Auburn RWBY (RWBY x Male OC...

By AzureEclipse09

On hold until Volume 10. Son of Miguel (L/N) and wielder of the Silver Eyes, Azure (L/N) is a young man who d... More

Bio
Meeting the Rose
Shining Beacon
Initiation
A Badge and A Burden
In the Forever Falls
Stray Cat and Lone Wolf
Black and White (Volume 1 Finale)
Best Day Ever
Investigation
Dance Dance Infiltration
Search and Destroy
Breach at Vale (Volume 2 Finale)
Round One, Challengers!
Brawl in the Family
Fall
Battle of Beacon
End of the Beginning (Volume 3 Finale)
The Next Step
Friends and Family
Tipping Point
A Much Needed Talk
No Safe Haven (Volume 4 Finale)
Welcome to Haven
Lighting the Fire
Reunions and Rest
Calm Before the Storm
Battle of Haven (Volume 5 Finale)
Special Chapter: Ruby's Birthday
Argus Limited
Alone in the Woods
A Dead End
The Lady in the Shoe
Our Way (Volume 6 Finale)
Special Chapter: Azure's Book
Team AVRN Volume 7
The Greatest Kingdom
Pomp and Circumstance
A Night Off
Cordially Invited
Out in the Open
The Enemy of Trust (Volume 7 Finale)
Divided Teams
Faults
Our Message
In the Dark
Taking a Risk
The Final Word (Volume 8 Finale)
Strange New World
In the Ever After
Checkmate
The Cat and the Herbalist
Unexpected Arrivals
Confessions
Trouble
*Important Discussion*
AVRN Chibi - Azure
AVRN Chibi - Vert
AVRN Chibi - Rosa
AVRN Chibi - Nero
AVRN Chibi - Team AVRN
AVRN Chibi - Extras (Finale)

Reawakening (Volume 9 Finale)

574 13 3
By AzureEclipse09

Here it is. The end of Volume 9, aka the 'Ever After' Arc. This is where things shall be resolved for our two main characters. Anyways, let me guide you all towards the end of our journey in this crazy world.

P.S. This will be a very long chapter, but it'll be worth it in the end. I just couldn't split this into two chapters. It wouldn't work as well. Now then, let's go.
____________________

*1st Person POV*

Eight years ago, when I was beginning my training with Uncle Kaz, I wondered about what my father was like.

*Flashback*

It was a calm night in the outskirts of Vale, and I was sitting on a rock next to Uncle Kaz as we stayed close to the fire to keep ourselves warm.

Young Azure: "Uncle Kaz?" He looked at me. "What kind of a person was my dad? Mom would usually tell me stories about how he was a great Huntsman, a good swordsman, and a hero to those he saved, including Mom. So can you tell me, please?"

Kaz: "Sure, kid. Hmm... It's been a while, but I'll tell you what I know about your father. Let's see... he was a strong person, both in body and in mind. Back when we were training together, he did well against the common Grimm, but when it came to the bigger ones, I had to help him out. While he was physically strong, it didn't compare to his even stronger mentality. During our duels, he would always think of ways to catch me off-guard, and it allowed him to beat me several times. I may be better than him with the sword, but he sure does get the better of me from time to time. He was kind, caring to others, calm most of the time, and he was full of resolve. Add all of that together and you get Miguel (L/N), one of the best Huntsman I know." After he said that, he saw Azure with stars in his eyes.

Young Azure: "Wow! No wonder he's so awesome! My dad's the best there is!" He stands up on top of his rock. "I want to be just like him when I grow up: a strong Huntsman and a hero that saves everyone. I'm going to do my best to reach that goal!" He said while pumping a fist up into the air.

Kaz: (laughs) "Not a bad dream you have, squirt. You're young right now, but after this training, I'm sure that your mother will help you out with using your hidden Semblance after you unlock it. When you get the hang of using it, you'll definitely be on your way to becoming a Huntsman and a hero. But tell me this... Are you really sure that this is what you want to do? The road ahead will not be easy, and you'll be dealing with more than just the Grimm when you officially become a Huntsman."

Young Azure: "Yes! This is exactly what I want to do. Why else did I decide to come with you? It's to train so that I'll be ready for anything that comes my way. No matter what it is, I'll stand up tall and determined to be the person I want to be!"

Kaz: "...All right. If that's how you really feel, then I'll continue to train you so that when the day comes when the people of Remnant need a hero, you'll be there to save the day. The name 'Azure (L/N)' will be in the hearts and minds of everyone. And with that, I think it's time for sleep. Tomorrow, we'll continue our training session. Good night, Azure." He walks over to an adult-sized sleeping bag next to the fire and goes to sleep.

Young Azure: (yawns) "Yeah, okay. Good night, Uncle Kaz." He walked back to his sleeping bag and slept immediately, a smile present on their face as they dreamt about being a hero and a Huntsman in the near future.

*End of Flashback*

I woke up from what felt like a long sleep. I sat up and saw that I was in a weird place that had a dark sky and green orbs floating around. I stood up and looked to see nothing in front of me.

Azure: "What is this place?"

???: "You are in a spiritual plane of sorts."

I heard a woman say those and I turned around to see a short, brown haired woman looking at me. This surprised me.

Azure: "Oh. I didn't see you there. Um, who are you?" She walked up to me, wooden staff in her right hand, and held out her left hand towards me.

???: "My name is Cardinal. It's nice to finally meet you, Azure."

Azure: "Nice to meet you, Cardinal." I shook her hand. "How do you know who I am?"

Cardinal: "I know you because you possess a Semblance I once had. Does the name 'Incarnation' sound familiar?"

Azure: "Yeah, it does. That's the name of my second Semblance. Wait a minute... I remember you! I read a bit about you in my book. You were the one who gave Uncle Kaz Incarnation before you died. So wait, am I... Am I actually dead?!" I placed both of my hands on my head. "No. No, no, no! Argh! I'm such an idiot! Now I'll never be able to apologize to the others."

Cardinal: "Calm down, Azure. To answer your question, no, you're not dead."

Azure: "Phew." I lowered my arms and placed a hand on my chest in relief. "Thank Oum! I was scared for a second there. But then, how are you here? Where are Ruby and that Blacksmith lady we saw? Isn't she supposed to be the Tree?"

Cardinal: "Slow down for a second there. First, your precious girlfriend is fine. She's currently receiving help from the "Blacksmith lady" you two saw. Second, that lady is, in a way, the personification of the Great Tree. And lastly, I was brought here from the afterlife to help you rediscover your purpose and your identity. Last time you talked with the Tree, you weren't sure of who you were, and that is where I and a few others come in."

Azure: "A few others? What do you mean-"

Cardinal: "You'll see soon enough. Now then, let's take a walk. You are going to go through a trial of sorts, which will involve... unhappy moments from your life so far." I froze at the mention of going through my bad memories. "Don't worry, Azure. This trial will be needed to help deal with the guilt you carry right now, along with other things. Let's get started." She began walking away from me. I caught up with her and followed her as we walked further into the spiritual plane.

*3rd Person POV*

Jaune and the girls ride on Juniper from the Abandoned Acre to the forests of Origami Acre while Vert flies using his Semblance, carrying Rosa in his arms.

Rosa: "Hey, are you worried about Azure?"

Vert: "Of course I am. He's our leader and our teammate, but more importantly, he's our friend. I wasn't sure if things were all right with him ever since we got here, but now... he's gone. And I was too slow to stop him." He sighs. "I just want to know why... Why did he do it?"

Jaune: "I also don't understand! Alyx, the Pleasers, now Ruby and Azure! What does this place want?"

They arrive at a certain place. The group of four dismount Juniper, while Vert lands back on the ground and Rosa lands on her feet. They look at the waters of the destroyed village of the Paper Pleasers. Jaune stares at the Tree.

Jaune: "I don't understand... What did I do wrong?"

Weiss: "We can figure this out. There's got to be a way to get to the Tree."

???: "Hello there."

Jaune and Weiss turn to see a red star-shaped crystal Afteran carrying a basket of berries.

