Lost and Found: Murder Drones...

By thetoaster1083

Ivan's on a trip to Copper 9 from Earth. He wakes up in a crashed space plane, and gets found by V and N. How... More

Lost and Found: Chapter 1
Lost and Found: Chapter 2
Lost and Found: Chapter 3
Lost and Found: Chapter 4
Lost and Found: Chapter 6
Lost and Found: Chapter 7
Lost and Found: Chapter 8
Lost and Found: Chapter 9
Lost and Found: Chapter 10
Lost and Found: Chapter 11
Lost and Found: Chapter 12
Lost and Found: Chapter 13
Lost and Found: Chapter 14
Alternate Endings: Chapter 1
Alternate Endings: Chapter 2
Alternate Endings Chapter 3
Lost and Found: Chapter 15
Lost and Found: Chapter 16
Lost and Found: END

Lost and Found: Chapter 5

543 13 34
By thetoaster1083

A/N: I'm sorry if the chapters aren't as long as you hoped they would be. This chapter is kind of like a filler/front part of Ep. 2 of Murder Drones. The first 1k words will be basically edited word-to-word from the wiki. The first 3 chapters were more like intros and others. Enjoy!

-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-

-----Narrator POV-----

N's head is instantly evaporated by the blast from her railgun. (Technically a laser cannon because rail guns shoot physical rounds by using electromagnets, but i bet u dont care anyways)

Uzi stares at her weapon, impressed by the firepower of her gun. (actual character dialogue will be changed since i forgot the exact message, and im too lazy to actually check)"Hell yeah! Suck on that, dad!"

She pumps her fists in the air, proud of her achievement. She doesn't get much time to celebrate, though. To her absolute horror, N's body gets back up and a blue liquidy form starts to occupy where his head used to be, and slowly reforms the blown off head.

Uzi can't do anything, since her railgun has a 30-minute countdown, and she literally just used it like 4 seconds ago. On instinct, she grabs a worker drone arm laying around on the ground and runs towards N. She reels back and slaps him really hard right on N's left side of his face.

N, who's screen was loading and processing a second earlier, changes to his expression.

"Did you just slap me with that arm?" He asks Uzi, clearly not knowing she was a worker drone.

She replies, "Holy, crap it talks." She looks shocked, clearly.

"Yeah... Sorry, it's just my, uh, head kind of hurts. Hey, are you new to our squad? You're a little, uhh..." N's screens show error as he could only see Uzi's silhouette. He continues, "short, for a Disassembly Drone. I'm Serial Designation N, nice to meet you. I'm kind of the leader of the squad in this city. That's not true, everyone tells me I'm useless and terrible. Wait, I'm not supposed to tell you that part! Biscuits!"

N sighs, and then continues, "Well, honesty is the best policy. I also can't seem to remember the past 3 hours of my life, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out."

Uzi, clearly still terrified of the prospect of being eaten right then and there, so she simply states, "Uh huh... I, uh, have to, go." She turns around, and the dead worker drone's arm conveniently points towards the colony.

Unfortunately, she forgot about the sizzling hole in her hand.

N notices her hand, and tells her, "Stuck yourself? Just pop it in your mouth. Our saliva neutralizes the nanites, otherwise I'd be constantly disassembling myself." He chuckles a bit, then he holds his syringe tail just as it was about to hit his head.

"And by our saliva, you mean..." Uzi trailed off.

"Disassembly Drone?" Uzi and N said in unison.

"Right. Hey, let's go in that landing pod over there!" Uzi suggested to N.

"Sure! I love doing anything!" (NO, DO NOT COMMENT 'UZI IS ANYTHING')

In the crashed human landing pod:

As Uzi takes her hand out of N's mouth, she looks kind of grossed.

"We are never talking about this," Uzi says, drying her hand.

"Talk about what? Uh, consider it, repressed." N says.

Her hand was completely healed, with no traces of injury remaining.

The inside of the spacecraft was adorned with various posters. One that stood out was a poster advertising Zero-Gee Brew. Kind of weird.

