Suit and leather

By ChristianaThomas7

Skyler White is used to being mistaken as a guy. With her short hair, her curveless figure and her mode of dr... More

PROLOGUE: BROKEN HEART AND CROOKED SMILES.
CHAPTER ONE: ONE WAY TO KNOW FREDWARD MONTGOMERY.
CHAPTER TWO: BLEACH OR KNIFE.
CHAPTER THREE: WELCOME TO MY NEW OFFICE.
CHAPTER FIVE: ACCIDENT ON SET.
CHAPTER SIX: MEET THE BOYS.
CHAPTER SEVEN: 'HIT ME' SIGN
CHAPTER EIGHT: PEEKING PAST AT A FANCY BALL.
CHAPTER NINE: A BINDING PROMISE AT THE BAR
CHAPTER TEN: A DRUNKEN NIGHT.
CHAPTER ELEVEN: MR OR MS SKYLER?
CHAPTER TWELVE: DARTING GAZE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE RED DEVIL AND HER ENTOURAGE
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: A BLOODY DRINK.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SKIPPING THE BALL TO SAVE THE DISGUISED PRINCESS.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: WARM OR ICED WATER?
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : A SHADE OF PINK
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: BIRTHDAY PARTY.
CHAPTER NINETEEN: 'JUST ONE KISS'.
CHAPTER TWENTY: STEAK 2.0 AND PIZZA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: FEELINGS OF THE FEMALE COUNTERPART.
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: TWO DOWN. CUPID ACCOMPLISHED.
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: A FIGHT AND A KISS TO REMEMBER.
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: AN APOLOGY

CHAPTER FOUR: A BITCH'S HIT TO THE FACE.

1.5K 81 4
By ChristianaThomas7

Working with Mr Fredward these past few weeks has been...not great but good. I immediately came to discover that Mr Montgomery is a very busy man and by extension, I am a very busy assistant. It didn't help that I have to finish my final year project before my defense.

I would love to say that it was good because of the amount of celebrities I have met but the truth is that most of them are assholes and jerks faces. At least I got to meet famous writers but turns out they are fucking egoistical maniacs who think they are freaking gods even my role model is not exempted from the group of jerk facery.

But I've got to learn a lot from working here. The cons had it's pros sides to it. The entertainment industry was this way in reality whether I liked it or not. Ones talent could only take them so far but ones network would make them go further and since I'm working for the greatest network there is... I have to put in my effort so he'll see that I'm a hard worker and a good writer...I guess the fact that he thinks I'm a man is not a great start but potato pohtato, is what I say.

One of the cons of working in this industry was what was happening to me and yes, it's isn't good for my sanity in the long run. A very famous American Greek direction, Angus Pertarski and the well known writer Mariam and their other minions were holding an audition for the main cast of the new could possibly be an hit movie and my devilishly handsome boss decided to let me join them.

It's one thing to watch famous actresses audition, it's another thing to watch them compete. Don't let the glamour of hollywood fool you, there are cat fights behind the cameras. So much cat fight and fist fights because that was what my jaw was indicating right at this moment from the way it was throbbing sending it's twin, the wave of aches, to my head and banging on my skull and pressing on my brain.

"I should have moved away on time." I groaned to no one but myself as I squeezed my eyes shut trying to lessen the pressure in my skull.

What gave that bitch the right to hide behind me during a cat fight. Because she thinks I'm a man. Haaa!...I huffed mentally. Even men didn't deserve to be used as an human shield during a cat fight. Meaning to say that the executive crew of the upcoming blockbuster movie weren't able to pick their choice today.

I let out a huge sigh as I slipped into my soft leather office chair. I should probably go and report to Mr Montgomery first of the interesting outcome of the audition but my brain kept disagreeing with me and I can't go in there looking like this. Like I've just had a  meeting with a hurricane of cats.

I just need to close my eyes for two minutes. Just for two minutes not more, it'll help reduce my headache and the throbbing pain in my face.

*****
My eyes blinked open slightly and a small yawn escaped my lips. I was still in my office, resting in my very comfortable office leather chair. It has great lumber support and it's setting was as perfect as I wanted it to be. I moved my jaw to feel that the pain had subsidized and I moved my head a little and it didn't feel like a hammer was banging against my skull but when I moved my head again, the sight in front of me sent waves of aches through my whole body.

