A Splash of ink

By philippaki

Every child requires care and affection in order to thrive. So what happens when one is born alone and spends... More

Chapter 1- Well..this is different (Birth Multiverse)
Chapter 2- Something new! (Birth Multiverse)
Chapter 3- Children should not be left alone (Birth Multiverse)
Chapter 4- 'New' doesn't always mean good (New Multiverse)
Chapter 5- Things are great!/ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ (New Multiverse)
Chapter 6- Small but mighty (New Multiverse)
Chapter 7- The truth isn't always kind (New Multiverse)
Chapter 9- Oh! What does this do? (SwapDream)
Chapter 10- So many new experiences (SwapDream)
Chapter 11- Insanity isn't always fun and games (SwapDream)
Chapter 12- The many misunderstandings (UnderVerse)
Chapter 13- The chaotic conclusion (UnderVerse)
Chapter 14- Big me! (Adult Paperjam Multiverse)
Chapter 15- New name..? How exciting!(Adult Paperjam Multiverse)
Chapter 16- New friends. Step 1:✨Kidnap✨(Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 17- A new type of game! (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 18- Following the breadcrumbs (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 19- Best friend! (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 20- What did they say now..?! 🖌️(Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 21- I dont trust it...🦴 (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 22- Family bonding!💫 (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 23- Family reunited and new bonds (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 24- Fragmented but still whole..? (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)
Chapter 25- Found and lost(PlantVerse)
Chapter 26- Old wounds and new discoveries 🌱 (PlantVerse)
Chapter 27- Playing with plants and more confusion.. (PlantVerse)
Chapter 28- An apple a day keeps the chaos away..?🍏 (PlantVerse)
Chapter 29- The twins not so very peaceful day (PlantVerse)
Chapter 30- A 'happy' mistake..? (PlantVerse)
Chapter 31- Be careful what you say..(PlantVerse)
Chapter 32- Make a wish upon a shooting star..? 💫(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 33- A butterfly flap to a full blown hurricane 🦋 (ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 34- Conspiracy theory confirmed & parenthood?! ⭐️(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 35- Please stop destroying everything...(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 36- The misunderstandings never stop.. (ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 37- 'Child'? How about 'creature from the depths'(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 38-The true horror was the one inside us✨(ForcedGods Multiverse)
Chapter 39- Maybe that wasn't the best idea...(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 40- Plan? What plan?(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 41- Normal? Far from it!(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 42-Crazy?Im only talking to the voices in my head(Shattered? Multiverse)
Chapter 43- What did you idiots do now?! (Shattered? Multiverse)

Chapter 8- A new type of tree! (SwapDream)

787 66 5
By philippaki

Paperjam ends up in a new multiverse and decides its much more exciting then the last place he was at.

——

New Multiverse

Paperjam had thought deeply about what the spikey abomination had said a few days ago and decided they were right. He might not remember the whole conversation but the part of 'not belonging' was true.

This wasn't his multiverse and the numbers didnt lie either, no matter what Creator and Destroyer insisted, saying that this could be his home. He didn't really belong here and he should move on, having stayed here much longer than he had wanted to.

The bad breaks in his bones were long healed and his magic was at full capacity, so there really was nothing keeping him here.

Creator still hadn't shown him an easier way to travel, so his own way would have to do. He pulled up his sleeve, so he could get the most ink but paused in his task, frowning as he realised a rather large problem.

Squeezing his hands together he worriedly looked at the numbers, knowing he still didn't have enough magic to travel to a new multiverse.

...He supposed he could still give it a go, see if that strange golden sheen would appear on his ink puddle again, that led him to this multiverse in the first place. It's not like he really had many other options to choose from.

At least Destroyer had kept their end of the bargain, allowing him to read some of the numbers easier, hopefully giving him a greater chance to leave this place.

He continued frowning as he tried to hash out his plan, stuck in thought when he was suddenly lifted up by Parasite, staring at them in confusion. They tended to do this a lot but he liked the buzzing his chest made in response, so he didn't put up a fuss.

"What up, little bro? You look down in da dumps"

"Do you know how to travel to different multiverses?" He wasn't expecting much, so was surprised when their sunglasses switched to exclamation marks and they nodded.

"I do! Any place in particular place you aiming for, little dude? Or do you want something just rad?"

—-

SwapDream Multiverse

Paperjam decided that he did not like Parasites method of travelling at all, much preferring his ink. He was determined to make his way work someday!...but right now he was busy trying not to be sick, feeling very wobbly when they put him down.

"Here you go. One rad place!"

The babybones looked up, closing his sockets to try and block out the jumbled numbers from this new multiverse, even if he knew it was futile to try.

He knew the numbers NEVER stopped but he could still hope.

Fifteen minutes later he felt much more stable and studied the numbers, unsure what he was exactly looking at.

...Perhaps looking around would help him make more sense of them?

Walking away from Parasite he spotted a lot of trees, which helped to relax him as it reminded him of his birth AU. He had taken note that not many beings tended to stay near forests for long, so he should have more freedom to explore, without bumping into any more abominations.

It almost felt like he was back home with how empty this place was, only the numbers reassuring him he was no longer stuck in his old 'home'.

