A Hidden World (Hogwarts X Re...

By WriterLopez

Book 1 [Philosophers Stone] So you see, I've noticed that there are barely any "X Reader" stories when it com... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (+Time Table)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24 (UNFINISHED UNEDITED)
SORRY
Snow day (EXTRA CHAPTER UNEDITED UN CHECKED)
Chapter 1(Not used)(UNFINISHED UNCHECKED UNEDITED)
Chapter 19 (Not used)(UNCHECKED UNEDITED) (UNFINISHED I THINK-)
-------X-------
The father
book titles and basic outline

Chapter 23

14 2 0
By WriterLopez

I was wrong.

Things didn't improve for the Gryffindors as the Potions lesson continued.

Snape put us all into pairs and set us to mix up a simple potion to cure boils.

He swept around in his long black cloak, watching us weigh dried nettles and crush snake fangs, criticising almost everyone except Malfoy, whom he seemed to like.

I'd been lucky to be paired with Malfoy.

Which meant that things I did were seen in a good light or completely ignored. Snape even complemented me on my crushed snake fangs.

He was just telling everyone to look at the perfect way Malfoy had stewed our horned slugs when clouds of acid green smoke and a loud hissing filled the dungeon.

Neville had somehow managed to melt the kid next to him's cauldron into a twisted blob, and their potion was seeping across the stone floor, burning holes in people's shoes.

Within seconds, the whole class was standing on their stools while Neville, who had been drenched in the potion when the cauldron collapsed, moaned in pain as angry red boils sprang up all over his arms and legs.

"Idiot boy!" snarled Snape, clearing the spilled potion away with one wave of his wand.

"I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?" Neville whimpered as boils started to pop up all over his nose.

"Take him up to the hospital wing," Snape spat at the kid who cauldron was just magic-Ed away to god knows where.

Then herounded on Harry and Ron, who had been working next to Neville.

"You...Potter...why didn't you tell him not to add the quills? Thought he'd make you look good if he got it wrong, did you? That's another point you've lost for Gryffindor."

This was so unfair that Harry opened his mouth to argue, but Ron kicked him behind their cauldron.

"Don't push it," he muttered, "I've heard Snape can turn very nasty."

Honestly it was a miracle Snape hadn't heard that seeing, as I could hear it from across the room. Though it seemed I had been giving the boys alot more attention that the rest of the class since even Malfoy the kid who always watched them for a single flaw to report hadn't heard it.

After class the "Slytherin Squad", as we'd been termed after the past week of constantly roaming the castle in a herd, began walking up the stairs to the grat hall. I lagged in the back mostly because I'd mostly began to feel outcast by them.

Over the past week I'd relayed my "Family lineage" so many times it had begun to feel like the truth. All of them seemed to always talk about the wizarding world and the newest cloak or the best brooms.

I played along and at first it was fun talking and learning about the wizarding world but by now it had grown stale. I missed being able to talk about the most stupid things with May.

Like how if people were animals which animal would a person in specific be? Before I could just talk about it believing it was just a joke but now if I were to ask someone this they would answer it with wizarding magic rules and how it would depend of the flick of the wand or maybe the incantation or perhaps the person's inner animal.

It was dissapointing.

I'd been walking so slow it had come to the point that I could barely hear the conversation that the group held.

I was doing the thing where I just sorta stared at every roof and chip and payed attention to every little detail while ignoring the rest of my surroundings.

I snapped my attention away from the stone walls and roof of the dungeons and back to my surroundings.

I watched the "Squad" walk up the stairs out of the dungeon to head to the great hall and I follow.

As I sat with the group I engaged in the usual small talk.

The thing about the Slytherins was that none of us had complete trust in one another. (Except maybe the older years...)

The point was that all our conversations were filled with half truths and our tones guised to be almost as sweet as honey as we all collectively danced around the truths of our lives.

Some did this less than others and some never stopped doing it.

So really small talk was the most truth-filled conversations held between the Slytherins.

Lies about the weather hardly ever lasted and its uses tend to be too little to bother with.

When all anyone does is lie the conversation grows dull and predictable.

