Eighteen Years Later

By thefruity1

Everything is perfect, Nick and Charlie have their dream home, dream job and cute kids. They survived graduat... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1 - Everything worked out
Chapter 2 - Nelson house
Chapter 3 - Nighttime Troubles
Chapter 4 - Mother in law
Chapter 5 - In deep trouble
Chapter 6 - Sick kids
Chapter 7 - Adoption Flashback
Chapter 9 - Sibling Wars Part 1
Chapter 10 - Sibling Wars Part 2
Chapter 11 - Daddy is cheating?
Chapter 12 - Tea and Troubles
Chapter 13 - Bye, bye Papa
Author update
Chapter 14 - Stupid Recital
Chapter 15 - Stupid Recital part 2
Chapter 16 - The Crush
Chapter 17 - The Girlfriend part 1
Important Author News/Sneak peak
Chapter 18 - The Girlfriend Part 2
Chapter 19 - Dad and Alec time
Chapter 20 - Old Habits
Chapter 21 - Declan and Lucia
Chapter 22 - The Big News
Chapter 23 - Family Meetings
Chapter 24 - Day with Declan
Chapter 25 - Time Jump and Recap
Chapter 26 - Dinner Party
Chapter 27 - The Sleepover Part 1
Chapter 28 - The Sleepover part 2
Chapter 29 - The First Day of School (Flashback)
Chapter 30 - Why?
Chapter 31 - Girls

Chapter 8 - Clingy boy

655 14 22
By thefruity1

Chapter concept recommend by @Scarlet809127 - Thx a lot for reading <3

Nick POV

From the day I met Charlie I could read his emotions easily. I could see whatever he was feeling, inside and out. It didn't matter what words we spoke, what gifts we gave, it was always okay because we had each other. That's all we needed.

When we got kids, I also learnt to read them very well. I know my kids, I've literally known them their whole lives. I also know that Alec has been acting off lately. He just seems different. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it. Just closer I guess. He keeps, wanting to cuddle me more, see me more and just be with me. I find it adorable and do appreciate it but I'm just concerned about how random it was for this behavior to happen. Did something trigger his attachment to me? I need to know.

One thing he has done recently was ask for me to come wake him up in the mornings, it's really cute to see him like this. A lot of kids his age don't talk or hug their parents and I'm glad he does. Alec and I wake up the earliest as we get ready at the same time and drive to my work and his school, together. It's super easy since I work at his school. Charlie and Millie leave about an hour after us. I trudge downstairs in my pajamas and head to Alec's door, I find him curled up on his side, clutching his blanket against his chest. His duvet blanket resting around his waist. I sit on the edge of his bed and stroke his hair out of his face. He slowly starts to move, the motion of my hand waking him up. Keeping his eyes closed, he realizes it's me here and visibly untenses his shoulders. After a while he opens his eyes and I see their beautiful green color. He turns away and I stop my petting motion and he stretches his arms.

"Morning Alec." I say quietly, just loud enough so he could hear me.

"G'morning daddy." He says sleepily.

"How'd you sleep hun?" I ask and subtly guide his torso to sit up right.

Alec rubs his eyes. "It was ok." He says and then gives me a hug around my chest, taking me by utter surprise. I reciprocate and pull him into my side and stroke his back.

"Time for school now Alec, let's get going." I say after a little longer of hugging.

He shakes his head against my stomach and I chuckle lightly.

"No more cuddles, time to get ready." I say and try to pry his tightly wrapped arms from me only for Alec to squeeze tighter. It didn't hurt at all, we just needed to get ready.

"Now Alec." I say more stern and he whines like a toddler. He then lets go and a pout is set on his lips. I stand up and he does too, still holding my hand.

We head downstairs and he lets go of my hand to sit at his seat at the dining table. I whip up some quick weetbix for him, add milk ,a little sugar, and spoon and place it in front of him. He starts eating. I make coffee for myself and I stand at the bench on my phone.

"Daddy." Alec says

"Yes?" I respond

"Come sit with me please." He says quietly to his lap.

"Of course."

I sit on the chair next to him but Alec has other ideas. He picks up his bowl, sits it on the table and plonks down on my lap. He wiggles around a bit to get comfy but then goes back to his breakfast. He is being really clingy today and I like it, it's just odd. We stay like this together until Charlie comes down the stairs holding Millie. She makes grabby hands and me and whines behind her pacifier. I slid Alec off my lap but he disagreed.

"No!" he protests angrily

"Alec. It's just for a second. I'll be back in a second." I say and take Millie out of Charlie's arms. She is very warm and is in a pink pajama set with polka dots, her hair messy and untamed.

