The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

By User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... More

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 17: Corrupt
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell
Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon
Update!

Chapter 39: Lesson Learned

741 19 3
By User456as

"Hello there Bounty Hunter."

"...Adam Taurus..."

Hector said before popping his neck and standing back up and looked at Adam with a glare underneath his gas mask.

"You caused me alot of deaths... faunus deaths." Adam said unsheathing his sword.

Hector did the same with Sion's sword before replying,
"I think you mean radical terrorists but hey they're dead either way."

Adam then gritted his teeth before saying,

"I'm going to kill you then I'm going to show the world that the I killed the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant!"

Hector then held Sion's sword with both of his hands with the blade on his right side pointed straight up.
The other White Fang soldiers then began to step towards Hector before Adam shouted.

"No! He's mine!"

Then the White Fang soldiers lowered their weapons and backed away letting these two powerhouses go at each other.

Both circled one another watching and analyzing each other intently watching and waiting for the other to strike. This went on for a few moments before Hector feeling the lust for a fight leaped foward with a overhead attack which Adam promptly blocked.

Hector then tried to kick Adam in the stomach but Adam blocked the kick with his arm before kicking Hector in the stomach making him tumble back.

"Oof!" Hector grunted as he activated his gas mask's air filter. Feeling his lungs getting a second wind Hector then put away Sion's sword away which prompted Adam to rush towards the bounty hunter who then used his air boosters to get airborne and whipped out his revolver and began to shoot.

Firing three shots Adam blocked the first but was shot in the stomach and left shoulder.

'Oh shit he's actually good!' Hector thought worriedly since virtually no one has been able to block a bullet.
However Hector noted that if he made his shots more unpredictable by shooting him in rapid succession then he'd have a better chance at surviving.
Gritting his teeth in pain after getting shot Adam then yelled.

"I'm going to make you pay for all the death and suffering you have caused to the faunus!"

Landing on a nearby stack if boxes Hector replied,
"To the Faunus or just the White Fang?"

Adam then jumped up to Hector with an overhead strike but jumping up Hector used both of his air boosters to launch Adam back. Landing on his feet on a the ground he saw the bounty hunter put away his revolver and take out a somewhat large shotgun.

"You mercilessly killed the Smiler in Mistral along with his fleet without hesitation!" Adam barked at Hector who then shot at Adam which one shot missed but another hit his knee.

Falling back another round whizzed by his side before he took cover behind a large concrete pillar.

"I gave him an option to leave! I told him that he could take the dust as long as he left the people alone. He didn't so I killed him!" Hector replied before throwing a grenade near the pillar.

Eyes widening behind his mask Adam then quickly jumped towards another pillar for cover. When the grenade went off it destroyed everything within its blast radius.

Adam looked up to see the guards that weren't knocked out helping their fellow White Fang brothers and sisters.

"Go and get them back to our safehouse!" Adam ordered before adding.
"The bounty hunter won't leave this place alive."

Adam then jumped from cover to cover just barely avoiding the bullets whizzing past him. Adam has heard of his bullets being faster and more deadly than your average dust bullet.

To Adam it didn't matter that he had better bullets. It didn't matter that Cinder told him to stay put and not go after him. He had killed countless White Fang soldiers to satisfy his blood lust. He was going to kill him and after he was dead, so was Cinder.

"When I read your file it said you had anger issues and boy the file wasn't kidding!"

Hector shouted as he extended out his left arm to use his rope to latch onto a narrow walkway on top before pulling himself up. Adam soon followed but before going after the bounty hunter Adam grabbed a nearby metal Riot shield.

Jumping onto the walkway Hector asked,
"Before we start fighting again tell me: Did Cinder send you to kill me or did you go on your own for once?"

Adam then lunged for Hector blocked the strike with his gauntlet before kicking Adam back.

"I bow to no one!" Adam yelled as he continued to strike at Hector who was either dodging left and right or blocking him with his shotgun. Hector then threw a punch with his left hand which Adam caught. Smirking Adam readied his sword but then a large flame erupted from his gauntlet which made Adam let go and leap backwards.

"I'm surprised you can even carry all those weapons." Adam said slowly walking back toward the bounty hunter.

"What can I say? I work out." Hector mused before saying.
"And I'm surprised that you're still working for Cinder. I mean your main supplier for weapons is locked up, your branch of the White Fang is nearly broken and yet... you still follow her and a human one at that!"

