Ven Degrad: The Prophecy

By 18yearoldwriter

Abandoned at an orphanage by his mother, Ven lives a muggle life, knowing nothing of his blood. However, a th... More

Authors Words
What the characters look like:
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: The Orphanage
Chapter 3: Lies Unraveled?
Chapter 4: Inside a Coffin of Lies
Chapter 5: Diagonally
Chapter 6: Platform 9 & 3/4
Chapter 7: The Sorting Hat
Chapter 8: Got Riddles?
Chapter 9: Are you Crazy?!
Chapter 10: McGonagall catches on
Chapter 12: Saving Hazel

Chapter 11: McGonagall Catches On Part 2

1 0 0
By 18yearoldwriter

McGonagall watched Mr. Degrad walk out of the room. She could tell he was angry. It was quite hard to watch Ven so upset. McGonagall wondered what was going on.

"If only Dumbledore was here," McGonagall thought.

Quickly McGonagall grabbed many slips of paper and wrote letters to people who she knew could help. Telling them to visit her in a couple of weeks time. She folded the slips of paper, put them in an envelope and gave it to an owl in her office. Her cat badgered the owl often; so she kept in a large cage and used it frequently to send messages.

A couple weeks passed and McGonagall didn't have much time; dinner would soon be served. She promptly walked to the banquet hall and took her seat next to all the other teachers.

"I'm sorry I'm late," McGonagall said with a cheery smile, "I just had some unfinished business to take care of."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. McGonagall sat in the middle of the long table next to Professor Longbottom.

"We can allow the students to come in," McGonagall said and with the flick of her wand the doors opened.

The students came in small groups and filled the seats. She got up to the stand, just like every night, and announced things happening at the school. Nothing truly interesting.

Once the announcements were done, McGonagall magically made the food appear. The hall burst with excitement, laughter and joy. Then McGonagall sat down and waited for the other teachers to converse. Once they were distracted, McGonagall pulled a letter from her pocket and spoke to Professor Longbottom.

"Professor Longbottom," McGonagall said in a hushed voice, "this letter is for you, but I would ask that you open it in your office."

"Thank you Headmistress. I'm glad you could get it to me right away," Professor Longbottom said.

"Yes, of course."

McGonagall ate her food in silence for the time being. Conversing in small talk here and there.

Once everyone finish. She walked over to Hargid and gave him a letter as well. Then the perfects took their students off to bed.

The teachers left as well and Professor Longbottom was intrigued by McGonagall secrecy. Why would she give him a letter from her and tell him to open it in his office. It was all quite strange.

Neville got to his office and opened the letter. He could definitely tell the letter was in McGonagall's writing. It read:

Members of the Order of the Phoenix,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. It has come to my attention that I must reach out to you with a heavy heart, for I fear that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry might be in danger. Recent events have compelled me to share my concerns.

In light of these circumstances, I implore the Order of the Phoenix to reconvene and assess the situation. I understand that many of you have moved on with your lives, rebuilt what was lost, and found solace in the hard-fought peace we have enjoyed for years.

So I ask that we all meet secretly, in my headmistress's office at Hogwarts, before the sun sets. My fireplace is open if need be, to travel by floo powder.

I await your arrival,

Professor Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Neville was curious indeed. What could be worse then when Voldemort walked the earth? Or the Battle of Hogwarts? Or destroying Voldemort's horcruxes?

Neville wondered what he could've missed. Everything at Hogwarts seemed normal; the rest of the magical world too. Everything was quiet. Was it too quiet?

Neville stayed up for sometime and pondered the situation. Neville's eyes started to droop and closed, but he wouldn't give up.

The next day Neville taught all his classes and the end of the day came near. Neville then went to his quarters, to grade papers.

It wasn't until the sun went down,  through his windows, that Neville realized he was going to be late. Neville got up, grabbed his wand, made sure he looked presentable and walked to Minvera's office.

Neville made his way to the Entrance Hall and started walking upstairs.

"Neville!" A familiar voice said, in a suppressed shout.

Neville turned around to see Ron and Hermione Weasley. A big smile spread across his face. They all walked toward each other and met halfway on the steps.