Red Crystal: "You appear upset. Would you be so kind as to tell me how I can help? Perhaps you are hungry?"

Jaune: (confused) "Huh? No, that's okay." He shook his head.

Red Crystal: "If I can get you anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! That's what I'm here for!"

Rosa: (confused) "Does this... seem familiar to you, Vert?"

Vert: "It does, for some odd reason."

Jaune: "What? What are you?"

Red Genial Gem: "We are the Genial Gems, and we've arrived here to clean up this beautiful land and create something wonderful and pleasing."

The group watch as the Genial Gems remove the parts of the former village of the Paper Pleasers. Then the Genial Gems wade through the waters and place their hands on it, a glowing light appears. The stream flutters in the air and transforms into a crystal structure.

Blake: "This is them, isn't it? They're back."

Weiss: "It's just like they said. They came back from the Tree, better."

Yang: "No flood or fire will ever hurt them again."

Jaune: "I tried so hard to save them... I stopped them from becoming what they needed to be. I was being selfish because I... I wanted the rush of rescuing someone and I got that here."

Weiss: "I think you're asking too much of yourself. We've been telling ourselves that failing means we're no good. But I can guarantee even the best Huntsmen in history... they've all lost. But they were still incredibly brave... and good." This makes Jaune tear up.

Jaune: "Weiss..." He gets hugged by Weiss, as well as Blake and Yang. Vert and Rosa stood by and watched as they hugged each other.

Rosa: (smiles) "Good for Jaune."

Vert: "Seems like he's feeling better now."

Jaune: "Maybe that Cat was right... Maybe I just needed to accept it. It's not a place you go."

The leaves from the Great Tree engulf Weiss, Blake, Yang, Vert, Rosa, Jaune and Juniper. They find themselves transported inside the Tree. Blake and Rosa look around in confusion.

Weiss: "It's a place you know."

They walk, passing the branches. They stop and see the Herbalist encased in wood. Yang continues walking forward, looking in both directions before noticing something.

Yang: "R-Ruby?!" She runs in a direction and stops, standing in front of Ruby's wooden form. She steps forward and places both of her hands on the shoulders of her sister then resting her head on Ruby's. Yang's eyes open as she begins breaking the branches around Ruby. Jaune, Weiss, Vert and Rosa stare at her as Blake is the last to show up.

Yang: (frantic) "We have to get her out!!" She feels a hand on her shoulder as she turns around to see Vert standing behind her.

Vert: "Calm down, Yang. We'll get her out soon. Take some deep breaths."

Yang does so and finally calms herself down.

Yang: "Thanks. I needed that."

Rosa: "A-Azure?!" Her statement causes the others to turn and look at her, as they follow her line of sight to see what she's looking at. They gasp, noticing what's in front of them is the wooden form of Azure, which is on the other side and facing Ruby's wooden form.

Vert: "He's here too..."

Jaune: "I think I get it. This is how we got here, or... why the Tree brought us here. Acceptance."

Weiss: "We've done everything we can. Now it's up to them. Whatever happens next... we have to welcome that."

Yang: "But what if she isn't Ruby anymore when she comes back out?"

Blake: "Maybe... that's not for us to decide." She comforts Yang as she tears up.

Vert and Rosa walk up and stand in front of the wooden statue of Azure.

Vert: "Please come back to us, Azure."

Rosa: "It's not the same without you here with us."

*Over with Ruby*

Ruby opens her eyes and finds herself in a green night-like spiritual plane with glowing green orbs. As she walks endlessly, she hears the sound of the hammer and sees the Blacksmith forging a mask that resembles a mammal.

Blacksmith: "I didn't expect you here just yet."

Ruby: "I wasn't expecting to be here. Are you the Tree?"

The Blacksmith puts down the heated mask, the hammer and pliers on the anvil.

Blacksmith: (chuckles) "You could say that. But that is a simplistic understanding of the Tree, and what it does."

Ruby: "What's going to happen to me? Am I gonna die?"

Blacksmith: "The only thing that could happen to you here is what you want to happen. The choices of what you become and where you end up is yours to make." Ruby looks at the Blacksmith and looks down before glancing up at the Blacksmith again. "You don't know what you want, do you?"

Ruby looks down and slowly shakes her head, dispirited.

*Azure's POV*

Cardinal and I continued walking through the spiritual plane, green orbs passing by us as we walked. Cardinal stopped and I stood still.

Cardinal: "Let us start with the first memory." She slammed her staff onto the ground, causing the plane to echo with a thunk sound.

Up above our heads, a rectangular projection appeared and I looked at it to see static, until it started showing the Vytal Festival. My eyes widened as I saw Yang punching Mercury's leg and Ruby and I confronting Mercury just as Pyrrha was chosen to fight against Penny. Next, it showed Ruby crying in my chest as Penny's dismembered body was shown amidst the chaos that ensued due to Cinder's plan. When I saw Penny's old body like that, tears welled up in my eyes.

Azure: "Penny..."

Cardinal: "What did you think when you saw her like that?"

Azure: "...This was back when the others and I thought she was dead. It made me sad, thinking that she was gone forever. But when we got to Atlas, she was there, new and improved. It was one of my happiest moments. But then... we turned Penny into a human to save her from a virus, and things were looking bright for her. Sadly, we got attacked and we ended up falling while Penny stood up there and had to... She had to sacrifice her life in order to stop Cinder from getting the Winter Maiden's power." I sighed. "I just wished I could've saved her."

Cardinal: "I see..." There was a pause. "Shall we move on to the next memory?" I nodded at her.

The projection went static again as this time, it showed when Ruby and I got back to Beacon and saw Yang, Blake and Nero, heavily injured on the ground. Next, it showed as Ruby and I traveled up the broken tower with Weiss' glyphs. We got up there and I saw Pyrrha getting turned to ash by Cinder's hand as a flood of emotions took over me, which ended with the awakening of our Silver Eyes. Reliving that scene made me turn away from the screen in sadness.

Cardinal: "Now, what did you feel about Pyrrha's demise in that moment?"

Azure: (sigh) "I didn't think I would be seeing that again... When I saw my friends on the floor, I didn't know what to say. I wanted to go and comfort Nero, but I couldn't. After that, Jaune called Weiss and asked us to save Pyrrha. Me and Ruby thought that we would be able to do it, but when we got to the top... Pyrrha... she was gone... in a flash, right in front of our eyes. After the Fall of Beacon, I had nightmares about it from time to time... If only we were just a little faster, then maybe..."

Cardinal: "Are you doing okay so far?" She looked at me with concern.

Azure: "Yeah, I'm okay. You can go to the next one."

The projection went static again as this time, it showed a younger me as I saw my mother walk into my old bedroom and tell me, with sadness on her face, the news about my father. The young me could only look at her with confusion on his face. Next, it showed me after I woke up from using my Silver Eyes in my uncle's house. My mother then told the past me about what happened to Uncle Kaz as the past me grew shocked at the news he was told. I could only look down at the ground as I truly knew about what happened to my father and uncle.

Cardinal: "What did you think when your mother told you about what happened to them?"

Azure: "At first, as you saw, I was confused on what she meant by my father being gone. I was just a three-year old kid at the time, so I had no clue that something horrible befell him in the hands of Salem. As for my uncle, I was shocked since I believed that he was simply on a long mission for all those years after he brought me back home from my training. I didn't know that he died fighting against Quintessa's mother, who was his enemy for quite the long time. When I read about what happened to both of them, I couldn't help but feel bad for the both of them. I mean, couldn't they have made up and found a better way that didn't lead to their deaths? For Brothers' sake, Quintessa was left all alone for three years!" I took a deep breath to calm myself down as I sighed. "I'm not sure why this even happened at all."

Cardinal: "Maybe they have the answer you're looking for." She said, pointing behind me. I turned around and my eyes widened. I saw Uncle Kaz and Quinella behind me, with smiles on their faces. I ran up to Uncle Kaz and hugged him as he hugged back.

Azure: "Uncle Kaz! I'm so glad you're here!"

Kaz: "I'm glad to see you too, kid." We let go of each other as I looked to see Quinella looking at me. I walked up to her with nervousness.