We all have our breakfast together as usual and then go to get ready. Alec does everything in his 8 year old power to not get ready for school. Saying he needs to use the bathroom, is too tired, is sick etc. No kids enjoy school but Alec usually doesn't fight me on getting ready for school. He knows he needs to go to school and gets on with it. He keeps asking for more cuddles and to stay together. It's cute but not right now.

"For the last time Alec, I'm asking you to get dressed now." I say sternly, in the voice I only use when it's my last straw before punishment, the secret voice that shocks every kid when their parents use it.

But Alec stays still.

Then Charlie comes in to help., my true savior as always

"Nick, you go get ready." He says plainly. "I'll get him ready."

I listen to my wise husband and go upstairs to get myself, showered, clean, dressed and do my hair. I do all of this and see Alec fully ready sitting on the steps with his backpack. He's wearing a shirt with stripes and a yellow hoodie. I'm not entirely sure how Charlie managed to get him ready for school but we are running far to late for thinking.

Alec hears my footsteps behind him and moves swiftly to give me another hug. He is super clingy today. I'm kind of worried, why has something happened that made him anxious about leaving me? This time he hugs me, I pick him up and he wraps his legs around my torso and hides his face in my neck, I kiss his blonde hair and carry us downstairs.

"I'm not mad anymore." I told him.

He nods but stays clinged to me as I bring us out the door, waving to Charlie and Millie who are eating their breakfast. Mille waves her food covered hands back at me with a toothy grin, her hair being held back by a hair band with a yellow bow and pale blue overalls covering her purple shirt.

I'm still carrying Alec when we get to the car in our driveway. I unlock the car and lean down to open his car door and slowly peel his tight limbs from my body. Alec tries to wiggle in protest but I'm stronger and easily get him standing on the ground. I take off his backpack, set it down by his feet, buckle him in, kiss his head once more and close the door.

The whole car ride was quiet, comfortable silence. Alec was looking out the window and was mouthing words to himself. I soon arrived at the school staff car park. I swing in and park in my reserved spot. I turn off the engine and we reverse the process of getting into the car and once we are out of the car I take a look at Alec. Like I said, I know my kids very well and I can tell that something is wrong. I want him to talk to me, but not in a car park. I grab his little hand and slowly guide him to my office. It's early before the other students come so the school is quiet, all I hear is Alec's paced breathing and footsteps along chalk covered concrete. He stays quiet and keeps his head down so his hair covers his eyes. I take us through the front office and say a quick 'good morning' to the office staff. The school staff all know that Alec is my kid so they give him a free pass to come see me whenever without being questioned. He has a small advantage over other kids but we try not to make it too obvious he's my son at school.

In my office I sit down at my desk chair and sit Alec on my lap, straddling me so he can face me. He leans his forehead against my chest and sighs, I rub his back soothingly.

"What's got you so clingy today?" I ask in a low tone

"I miss you more, daddy." He says, voice trapped by my chest. "I miss you when I'm at school or you're away. I get nervous when your not with me"

"Oh sweetheart. I miss you too. I worry about you when you're gone. What kind of stuff do you worry about?" I say and he sniffles

"I just feel scared and upset when you're not here. I don't like it." he says solemnly, making me crush into pieces.

"I don't like it when you're worried ,hun. How about we make a deal?" I propose and he nods.

"I promise to give you cuddles whenever you need, if you promise to tell me when you feel nervous."

"I promise daddy." he says and finally sits up and looks at me.

"Good boy." I praise, knowing he needs comfort.

Alec's soon hops of my lap,  goes to class and after school that night we have a very long snuggle session and I watch him fall asleep in my arms. 

1705 words

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone

another chapter, loved this chapter idea. i really like writing about nick and charlie's dynamics as parents so here we are. 

I also made character art for Alec and Millie to show what I imagine them looking like. 

Alec:

Millie:

In these photo's they are wearing there outfits from this chapter.  If you don't like them, you can imagine them as whatever you like, this is just what i base the story off.  I made there profiles on Picrew, which Ive never used so this was my first time, it's prob bad.

Hope you enjoyed this

stay happy, healthy and hydrated

thx

thefruity1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 521 45
Set in a mpreg universe the day Charlie finishes uni, exploring their future kids, marriage, etc. Disclaimer - these are not my characters unless spe...
17.2K 147 54
Jake was troubled, did what was considered to be 'bad' things but he just wants to live. He's extremely loyal, funny but brave. Devon was a smart gu...
276K 5K 82
Nick and Charlie, from Alice Oseman's wonderful books and graphic novels are now in their early twenties and they are still in love. SMUT WARNING for...
20.6K 534 64
An au about nick and Charlie At end of the summer nick moved to Kent he was happy that he can finally leave his old town where his life was bad, when...