I was talking animatedly almost on autopilot and nothing I said registered in my head whereas the others' words practically bounced right back at them.

I had just begun responding to Malfoy about how his cup of tea was not spoiled and was simply this sweet because he just added 5 lumps of sugar. (Author: I'm not a tea drinker- Please tell me if this is too much sugar or too little-)

But just as I began speaking Nott appears from wherever he had been but I'd assume it was the Hufflepuff table as that was the direction he came from.

He was huffing from his small run as he began, "Have- Have any of you read the Daily Prophet???"

The group of us raise our brows but just before someone has the chance to reply Nott pushed a bowl of mashed potatoes away from the centre of the group and pushed the paper on its place.

He squeezed in between Millicent and Malfoy as he pointed at the big bold writing. It read:

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 22nd August,widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown.

Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken.

The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day.

"But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokes goblin this afternoon.

I read it over again. I distantly remembered Ron telling me and Harry on the train that someone had tried to rob Gringotts, but Ron hadn't mentioned the date.

I think back to the day... McGonagall's strange behaviour along with Hagrid...

Did they know about the robbery?...Did they have a part in it?

My thoughts were spiralling but just as I was about to ask myself more questions I was interrupted by Pansy looking at Nott in mocking concern as she sniggered to herself.

She smiled at him the same look of mocking concern becoming much more obvious, "Aww, poor Nott. So unaware of his surroundings... This bit of news is at least 2 weeks too stale to still be talking about... Maybe you should stop hanging out with every girl who's willing to talk to you because let's face it, they're stupidity, clearly displayed by the choice to hang out with you, is clearly rubbing off on you."

I roll my eyes at the insult and decide to simply watch the two bicker.

I don't know how they know each other. But I am aware of the fact that their past friendships ended when Nott became a huge flirt of sorts.

He distanced himself from our house and hung out with every girl who would let him talk to them.

She despises him for it and so their interactions these day tend to end up being petty bickering.

It was pretty funny when you knew that she herself used to hang out with Nott almost 24/7 (Daphne's words not mine.)

A few minutes into the bickering and my mind had already gone back to its spiralling.

I pick up the paper and hold it up as I looked through its contents in mild interest.

I feel someone's eyes peering at me and look up only to see Malfoy looking at me with raised brows and I lock eyes with him.

Almost as though we shared a brain cell in the moment it clicked in my head.

He'd been at Diagon alley too.

The same day...

Alone....

His parents had left him alone, they clearly shared views with "He who shall not be named..." Hating lower blood types....

Could they have-

"We were at Diagon alley on that day.", began Malfoy, "We could have been standing in the same room as the supposed dark wizard..."

I nodded my head feeling slightly wrong footed.

"Did you see anyone acting or looking strange?" I say not looking at him.

I'd just been thinking about how his parents could have been the one's attempting the robbery.

He responded simply with a sigh, "My best bet would be Harry and Hagrid. But both of them have Dumbledore's trust so it would practically be impossible to prove our point if they are responsible for it."

I nod. They had both seemed off.

I returned to my thoughts as I stared across the hall to a certain pair of black and red haired kids sitting across the room.

I really had to begin figuring out what happened. If not to keep people safe or to fulfil my curiosity then for my sanity.

Author's Note:
So? Thoughts? I really have no idea where I'm going with this. I only have an over all arc so really things like you suspecting McGonagall and Hagrid or Malfoy sharing your opinions are all improvised. Anyways hope you enjoyed :)

Word count: 1612

~Author<333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 257 12
When Sullivan decides to buy Iruma to become his grandson, he did not expect a granddaughter to also make an appearance. Well, he expected it, but w...
191K 5.9K 48
โ๐’๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ž?โž โ ๐€๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซโž โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ เณ„เพ€เฟ หŠหŽ- โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ '๐ฌ ๐›...
38.3K 1.1K 26
"They hate each other," "No, they don't. Not really," Luka is a teenage boy who is really calm and patient, yet still has normal human-being anger de...
404K 7.7K 13
(Name) is a normal girl. That is what everyone thinks. It is a secret. Until Hiccup finds out. Short chapters!!! All rights deserved (C) Animation_Mi...