Azure: "Um, hello, Quinella, ma'am. I-I'm Azure (L/N). It's very nice to meet you..."

Quinella: "Nice to meet you too, Azure."

Azure: "If it's okay with you, um... Why did the two of you have to be enemies?"

Quinella: "Well, it was all due to a past conflict between Cardinal and myself, which ended up involving him over there." She pointed at Uncle Kaz.

Kaz: "I just felt like I had to uphold the task that Cardinal gave to me when she gave me Incarnation." I quickly turned to face him.

Azure: "But it didn't mean you had to kill her! You could've just tried to become friends with her! That way Quintessa and I would still have the two of you in our lives!" This caught the two adults by surprise as they smiled at me.

Kaz: "Maybe that could've happened. But we chose this, so don't blame yourself for our actions."

Quinella: "And besides, at least you and my daughter did what we failed to do: get along and become friends. And I'm glad you did so." I nod my head at her.

Azure: "I feel the same, Quinella." I turned back to face Cardinal.

Cardinal: (smiling) "Shall we continue on?"

Azure: "Yes, ma'am."

*Back to 3rd Person POV*

Back in the Tree, a banging sound is heard.

Vert: "What's that?"

The sound gets louder, and Jaune moves two branches out of his way as he sees a giant, glowing door, wide open. Weiss's eyes widen as Blake, Yang, Vert and Rosa step forward.

Rosa: "Is that...?"

Jaune: "Our way home!"

At the doorway, the Curious Cat possessing Neo's body is pushed back. They desperately try to get through again, but to no avail. They then notice the group.

NeoCat: "Oh, good! You made it..."

Weiss: "I guess your little plan to get out of here isn't working?"

NeoCat: "You've always been the worst of the bunch."

Jaune: "So Neo can't go through the door..."

NeoCat: (growls) "No. She has no attachments to your world. Nothing to return to. She has failed me... just like Alyx did."

Rosa: "Like... Alyx?"

Vert: "Explain yourself right now!" NeoCat growls again.

NeoCat: "That cowardly, wretched girl whose story you've been foolishly following all along. The same girl that I followed too... Because she promised me she would bring me back to Remnant with her. But in truth, she had no intention of taking me! No, after talking to the Tree, she had a sudden crisis of conscience! Decided she wanted to fix everything that she had broken in the Ever After! Including poor Jaune! So Lewis went, and in the very last moment... Alyx didn't..."

Blake: (angry) "What did you do to her?"

NeoCat laughs maniacally, and then uses Neo's body to leap and slam the ground in front of the group. They pick up a piece of wood.

NeoCat: "What anyone would do with a broken, useless thing." He breaks the wood.

The group of six ready their weapons.

Jaune: "No, you... you didn't... YOU MONSTER!"

The Cat's claws then appear on Neo's arms. They prepare to rush forward, but NeoCat gasps as they see Ruby and Azure, still encased in wood behind the group.

NeoCat: "She's still here... Yes! And he's also here as well!" He chuckles and smiles as the others look back at their two leaders. He starts to laugh. "All my work... it's not lost! Deep down, those two want nothing more than to return to Remnant and play hero. I just need to cut them out, and either one of them will take me there!"

The six Huntsmen group together to defend Ruby and Azure from NeoCat.

Yang: "No, whatever happens to Ruby and Azure is up to them, not you or anyone else."

Rosa: "We're not going to let you lay your filthy claws on them."

NeoCat simply grins at them.

NeoCat: "All right then, I'll just put you all in the ground."

*Back with Ruby*

Ruby and the Blacksmith walk through the plane. Ruby stares at the green orbs.

Ruby: "What are these lights?"

Blacksmith: "The souls that are moving on to... whatever they become next."

Ruby: "Do they choose...? What their next life will be like?"

Blacksmith: "Such concern for souls you don't know or... is it for yourself?"

*Over with the others...*

Back at the tree, Yang, Weiss, Blake, Rosa, Vert and Jaune duel the Cat. Blake uses Gambol Shroud in its kusarigama form and throws it at the Cat, who catches it. She swings herself towards them and attacks the Cat, who shatters into pieces. Yang blocks an attack from NeoCat.

Yang: "There's no way we're letting you get to Ruby!" She pushes back the Cat.

Vert slashes through one clone as he snipes at another from behind in anger.

Vert: "I'll kill you if you try and get to Azure!"

NeoCat: (chuckles) "But don't you see?" They use Neo's Semblance to make zombified clones of Ruby and Azure, frightening the others. "What comes out of that Tree might not even be your friends anymore!" This makes Yang angry as she, along with Rosa, punch and slash the clones down with no hesitation. Rosa drops her head and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath.

Rosa: "Now, you just made me angry." She then opens her eyes and lifts her head up as blue fire emits from her entire body.

The Cat simply bares their claws at them.

*Back in the plane with Ruby...*

Ruby: "I wanted to be the hero, like the stories that my mom read to me. I wanted to be strong and confident, just like Azure. I just wanted to do the right thing, but every step of the way, it's like... it's like there is no right thing! I tried so... hard. And I..." Tears drip from her eyes. "I may have just done more harm than good. I don't understand... who I need to be... because who I am right now... she's not cutting it."

Blacksmith: "What if you could be... anyone?"

The multi-colored leaves fly past the Blacksmith and Ruby. Multiple cases containing many weapons appear surrounding Ruby and the Blacksmith. Ruby then walks towards one of them.

*With the group...*

Back in the Tree, Jaune blocks the Cat with his shield.

Jaune: "This whole time... I thought Alyx made it back home and lied about everything that happened here!" He blasts the Cat back using Gravity Dust from his shield. "But you were the one that killed...! Who lied!"

NeoCat: "You were never the brave knight either!" They leap at Jaune, but he blocks them with his shield. "Just more fairytale nonsense!" They flip over Jaune, and as he goes to strike with his sword, they land on their claws and spin around, blocking his attack with their legs.

Jaune kick NeoCat away and they jump back at him. He manages to knock the Cat back with his shield, and as he prepares to finish them off, the Cat uses Neo's Semblance to transform into Penny. Jaune hesitates, and is caught off guard by a clone of Pyrrha striking him from behind. The Cat kicks Jaune near the edge of the Tree platform. Weiss notices and activates a fire Glyph to launch a fireball at the Cat, but they use Neo's Semblance to break into glass shards, and the fireball heads towards Jaune. Jaune blocks it with his shield, but the impact knocks him over the edge.

Weiss: (shocked) "No!"

As Jaune falls off the tree trunk-like platform, a multi-colored smoke appear.

*Ruby's POV*

Ruby is shown walking along the different weapon cases, before stopping at one with a hammer encased inside it.

Ruby: "Who did this belong to?"

The Blacksmith appears with a glow green light with multi-colored leaves besides Ruby.

Blacksmith: "It's not about who did, but who could. Can you feel the woman who might hold it? The weight of who she is. She could be you. You could put any one of them on, and leave Ruby Rose behind."

More of the leaves blow by Ruby, and she is suddenly shown on the other side of the diameter of weapons.

Ruby: "It's all... so... heavy... It's the only thing I can feel anymore... and it never, ever goes away. The feeling of not being... enough."

Blacksmith: "And how would you measure "enough"?"

Ruby approaches a familiar axe-like hybrid weapon with a trigger function inside the glass case.

Summer: (voice) "Before she goes back home..."

Ruby: "Mom?"

Summer: (voice) "The girl had a great many questions to ponder. What..."

Ruby reaches her hand towards the weapon belonging to Summer. Everything goes white.

Summer: (voice) "Are you?"

*Azure's POV*

I looked up at the projection in a slightly better mood thanks to both Uncle Kaz and Quinella. The static appeared again and what showed up erased the optimism that I previously had. It showed what happened back in Atlas and Mantle just a few days ago. It showed the incident over at Robyn's election party, the Grimm invading Mantle, Ironwood declaring martial law, my team fighting against the Ace Ops, and ended with showing Salem arriving at Atlas. I stood still, not knowing how to react to it.

