Sonic The Hedgehog (IDW): Fig...

By True_Guard

This is the tale of a time patroller who is willing to save an entirely different universe rather than findin... More

BIO
Issue #0: Trouble In Peace
Issue #1: New Universe, New Problems
Issue #2: Talk of a Resistance
Issue #3: New and Familiar Faces!
Side Issue #1: Introduceing Son Gotuce!
Issue #4: Meeting a Tinker!
Issue #5: Fight with the Ultimate Life Form!?
Issue #6: Help from a Guardian!
Issue #7: Metal Confrontation
Issue #8: Emerald Power Vs. Saiyan Might!
Issue #9 Dragon Soul!
Tangle & Whisper Issue #1: Imposter!
Tangle & Whisper Issue #2: Infiltrateing and Escaping
Tangle & Whisper Issue #3: The Truth
Tangle & Whisper Issue #4: Executing the Plan
Xenoverse 2 Mini Issue: Mysterious Call Received!
Issue #10: Snowy Portals!
Issue #11: Infected!
Issue #12: Escape from the City!
Issue #13: Immunity!
Issue #14: Egg Scrambled!
Issue #15: Loss......and Rage!
Issue #16: Arrival on Angel Island!
Issue #17: Getting the Chaos Emeralds!
Issue #18: No Messing Around!
Issue #19: Final Assault!
Issue #20: Full Power Revealed!
Issue #21: Back to Normal!
Issue #22: Celebration!
Issue #23: Return to Mobius!
Issue #24: Starline's Return!
Issue #25: The New Restoration HQ!
Issue #26: Inside the Tower!
Issue #27: Destroying Eggmans Tower!
Issue #28: Escapeing from Eggman's Tower!
Side Issue #2: Rest and Confession!
Gotuce's Day Off! #1: Sad Lemur.
Issue #29: Time with Friends!
Issue #30: Forest in Danger!
Issue #31: Rest Assured!
Issue #32: Eggman Back At It!
Issue #33: Leaving Eggperial City!
Issue #34: Trouble in Crisis City!
Issue #35: Speed of Light vs Mastered Instinct!
Issue #36: Still Some Fight Left!
Issue #37: Unexpected Consequence!
Gotuce Day Off #2: Return to Base and Sharing!?
Issue 38#: Reinfiltrateing Eggperial City!
Issue #40: Androids?!
Issue #41: Stopping Eggman!
Issue #42: Destroying the City For Good!
Issue #43: New Recruit!
Issue #44: Training!
Issue #45: Anger at Maximum!
Time World Tour Issue #1: Into the Future!
Time World Tour Issue #2: Shocking Reveal!
Issue #46: Unexpected Surprise!

Issue #39: Trapped in a Different Plane of Existence!

172 4 1
By True_Guard

After the portal swallowed the other, Sonic was left all by himself to fight against the incoming badniks.

Sonic: I know attacking me is kinda your thing......

Sonic dashes away.

Sonic:........but could you give me two minutes?! My friends are in trouble!

Just then the badniks were stopped by a force and group together to be burned to ash revealing it was Silver and Blaze.

Amy and Tails were dismantling the other badniks.

Sonic: Oh. Hey, guys. Come here often?

Amy: Jewel told us you called for backup. Are you hurt?

Sonic: Nah! I'm fine—but I do appreciate the help, guys. Sorry to make you work on your vacation, Blaze.

Blaze: Think nothing of it. I would never turn a blind eye to villainy. Though I would have like for Gotuce to join on my vacation.

Silver: and I'm just happy to have some direction!

Tails: This is the sort of thing Lanolin organized the Diamond Cutters to handle. I though they were with you?

Sonic: They were. Lemme get you up to speed. We found out Eggman's City is auto building itself by strip mining the earth below. We got ambushed, and the team was caught in the same kind of trap as the one we ran into we Eggmans tower base thingy?

Tails: Where did Gotuce go? I thought he was here but I'm not feeling blasts in the city.

Sonic: That's because he also went with the Diamond Cutters through the portal.

Tails: Well do we have time for Blaze to return home? She could use the Sol Emeralds to cross dimensions and rescue them.

Blaze: That won't work. The Sol Emeralds can only transport me between your world and my own.

