Black Blood

By Darkyph

Celeste's life is far from the enchanting fairy tale one might expect from a princess. Her father, a ruthless... More

Black Blood
Map
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Extra: The four night riders
Book 1 Feedback page
Book 2: Black Witch
-B2- Prologue
-B2- Chapter 1
-B2- Chapter 2
-B2- Chapter 3
-B2- Chapter 4
-B2- Chapter 5
-B2- Chapter 6
-B2- Chapter 7
-B2- Chapter 8
-B2- Chapter 9
-B2- Chapter 10
-B2- Chapter 11
-B2- Chapter 12
-B2- Chapter 13
-B2- Chapter 14
-B2- Chapter 15
-B2- Chapter 16
-B2- Chapter 17
-B2- Chapter 18
-B2- Chapter 19
-B2- Chapter 20
-B2- Chapter 21
-B2- Chapter 22
-B2- Chapter 23
-B2- Chapter 24
-B2- Chapter 25
-B2- Chapter 26
-B2- Chapter 27
-B2- Chapter 28
-B2- Chapter 29
-B2- Chapter 30
-B2- Chapter 31
-B2- Chapter 32
-B2- Chapter 33
-B2- Chapter 34
-B2- Chapter 35
-B2- Chapter 36
-B2- Chapter 37
-B2- Chapter 38
-B2- Chapter 39
-B2- Chapter 40
-B2- Chapter 41
-B2- Chapter 42
-B2- Chapter 43
-B2- Chapter 44
-B2- Chapter 45
-B2- Chapter 46
-B2- Chapter 47
-B2- Chapter 48
-B2- Chapter 49
-B2- Chapter 50
-B2- Chapter 51
-B2- Chapter 52
-B2- Chapter 53
-B2- Chapter 54
-B2- Chapter 55
-B2- Chapter 56
-B2- Chapter 57
-B2- Chapter 58
-B2- Chapter 59
-B2- Chapter 61
-B2- Chapter 62
-B2- Chapter 63
-B2- Chapter 64
-B2- Chapter 65
-B2- Chapter 66
-B2- Chapter 67
-B2- Chapter 68
-B2- Chapter 69
-B2- Chapter 70
-B2- Chapter 71
-B2- Chapter 72
-B2- Chapter 73
-B2- Chapter 74
-B2- Chapter 75
-B2- Chapter 76
-B2- Chapter 77
-B2- Chapter 78
-B2- Chapter 79
-B2- Chapter 80
-B2- Chapter 81
-B2- Chapter 82
-B2- Chapter 83
-B2- Chapter 84

-B2- Chapter 60

47 6 1
By Darkyph

'And now I have to stir?'

'No, to twist.'

'How?'

'With the spatula.'

'Which spatula?'

As I suppress a laugh, I look at Novak next to me at the table, listening to Alisha who is doing her best to teach Elien how to cook an egg.

'This,' she says as she hands the thing to Elien.

'And now?'

'Now make sure you get the flat side underneath, then twist it in a quick motion and make sure the yellow part stays intact.'

'Which yellow part?'

'Just the yellow.'

'Alisha, I can't see any color!' That is the moment Novak and I burst into laughter at the same time. My head falls into my arms on the wooden table, on top of the cards and documents we were looking at. Novak's hand squeezes my leg as he makes no effort to hold back his laughter.

'Oh shit, sorry, let me show you,' she continues, completely ignoring me and Novak.

Once my laughter subsides, I turn back to the papers in front of us. The map is filled with red dots, lines, and names. The list of one hundred is next to it, also full of red lines that have crossed out the 89 names or replaced them.

Micca is on the list instead of a magician, in the hope that it's enough magic.

'Actually, all the names lead in a line to the Blood Mountain,' Novak points out, pointing along the road through Runcast and the nymphs to the place where it all began.

'There's a nymph on it, right?' Alisha asks from the stove where Elien is still struggling.

'Yes, Narvi Monte,' is my answer as I take the list, even though I know the names by heart.

'Aren't nymphs sort of holy?' Elien asks, looking at the pan.

'We know very little about the nymphs. No one comes through Yin and Yang and the curse that has befallen them. Additionally, they do not come out of their territory themselves,' Novak explains as he brings the map closer to him.

'What curse?' Elien continues as he tries to scrape the egg off the pan.

'When the nymphs caught Yin and Yang, they made a deal with the gods. In order to receive enough magic to catch the two spirits, they gave away a part of their soul. From what we know, they cannot stand the sun, cannot have possessions, and things like anger, jealousy, and greed are forbidden,' Novak tells.

'But that doesn't make them holy, does it? Rather cursed.' Elien has managed to get the egg off in all sorts of pieces and thrown it on a plate.

'Because they made that deal, they are seen as the closest thing we have to the gods. We don't know exactly what kind of magic they have because no one can see it. It's a kind of legend,' Novak finishes his story before Elien nods and takes a bite of his burnt egg. Immediately, he spits the hard, charred thing back onto the plate.

'This is inedible,' he grumbles before throwing the plate back on the counter and sighing as he plops down on a chair next to me.

'So we're going to the nymphs, through Runcast, and then on to the Blood Mountain?' I nod approvingly, suddenly realizing that this will all come to an end. To all the murders, the travel, and the death.

It's not just me who seems to realize it, Novak and Alisha are also silent until Alisha asks the question that has been burning on everyone's lips.

'What happens next?' I sigh deeply and shrug.

'No idea.' Novak leans further back in his chair, and Elien is also silent.

'Are you going to take the crown after father's death?' Elien asks softly. I immediately shake my head.

'Absolutely not. I will never set foot in that hell again,' is my answer that I have thought about often enough.

I don't want the crown, even though I would be entitled to it after father and Christiaan's death. The burden, the problems, and the responsibility are no longer something I want in my life.

'Who will get it then?' Elien asks again.

'Automatically, the crown passes on to the heir, but in the absence of one, it is transferred to the head of the Dawn.'

'That means we're going to have exactly the same problem again,' Novak notes.

'No one would choose him.' Now it's everyone's turn to look at Elien in surprise.

'They want to remove him, they talked about it in the castle. The right hand of Christiaan was going to be appointed because he would tackle it. He always does everything that most people want.' It doesn't surprise me.

'It's a good idea. Diana is controllable from the outside. She's terrified of her reputation and that something will happen to her daughter. Her husband is the head of the Dawn, so it's not a crazy step to take,' I try to explain my idea, but no one is immediately convinced.

'Then we might as well not appoint anyone, because it's going to go to the head of the Dawn anyway,' Novak points out.

'No, no one would choose him.' Now everyone is surprised, looking at Elien.

'They want to impeach him, they talked about it in the castle. The right hand of Christiaan was going to be appointed because he would tackle it. He always does everything that most people want,' he explains.

'It's a good idea. Diana is controllable and afraid. Her daughter is her weak point, so she won't make any crazy moves, and her husband is too afraid to think for himself. This way you have control,' Alisha observes, which we all agree with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.2K 18
She is the Princess, and he's her guard. A lust that's forbidden. - Princess Celeste Lawerence is a snotty, rebellious, and vain temptress. At least...
3.9K 78 26
Celeste Constantine is no normal girl, not even in modern day standards. It's 2020 and Celeste lives in a small apartment, with her cat Smile and her...
12.7K 1.9K 46
Niccola is a demi-queen undercover in enemy territory. Her little sister went missing seven moons ago, but one lead remains: a picture of a woman's f...