Cardinal: "This must've been bad, wasn't it Azure?"

Azure: "...I'm... I'm not sure what to say about this. This was what started the troubles for all of us back in Atlas. Penny was innocent, but they framed her. They framed her for something she didn't do! The Grimm invaded Mantle all because of that bastard Jacques Schnee! If he's dead right now, then good riddance. Ironwood was a dick, and he became a villain to us. The Ace Ops didn't do anything to stop this. They just obeyed him like dogs!" I sighed heavily. "And when we thought things couldn't get much worse, Salem had to appear. And with her being there, we ended up in a tough situation."

Kaz: "I see you all had your hands full. We're sorry for that."

Azure: "Don't blame yourselves for our faults. We did this to ourselves. I just wish we could've done better." My shoulders dropped down in defeat.

Quinella: "Are you okay?" I looked at her, seeing the concern on her face for my well-being.

Azure: "I'm okay, Quinella." I turned to look at Cardinal. "So how much more we got left?"

Cardinal: "One more left..." I started smiling. "But, this last one might be difficult for you, so be warned." My growing smile disappeared as anxiety took over. "I'm sorry in advance for what you're about to relive."

The projection created static for the last time as it then showed Penny lying in a crater in front of the Schnee Manor, the attack of the Hound, showing the Silver-Eyed Faunus that lied underneath the Hound, and it showed my past self's breakdown from realizing what could've happened to my father. Seeing it made me grab my cloak in sadness. It then switched to us creating the plan to save the citizens of Atlas and Mantle as well as saving Penny from the virus by using the Staff of Creation. And then my eyes widened at what came next: Cinder's attack in the pathways, alongside Neo and Quintessa. It then showed Nero and I fighting Quintessa, Yang falling, Nero getting injured, the past us killing Quintessa, Ruby and Blake falling, the death of Nero by Cinder, our attempt to fight Cinder, and it ended with us falling. The projection turned to black and disappeared.

I dropped to my knees and started crying into my hands, my sobs echoing throughout the place. I heard a few footsteps walking up to me as I cried. Two hands, one small and one big, were soothing my back in comfort. This must've been Cardinal and Quinella respectively. And there was another hand that was placed on my head. I knew it had to be Uncle Kaz. This went on for a few minutes until I stopped crying and lowered my hands from my face, with my eyes still closed. I felt their hands let go of me and their footsteps walking away from me.

I thought that I was alone, but then I felt a hand on each of my shoulders. I opened my eyes and saw a blue scarf to my right and a white cloak to my left. I looked up and my eyes teared up again because... I saw my father standing in front of me, along with a woman who looked a lot like Ruby. I immediately got up and hugged my dad, tears running down my face as he hugged me back.

Azure: "DAD!!! I- I missed you! So, so much!" I spoke through my sobs.

Miguel: "I know, son. I know." He hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you or your mother for all these years." We separated from the hug and he looked at me with a smile as I cleaned my face of tears. "My, how much you've grown these past 14 years. You're all grown up." He laughed. "I'm so glad to finally be here with you, son."

Azure: "Same here, dad." I lightly smiled at him. I then turned to look at the woman next to my father. "I'm sorry for ignoring you, ma'am. I just... wanted to be with my father again. Please forgive me."

???: "It's okay. I'm sure my daughter would've done the same if she were here."

Azure: "Your daughter?"

???: "I'm sure you know who she is, since well, you are dating her." She giggled, and I started connecting the dots in my head as I figured out who she was. I looked at her with wide eyes. "That's right. I'm Summer Rose, Ruby's mother. It's nice to finally meet you, Azure." She held out her hand.

Azure: "It-It's nice to meet you too, ma'am." I nervously shook her hand. She giggled again.

Summer: "Please, call me Summer. No need to be nervous. Just relax." I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves down. "Feeling better now?"

Azure: "Yeah, thanks." I stepped back so that I can see the two adults in front of me. "It's so great to see the two of you here. But I have a question: why are you here right now? You could've shown up sooner." The two looked away with saddened expressions.

Summer: "To tell you the truth, we would've shown up, but Cardinal asked us to wait until the time was right."

Azure: "Cardinal?" I turned to look at the petite woman, who looked away. "Why? Why did you make them wait?!"

Miguel: "She did it because you needed to get back up." I turned back to look at him. "You were beginning to suffer from those memories, and all of us stepped in to comfort you. Remember, son, you're still going through a trial. We're all here to help you out with this."

Azure: (sigh) "You're right. I was just lashing out for no reason." I turned my head to Cardinal. "I'm sorry, Cardinal. Please forgive me."

Cardinal: "It's okay. I deserved it." I turned to face Dad.

Azure: "Dad, what do I do? No matter what I do, I feel like there's no way to be able to be as strong or confident or headstrong as you. Ever since I was young, I always wanted to be just like you. I wanted to be the hero that saves people. I just don't know if I feel like I'm doing enough as it is right now. I'm a failure."

Miguel: "Son, listen to me. You are not a failure. You're doing better than me, that's for sure. To tell you the truth, I have failed a lot, but not so much as when I failed to come back home. Back to you and your mother." Him and Summer looked sadly at each other.

Azure: "What are you talking about?" The two of them looked at me.

Summer: "It would be best if we showed you what happened." The entire place began turning white as I felt something enter my head.

*Flashback*
*3rd Person POV*

In a house over in Vale, Miguel walks over to a room and opens the door, revealing a three-year old Azure sleeping peacefully. Miguel walks quietly over to Azure and kneels next to him, brushing aside some of his son's black and blue hair. Miguel smiles at him.

Miguel: (whisper) "I love you, son. No matter what happens, stay true to yourself." He stands back up and leaves the room, taking one last look with a sad smile before closing the door. He walks over to another room and sees Sapphire, reading a book on the bed.

Miguel: "Hey, hun. I'm about to leave on my mission from Ozpin. That geezer sure loves sending me and Summer out this late."

Sapphire: "Yeah, he's one weird professor you had." She closed the book she was reading and got up from her bed and walked over to Miguel. The two kissed and separated while holding hands. "Stay safe out there. I know you can handle yourself, but it doesn't hurt to be safe."

Miguel: "I know, and I will. I already said my goodbye to Azure."

Sapphire: "Good." She gave him another kiss. "Well then, see you soon."

Miguel: "Yeah, see you both soon." He walked away from her and headed out the door. He exited the house and walked to an alley where Raven was waiting for him.

Raven: "Well, well, well, Miguel (L/N) leaving behind his family. Who knew this would happen?" She smirked at him. He glared at her.

Miguel: "Not now, Rav. Let's go meet up with Summer."

Raven created a portal and the two walked through it.

Over in the forest of Patch, Summer walks while carrying Sundered Rose. She spots Miguel waiting for her by a tree.

Miguel: "Hey, Summer." He waved at her.

Summer: "Hey, Miguel... Did you-" He nodded at her sadly.

Miguel: "I said my goodbyes to my son and Sapphire. You did the same with your daughter and Tai, correct?" Summer nods sadly at him.

Raven jumps from a tree and lands on the ground.

Raven: "Nobody suspects anything?"

Summer: "No. They think it's a typical mission." She took off her hood.

Raven: "Summer Rose telling lies... first time for everything." She smirks, but then falters. "And... Uh... What about... You're just going to leave them?"

Summer: (scowling) "You're one to talk."

Raven: "It's..." She sighs. "You're better at that life, better than I was..."

Summer: "If we do this right... then there's nothing to worry about. Trust me." She shoulder checks Raven as she walks by.

Raven: (sighs) "Let's get it over with, I guess." She opens a portal with Omen. Summer enters, Miguel goes next and Raven follows suit, sheathing Omen. The portal disappears behind them.

*End of Flashback*
*Ruby's POV*

After seeing Summer's memories, Ruby stares at Sundered Rose in the glass case.

Ruby: "What? What was that? She... She lied. She left with Raven and Azure's dad. Why would she...?"

Blacksmith: "Who knows why people keep the secrets they do. Maybe you're not the only one who has felt the weight of other's expectations. Like Alyx, like your mother, like Azure and his father before him."

