Flames And Feathers

By protogen_posting

Caleb, a socially awkward high school student, wakes up one day as a GIANT ASS FIRE BIRD, and finds an entire... More

YEA ITS THE AUTHORS NOTE LMAOOO
chapter 1 - now thats what i call furry tf exposition 😎
chapter 2 - ok the exposition is over
chapter 3 - so, what can you do?
chapter 4 - is this a reference to transported? the book by randomman88?
intermission
chapter 6 - what is up guys today we will be committing breaking and entering
chapter 7 - i forgor πŸ’€
chapter 8 - New Powers, New Discoveries (REVERSE LEMON)
INTERMISSION
chapter 9 - back on track HOLY SHIT IS THAT A GEOMETRY DASH REFERENCE?!?!??!??!
chapter 10 - Damn Daniel! 🐬 🐬 🐬 🐬 🐬 🐬
chapter 11 - like zoinks scoob we got a mystery to solve!!
chapter 12 - uh oh! i fucked up the plot on accident!

chapter 5 - imposter syndrome

8 0 0
By protogen_posting

Caleb woke up, not expecting to be greeted by the sun blasting in his face.

"God DAYUM I thought I closed my blinds!"

Caleb then remembered the events of the previous day, he somehow forgot that he wasn't back in his room. Caleb also found out he slept perfectly fine while sitting up, which surprised him since he could barely even sleep normally.

Caleb just now realized how hungry he was, which probably wasn't good as he didn't know how he'd even get food here in the first place. Caleb didn't even know what kind of economy this place had. Would he have to work for food? Would he have to go into slavery or something? No, he wasn't THAT desperate.

Caleb came up with 2 options: either take food from whatever trashcans they had anywhere near the front of the city, or outright steal food from others. Caleb was too socially awkward to ask others for food, and also thought he could possibly get beaten up for this.

Caleb flew to a place near the front of the city and prepared himself to completely destroy his dignity, like he had any it the first place.

Once Caleb landed, he searched for an alley and quickly found one with a lot of trashbins. Caleb just now noticed how much taller the buildings were than he expected, they were about the size of a skyscraper, which made sense. Having the ability to breath fire and fly would likely make constructing much easier, even with lower end tools.

Caleb went into one of the alleys and started rummaging through the trash, hoping for something good. He actually was able to find a decent meal of some thrown away baked potatoes, which tasted pretty good and were still in their pots.

Caleb walked out of the alley decently full, this food would surely be able to make him back to home-

"Hey redwing!" OH SHIT KYPER WAS THERE.

"Jesus christ can you PLEASE NOT SNEAK UP ON ME LIKE THAT ANYMORE?!?!" Caleb snapped back. It seemed he had met his match in the annoying contest.

"I can't help it!" kyper said with a grin. "Anyways, I came to ask you if you want to go to the special royal announcment thingy happening today! I have front row seaaaatsssssss"

"I didn't expect you you be into politics." Caleb said, confused.

"Well my dad IS part of the royal gaurd, so I'm kind of obligated to go to them. It'd be nice to have friend there."

"BRUH WE LITERALLY MET YESTERDAY IM AT MOST AN ACQUANTENCE" Caleb yelled in confusion.

"Well too bad you're the only bird in this city who hasn't outright rejected me!" Kyper yelled excitedly.

"Wait... so he's been rejected by LITERALLY EVERONE HERE?!?!? ok now it makes more sense as to why he immediately latched onto me. Well, I see no reason not to have more friends, and he can help me learn more about their culture!"

"Alright, I'll go with you to that royal announcement thingy. I hope it won't be too boring." Caleb said after his thoughts.

"Great! Come on let's go!" Kyper grabbed Caleb's wing and started running, knocking Caleb off his talons and makin him fall flat on his face.

Kyper eventually lead Caleb to a large stage with a ton of seats. There were already quite a few pheonixes already there, waiting for the royal family to come and announce whatever they were going to announce. Caleb and kyper sat down In Their front row seats and waited patiently.

"So kyper, do you know what they're gonna announce-"

Caleb was immediately jumpscared by the loudest trombone ensemble he had ever heard in his life, he honestly should have expected the royal family to have a loud entrance like this.

"Citizens of pyrhus, the royal family will now begin their announcement." Yelled the pheonix on stage

"Finally!" Caleb and kyper said in unison. Kyper was definitely starting to grow on Caleb.

The announcements started as just some boring stuff, like new extensions to the city being set up and new renovations on the middle section of the city. Then came the actual meat, their plans for expansion.

