Not another song about love

By XycieMae16

Galene had sworn that Drystan was her greatest enemy. The two of them would never get along, atleast that's w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 5

6 0 0
By XycieMae16

Drystan let out a sigh as he tried to calm his nerves, today was the day. It was the battle of the bands. After losing to their seniors before, they had vowed to win this year.

"Guys, we're second to the last"

All gazes flew towards Galene who just entered backstage. She was wearing a black shirt that had the word Manager at the back. She was also smiling widely at them while the boys just dropped their jaws.

"Wait you sure you got that spot?"

Galene showed them the card she was holding. Drystan stared at it before staring back at Galene's proud and smiling face.

Before the competition starts the managers or representatives of each band draw a random card that states in what order would they go. The best number would always be the second to the last or preferably the last act, as this would make the judges remember them the last.

"Wow I guess you're our lucky charm huh"

Koa happily says before putting an arm around Galene's shoulders which Drystan finds annoying. Galene's words on how Koa was almost similar to her type were ringing at the back of his mind.

"Told you I'm lucky"

Drystan knew nothing good would come out from him being too emotional. He needed to get his emotions under control. He already knew what he was feeling for Galene and he certainly could not let that get the best of him.

But still, he was overflowing with so much irritation whenever he sees Koa nonchalantly touch Galene.

"Just remember to play your best, we'll be in the crowd if you need us"

"Why are you doing the pep talk"

Drystan grumbled to which Galene raised an eyebrow. Galene saw how annoyed Drystan had been since earlier, but she knew better than to push his buttons today. So instead of starting an argument again she gently tapped Drystan's shoulders to which the latter flinched.

"I'll let you off the hook now because you need to sing later"

She waved at them and disappeared leaving a stunned Drystan and a laughing Koa and Kenzo. Drystan could feel his face heating from the embarrassment. He cleared his throat and rubbed his ears, a habit he rarely does as he rarely gets embarrassed. He can't believe he let himself get emotional making it look like Galene was the rational one.

Their attention then quickly shifted to the first band to play. All their nerves started to get to them again as they watched how the bands before them played.

"You guys I'm starting to feel all nervous"

"Yeah me too"

Koa and Kenzo simultaneously said while Malkiel and Drystan just stared silently at the band playing.

"What? You guys chickening right now?"

The four of them turned around to see Quincey, Galene, and Serenity staring at how ridiculous they looked. Drystan quickly noticed the bottle they were carrying.

"Quincey, can't you just pop up like a normal person? You're like a mushroom, popping out of nowhere"

"I guess you are nervous, noting how you're more talkative than before. Here"

Quincey gave Kenzo the bottle she was holding which everyone else stared at. Drystan noticed the color of the liquid inside the bottle and made a mental note to be ready to whatever weird thing Kenzo would be saying.

"What's this? Pee?"

Drystan noticed how Quincey annoyingly looked at him.

"Can't you just take it like a normal person? Why do you have to be so weird"

"You're the weird one, what is this anyway"

Drystan shook his head when he noticed how Galene smilingly gave one to Koa and then him. He reluctantly took the bottle from Galene. Galene just stared at him before smilingly said.

"It's Jasmine tea Kenzo, it should help with the nerves. Serenity made it"

"Oh is that it? You should have said so, Quincey. I thought you peed on it"

"Why do you have to be so disgusting"

It was new to see how the ones loudly bickering were Quincey and Kenzo. Drystan stared at the bottle before glancing at Galene. Ever since music camp his gaze would always find her, he could so easily pick her out amongst any crowd. Like he had a notifier on where Galene was.

He let out a sigh before turning the bottle cap when his gaze went to Malkiel who was also staring at him curiously. For the second time today, Drystan's ears turned red as he thought that Malkiel might have seen him staring at Galene.

Galene stole a glance at Drystan whose ears were turning red as he gulped down the tea. She smiled as she made a mental note that there were times when his ears turned red.

Time flew by and before they knew it, they were up next. The guys waved back at the three girls as they exited backstage. They can't help but appreciate their presence as it helps ease their nervousness.

Drystan looked at the four of them and smiled. It was time for their usual huddle-up.

"Alright, this is our revenge story, let's get that championship. There's only one name that they should be saying out loud."

All of them smiled before shouting.

"PHOENIX HARMONY LET'S GO!"

One by one they go out onto the stage and as soon as they do the cheers grow louder.

"Hey, how's it going?"

Drystan stood by the mic and immediately the girl's screams grew louder. He scanned the area and saw that almost everyone was anticipating them. It was then again that he noticed Galene smiling proudly at them.