There are two seats in front of me desk and currently occupying one of them was none other than my boss who was scrolling through his phone. I immediately sat upright and it seemed the movement called his attention to me.

"Ah, Mr White. I see you are finally awake." He put his phone in the inner pocket of his dark blue suit blazer and turned his full attention to me. His mouth was smiling but his eyes was a different case.

Shit. I don't think I slept for two minutes.

"I-i-i—" Why do the words suddenly decide at this moment to abandon me to my own doom. Instead of making a fool of myself and talking, I stood up from my chair and kept my hand politely in front of me.

"Imagine my surprise when I called my assistant for hours and didn't get a response."

I took my phone out from the pocket of my leather jacket and I knew I was dead. Fourteen missed calls. Double shit. I know i said this job isn't great but that doesn't mean I want to lose it.

"Then I was informed that you've already arrived in the building and have not left. I came here just to see that you were sleeping." He seemed to pause for effect. "During work hours."

I knew it.

"I'm sorry sir." I bowed my head looking down at my combat boots that was on my feet and my fingers started picking at the black nail polish against my thumb.

"I don't know what gave you the wrong impression that you can slack on your job. I'll admit, I gave you this opportunity to come to work for me because I recognized you as the one who helped my family during a dark event but don't take that as a leverage to act the way you see fit."

He was mad, wasn't he? I couldn't even respond. I could only stare at my boots, pick at my nails and chew on my now red lips.

"I'm aware this isn't where you planned on doing your internship, Mr White. But where you plan on doing your internship is also under my control and if this is the same work attitude then don't think about joining Saturn." After his angry monologue he stood up and walked out of my office which at the very moment seemed too small and suffocating.

I should have told him that the I had to take a rest because I took a freaking hit to my jaw and I was involved in a celebrity cat fight but with what he just spilt out I doubt that he'll be willing to hear me out. I'll just have to make it up to him so other way. And hopefully not get fired.

I looked down at my phone to see the time, and a pained groan escaped my lips when I saw the time. I've slept for more than two hours! Triple shit!
My headache was back and throbbed down to my spine. It was suffocating me and I felt unable to even breathe.

It was already past lunch so I spent my time completing the work that I already had on ground to do before proceeding to the Boss's office. I knocked and opened the door after hearing a small grunt behind it. I placed the hard covered file on his table.

"I'm done with this." Gahh, my voice sounded so small.
Before he could say anything a knock sounded on his door and I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't want him to have any chance of firing me.

The door opened and an head came in first. It was Angus Pertarski.

"Hey what's up Freddy." He said cheerfully with his trademark bewitching charming smile on his face that earned him reputation among women. He walked into the office closing the door behind him then he received a glare in return from Mr Montgomery. Apparently he doesn't like it when his friend addresses him informally in the office.

Yep! There's a stick up his ass.

Mr Angus' eyes went to me. And he shurgged his shoulders still with a carefree attitude silently communicating with me that he couldn't care less.
"Don't be so stiff. I didn't notice he was in here alright." He took a seat comfortably on one of the comfortable leather chairs in front of Mr Montgomery's huge desk.

"Oh! Sky!" He turned to me. Mr Angus had insisted on calling me Sky and he wanted me to call him Angus but I'm not really sure how stiff Mr Montgomery here is going to take that.

"Hello Mr Angus." I settled for that.

"I told you to call me Angus. No need for the formalities." He waved his hand dismissively. Angus was a cheerful man, he can be termed to be classically handsome. With his blonde hair, ocean blue eyes and overly charming personality.

"Oh that reminds me. How's your face." He said with a concern look on his face as his eyes scanned my face. "That was a pretty hard hit you took back there. I was scared you might have a concussion."

"Hah, it's fine." I said in a dismissive tone, my hand going up to my face subconsciously.

"Are you sure? It might leave a pretty nasty migraine and ache behind  though. It seems I've underestimated you man. You're pretty tough." He gave me a look of respect, the same guys gave to each other. That shouldn't have pleased me but it did. I earned the respect of one of the most renowned director in the industry. Even if it's by because of withstanding a bitch blow. Respect is respect, right?

"What happened?" Mr Montgomery interrupted, looking between I and Mr Angus confused.