Kyper started to doze off, causing him to snuggling up to Caleb, which immediately gave him gay thoughts. Caleb decided kyper probably just did that while bored. Kyper woke up just in time for the most important announcement.

"Some of you may have heard rumors about us planning an invasion on the humans, which we are glad to say is not true. Instead, we are hoping to set up relations with them for the first time in 3000 years! We will finally gain access to their rumored technology, such as their moving pictures and other lightning based equipment!"

This reminded Caleb that he still had his phone on him in the bag at his new base. He wondered if it had service here. Well now he knew the pheonixes had no ill intentions and just wanted access to some of them sweet succulent double A batteries.

"I'm so excited! I heard somewhere that humans can fly now and can fly faster and higher than any pheonix, isn't that neat?" Kyper said, practically vibrating with hype.

"Yeah sounds neat!" Caleb said, he didn't want to tell him that it was planes he was referring to, that would blow his cover.

The speech was almost over, and they had one more announcement.

"Lastly, 15 years ago today, one of our hatchlings, named skystreak, went missing. If any of you find any info on them, whether they're dead or alive, you will be highly rewarded."

It sounded like a good excuse to leave the city, it may help him get out of trouble.

Everyone in the crowd got up and left to attend to their business as usual. It was almost night, so Caleb said bye to kyper and flew home, tommorow would be a stressful day.

Once Caleb got back to his abandoned base, he decided he would check his phone for data, and surprisingly it had 3 bars! Caleb knew what he had to do... IT WAS STRAWBERRY JAMS TIME.

Caleb hit shuffle on his music Playlist and it landed on home on the range from celeste strawberry jam.

The song was helping Caleb think of ways to escape the next day, which was the most important thing on his mind right now.

So important in fact, he didn't even realize kyper had snuck into his house.

"Hey redwing my dad said I could sleepover-"

"What are you doing redwing?" Kyper said, "and where is that weird music coming from?"

Caleb rushed to make the music stop, and tried to think of an excuse for everything that as just happening, bit couldn't think of anything and spaced out.

"Well? You going to tell me?" Kyper asked.

"OH god, am I really going to continue lying to him? I don't think I have the strength to do it anymore. FUCK WHY AM I STARTI G TO FALL FOR A FUCKING BIRD I DIDNT KNOW I WAS T H I S DOWN BAD"

"Alright, just... don't freak out at what I'm about to say."

"Can doo fuckeroo-" kyper said, before Caleb transformed himself back into a human.

"There you go... I'm actually a human that can turn into a pheonix-" Caleb said, before kyper grabbed him with his wings and started squeezing him.

"OH my royals, I never thought I'd get to see a real human in my life! You're so much more squishy than I expected!" Kyper said excitedly. "Ooh! Did you bring any of your human tech with you?!? Can i see it?"

"Well at least you aren't mad at me" Said Caleb with a chuckle, before transforming back into a pheonix. He showed kyper his phone, which kyper held like it was the Bible 2: the second cumming.

"Woahhhhhh... your human stuff is so cool! Does this box do anything besides glow?" Caleb was too tired for this right now.

"We should probably go to bed now, where are you sleeping?"

"Well there's only one bed, which means..." kyper said with a grin.

Caleb and kyper had to sleep in the same bed, which admittedly wasn't as bad as Caleb thought. Kyper was already sound asleep, snuggld right next to him. Caleb was trying to keep himself from hyperventilating because of his flusteredness.

They both eventually dozed off, Caleb's dreams of course being the weirdest shit imaginable.

That was chapter 5!!!!!! I hope u liked it!

I tried to add some GAY in this chapter and I seemed to have succeeded, mainly because Caleb and kyper are both pretty touch starved.

Well, I'll see u guys tommorow, peas out!!!!!1!11!11!11!/÷_=&%,/,÷?2)@]#>¡○¡\¡~¡ jdosiwnevfhcucyeh2j

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.8K 55
Hi, I'm Lisa Stone. Your clichΓ© outcast living a terrible life. Well, that is until I got kidnapped and taken to a special place. A place that I hold...
6.2K 255 29
I want to belong. But being me... makes it difficult. Anywhere I go I stand out. And just when I think I've found my place... Nope. Even at the Socie...
2K 121 19
So I suck at descriptions but here we go: My name is Lola Jansen and I'm your typical 17 year old girl. I love to read, paint and mostly keeps to mys...
110 4 7
I am fifteen. My hair is blonde and my eyes are crystal grey. Hahaha thought I was gonna say blue, huh? My life was pretty normal. I walk to school e...