His exploration wasn't really turning up much but he soon paused when he stumbled upon a large tree stump, carefully poking it and smiling at how the numbers seemed to splutter around it. What an odd tree stump..

He tried to catch the numbers that seemed to fall off it like a stream, giggling as he did so, not noticing how his surroundings violently glitched in response to his actions. He was highly entertained by this simple activity but eventually grew bored, very confused when he realised it was suddenly very dark.

He was sure it was still daytime..?

...Oh , someone was here. Turning to look behind him he frowned at the being that had to be the tallest.. monster? he had ever seen. He was drawn to the magic radiating from their back, which he was amused to see were shaped like wings. Looking between them and the tree stump he grew increasingly confused, unsure what he was looking at.

"..are you a tree?" He seriously asked, as he rather liked trees, even if they could be rather boring at times, so he really hoped he found a new type of tree. He flinched when they burst into laughter, looking at the tall being? in bafflement.

"No. I'm not a tree~"

He squinted at them, briefly looking back at the tree stump in betrayal, before staring up at the tall figure. One of them had to be lying to him..but the numbers rarely did, so...

"..are you sure ?" He was really hoping they were mistaken, otherwise he was going to be severely disappointed.

His frown deepened when he was suddenly picked up, unsure where to put his hands, as he was only held by Parasite before...was this actually a monster holding him? He was doubtful but he would keep it in mind.

...Being randomly touched wasn't as bad as he expected it to be.

His black boned 'parent' used to screech loudly when others tried to touch them, so he had been expecting to feel at least somediscomfort. He hummed as he looked over them in interest, patting their face and examining their numbers deeper, now that he was much closer to them.

They sort of felt like Positivity did but much stronger and he had a niggling feeling the tree stump played into this somehow.....does that mean Positivity was a tree too?! Why didn't they ever tell him?

Dream was thoroughly amused by his new find, still hearing them mumble about 'trees' as they touched his face, sometimes forcibly tilting his face so they could examine a new part of him easier. He was unsure what exactly they were looking for but he was happy to oblige, his new tiny guest.

He had no clue why he had been drawn back to his mother today but he was glad he came, as this was a very amusing find.

He smirked wider as he saw his Nightmare grumpily making their way over, adjusting his new prize so his brother could see them better.

"Dream..what are you doing?" Nightmares asked tonelessly, already done with his brothers antics for the day. He gave a dead eye stare as they ignored him, watching them coo at the babybones as if they were a pet, dreading the idea of having to grab the child from them later.

They were clearly not from their multiverse, idly wondering what poor idiots his brother had killed, in order to get the latest 'entertainment'.

"I just found them! Aren't they interesting?~"

Dream smirked at sensing his brothers frustration, mixed in with a large dose of disbelief at his response. He shrugged, deciding it wasn't his fault if they didn't believe him, when he actually told the truth. He ignored the fact that he had told numerous lies in the past, hardly seeing it as relevant to the now .

"-just take any random child. Our multiverse was nearly destroyed with the last annoyed parents you brought here...are you even listening to me?!"

Nightmare felt his socket twitch, getting out a cigarette and muttering uncomplimentary things about his brother, who was still cooing at their latest kidnapee. Why did he have to get stuck with this?! He was basically a babysitter for an overpowered toddler! He should get paid for this thankless job!

"Why are you talking to yourself?..Are you insane ?"

Nightmare spluttered at the innocent sounding question, the sheer excitement at the last word made him look at the child in worry. Where had his brother gotten them from?!

Dream cackling in sheer amusement made a new sense of dread wash over him, shivering as he saw their eyelights flash in possessiveness. Wonderful , his brother was already growing attached. This was going to make things even harder.

Paperjam huffed as he wasn't given an answer, looking back at the Fluffy Destroyer and examining them further. He was sure he would get them to admit they were a tree soon, fascinated at how bright some of their numbers were. It almost looked like they were on fire!

This new place was fun. Parasite really had some good taste.

~~~~~~

Paperjam: Can you help me get to a new multiverse?

Fresh: *Whose idea of childcare is extremely questionable* Sure thing! I'll drop you off right now!

Ink: *Twitching and staring off into the distance*..Why do i have the sudden urge to dust Fresh?
-
SD Dream: *Smiling manically* Hello latest entertainment~

Paperjam: *Starry eyed and vibrating in excitement, showing no fear* A new type of tree!

SD Nightmare: *Watching the interaction with a growing sense of dread* This is going to be painful to deal with, i just know it...
-
Paperjam: *Tactlessly asking questions like usual*

SD Dream: *Highly amused and cuddling PJ closer* They truly are a gem!~

SD Nightmare: *Close to tears due to stress* They are something alright...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 751 29
You were an average kid, somewhat having a older mind than most of your classmates. you had always been into the undertale fandom, and even knew almo...
6.4K 118 26
A surface AU I made up myself! Summary: You lived your boring life as always until monsters finally reached the surface and spiced things up. You ga...
61.3K 1.5K 21
Disclaimer: this story was written when I was very young and didn't know how to write, apologies for poor writing My name is Y/n L/n. About two years...
42.5K 2.5K 23
⪼A life where our beloved [Reader/REDACTED] died a very.. 'Fun' death. ⪼upon realizing their death, they'd realize that they reincarnated into error...