Ruby pushes down the case containing Sundered Rose. The case is broken with shattered glass.

Ruby: "Are you just trying to tell me that it's useless? That I shouldn't even try? Is that the big lesson I'm supposed to learn? Just... give up?" She drops on her knees; her reflection appears in the shattered glass pieces. "Become someone else?"

The Blacksmith approaches Ruby and stands behind her in the broken reflection.

Blacksmith: "Is that what I'm telling you?"

*Azure's POV*

After I saw my father's memories, I woke back up in the spiritual plane with the five adults standing in front of me.

Azure: "What? You left with Summer and Raven that night? But why? Why did you do it?" I asked him. He walked over to me.

Miguel: "It was to try and stop Salem, and as you can guess, we failed. I did tell you that I have failed from time to time. But you are different. You may have failed, but you always got back up and found success. You'll be able to do good, even if you don't think so." He placed a reassuring hand on my right shoulder. "I'm sure you'll become a great Huntsman AND a great hero to those you care about."

Azure: "What makes you so sure about that?" He lets go of my shoulder.

Miguel: "Why don't you ask them yourself?" He pointed behind me. I turned around to see who was behind me, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Azure: "No way..."

*Back to the others...*

Elsewhere, Jaune regains his consciousness and finds himself in the smoky mental plane. He stands up. His form flickers between his current self and his past self.

???: "You never were the hero."

Jaune: "Alyx..." She appears behind him.

Alyx: "You couldn't save me."

Jaune: "I... couldn't save a lot of people..."

Alyx: "Maybe it's time for a change, to be the kind of man you always wanted to be." She holds her hand towards Jaune. Jaune slowly reaches his hand to hers, hesitates for a moment, and takes her hand. A light begins to glow, engulfing Jaune and Alyx. Jaune suddenly stumbles out from the smoke. He hears an explosion and looks up to see some bushes containing the leaves on fire, making a multi-colored smoke.

Back up top in the Tree, the Curious Cat possessing Neo's body leaps forward and uses their claws to swipe at Blake. Blake dodges their attacks and tries to attack back, but NeoCat's form shatters. They then kick Blake from behind, launching her several feet away. Rosa jumps in from behind the Cat and launches blue fire waves at them. They dodge the fire, but then Rosa blasts the Cat back with her shotgun. This makes NeoCat angry as they go to slash Rosa, but a strong gust of wind from Vert's Semblance sends him away. Vert then fires a wind-coated bullet at the Cat, who shatters into glass. They swipe at Vert from his right, but he jumps back in time to dodge the attack. Weiss stabs Myrtenaster into the ground blanketing it in ice, and Yang follows up with a ground smash, the two doing their Freezerburn combo attack. NeoCat leaps back and the combatants charge towards each other again, but suddenly, a tree branch drops in front of them.

Jaune: "The leaves!" He shouts from above.

Weiss, Blake, Yang, Vert and Rosa look up to see Jaune cutting down another tree branch.

Jaune: "Burn the leaves!"

Following his instructions, Yang fires some rounds from Ember Celica setting the leaves on fire, Blake uses a fire clone from her Semblance, Rosa uses her Semblance, and both Weiss, who uses her glyph, and Vert, who uses his Semblance, blow the smoke towards NeoCat's way. Jaune jumps and lands on the ground, regrouping with Team RWBY and AVR.

NeoCat: (cackles) "Taking a page out of the caterpillar's book, hm?" They inhale the smoke. "The leaves have no effect on me."

Jaune: "Maybe not, but that's not the case for Neo."

NeoCat feels a sudden reaction and begins to cough, collapsing on their knees.

NeoCat: "No! These regrets, these feelings! I can't... I can't!!!"

The Cat is exorcized from Neo's body as Jaune, Vert, Rosa and Team RWBY look on in shock. Neo, now freed from the Cat's control, runs out from the smoke and collapses on her knees. Team RWBY, AVR and Jaune look back at the smoke, and see the Cat has now taken on a much more monstrous form than before, becoming the Furious Cat. They leap forward and slam into the ground, knocking the others back.

*Ruby's POV*

In the Tree's spiritual plane, Ruby is still on her knees, despondent.

Blacksmith: "Your time is running out." She appears before Ruby. "You must choose. Choose for yourself one who could leave your burdens behind." Ruby stands up. "Or choose one who'll be enough to bear them."

Back at the Tree, Yang and Blake are seen fighting the Cat. They try to dodge and attack, but the Cat grabs Yang and swings her into Blake, knocking them both back. Rosa leaps up in the air to attack the Cat, but he turns around and smacks her away as Vert uses his Semblance to catch her safely.

Ruby continues to walk around looking at the various weapon cases, passing a sword and dual curved swords.

The Cat is then shown punching Jaune hard in the gut, breaking his Aura. Juniper tries to defend him before the Cat turns around and the other five charge towards them once more.

Ruby stares at the knife, before collapsing on her knees once more.

Summer: (voice) "I love you..."

Ruby turns to see the red glowing light behind her.

Summer: (voice) "Just the way you are."

Ruby stands up. The multiple cases containing many weapons begin to dissolve underground. Ruby begins to run towards the red light as the Blacksmith watches on.

Ruby: "This one." She stands before the case containing Crescent Rose. "What happens... if I choose me?"

The Blacksmith reappears and kneels beside Ruby, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Blacksmith: "Then maybe... that girl is enough."

Ruby smiles at the Blacksmith as she places her hand on the case. The red light with rose petals engulfs Ruby.

*Azure's POV*

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was I dreaming?

Standing in front of me were Pyrrha, Penny, Quintessa and Nero, who were smiling at me. Tears were forming in my eyes again.

Pyrrha: "Hello again, Azure!"

Penny: "Sal-u-tations, Azure, my friend!"

Quintessa: "We meet again, Azure."

Nero: "Hey, Azure. You missed us?"

Azure: "You guys!" I ran straight towards them as they held their arms out. I got to them and hugged both Penny and Nero. They hugged me back as Pyrrha and Quintessa also joined in the hug. "I missed you guys so much!" Tears were running down my face.

Nero: "We missed you too, Azure." We continued hugging each other. Meanwhile, the adults were watching us with smiles on their faces. We finally separated from the hug and I wiped the tears away before smiling.

Azure: "I'm so glad you're all here right now. I can finally talk with you guys after all this time."

Cardinal cleared her throat, catching my attention. She begins to walk towards me.

Cardinal: "As nice as this reunion is, don't forget that you're still in a trial. And speaking of, our time in this plane is almost over." She stopped a few feet in front of me.

Azure: "What?! What do you mean 'almost over'?"

Cardinal: "We can't stay here forever. We'll be going back to the afterlife soon. Before that happens, you need to make a choice about yourself. Tell us what you are."

I lowered my head as I looked at the ground.

Azure: (sigh) "'What I am?' ...I'm not sure at all. I thought I had that figured out, but now, I'm not so sure. Throughout these two years since I got into Beacon, I became a lot of things. I became the leader of Team AVRN, but I'm not a good leader. I became the new Grimm Reaper, but I'm not living up to Grandma's expectations. I became an official Huntsman, but I haven't saved a lot of people. I tried to be a hero, but I couldn't do anything that would make me one." I looked at the four past friends in front of me. "What do you all think?"

Pyrrha stepped forward first.

Pyrrha: "I believe that you're a good friend. And while things may not have gone as you hoped for, it's not the end. Your destiny is still out there, and soon, you'll find it. I'm sure of it."

Azure: "How can you be so sure? You left this world too soon. Your destiny was ripped out of your grasp back at Beacon... If I had gotten to you faster, you would still be with us."

Pyrrha: "You're wrong. My destiny was always to help the people around me, including my friends, my teammates, and you. My destiny wasn't chosen for me, I made it my own. Don't blame yourself for what happened to me. I made my peace, and you should too."

I didn't say anything as she stepped back and Penny stepped forward.

