she felt that it didn't make sense, if love was real and strong you shouldn't need to be apart from your partner to feel and know that. At the same time she noticed that maybe she didn't want her parents to work on their marriage any more, just by what her mother said.

"I guess" Dakota replied simply as she realized the rest of her ice cream was completely melted. Smacking her lips she threw it away in the nearest trash can before resting her arms on the table "if y'all think that's best or the solution then alright."

Dakota's mother looked at her daughter intently, trying to find any hidden emotion behind her eyes or in the tiny spaces of her face. She finally deciphered that the eighteen year old girl was wary of the situation but at the same time content with what was said and agreed on.

"Well enough about me and your sperm donor" Kora said in playfulness, gaining the chuckle she strived for from her daughter "how have you been, especially with your art?"

Dakota released a small smile as she always did when asked about her passion. She was also glad to return to regular conversation with her mother about normal things that didn't require her father.

                                        <33

N.S
October 15th

"Dolly why are you still being a mope?" Nadalia's mother asked from the door frame of her door. She had came up to her room to check on her again to see if her spirits were better but no. The girl was still in the same mood as she was earlier and yesterday. She stayed cuddled up in her bed and cooped up in her room which was unusual because she'd always come down to watch tv with her parents or have talks with them. She hasn't even spent time with Indiah and the girl lives literally 8 minutes away.

They've asked her what was wrong a few times but decided to just leave her alone since she kept saying she was fine and needed to recollect herself. Her mom on the other hand was getting tired of seeing her daughter in such a way.

"I'm not mom I just need rest" She lied.

"I'm coming back up here in a few hours and you better be in a better mood or I will make your father pick you up out this bed and take you to the shop to help him, M serye!" Lanai said dramatically. Even though Nadalia tried her best to hold back her laugh, it eventually bellowed out.

"Okayy momm" she dragged. Nadalia's mother smiled in triumph before exiting the room and closing the door. Nadalia finally decided to get up from her comfortable position and walk herself to her bathroom to look at herself in the mirror.

"Oh no, I need my hair did!" She voiced in a concerned tone that was also wrapped in disbelief at her appearance. She intended to take out the hairstyle sooner but she had been pretty lazy.

She walked out of the bathroom and back to her room, retrieving her phone and going to her messages and clicking on Niylah's contact.

Hey are you busy today I was wondering if you can do me a quick style?

She originally wanted to get a sew-in, but the girl who normally does her weaves and installs was booked all week so she decided that if Niylah could, she'd be able to get a high braided ponytail with two tails.

NiyNiy💇🏽‍♀️
I'm not why?

Look at her improving with her text back game

Nadalia thought to herself as she was typing in her reply.

I was wondering if you can do a high braided ponytail with two tails?

NiyNiy💇🏽‍♀️
Sure you can come through right now

Nadalia hearted the message as she rushed to her closet to put on a quick outfit that consisted of a pair black biker shorts and a pink Gap hoodie. She freshened herself up before going downstairs and notifying her parents where she'd be and what she'd be doing.

Her parents didn't argue with her against it due to them being grateful that she was getting up and out.

When Nadalia arrived at Niylah's complex, the girl was on the phone and seemed to be in a heated conversation.

"No bro this the third time you've lied about the shit. Why promise me something and not do it, especially since I let it slide the first time" Niylah mouthed to Nadalia to go to the bathroom and wait for her to which she obliged. Not wanting to intrude on whatever the older woman was handling.

The two continued going back and forth but whatever they were saying couldn't be heard upon Nadalia's ears. Two minutes later Niylah walked into the bathroom and sat the phone on the sink, putting it on speaker.

"Niylah bro please don't play with me right now" The feminine raspy voice said. Nadalia recognized it to be Jada's.

"My name is deadass on your face and I'm the one who did it, you not goin nowhere" Niylah rolled her eyes at the comment that her girlfriend seems to always bring up.

"Please as fuck, if you tell me we flying out one more time to turn around and make another excuse imma scratch this shit off" Niylah spoke. Nadalia laughed, feeling more comfortable in the situation she seemed to arrive in. She thought the two were arguing over something major and she would've hated being In witness to such. She also found Niy's threat funny.

Jada was also laughing on the other side of the phone, "I thought I had everything together but I promise next time I tell you it'll be for real alright?" Niylah didn't say anything yet as she began taking out Nadalia's hair to wash it.

"Yeah yeah" she responded in a bored like tone. Jada smacked her lips at her girlfriend's attitude "calm down girl but I'm finna pull up at my cousin's so imma talk to you later."

"You better" Niylah said quickly and seriously resulting in a chuckle to be released from Jada "of course my heart, I love you."

Nadalia turned her head slightly to look over at Niylah, catching a hard to contain smile stretching on her face.

"I love you more" She finally said back before they ended the call. Nadalia absolutely loves the two's relationship but being in witness of it right now made her feel an ache. It also reminded her of why she's been in the slump the last two days.

Niylah finally started on the washing of the seated girl's hair "sorry about that, she had got on my damn nerves." She chuckled.

"You're fine, even yalls arguing is cute" Nadalia's previous feelings wiped clear as she responded. She knew she had no reason to be jealous of the two solely because she was in her feelings about a certain someone.

Niylah smiled at the comment before the two fell into a quick catch up as they were doing the first step of Nadalia's hair. When Niylah was finished rinsing the conditioner from the strands and her scalp, they then moved to the living room and started on the detangling and blow drying process.

"So how's you and Kota coming along?" Niylah ended up asking the question that Nadalia felt would soon come but wish that didn't because as soon as the Name that would usually bring her a fast heart rate and butterflies, now bringing her heart to stop and drop as well as flooding her stomach with cold wisps of air.