Uzi asks, "Are there any more of you guys, or you alone?"

"No, I got crew mates. There's V!"

insert flashback here because i'm too lazy to do it

"She's great! I think she will like your attitude," N adds, before continuing.

"J's also great, too!"

insert flashback here because i'm too lazy to do it

Uzi quickly scrambles to her feet, earlier sitting down. She crams herself under the console, hoping to avoid detection. 

N looks at Uzi curiously, but then stops and answers the radio call. A 3D video call of V and J show up on the wall, which explains why Uzi is hiding.

"Where are you idiot?" J says, bored.

"The sun's almost up, so you better head back to base," V adds. N gulps, wondering how he was going to explain the situation to V and J.

"Umm, actually, I'll be staying somewhere else for the day," N's voice quivers out of nervousness as he replies.

V raises her digital eyebrow, obviously suspicious of N's current behavior. "Where are you staying? And why?" J demanded an answer.

"I went out exploring, hoping to find a colony to hunt down, and I managed to find the one J was talking about. I'm currently staying inside a human landing pod," N manages to reply.

V nonchalantly tells N, "We'll see you tomorrow night. We'll have a feast." V and J are seen and heard cackling out of excitement as the video call ends.

"Alright, Uzi! Let's get some sleep in before we get to kill these drones!" N's visor makes the >< again and his wings extend and his hands turn into claws, before he goes back to normal

Uzi gulps then says, "Yeah, right. I actually forgot something really important!" Uzi tries to make a beeline for the door, but N zips there before she could even touch the door handle.

He locks it shut, bolts it, and then says, "No running off. The sun will burn you to a crisp, remember?"

"Yep, right..." Uzi trails off. She lays down in the corner, making herself comfortable for the sleepless day ahead. N finds a comfortable spot on the chair and the console, and tries to sleep but to no avail.

Uzi has even worse luck, as she is sleeping in-between the cold metal floor and the bottom of the console.

One very sleepless day for Uzi later...

Back at the colony, Khan Doorman, Uzi's father, who also happens to be door-sexual, is worrying for her daughter. Where could she be? He wondered if the disassembly drones had gotten her, which doesn't make the situation any better than it currently was.

The sun was rising, and Uzi was nowhere to be found, even though the whole colony had started searching for her. You know things are tense when Khan starts to bite his non-existent fingernails.

Would he lose his daughter the same way he lost his wife, Nori? What would remain of his daughter? The thoughts rushed through his head, until he collapsed of stress on his couch. 

Okay, that's enough with Khan. Back with Uzi and N.

N woke up, banged his head on the overhang console and fell on the floor. He groaned a bit, obviously jostled.

"Can you get off my feet?" Uzi asked N, annoyed.

"Oops," N picked himself up, still thinking that Uzi was a disassembly drone.

N adds, "J and V should be here anytime now! Like right now!" And just on cue, two loud thuds were heard outside the capsule. N unlocks and unbolts the door, and Uzi bolts out of the capsule.

"Aww, come on, I was hoping to meet a new friend!" N is clearly disappointed. As he walks out to greet V and J, he bonks his head on the doorframe, making him restart.

J and V walk towards him, standing still outside. On his screen, two words displayed: System Rebooting.

"Moron bot, hello?" J asked him, snapping her fingers in front of N's face.

-----N's POV-----

Rewinding...

That one dreaded word appeared on my vision. This meant that something really bad happened, causing me to lose memory. As my vision started to clear, low-quality videos of this drone I thought was a disassembly drone started to play.

Now, I learn that she was actually a worker drone. That's why she was acting so suspicious. More memories, more flashbacks. My head feels like it's going to explode. I could have killed her for the oil! She could have tasted so good! AHH! Regret.

As the memories ended, on bright red phrase stood out on my screen.

YOU'RE DEAD

      [IDIOT]

Hey! Even my own systems call me an idiot! Damn, I must suck at being a DD.

Eventually, I snap back to reality, and I see V and J standing in front of me. I suddenly re-remember what just happened yesterday.

I manage to stutter out, "Oh, Um I - uh - left an extremely dangerous weapon - I mean excuse - outside!"