Penny: "To me, you're a wonderful person. You and Ruby were so kind to me back in Vale, and I was so happy to have finally made some friends. Even after you two found out what I was, you still accepted me for who I was. Although I 'died' in Amity Coliseum, I was brought back and I was able to reunite with you and Ruby back in Mantle. After I became human, I was finally able to be just like you all. And I can say that I enjoyed my time with you, Azure."

Azure: "But... you died. You finally gained a human body, but you had to sacrifice your life so soon. If only I didn't fall, maybe you would be with the others in Vacuo."

Penny: "Azure, you didn't know what would happen, no one did. You had your fight to finish, and I had to deal with mine. And remember, I chose to pass on my powers to Winter, so don't worry. Even if my time as a human was short, I was still able to find happiness being with you. I want you to find happiness with Ruby and the others."

I stayed silent as Penny stepped back and up next was Quintessa.

Quintessa: "In the beginning, I thought of you as someone I should hate. But after our final fight, I told you about myself and how I just wanted to have some company. And then you told me that you were okay being my friend, and it made me happy. I finally had a friend after all these years. Even if the moment was short, I will always cherish it. You will always be my friend, Azure."

Azure: "But my uncle killed your mother... We were enemies, and I killed you with my own hands. If only that didn't happen..."

Quintessa: "The past is the past. I forgave you, and you forgave me. We were able to put an end to the rivalry that they started. And besides, we're friends. You should learn to trust your friends. Believe in them, and they will believe in you, no matter what."

She stepped back as Nero stepped forward.

Nero: "Azure... You're a lot of things to me. You're my teammate, my leader, my friend, my brother, and my hero. Ever since we first met in Beacon and I became part of Team AVRN, I knew that you would become a great person, and I decided to follow you no matter what."

Azure: "How can you say that when it's my fault that you died? I could've done something to save your life, but I was so distracted by everything going on. I was too slow to notice Cinder and it led to your death. My ignorance killed you! You should've lived, not me! I'm a stupid person." I started crying again and Nero walked up to me and hugged me.

Nero: "You're not stupid, Azure. You're actually one of the smartest people I know. Don't put yourself down just because you're younger and less experienced than others. You're strong, both physically and mentally, you're kind, you care about others, and you fight for the sake of others, especially those you cherish. Those are all the marks of being a great leader. And I'm glad that you were my leader." He let go of me and I wiped my eyes dry, looking at him.

Nero stepped back as I heard the adults behind me walking towards me. I watched as they walked past me and stood next to the four teenagers, with Quinella next to Quintessa. And in that moment, other people started showing up next to them. Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang showed up first, then Jaune as a teen, Nora, Ren and Oscar were next. Sun, Neptune, Team CVFY, and to my surprise, Rain and Slate from the tournament also showed up. Next was Mom and Grandma, who stood next to Dad. After that, Qrow, Tai and Raven appeared next to Summer. Pietro appeared next to Penny. Winter, Whitley and Willow appeared behind Weiss. Two people who I believe are Nero's parents appeared behind him. The same thing happened with Blake as her parents were behind her. Ozpin, Glynda, Port and Oobleck also showed up. And then lots of citizens from Vale, Mistral, Atlas and Mantle appeared behind everyone.

And finally, Vert and Rosa showed up next to Nero, holding hands. I looked at all of the people that stood in front of me in surprise as they all smiled at me.

Cardinal: "Do you see, Azure? These are the people whose hearts and souls you've touched during your journey from all parts of the world. They came here to give you their support."

Azure: "Wow... I- I've reached out to all of you?" I give a genuine smile at them. "Thank you all for showing me that my efforts weren't all for nothing. I guess... I can finally let go of all this guilt." Cardinal stepped up to me with a smile.

Cardinal: "That's good. Now tell us. Who are you?"

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

Azure: "I am the son of Miguel (L/N) and Sapphire Catalina, the boyfriend of Ruby Rose, the grandson of the legendary Grimm Reaper: Maria Calavera, the leader of Team AVRN, and the wielder of Lightning and Incarnation. I attended Beacon Academy, saved Haven Academy, became the new Grimm Reaper, and rescued the citizens of Atlas and Mantle. "Who am I?" Heh, I can only just be me." I opened my eyes, now filled with determination and shining a bright silver again. "I am Azure (L/N)-Calavera, and I am a Huntsman!" I saw Cardinal and the others clapping for me.

Cardinal: "You finally found your purpose again. Well done, Azure. You passed my trial." She, along with everyone, starting glowing white. "Looks like our time is up." I saw the people who were still alive disappearing.

Azure: "Already? So, how do I get back to Ruby and the others?"

Quinella: "Don't worry, you'll return to them in a few minutes, stronger than ever."

Azure: "What do you mean by that?"

Kaz: "When you fell into the Ever After, you couldn't use your full powers due to having all of that guilt within. But now that you've overcome that, you now have full access to Incarnation and you'll also have White Lightning, the last stage of your Semblance. Now then, it's time for us to go. It was nice to see you again." He disappeared, along with Quinella and Cardinal. My father and Summer walked up to me.

Summer: "It was nice to meet you, Azure. Please take care of Ruby and Yang for me. I love them with all my heart."

Azure: "I promise."

Summer: "And I shall be expecting many grandchildren from you and Ruby." This made me blush in embarrassment.

Miguel: "The same can be said for me, son."

Azure: "DAD!!!" I was feeling very embarrased right now.

Miguel: "I know you plan on proposing to her soon, so just do it. Anyways, I know that you'll be a great Huntsman and hero to all, so go and make the Calavera family proud. I love you, son, forever and always." Him and Summer disappeared.

Azure: "I will make you proud, dad." I then looked at my four past friends.

Pyrrha: "It was nice to talk to you again. Please take care of yourself and Jaune for me." She disappeared.

Penny: "This is goodbye, Azure. Stay safe. Oh, and tell my father that I loved him dearly. That is all." She smiled as she disappeared.

Quintessa: "It's unfortunate that we won't be able to talk again soon. But I know you'll make the world better using your Incarnation. Take care, Azure, my friend." She disappeared, and Nero was the only one left in front of me.

Nero: "Hey, Azure. I have one last thing to give to you." He held out his right hand as it shined an icy blue color as the Silver Ice Sword, now fully repaired, appeared in his hand. "I want you to have my sword. Use it and all of its abilities well." I smiled at him.

Azure: "Yeah, thank you Nero." I grabbed the sword and held it in my left hand. "Will I... ever see you again?" He nodded at me.

Nero: "You will. Now then, goodbye, my partner. I'm glad to have met you." He disappeared.

I was now all alone in this place. A white glow appeared below me and I saw Blue Flash on the floor. I grabbed it with my right hand and held it firmly with a smile on my face. I looked up at the dark sky of this spiritual plane.

Azure: (smiling) "Thank you, everyone." I closed my eyes as the world turned white.

*Play Music*

As Team RWBY and AVR fight the Furious Cat, Ruby and Azure's wooden forms begin to crack simultaneously. Elsewhere in the dark, Crescent Rose falls down as Ruby propels herself to go after it. She manages to reach her hand and grabs Crescent Rose with a smile on her face. Ruby and Azure's wooden forms finally break, causing a powerful bright light explosion. Team RWBY, AVR and the Cat shield their eyes. The Cat looks back to see the silhouettes of Ruby and Azure with their red and blue cloaks respectively. Ruby brandishes Crescent Rose, her Silver Eyes now filled once more with determination. Azure draws out Blue Flash and Silver Ice Sword, his eyes shining golden, now with white ticks in the irises. He stands ready with resolve.

Weiss: "Ruby!"

Yang: "You're... You're you!"

Blake: "How?"

Rosa: "Azure! You're back!"

Vert: "I'm glad you're here, buddy."

Jaune: (grunts) "They knew what they needed to be all along."

Furious Cat: (cackles) "How PURRFECT!!!"

