Issue #40: Androids?!

As the group had all gone up ahead, they found out that Team Dark was already here dismantling robots.

Sonic: Shadow?!

Shadow:.......Sonic.

Rouge: Hey there, kids!

Silver had brought down Amy and Blaze but she was upside down.

Sonic: I'm flattered that you'd wanna rescue little ol me. But as you can see......you're a little late to the party.

Shadow: I have no idea what you're talking about nor do I care.

Rouge: Sorry, Blue. I called my boys in to see what we could do about this delightful little burg the doctor's put together.

Omega: THE MORE EGGMAN CONCENTRATES HIS FORCES. THE MORE I CAN DESTROY.

Sonic:.....Ah. That tracks.

Amy: That's awfully altruistic for you, Rouge.

Rouge: It is, isn't it? And if we happen to find anything interesting in, say, Eggman's private vaults, I intend to reward my good behavior handsomely.

Tails: Well, whatever your reason, you're here now! Why don't we team up to take out the city?

Silver: Yeah! Strength in numbers!

Omega: ROUGE. THIS CONVERSATION IS IRRELEVANT TO OUR MISSION.

Rouge:You heard the robot.......No hard feelings. But you'd only slow us down, see you around!

Omega: I WILL ATTEMPT NOT TO HIT ANY OF YOU IN THE CROSSFIRE.

Sonic: Only slow us down my foot.

Blaze: Together or not, their efforts can only aid ours.

Sonic: It's the principle of the—

Suddenly Sonic was interrupted by Eggman.

Eggman: Hello, Sonic and all you simpering tagalongs! At last, I can properly introduce you to my latest creation. This is my city of tomorrow, a self replicating, self repairing, metropolis unlike anything the world has ever seen. Go ahead, try to destroy it! For every building you level, Dozen more will rise to take it's place! You know what? I think the occasion calls for something special. Yes, a surprise I've been saving for quite a while......WELCOME TO WGGPERIAL CITY! My shadow androids will be happy to show you around! Enjoy your stay........short as it may be!

Just then pufferfish badniks began to open up and drop Androids that look like shadow on the city.
——————————————————
Inside the central tower......

Eggman: GAH HA HA HA!

Orbot: EXCELLENT INTIMIDATION SPEECH, BOSS.

Eggman: Of course it was! Oh Ho Ho! I'm going to enjoy this! Now with that Gotuce fellow out of the way, they won't stand a chance against my androids! It's been too long since a plan came together properly. Look at them already floundering and ice barely even began. Building badniks meant to mimic shadows superior skill set really was a stroke of genius. I knew holding on to them would pay off someday. Hey Cubot,......you got any of that shaky cheese stuff for the popcorn?

Just at the door of the room, the Diamond Cutters were entering silently.

Cubot: YOU KNOW IT, BOSS!

Eggman: HA HA! Excellent!

Tangle decided to get close to Metal Sonic.

Lanolin: Wh—Tangle! Get down!

Tangle: Why?