Silver: And I can't freely time travel, Maybe Gotuce can do something on the other side since he's a Time Patroller........

Blaze: That may be true but I think it's best if we also did a solution in the here and now.......

Amy: so the only way we can rescue them is with Eggman's tech or Gotuce's?

Tails: That could be possible for Eggman's but as for Gotuce's, it's a no go as I'm still studying it.

Tails: I think I need to access one of those crystals. I've got a feeling that's key to everything here.

Sonic: Then let's not keep'em waiting! C'mon guys! Let's clear the way for Tails!
——————————————————
Meanwhile in a different plane of existence........

Tangle tries to get the others attention but it was in vain.

Tangle: No! Come back! We're right here! RRRGH! We can't fight badniks! We can't talk to anyone! Walking around feels like I'm gonna float away like a soap bubble! This sci Fi whatever stinks! Gotuce! Do you have any tech or power to get us out of here!

Gotuce: I could power up to my max......but I could also risk deplete all of my ki leaving me to recharge, Tangle.....

Tangle: Gnnnn! C'mon, boss lady! We need a plan!

Lanolin is seen crouched with her face being covered by her legs.

Lanolin: I'm not the boss.

Tangle: Sure you are! You organized the team! This was your mission! You're totally the team leader! I can't be, cuz.....Ha Ha, c'mon now, let's be serious, and Whisper is more of the complete the mission type.

Lanolin: I don't think I'm cut out for this. Gotuce should have been the team leader, he's more experienced in all this......

Tangle: Then...why did you even form the team?

Lanolin:........Desperation? When the badniks attacked my hometown, I was terrified. Until.......Gotuce showed up, and destroyed them with ease. I never wanted to feel so helpless of unprepared again. I didn't want anyone to have to feel that way. But now here we are. I'm not prepared to deal with this. This mission is an utter failure and it's all my fault.

Tangle: First off, we failed together! It was a team effort!

Lanolin: Strangely, that doesn't make me feel any better.

Gotuce came back after sneakily hearing their conversation before speaking up.

Gotuce: You know.......I was always this confident with my power.....

Lanolin looked up to Gotuce in front of her.

Tangle: What do you mean, Gotuce?

Gotuce: When I joined the Time Patrol, it gave me the chance to gor stronger so that I could find the one who........erased my entire universe.

Lanolin: What?!

Tangle: Yeah that was me and Whispers reaction when hearing this.

Gotuce: But this drive to find the killer just kept me angry and made me over push my body to insane limits and to the point of death.........after some rest, Trunks I traduced me to a version of my father who never had a third son and it just crushed me to hear that out of all the timelines out there, my was the only one that had "me"........so i trained more than anyone, punched harder, attain the level of the gods just so that one day.........I'll have my revenge. This is my drive as I use it to reach even further levels of power.

Lanolin: How can you be so sure?

Tangle: Because we're the Diamond Cutters! We are awesome! And we never give up! Right, Whisper?

Whisper looked at Tangle.

Whisper: 'Why?'

Tangle: Why, what?

Whisper: 'Why "Diamond Cutters". My team. My friends. What I lost.'

Lanolin: Wait, lost? When Tangle said former team, I thought you meant they disbanded after the war.

Whisper: 'No. We were betrayed, destroyed.'

Tangle: I thought......I didn't.......I wanted.

Whisper: 'Just say it.'

Tangle: I'm sorry! I didn't think of it like that! Your old teammates were such close friends! They were so cool and competent! I wanted that for us! So we wouldn't drift apart again!

Whisper was silent as memories of what she endured these past days.

Tangle started to cry.

Tangle: I was caught up in the moment! I'm so sorry!

Whisper: We can always change the team name.

Whisper out her hand up for them to be quiet so that she may continue to speak.

Whisper: 'My old team.......we were there for one another. Our wisps..... they're here for me now......and even though Ive tries to walk away, everyone has been there to support me. Sonic, Tails, Belle, You Tangle and especially you, Gotuce. The only person not trying to help everyone is......me.'

Lanolin: I don't know the whole story, but if you were betrayed. I'd understand having trouble trusting others again.

Whisper: 'No. One person hurt me. One person took my friends from me. Not you. Not the Restoration. Just him. It.....will take some time to fully move on. May I ask that you be patient with me?'