I start to run away towards the colony. Hunting mode is on, and I fly towards Uzi. That creep is no longer going to lie to me anymore. I land near her, trying desperately to open the large metallic doors with a ... floppy disk?

It has a post-it stuck on it that says, 'Master Key'. Really, huh? For how advanced they are, this is the override? Whatever.

She opens the doors, and at this point, I'm at full sprint.

The wind blows the cards away, revealing a handful of WDs huddled around a table playing some sort of card game. She runs in, shouting at the door, "Close! Close!"

The doors start groaning and grinding as they try to close. I jam my claws underneath the door, making it stop moving. I peek inside. 

Interested, I say to the WDs, "Oooh! Rummy, can I play too?"

"Wait, no. I'm here to murder you all! Raincheck!" I swing my syringe tail and hit the floppy disk, melting it to the interface.

Uzi has a terrified look on her face, and I can't blame her for that. The door opens, and I go in.

The others run for their lives, but one, ONE, WD stays behind, and speaks to me.

"Actually, it's gin rummy, so-" It doesn't even get to finish its sentence before I pin him on the wall and decapitate him.

I look at the panicked WDs, and then say in a malicious tone, "The fun has just begun..." I lick my lips and lunge for another WD, making him scream in terror.

-----Ivan's POV-----

I wake up. I feel extremely tired, as the sun was blaring through my eyes as I slept. I will have a lot of trouble sleeping here. It's nighttime, and I see V and J flying off to somewhere. Oh well. I get off the bed, and then pick up a can of chicken. I brush away the dust, to reveal the expiration date. 

It's still good to my absolute disbelief. I go downstairs, where the last pieces of wood are laying. With some luck, I use my knife and some old, rusted metal and manage to start a small blaze.

I cut open the can with the knife, and then put it next to the fire. The chicken does not smell normal. While the food melts and heats up, I go back upstairs, where the oxygen generator is working.

Looks like the solar panels are working perfectly, and now the oxygen canister is filled. I unscrew the current one and switch it out just as I smell something burning. Oops.

I scramble down the ladder, ignoring the stairs, just to see the can burning in the blaze. Oh well, I didn't like it anyways. I take out another can of soup and then set it down next to the fire. Not too close, though.

"Finally, something good," I said to myself when I put it down. I went outside to see the night sky.

One of Copper 9's two moons, has a magnificent ring. Too bad I can't take a picture of it...

I suddenly remember my phone! I dig deep inside the utility pants, to find it, and voila! The Smasnung Galaxies S21 phone. I turn it on, to realize, to my absolute horror, it only has 3% charge left.

I quickly open up the camera app and try to find the optimal settings.

Let's see, blur the edges of the screen, zoom in a bit, and turn on night focus. Finally, I finish the changes and then take pictures. Only one before it dies out.

I sigh, disappointed. As I return back to charge my phone using the solar panels, a small explosion comes from inside the spire. I start to run, hoping to put out the fire before it causes any more damage.

Luckily, the insides are fine, everything is fine, except for one thing. MY STUPID SOUP CAN! I foolishly forgot to open it with a knife first! The pressure from the steam inside the can caused it to explode. 

I've had enough of these stupid cans of food! Just as I was about to stab one with my knife, N and V land outside.

I run back out, and holler, "Where's J?"

I look at them once more, and a worker drone peeks out from behind N.

This is just confusing.

-<>-<>-<>-<>-

Words: 2155

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 1K 26
A 19-year-old human named Y/N finds a job working for JCJenson. Y/N undergoes harsh training to become a Disassembly Drone, to help with the Worker...
1.8K 80 25
" It could be worst man," Rico said to me. I whipped the tears from my eyes and then looked at him. He had blood all over his body and face, I looke...
132 30 20
Waking up in a cold sweat is a normal occurrence. Usually, it happens when you are under immense stress during your REM state. It is what is known as...
36.5K 3.1K 26
During a massive drought, a Water Witcher goes trekking across several states to visit a friend but finds himself in danger when a group called The H...