Adam gritted his teeth before suddenly launching himself at Hector with lightning speed. Hector in turn immediately ducked the strike and jumped down from the walkway before saying.

"I mean do you really believe she'll keep her end of the deal? I mean you don't see her trying to get Roman back."

"I know that. When our partnership is done she's going to be the one bowing down to me!" Adam said as he looked down at the bounty hunter from the walkway. Hector looked up at Adam and said.

"And not once did you ask: What is her goal in Beacon Academy? Like did you ever question what is her goal?" Hector then added.

"You fight for your kind. I respect that, I really do but it's how you go about it."

This seemed to somewhat catch Adam off guard. What did he know about everyday suffering that the faunus go through? He probably saw the faunus as trophies for his sick collection.

"What do you know about the suffering us Faunus go through?! You probably just see the White Fang as another means to add us to your twisted collection." Adam said while pointing his sword at him.

"What do I know about the faunus? Quite alot actually!" Hector said cheerfully.
"I mean I did basically kill off a gang who were kidnapping faunus to then make them work in the dust mines in Vacuo. Seeing as you of all people don't know about it let's me know that general Irondick and his military did a good job at hiding the fact that a 15 year old with serious mental issues did what they could not." Hector added which Adam then yelled.

"Liar! You merely just killed whoever was on the wanted list!"

"Then ask the faunuses in the crater. I actually have a good relationship with them."

"Oh yeah? Then name one faunus who would support your claims." Adam countered which Hector then said.

"Citrine Foxtrot. Just ask her and the locals in the crater. I brought over thirty faunuses that were kidnapped back to their families. I reunited parents back to their children who they thought they would never see again!"

Adam stayed silent at the bounty hunter's words. He recognized that name: Citrine Foxtrot. She was one of his childhood friends in Atlas before moving to Mistral. To hear that the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant met Citrine and help the faunus there... he wouldn't just help them... right?

Hector yelled as images of his time in Atlas and the people he met flashed in his mind.

"I don't blame you for using violence, but targeting innocent people like the Smiler will only make people hate you what you stand for even more. And Cinder will be the death of you and those around you! She aims for power greater than what you or Roman could ever think exsited!"

"Then what power is she going for since it looks like you know everything." Adam said with a sneer as he put his off hand hand on the railing. Hector the said.

"Cinder and her group, Ozpin and his group... they control everything! It's not humans vs faunus as you think the world is. You, Roman, and me, we're all just pawns in their game of chess. The only difference between you and me is that I realize that, and now it's only a question or a matter of time before you realize that too." Hector said pointing at Adam.

The only sound around them was the fire from the explosion earlier quietly burning the wooden boxes. Adam Taurus, the leader of the Vale branch of the White Fang and the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant staring each other down waiting for the other to say or do something.

Adam was in deep thought. Cinder, her plan, the bounty hunter and his statements. If what he was saying was true... then why tell him?

"Why tell me this Bounty Hunter? What do you gain from telling me?"

"You have conviction and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. You've always fought beneath someone Adam. Ghira Belladonna, Sienna Khan and now Cinder and her goons." Hector replied before spotting a nearby barrel of fire dust.

Quickly drawing his revolver Hector shot the barrel which resulted in the warehouse beginning to collapse. As the fire began to spread, electrical wires hanging from the ceiling zapping anything that gets to close the walkway Adam was standing on which made him jump down to see the beams that had once been on the ceiling began to slowly fall.

"When you are ready... break free."

Hector said before putting his shotgun away and turning away from Adam leaving him deep in thought.

It wasn't until a piece of debris fell next to Adam that reminded him that the warehouse was burning down. Quickly looking around Adam spotted a nearby window Adam jumped through it and heard the distant sirens getting louder and louder. Quickly running off the Bounty Hunter's words echoed through his head.

'You, Roman, and me, we're all just pawns in their game of chess. The only difference between you and me is that I realize that, and now it's only a question or a matter of time before you realize that.'

'You've always fought beneath someone Adam. Ghira Belladonna, Sienna Khan and now Cinder Fall.'

'When you are ready... break free.'

White Fang Hideout...

"Adam sir!" One of the soldiers ran up to Adam who just walked through the door into a semi-large room where the grunts that got hurt were being tended to.

"Report." Adam said which the dog faunus replied,
"It only major injuries is a concussion at most. Other than that just bruises and cuts from the explosion."

Adam hummed in response before heading to his private room but before he opened the door the dog faunus asked.

"Sir?"