The Cat starts to pounce towards Ruby and Azure. Ruby deflects the Cat's claw attack with Crescent Rose. She swings her scythe with a flurry of attacks at the Cat. The Cat tries to grab Crescent Rose and punch Ruby, but she uses her Semblance to dodge and then fire at the Cat with Crescent Rose's sniper form with a smirk. This staggers the Cat as Azure quickly comes up to their face and glares at the Cat, hitting them with an Incarnate Attack. He follows up with swings from both swords as the Cat defends itself, but then they unleash an energy beam attack at Azure, who puts up his swords crossed together to block the beam. He smirks and uses his newly awakened White Lightning to get up close and unleash quick consecutive slashes at the Cat, ending it with using the railgun mode of Blue Flash to send a white lightning bolt at them.

The Cat is momentarily electrocuted and knocked back, angrily glaring as Team RWBY and AVR surround them. The Cat unleashes their energy beam attack again, which Ruby and Azure dodge with ease. Blake jumps and slashes the Cat, followed up with a Semblance-enhanced Yang punching it back. Rosa comes up next and aims her axe-turned-shotgun at the Cat, who moves out of the way to dodge the oncoming blast. Vert speeds by and slashes at the Cat with his polearm, spinning his weapon around as he pushes them back with his Semblance. Weiss then traps the Cat's feet in ice as she launches a Nevermore summon, which the Cat dissolves with another energy beam. Ruby attacks from behind as the Cat leaps back into the air. Suddenly, the Cat is surrounded by Ruby, Blake, Yang, and a multitude of Weiss's glyphs. They attack the Cat with all they got, leaping off of the glyphs, before all four girls of Team RWBY launch a devastating blow on the Cat, knocking them back to the ground.

The Cat weakly gets back up and sees Azure, Vert and Rosa standing in front of him. All three members of AVRN activate their Semblances. Azure stabs his Silver Ice Sword to the ground, and with Incarnation active, unleashes an ice wave that instantly freezes the Cat in place. Azure and Rosa rush the frozen Cat and swing their Semblance-enhanced weapons and strike at the same time, causing an explosion of orange fire and blue lightning that sends the Cat flying back. The Cat has no time to act as they immediately get slashed over and over by the fast speed of both Vert and Azure, doing their Speed Demon combo attack. This knocks the Cat down as they see a giant tornado of blue fire coming their way as they get pulled inside. The Cat spins around inside the burning cyclone, and outside of the firenado, Azure calmly holds Blue Flash out as a bolt of purple lightning strikes the tornado from above, exploding it with the Cat inside. While the Cat is in the air, they use their Semblances to fly up into the air as they slash the Cat back and forth with orange fire, green wind, blue ice and white lightning attacks. They end things off with a final coordinated elemental attack that sends the Cat back to the ground in smoke.

*End Music Here*

As the smoke clears, the Cat has been reverted back to their normal form. Team RWBY and AVR stand triumphantly over them, with Azure's eyes turning back to silver.

Curious Cat: "You're broken! You break everything you touch! I call humans... weak! Confused! Incomplete!"

Weiss: "No, you're wrong."

Yang: "She's never been any of those things."

Blake: "That's why we follow her."

Rosa: "He's strong, caring, and mature."

Vert: "He represents what it means to be a leader, and that's why we follow him."

Ruby: "We're going to Remnant..."

Azure: "...And you're staying right here, where you belong."

Both teams walk past the Cat. The Cat angrily hisses and attempts to attack them, but they are stopped by the Jabberwalker clones created by Neo's Semblance.

Curious Cat: "No! No, no! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

They watch the Jabberwalkers maul the Curious Cat, horrified, before turning to see Neo. She becomes exhausted and collapses from using her Semblance. Team RWBY and AVR run towards Jaune, who slowly begins to stand up. Ruby stops and gives a quick look at Neo before joining her friends. They all embrace Ruby and Ruby embraces them back with a relieved look. They also embrace Azure as well, who apologizes for how he acted to the others. After that, he walks over to Ruby as she notices him in front of her. He hugs Ruby, taking her by surprise.

Azure: "Ruby! I'm so glad that you're back! I thought I lost you forever!"

Ruby: "Well, I'm here now, and I'm not going away anytime soon." She hugs him back. "Thank you, Azure." This makes him take a step back and face her with his hands at her sides.

Azure: "Why are you thanking me? I couldn't help you out when you were hurting." He looked down. "I tried to help, but it wasn't enough." He felt his head being lifted by her hand as he stared at her eyes.

Ruby: "I was hurting, and I didn't know how to deal with it. But you tired to help, and that's all that matters. Because of that, I thank you for being there for me." She kisses him. "You're my hero, Azure."

Azure: (chuckles) "I'll always be your hero. Always. And I want to prove it with this." He reaches into his right pocket and grabs something before pulling his hand back out, clenched. He gets down to one knee and opens up his hand, revealing a shiny silver ring. Ruby gasps, which catches the attention of the others as they check what's happening and they also gasp, with Yang being the loudest as Blake tries to calm her down. Azure clears his throat.

*1st Person POV*

Azure: "Ruby, I just want to say, I'm lucky to have met you back then. When we met in the dust shop that night, I knew that you were special. And I can see why. You're a beautiful, cute, weapon-loving, cookie-obsessed girl." Ruby blushes at this. "We have traveled throughout the world, experienced so many things, and went through thick and thin together. I would've never done all of this if you weren't with me. I may be the resolve of this team, but you are the hope that pushes us forward, who pushes me to do better every day." Ruby smiles as she continues to blush. "Ruby Rose, I love you with all of my heart. And I will continue to love you for the rest of eternity. I just have one question to ask." I raise the ring to her with my fingers. "Will you marry me?"

There was a deafening silence as the others waited for Ruby's response, feeling tension in the air. My heart was racing as Ruby stood there for a moment. Suddenly, Ruby had tears running down her face as she smiled.

Ruby: "Y-Yes." I heard this and stood back up. "Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I want to marry you, Azure!" I start crying tears of joy as I get close to her. She wraps her arms around my neck as I wrap my arms around her waist, leaning our faces close and closing our eyes as we kiss each other with love and passion for a good minute. Claps and cheers were heard as we broke the kiss and faced the others while holding hands.

Yang: "Way to go, you two!" She yelled loudly while pumping her fist in the air.

Weiss: (sniff) "Congratulations, Ruby and Azure." She was crying while trying her best to control her tears.

Blake: "I'm so glad for you two." She smiled at us.

Vert: "I wish you a bright future ahead."

Rosa: "I'm so happy for you, Azure." She sniffs with tears coming from her eyes. "I'm sure Nero would feel the same."

Azure: "I'm sure he would."

Jaune: "Congrats, you two. I'm glad for you." He began to walk away towards the others.

Azure: (quietly) "Thank you, Jaune." I said to him before I looked at Ruby. "May I place this ring on your hand?" She nodded, showing me her left hand and I slide the ring on her finger. She looks at it with a smile before hugging me.

Ruby: "I love you very much, my Cookie." I smile at her.

Azure: "And I love you too, my Strawberry." We lean in for another kiss that lasted for a moment as we separated and joined the others. Yang immediately placed us in a headlock, congratulating us as we laughed. She lets us go as Jaune gets our attention again.

*3rd Person POV*

Jaune: "What do we do about her?" He pointed to Neo just as a clone of Roman disappeared in front of her. She takes notice of Team RWBY, AVR and Jaune, and points at them with Hush before giving a bow, tipping her hat off. She places her hat back on her head, jumps off and opens Hush. They watch Neo floating down.

Ruby: "She'll find herself, one way or another."

Neo closes her eyes as she floats down deeper with the tree branches encasing her. They look up to see the wooden statue form of Neo on the tree branch.

Azure: "Good luck in there, Neo."

They start to walk away. Ruby stops and looks back at Neo's wooden statue. Yang and Azure look back and turn to Ruby.

Yang: "Ruby? What's wrong?"

Ruby: "When I was in the Tree, I never saw Little. I wish I could say "thank you"."

Azure: "Yeah, me too." He looked down, sadly.

Blake: "Do you guys think... we might have... made things even worse in the Ever After? Just like Alyx did?"

Ruby: "I'm... not sure. I'd like to think we did at least a little good. Right?"

???: "Wait!"

Ruby and Azure turn around to see a humanoid child-like mouse wearing an orange cape with a hood and a leaf-shaped pattern running towards them. They pant after they stop running.