"You guys got letters then," Neville said quietly,

What a stupid question to ask he thought.

"Yes, we did..." Hermione said in a whisper.

"She's miffed that she can't figure out what is going on," Ron said, becoming shy when Hermione shot him an annoyed look.

"I don't know what this is about either," Neville said.

"Well how have you been Neville?" Hermione said, "We haven't seen you since the battle of Hogwarts."

"Has it been that long?" Neville said shocked.

"Yes it has," Hermione said.

"I guess I've been so busy with teaching that I've forgotten about my social life," Neville said.

"Well it's alright. Fate united us again," Ron said positively.

"Yes, we'll we should be going," Neville suggested.

"Yes of course," Hermione said motioning Ron to walk with them, he had spaced out for a second.

The three friends walked quickly to McGonagall's office. They never missed a turn, for they knew the location well.

Neville opened the door and met eyes with McGonagall, Hagrid, Luna, Harry, Ginny, Dedalus Diggle, Aberforth Dumbledore, Sturgis Podmore, Fleur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Hestia Jones, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Arthur Weasley and Molly Weasley.

Harry and Ginny were talking to Dedalus Diggle and Hestia Jones. Luna and Aberforth seemed deep in conversation. The rest of the Weasleys were hanging out with Kingsley.

Neville didn't think many people would show. Especially Kingsley, who is the Minister of Magic.

Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Harry greeted each other at the door.

"It's great to see you all again," Hermione said.

"Everything's been so busy for all of us!" Ginny said.

"Neville, it's been too long," Harry said, the two shook hands.

"Yes we all should get together sometime," Ginny said.

"What a wonderful-"

"Thank you all for coming," McGonagall said, "Please have a seat."

Everyone went to sit down and greeted each other silently.

"I have asked you to come I see a problem arising at Hogwarts," McGonagall said.

"There is a student here at Hogwarts who had a mix up with his wand," McGonagall continued on, "While preforming a spell, a flash of green light exploded from the tip of his wand. The students in the class were okay, but his owl died tragically."

"So he's abusing owls!?" Harry was horrified.

"He was orphaned as a young child and I believed it would be best to bring him here, but he may be related to a dark and powerful wizard."

"Does he know that Minerva?" Hermione asked.

"How could we even prove such a thing?" Kingsley wondered.

"There's no way of telling that he'd actually turn out to be evil?" Molly chimed in.

"What about Albus and Scorpius, they're his friends?" Neville said.

"Then they already know," Ginny said.

"What?" Harry said, looking at Ginny.

"I got a letter from Albus a couple of days ago. He said that he needed a snake for a project at school and he needed to study it," Ginny explained, "I forgot to give it to you and I never really thought anything of it until now."

"Then they must be trying to prove it as well," Arthur said.

"But why on earth would they?" Molly said.

"I don't know," McGonagall said, "but I do know that we all want the same thing."

"What do you suggest Minerva?" Dedalus Diggle asked.

"We give them the snake and we watch from afar to see if he does it. We pretend like we don't know anything."

"When we actually do," Bill says.

"I like this plan," Dedalus said.

"I'll watch from afar," Neville said, a moment after.

"Neville are you sure?" McGonagall asked.

"Yes," Neville said confidently.

Everyone's attention turned towards the door because they heard a loud urgent knock. McGonagall motioned everyone silently to the back of her office.

"Just a moment," McGonagall said, as she walked slowly to the door.

As the order was hidden, McGonagall finally opened the door. Which revealed Sybill Trelawney.

"I-I am s-sorry to disturb you Minerva, but I believe there is a werewolf next to the library."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 105 23
- Scorpius has been shunned during most of his life... he's unsure of what his future will hold. But there's one thing that he's absolutely sure abou...
1.2K 111 30
This is my own version of the next generation's first year at Hogwarts. I wrote the majority of this story long before The Cursed Child came out, so...
322 107 5
In a world draped in magic and enigma, Albus Potter has always been a paradoxical figure-much like a black sheep in a coat of purest white. While nav...
8.7K 212 25
Selcouth (Adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvellous ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Y/n Thompson, a strange girl, she was...