"Oh nothing special. Same old cat fight but I didn't know it'll go out of hand. Things were thrown, including punches and damn did she hit hard. Who would have known? Right? I took one to the shoulder and I'll admit, I can still feel it. It's like I popped something. I'll go to the hospital after this and maybe a gym." Mr Angus rambled on. "Can't accept that a screeching chick was able to throw a punch like that." He shook his head in disdain.

"You got hit?" Mr Montgomery asked looking at me now, his voice some now soft and remorseful.

"Oh. It's nothing, just a slight ache." I lied.

"Slight ache? That hit was enough to break a man's jaw. Your stature is deceiving. You are a tough guy, aren't you?" Before I could answer, a growl came Mr Montgomery.

"That was your audition Angus, how could you let things get out of hand?" His voice shook in anger. Angus looked like a child who was about to be scolded. He immediately raised his hands up in surrender.

"I tried to help. There was little I could do and I took a pretty nasty hit to my shoulder. I had to run for my life man." He said defensively, before releasing a resigned smiled. "I should have not let it get out of hand but it isn't my fault that Hannah decided to use Sky as a shield. And besides, I offered to take him to the hospital but he refused saying that he was fine and a little rest will fix it."

Mr Montgomery sighed before turning his attention to me but he really didn't say anything.
I eventually left them alone to their discussion before returning to my office to work.

*****

After Mr Angus left, Mr Montgomery called for me and I immediately went to his office. I can't afford any more strokes of bad luck.

"Why didn't you tell me about what happened?" He asked with his perfectly shaped brows furrowed.

"It's not like you were exactly willing to listen to what I had to say." I said before I could stop my big mouth. Shit. Why exactly do I have to talk.

Mr Montgomery didn't seem offended though and he just sighed. "Do you need to see a doctor?"

"No it's fine. I can barely feel anything now." I lied. More like I can barely  feel my face. "I'm sure it'll be better after a couple hours of rest."

"Fine." He said reluctantly.

"Wellll..." I drawled. He raised a brow looking at me in question. "This can be considered as a work place injury, right?" I asked.

His eyes sparkled in amusement and  his lips tilted slightly in a small smile.

"If I remember correctly Mr White, you said it's not a big deal and that you were fine." If I was hearing correctly, his voice sounded teasing but it could be that I was suffering from a concussion, we can't really say.

I really did put my foot in my mouth didn't I. Why didn't I consider the benefits in the first place, to hell with modesty and all it's unrewarding rewards.

"I didn't want Mr Angus to feel bad about it but—" I raised my hand to my jaw and squeezed my face into a pained expression. "—Sir, it really does hurt. My head and jaw throbs and it feels like there is an hammer banging against my forehead." Although the description was accurate, my pained voice and moan was an exaggeration.

"Is it now Mr White?" And I nodded my head in response and closed my eyes in feigned pain. "Then you have to go to the hospital. I'll have my driver send you."

My eyes snapped open and I immediately removed my hand away from my aching jaw. It's not like I was scared to go to hospitals because of the fact that doctors and nurses creep me out in different ways, but going to the hospital feels like such a big bother.

"Nevermind. I can go myself Mr Montgomery."

"I'm really worried about your wellbeing, Mr White." Okay now I'm sure that he's teasing me. Suddenly his face turned serious.
"Are you really okay Mr White?" His eyes showed deep concern.

"Yes Sir. I am." I was suddenly greatful for that.

"You can take tomorrow off to rest and you'll be compensated. You know to pay for the medical bills and all?" A small smile marred his lips.

"Of course sir. Thank you."

A hit to the face wasn't bad after all, was it? My question was answered by the ache that shook me to the core.

Shit. At least I get something out of it. Haha. Suck it universe.

*********

Hey guys (^^)
Here is another chapter for you. Enjoy, I know I'm not (。ŏ﹏ŏ)
I'm currently drowning in preparations for exams (*・~・*) and I don't feel better about the fact that I'm not even halfway through my course outline for the semester yet•́  ‿ ,•̀( ;∀;)ʕ´• ᴥ•̥'ʔ

Until the next chapter, my dears.

Don't forget to follow, vote and like

Follow me on instagram on
Christiana_the _coffee_author.
The profile picture is very obvious¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
14.2K 375 58
A young mafia boss disguised as a professor to hide his true identity falls in love with a strong headed female student. He's torn between business...
103K 3.7K 56
Helen Druman a simple girl with simple dreams,strong willed, hardworking and a fiery personality owns a small restaurant in one of the busiest place...
769K 50.7K 98
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...