"Yes Ken?" Adam replied turning around to the dog faunus named Ken. He was average height with black dog ears and tanned skin with hair tied in a ponytail.

"Did you manage to kill the Bounty Hunter?"

Adam remained silent with his mind thinking back to his last words before his departure.
"I have a job for you." Adam replied instead.

"O-Oh okay! What do you need sir?" Ken answered with him straightening out his back.

"I need you to deliver a letter for me. Can you do that?"

"Of course!"

Adam in turn nodded and said,
"Be ready in the morning. You'll receive more details then."

Ken then nodded before turning around to leave but then Adam put his hand on his shoulder and said.

"And one other thing: This is between you and me. If anyone asks you're just giving me a report understood?"

Ken then nodded and said.
"Yes Adam. I've served by you for a couple of years now. I fully trust your judgment."

Adam then let go before heading towards his room. Sitting down on a chair and taking off his mask he took out a piece of paper and pencil and began to write.

To Citrine Foxtrot,

I know we have not spoken in quite a while and you wish not to speak to me after I took more drastic measures during my rise through the White Fang but I write to you regarding the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant.
During this writing I confronted him. I told him he brought nothing but pain for the faunus but he told me that you both actually met.

Told me he helped children reunite with their families, murdered a entire gang that kidnapped faunues to work the dust mines in Vacuo and that he was well acquainted witht the faunus that have been forgotten by the rest of Atlas.

Is this true? You don't have to answer but I ask you not as the leader of the Vale branch of the White Fang but as Adam, the young boy who stole fire dust to keep his family warm during the harsh winter months... and got burned for it.

So I ask this one favor of you. Did he really fight and got along with the faunus in the crater? Did he fight for you when no one else did?'

Sincerely from Adam Taurus.

Folding up the letter in half and putting it in a envelope he put it inside the drawer to give it to Ken the next morning. Laying down on his bed he wondered why he still followed Sienna Khan. He was her second and he even dared say more well liked and respected if it was up to him the White Fang could do so much more... but what power was Cinder aiming for? Was the destruction of Beacon truly the endgame? Or was it merely just one step in some major grand plan?

Hector's Luxury Suite...

"You're back. How was your reconnaissance?" Traya asked while meditating in the living room.

"It was unexpected but not unwelcomed." Hector replied before taking a seat at the dinner table.

"How so?" Traya said still in a meditative position.

"You know Adam Taurus?" Hector replied which Traya then slowly turned her head towards Hector and said in a very uncertain tone.

"What did you do?"

"Okay listen before you try and say that I was stupid let me explain." Hector said raising both of his pointer fingers while backing up in his chair.

Traya then got up and said,
"Then it better be a good reason why you didn't kill the faunus hell bent on killing every human on Remnant."

"When I was out to see what problems I could cause Adam got the jump at me." Hector said as he could see her neutral expression slowly turn into a frown.

"Originally I was going to kill him BUT he barely managed to deflect one of my bullets which I took it as a sign that he is VERY skilled, with me so far?"

"..."

"Good so anyway after a few shots and strikes exchanged I then started to 'get into his head' sort to speak. Adam had alot of hate and anger... like Sion, but granted not as much but still alot compared to others." Hector said adding,

"So why not make Adam doubt himself and give Cinder paranoia?"

"Explain to me how letting Adam live will give Cinder paranoia?" Traya said as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I basically want Adam to question his alliance with Cinder. You see Cinder isn't too stupid so when she sees Adam act strangely or when he begins to ask questions a rift will begin to open. And that growing rift will could cause Adam to go against her and create more problems for Cinder making her attack on Beacon not as effective." Hector explained which Traya commented,

"You're taking a huge risk Hector. What makes you so certain that he'll go against Cinder. You said it yourself Cinder and her goons made Adam into their puppet which is no easy feat."

"Don't worry I've got another secret weapon that no one has seen yet. I don't want to use it not out of morale obligation but because I don't want anyone else getting ideas from me." Hector said which Traya replied,

"If this weapon is so dangerous as you say it is then why use it in the first place?"

"It's a last resort weapon. If Adam could deflect one of my bullets then that's one too many. His willingness to fight up close and personal will be his downfall."

A few days later in Atlas...

Citrine Foxtrot was in her inn taking orders. With Hector leaving more than enough Lien to buy the crater Citrine used the money to both fix her inn and donate to the other people who lived in the crater. It was a improvement from several months ago, no one expected a 15 year old bounty hunter to come in one day, kill a entire gang and leave. We'll that was oversimplified but that's the way Citrine's father would put it.