"Um well we kissed-" Nadalia couldn't even finish what she was attempting to say as Niylah literally used the section of hair she was working on to softly bring her head back to face her excited and eager eyes. Niylah felt like a proud mama to the baby gay.

"Shut the fuck up! When? Tell me everything!" She stated quickly before returning to her task. So that's what Nadalia did. She told her everything in the same way as she told Indiah, she even told her how she finally let everything out to Indiah.

"I'm glad you told her that means you becoming more confident in yourself and these feelings also. It must be something more to it because the way you said it ain't sound all that happy" Niylah confessed while she began slicking and molding the girl's hair.

Nadalia sighed "well I ended up asking if she had any feelings towards me since she leaned into the kiss and we spoke on the phone.."

After I sent my text, my heart and nerves were literally on fire! I had mustered up the confidence to ask and follow and go through with Indiah's advice for the last hour and now that I'm close to receiving an answer, I wished I hadn't done this at all. What if she painfully rejects me or what if she only—

The sound of my phone ringing brought me from the shackles of the flooding and painful questions that my brain was starting to have. As I looked towards the device, Dakota's contact name was shown. After looking at it in shock for three seconds, my shaking finger accepted the call and brought the phone to my ear.

It was quiet between us as I refused to be the first one to utter a word to the girl that's to blame for my now anxiously sweating body.

Gross!

"Nadalia" Her smooth voice called out "yes" I said in a tone so light.

"Alright imma just cut to the chase and not bullshit you" Dakota spoke. I started to grow more nervous, even though a part of me was awaiting her answer the majority was afraid of it being the complete opposite of what I want.

I nodded my head slowly even though she couldn't see me due to not trusting my voice to betray everything in feeling right now. I guess she took my silence as a sign to continue which I was grateful for.

"The other reason was because I like you, and I'm now noticing I have for a minute without really knowing that I have." Once the words left her mouth and vibrated through my phone and in my ear, my heart stopped.

SHE FUCKING LIKES ME TOO

"You do?" I breathlessly asked.

I heard the clearing of her throat before replying "yea, and I'm guessing you do too right, well I felt I kinda caught onto it at one point but then I thought I was just assuming shit" she said. The fact she knew kind of made me feel a way as I thought that I was very good at hiding my crush.

Instead of thinking too hard on that I replied "I do.. well— have" I straightened my position as I awaited for her next reply that seem to be taking too long for comfort.

As I was about to say something more, she finally replied "Right. Um Nadalia." She started. The tone she was speaking in started to make my heart beat faster and not the good way. My previous straight position now slouched.

"I know we both like each other and shit but as I said before I don't really do the relationships and you know I'd hate to attempt one with you and end up fucking it up you know. I think it's best we just stay friends and maybe one day I'd be in the position to try one with you" as she finished her thoughts all I could do was blankly stare at the patterns on my blanket that was draped over my lap as I processed the honest but stinging words.

I in-fact did remember her saying such but I guess I had thought maybe I'd be an exception? I was glad we could continue our friendship but I was also in regret for kissing her and starting this whole conversation. I would've felt better not knowing anything and living in a delusion. Maybe then my feelings would've eventually faded but now that I know she likes me as well, I feel like these feelings won't be leaving anytime soon.

"Um.. yeah, right I get it, maybe" I said lowly. It was silent again for a while and I so badly just wanted to hang up.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow okay" she said softly. I hummed in response before taking the phone from my ear and hanging up.

After the summarizing of the whole interaction, Nadalia finished off with additional details "and then she didn't make contact like she said and I texted asking her how she was earlier today and was left on delivered" Nadalia started to feel the sadness she's been feeling again along with embarrassment at the whole thing and how she shared it out loud. It made her think she was a loser.

Niylah on the other hand understood where Dakota was coming from and was glad the girl explained such without leading her on. But she was also heartbroken for the girl in her chair since she didn't gain much success out of this. If you first woman love woman relationship doesn't fuck you up, than that first woman crush will.

"Aw baby I'm saddened to hear that honestly but on the good side at least you know it wasn't one sided as well as not being dragged along with someone who isn't in the right mindset to carry on a relationship, that shit would've hurt even more" Niylah spoke as she was finishing up the younger girl's hair.

Nadalia silently took in what she had said and decided that she was right in a way. It brought her a bit of comfort weirdly but it didn't make her ego and heart hurt less.

"I guess yeah" she ended up muttering. Niylah was finally finished with her hair, showcasing her a bright smile.

"No more sad shit! You look way too good right now like I did that!" She stated while boosting her skills "look at yourself, you a pretty bitch and pretty bitches don't let themselves be sad!" She exclaimed. Nadalia started to smile at the hype as she looked in her phone camera and took some pictures. She looked good and when she look good she feels good too.

"You are so right" she agreed "and thank you, not just for the hair but everything" Nadalia said genuinely. Niylah smiled in return.

"Of course Nadalia it's never an issue."

Soon after Nadalia left and went home. Her parents were there which was good because she decided that she was not going to mope any longer about things she couldn't control and she was going to start that by watching a movie with her parents and going to Indiah's house tomorrow!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-Drama coming soon for everyone :P
-I also wanted to mention how my schedule for releasing chapters may be wonky due to college

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.5K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
597K 22.5K 72
𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘚𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘚𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘬𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘷𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯...
41.8K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 {𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝} As model and influencer...
157K 5.2K 38
sequel to "The Difference Between You and Me" !!!! i recommend reading that one first ^ because it gives you the beginning of Dakota and Lucy's love...