Azure: (surprised) "No way..."

Ruby: (gasps) "Little!"

Mouse: "Do I know you?"

Ruby stops her happy hopping in realization.

Ruby: "Oh! Uh, I don't believe we've met yet. Please, what are you?"

Mouse: "I'm... Well, you know I haven't thought about it yet. You look like you have wits about you. What do you think I am?"

Ruby: "Well, uh... To me, you seem like a friend."

Azure: "A guide."

Rosa: "A protector."

Yang: "A...dorable."

Ruby: "Do any of those sound close?"

Somewhat: "Hmmm. Somewhat. Yeah. Somewhat. I'm not any one thing, I'm somewhat of a lot of things!"

Ruby: "It is a true pleasure to meet you, Somewhat."

Somewhat: (bows) "It will be my honor to serve you."

Ruby: (smiles) "You've already done more for us than you know."

Somewhat: "You do feel... familiar. Like a happy dream I can't remember." This makes Ruby tear up.

Ruby: "I'm so glad we got to meet you. I'm sure you'll help lots of people. But now we have to say goodbye."

Ruby and Somewhat give a warm hug while she smiles shedding tears of joy quietly.

Somewhat: "It will be alright, Huntress." Ruby's eyes widen upon hearing that and smiles. They part from the hug.

Jaune: "Hey, Somewhat."

Somewhat gasps and quickly approaches Jaune and Juniper.

Somewhat: "I am at your service!"

Jaune: "Will you look after Juniper? She means the world to me." He nuzzles his face into Juniper's. Somewhat looks on and holds their hand to their chest in conviction.

Somewhat: "I will never leave her side."

Jaune smiles hearing this. Juniper lowers her head to allow Somewhat to hop onto her back. Somewhat salutes Jaune and they and Juniper march off in the opposite direction. Team RWBY, AVR and Jaune begin to head towards the door, with Jaune taking one last look at Juniper as she heads off with Somewhat, wiping tears from his eyes. The eight of them hold hands at the doorway, and step on through. They appear and land in the spiritual plane of the Tree. They walk and see the Blacksmith in her forge.

Blacksmith: "Welcome... to my workshop."

Blake: "Um, Ruby, is this the Tree?"

Ruby: "Something like that."

Azure: "She's the personification of the Tree, in a way."

The others nod in understanding as Jaune approaches the Blacksmith.

Blacksmith: "I've been waiting a long time for you."

Jaune: (sighs) "Well, I made it."

Blacksmith: "I'm glad you did."

Jaune: "Can you... answer a question for me?" He picks up a wooden figurine of Juniper. "I need to know if it's true what the Cat said that Lewis went back and... Alyx..."

Blacksmith: "Yes. Only Lewis returned home. 'The Girl Who Fell Through the World' is the story as he wished it happened." As she walks around the table, two figurines of two certain familiar dragons are seen on the table.

Weiss: "Are those...?"

Ruby/Azure: "The Brothers."

Blacksmith: "Yes. These Brothers were the Tree's earliest blossoms and the first to inhabit the Ever After. Remarkable beings, very ambitious. The Tree did not perceive what they would become. But that is the joy of creating. The not knowing. Back then, the Ever After was overgrown, wild and dangerous. The Brothers were meant to help tame it and build the world that was to come after. First, they were given the power to destroy, to clear the wilderness away. Then they were given creativity, to imagine what -- and who -- could replace the wilderness. The Brothers built homes for them, and gave them roles to play."

Weiss: "If this is what they were supposed to do, how did Remnant come about? Us?"

Blacksmith: "The Brothers grew curious. They wanted to do more. And so, using the skills and tools they have been given, they began to design their own creations... in utmost secrecy. Soon they realized their new creation could do their job for them. Finding the broken parts of the Ever After. After this success, the Brothers designed a second creature to finish what the Cat started. It came out brutal... and effective. One Brother believed they had disrupted the balance, while the other refused to condemn their creations for their mistakes. But balance was not two forces locked in never-ending battle. Balance is an ecosystem, an organism, a living breathing thing. Thus, balance cannot be restored with force or calculations. True balance finds its own equilibrium. It only requires love and the patience to see things through to the end."

Yang: "So how did they get to Remnant?"

Blacksmith: "The Ever After could no longer bear the Brothers' experiments. And so, the Tree built them a special doorway to a greater beyond where the Brothers could try creating worlds of their own. A doorway that would remain open for the Brothers' return, and any of their creations. And what truly remarkable things they accomplished. Whenever the Brothers' creations have come to the Ever After, the eight of you have had a greater impact than you know. Just like Alyx and Lewis did before you. Just like others will after you." She holds up a figurine of Somewhat. "One small kindness in one small moment would be such a marvelous transformation." Ruby grabs the figurine and smiles sadly at it. "Much like one act of dishonesty... caused an unfortunate change..." She said, holding up a figurine of the Curious Cat.

Vert: "Alyx broke her promise to the Cat."

Blacksmith: "A terrible thing to have a broken heart... And there's nobody to send them back to the Tree for repair."

Ruby: "But what will happen to Neo?"

Blacksmith: "She will have the chance to return her broken heart... And becomes something new." She flips and holds Alyx's knife in her hand. "Such is balance."

Jaune: "That's Alyx's knife. Wait, how did you have this?"

Blacksmith: "When Alyx's life ended, she chose to leave a part of herself behind. A wish to fix what she had broken."

Jaune takes Alyx's knife and is engulfed by a glowing light. An apparition of Alyx appears, smiling. After Alyx's apparition, along with the light, disappears, Jaune is now back to his younger self, with an exception of white streaks on his hair. Jaune becomes overjoyed.

Jaune: "I... I can't believe it. It's been so..." He became stunned over the sound of his voice. "This... is what I sounded like?" The others laughed at this.

Azure: "Welcome back to your teen years, Jaune."

The Blacksmith summons a portal behind them.

Ruby: "Where will this take us?"

Blacksmith: "Not where, when you are needed most."

Ruby smiles and nods at the Blacksmith. Yang and Blake, holding hands, walk through the portal. Vert and Rosa go through the portal, holding hands as well. Weiss goes through the portal next, and Jaune walks through it as well. Ruby and Azure linger a bit and turn around to give the Blacksmith one more smile.

Ruby: "Thank you..."

Azure: "For everything you've done."

The Blacksmith waves at them as Ruby and Azure go through the portal, holding hands. They rejoin their friends as they are now back in Remnant in the desert of Vacuo. They see the capital city in the distance, with Shade Academy towering over the kingdom. In the skies above, there are various airships from Vale, Mistral, and Atlas, as well as a retrofitted Amity Colosseum/Tower. Team RWBY, AVR and Jaune look upon the impressive sight.

Vert: "We did it. We're finally back."

Rosa: "And do you see all those airships in the air? How is this possible?"

Azure: "They must've heard Ruby's message."

Ruby: "No, Cookie, they heard our message."

Azure: (nods) "Yeah, you're right. Well then, let's go, everyone! We got a world to save!"
____________________________________

And that's the end of Volume 9! Oh my god, we did it! We've reached the end of this story, for now that is. Azure reunited with those from the past, Ruby and Azure came back with newfound resolves, and they're finally engaged.

This story took a long while to make, but I'm happy with it. Thank you to everyone who read, voted, and commented on this story. Your support for my story means a lot to me.

Goodbye! See you all in Volume 10, hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.6K 21
Y/n Gilbert was a young boy who wished to be a Huntsman. After being framed for something he didn't do which caused him to be kicked out of Signal Ac...
1.1K 20 28
Freyer Drakkon a young man left in the slums upon his birth gains the first ever full scholarship to the prestigious Beacon Academy. As he grows clos...
822 7 27
RWBY AU: Volume One: In a world where the dark creatures of Grimm roam and attack its inhabitants, a profession exists to protect both Human and Fau...
5.9K 36 18
Y/N Rose. A boy born with Silver eyes just like his mother (Summer Rose). When he was a young child, he was viewed as a child Prodigy due to the fact...