"We're Phoenix Harmony and this is our song. We hope you enjoy"

At that short introduction, the whole school grew quiet and everyone almost held their breaths as the group started playing their instruments. Like always, Drystan inhaled silently like gathering some strength before singing. He closed his eyes as the song started. But the moment he opened them...

You build me up

You bring me down

But, you're the girl I can't live without

You build me up

You bring me down

But, you're the girl I can't live without

You call it off

You call it on

But, I can't help being around you

Nooo

Every minute of every day

You change your mind in every way

You think I'm selfish

You think I'm great

I just can't help being around you

And I'm not leaving without you, girl

... a different feeling enveloped him as he stare at Galene, the first thing that his eyes set upon on when he opened them.

Baby, it's a long way down

It's a long way out of here

But, I'm willing to believe

That maybe if we fly away now

We can hit the ground again

So we can go another round

We get pissed off

We get along

Sleep on the sofa

Sleep in your arms

You tell me "yes"

You tell me "no"

I just can't help being around you

And I'm not leaving without you, girl

Drystan couldn't understand even though he wrote the lyrics of this song together with Malkiel it felt like it was made for him.

Baby, it's a long way down

It's a long way out of here

But, I'm willing to believe

That maybe if we fly away now

We can hit the ground again

So we can go another round

I know that we argue

I don't want to

But, I'm telling you

That deep down I love you

I think we can make it another round

The words just started pouring out of him. He didn't know where he got it as well, it wasn't even from experience, it just poured all over.

Even now, he couldn't understand how, as he sang this song, his attention was only on Galene smiling and enjoying their performance. He smiled, the thought of Galene enjoying their songs made his heart swell with joy.

"Congratulations guys"

"Who would've thought you had it in you"

"Our lucky charm, come here"

After the awarding to which their efforts had finally paid off. The girls and Miss Emily visited the guys backstage. Koa and Kenzo immediately pulled Galene, Quincey, and Serenity into the group hug. Drystan who was dragged along felt his ears burn again as his skin touched Galene's.

She was too close to him and it made him dizzy just having to feel Galene's skin again. Drystan cleared his throat which made everyone pull out of their group hug.

"Well, one goal achieved right?"

Galene laughed and smiled at them before settling on Drystan who was now just staring at her. Galene tilted her head when she noticed how Drystan was more quiet than he was before.

"Yea well, because you guys won this, you need to practice more because you'll be the final act on the last day of the mid-year festival"

Galene's attention shifted to Miss Emily which Drystan was thankful for. He couldn't cut off the feeling of being so close to Galene.

"With that in mind, Miss Emily do you think we could go around the food booths now?"

Galene asked grinning at their advisor to which the whole group anticipated her answer. Miss Emily only smiled at them and took the trophy from Drystan.

"Go! Get out of here, I'll take this to the meeting room. Just be sure to leave your instruments in the room"

Everyone smiled and cheered, Koa instantly took Drystan's guitar and Malkiel's drumsticks before he and Kenzo ran to their practice room to drop off the instruments.

"Well, let's hit the food stands"

Galene glanced at Serenity and Malkiel, she knew this was the perfect opportunity for the two of them to talk it out. She smiled before putting her arm around Drystan and Quincey's arms and lead them out backstage.

"Hey! Wait!"

"Aghhh Galene let go"

Galene glanced back at the backstage to see if they were far enough before letting the two go. She smilingly stood in front of the fuming Quincey and Drystan whose whole face was now turning red.

"Hmmm Zael did you eat a tomato?"

Drystan felt his face heating more. After music camp, he had several dreams about her and him, some were not suitable for young audiences. He would feel his ears heating up everytime he remembers it. And he felt so embarrass about it everytime Galene was near him.

"Shut up what was that about?"

He loudly asked but Galene just smiled at him.

"Can't believe you're slow with this stuff, Serenity and Malkiel were left there weren't they?"

It was then that he noticed that she was right. He stared at Quincey and Galene talking now. He couldn't believe that Galene was trying to help those two awkward beings.

"Well, where do you want to eat?"

"Not going, you two have fun"

"Eh really?"

Drystan walked away before Galene could even say more. He could still feel his chest pounding loudly. He pondered on the thought of whether this feeling was some simple attraction or more.

He was confused but one thing was for sure. He wanted Galene, that he was well aware of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 14.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
554 4 24
Two teenagers living in different sides of a country at war. .. fate put them together. .. how will they work it out when they are sworn enemies?
576 27 1
"The first time I kissed you, you became the most important thing in my life. I would do absolutely anything for you and I never want you to doubt th...
47 4 4
Friends being separated by the mere issue of parental standards, but years after they meet each other again in reunion with different views on each o...