Lanolin: I can be if you'll be patient with me being bossy and inexperienced.

Tangle tries to say something but was muffled by her tail which Whisper pulled down.

Tangle: Thanks, I said—

Whisper: 'I know. I can. I will. Gotuce will you be patient with me?'

They all turned to Gotuce who had his head down......

Tangle: Gotuce, are you okay?

They then heard a sniffle before Gotuce lifted to show them that he was crying.

Lanolin: Gotuce, What's wrong?!

Gotuce: I.......I.......Can't......

Tangle: What? What do you mean you can't?

Gotuce: I........can't do.....this......

Whisper walked up to Gotuce before placing a hand on his cheek.

Whisper: 'Why.....?'

Gotuce: You talking about losing you team........just brought up so much pain for me......

Lanolin: Pain?

Gotuce: I was given a mission from the Time Nest to go into the future of my timeline, but.........I knew what it exactly was........I knew what timeline it was..........my big brother Gohan's........a-and a-and.........

Whisper: 'and?'

Gotuce: I had to watch h-him die right in front of me.....

The three were all shocked to hear this.

Lanolin/Whisper/Tangle: What?!

Gotuce: I-I couldn't do anything because I wasn't allowed to intervene!!!!!!! I just had to watch him die, multiple times!!!!!!! And after so much!!!!! I JUST SNAPPED!

Gotuce bursted into Beast shaking the plane of existence.

Gotuce: I COULDN'T BEAR WATCH MY BROTHER DIE AGAIN, SO I DESTROYED THE ANDROIDS LEAVING THAT TIMELINE INTACT!

Gotuce calmed down.

Gotuce: But......it still wasn't enough......

Whisper suddenly hugged Gotuce.

Whisper: 'Im sorry that you had to go through that, I'm truly am.'

Tangle: Yeah, so are we! Well bear you hardship!

Lanolin: Yeah!

Gotuce after hearing this, dried his tears and got up.

Gotuce: alright.......what's the plan.....

Whisper: 'We can remain the Diamond Cutters. They would be honored to have inspired us to continue our cause.'

Gotuce: The honor is all our. Thank you.

They shook hands as agreement.

Tangle then hugged them all in a group hug which Gotuce enjoyed from the fluffy ess of their fur.

Tangle: Yeah! The cool friends and our future husband doing what's right! No matter what!

Lanolin: Okay, but theres going to be a hard limit on the number of group hugs.

Whisper:'Agreed.'

Gotuce: Alright!

Tangle: Fine, then I'm making this one count!

Lanolin: How would your old team handle something like this? Was there a chain of command, or......

Whisper: 'No chain. We relied on one anothers expertise in the case.......wed ask Claire for insight. If she saw nothing. I'd be asked to scout the area.'

Tangle: Well, none of us are psychic so I guess you're scouting for us?

Lanolin: No....not just Whisper.....We can barley interact with this tangible world. That means no badnik can attack us and we can by pas security. We can all scout the city, extra quick and once Sonic and the others return it's to normal, we'll have all the Intel ready for them!

Tangle: Sound alike you've got a plan there, boss.

Lanolin: It's a direction at least.

Gotuce: It is still a very good plan, Lanny.

Lanolin blushes from Gotcue's nickname.

Lanolin: Oh stop it you.~

Whisper: 'Lets head to the central control tower. It will have the most crucial resources.'

Lanolin: All right! Let's go, Diamond Cutters!

They all all began to make their way to their destination on the central tower.
——————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 95 19
This is the tale of how Sonic's world had begun to crumble. Without their heroic hero, the blue blur, the citizens of Mobius were left in the dust. T...
7.9K 131 8
You are a skilled fighter, driven by the words Infinite told you when he burned down your city. You joined the Resistance to become stronger and to h...
75.3K 2.3K 50
MAIN STORY COMPLETE - BONUS CHAPTERS 【 JOIN SONIC and other members of IDW Comics to stop the Metal Virus! 】 You're paying for your past crimes, but...
3.3K 16 80
Characters and contents are a property of SEGA. I do not own anything. *PLS HIT THE VOTE BUTTON, IT REALLY HELPS ME OUT* After facing countless def...