"Order for table 4!" Her dad said as he rang the bell.

"Coming!" Citirine said grabbing the plate of food. She was giving it to a dog faunus who had come from somewhere else. It was sketchy since he was pretty average looking and looked like he could very well afford the hotels in Mantle but she wasn't one to turn down a customer.

"Here you go sir." She said putting the plate of food in front of him. He nodded before saying,

"Could I talk to you for a second. It won't take long." He asked which Citrine said,

"Sure! Is there something you need?" Citrine asked nicely but was watching the man like a hawk. Thanks to Hector she always carried a stun baton hidden in her sleeve just in case.

"I have a letter for you." The stranger said which he then pulled out a envelope and placed it in front of Citrine.

Citrine looked at the letter and turned it over to see a familiar symbol she hasn't seen since... Adam.
Immediately slamming the letter down before whispering

"If Adam is still insistent about me-"

"It's not about recruitment I assure you. I am Ken. Adam sent this to you regarding someone who claims to have good relations with the faunus here in the crater." Ken answered before adding.

"Just read the letter. Whether you wish to send a letter back is up to you."

Citrine then picked up the letter and put it in her pocket before leaving Ken to eat.

Has Citrine was working she couldn't help but think who was Ken was referring too. And what did Adam want to know about this person who claimed to have good relations with the people who lived in the crater. Only after she finished her work would she later find out what the letter entailed.

A few hours later...

Going into her room Citrine turned on the lamp on her desk and took out the letter. She hadn't talked to Adam when he first told her that he was rising quickly through the ranks of the White Fang which at first was great to hear until she saw the news that The White Fang had a new leader... and a new way of thinking.

At first she told herself it was just Atlas racists going at it until she started looking at more neutral standing articles that detailed the White Fang's new operations. When Adam appeared as one of the highest ranking and most wanted she wanted nothing to do with him.
The robberies, murders, bombings and the deaths of innocent people both greatly saddened and angered her.

Taking a deep breath she began to read the letter. At first she was unwilling to read it but upon reading the name The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant she quickly sat up on her chair and began to focus.

Citirine read about Adam's encounter with the crazed bounty hunter and he told Adam that he helped the faunus and had a good relationship with her and the rest of the faunus in the crater. And Adam asked not as the second on command of Sienna but as Adam, the boy she knew before he joined up with the White Fang.

Why did Hector refer Adam to her? What else did Hector say to Adam? From what she heard, Adam had a bad temper and to be around him when he was angry you either had to be someone he respected, admired, his boss or you had to shut up and get out of his way.

Citirine was to a certain point that Adam would definitely try and kill Hector without hesitation but whatever he said made Adam stop and question himself.

This was something completely foreign to him at the end of the letter when Adam asked whether or not The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant was telling the truth she decided to respond with her own letter.

To Adam Taurus,

Yes, the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant did in fact help us. He showed up one day at my inn simply looking for a meal and a place to stay. He was the first person in WEEKS to come in at my inn. He paid me to get supplies for him that other people would've paid me little to nothing but not him.

He defended me when the Mole Rats came I to my inn trying to basically get their way with me. He cut them and kicked them out of my inn and you know what he did? He killed them... all of them.

He made a promise to a little faunus girl that he would find her parents. And after a few days he found more than thirty people who had been kidnapped off the streets. She got to see her mom and dad again after being missing for days.

Even before he left he left a substantial amount of lien to help me fix up my inn. I did not approve his methods like yours but he NEVER laid a single finger on a innocent person. And when he played with the children he never cursed, bragged about his kills or even the money he made.

He would play with them in the snow, making them forget about their troubles and buy them a meal that would last them a day.

So yes Adam. He was here and the difference he made here in the crater, not the way any of us expected but a difference that changed our lives for the better.

Sincerely, Citrine Foxtrot.

Author's Note:
There's Chapter 39! I would've posted yesterday but I was heavily distracted by Battlefront 2.

What do you think of this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 286 21
A boy by the name (Y/N) Stone and his sister Ashley had lost their parents at a difficult time. (Y/N) had just started going to Beacon Academy and ha...
13.5K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
97.8K 1.2K 11
You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in the space time continuum leaves god with n...
23.2K 236 10
(Completed) A cowboy finds himself thrown into a new world, one with powers and monsters unlike any he's seen before. The monsters he meets are more...