An Enchanted Innocence

By Kajjju2001

I was broken...I was shattered...I was a prisoner of my dark cell I was living... But then you came... The... More

Author's Note
INTRO
Character Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 41

734 27 1
By Kajjju2001

"Let's go." After having their dinner, Ethan invited her to go somewhere else with him, He said it is surprise as well. So now they are going to their other adventure of love. 

"Wait, let me open the door for you," Skipping his steps, Ethan smoothly opened the passenger seat for her like a gentleman with a smile on his lips.

Slightly raising her fleek brows, Serena said, "thanks..." before she entered his car. She watched Ethan jogged over the other side and from her point of view, Ethan's aura was bright but at the same time, there's something in him that she often noticed but until now, she could not explain what it is. When he entered and settled in the driver's seat, Ethan glanced at her inexpressive front down to the seatbelt. Seeing that she did buckle up this time, he smiled before he inquired.

"Ready for our date?"

"Hmm," Biting her lower lip, Serena hummed with a slight nod that made Ethan smiled even more. He started his car engine and before he could start driving, he laid his hand opened near her side.

"What?" Arching her brows as she moved her gaze to him, she saw him briefly raised his brows as his eyes smiled.

"Let's hold hands." Without a second hesitation, he requested while his fingers slightly waved as if waiting for her to fill the gaps in between his fingers. Seeing that she wasn't moving, he persuaded;

"Love, let's play --" However, before he could finish his sentence, Serena slid her hands onto his. This treat obviously startled him as he didn't expect her to agree without giving her a good reason.

"No problem," She said before a smirk formed on the side of her lips. He looked at her as she smiled on him while her dark brown hair was put on the other side. Just this view made his heart go crazy as his eyes were deceiving him!

'Why does she looked as if she was flirting back? Ugghh! I need my eyes checked!' Unbeknownst to Serena, her date's mind was momentarily in haywire as his heart raced by her sudden 'coquettish' eyes.

He blinked and blinked several times but her expression was still there! Her flirtatious smirked that was tempting him and whenever her lashes slowly fluttered, he just wanted to watch her looking at him like this!

"Hmm? Something wrong?" Slightly tilting her head on the side, Serena's tone wasn't as dry like she normally sounded but it was rather... playful; as if she knew his sudden dilemma.

'Uh... is this what they call seduction?' His mind snapped as this thought hovered on his mind yet, the question was stuck on his throat and was gulped down when he swallowed a mouthful of saliva.

"No, it was nothing, hehe" Instead of speaking his mind, Ethan found an excused as he closed his fingers while their hands were intertwined.

"Sure, its nothing..." Shrugging, Serena whispered her humor but she made it audible enough for him to hear.

'I'm busted! I'm busted!' He panicked inwardly. Fortunately, his riotous feelings caused by her sudden change didn't take much effect on the surface... or at least to others but not to her.

"Let's go. The place where I want to take you is a little far. So, we will have to leave now."

"En."

—  — — — —

It was almost in the night when they reached the place. The whole way, Serena kept on asking for some hints, but he didn't give any. Waiting patiently was her only option.

Ethan said, "Alright, close your eyes now."

"Close?"

"Yes. It's a surprise, remember?"

She helplessly shook her head and closed her eyes.

"Don't try to peek, okay?"

"You!"

He chuckled. Ethan held her hands and started guiding along the way. After five minutes, they stopped, and he said, "Open your eyes."

Serena slowly did. She was stunned.

It was a beautiful view of a vast garden, but which looked more like a mini forest. Skyscraper tall, lush green trees, surrounded the whole area with small bushes in between them. The grass under her feet was soothing cold and soft. It was decorated and lighted with small, lovely colorful candles.

She could hear the cricketing of the grasshoppers and the lovely melody of the birds singing, twittering from tree to tree. The cold, refreshing breeze gently swept past her, slightly ruffling the hem of her skirt. The leaves rustled along with the wind, dancing with it's the tune.

But the fascinating part was the sky. No matter how far she saw, the vast, dark sky was only shimmering in the brightness of the stars. The place was more illuminated by the starlight than those candles. It felt as if the whole galaxy shone upon them to give their blessings for this marriage.

It felt so magical that she thought she has come to fantasy land.

"This is so beautiful..." She couldn't take her eyes off from the starry sky.

"Do you like it?" Ethan asked, taking her to the center of it.

"I love it! I never thought that there is such a wonderful place in the city. When did you..."

"I brought this place yesterday. I knew that today is finally the day that we will emotionally become each other's, so I decided to arrange a special place for us to celebrate the day of our first night together." Her cheeks reddened at the thought of it.

He teasingly whispered. "I see somebody is already shy."

She glared at him, and he only grinned.

"Thank you." She softly said. "I really love this surprise."

"Well, the surprise hasn't ended yet."

"Hm?" She looked at him questioningly.

"Serena..." He held her hands. "You are my wife. We have already married. But there is something else I want to give you that will signify our relationship. The thing that will show the entire world that you are only mine. The proof that you only belong to me."

"What?"

She was already so happy with this place that she thought that she wants nothing more.

His lips held a faint smile, and his eyes twinkled. Ethan slowly took out a small velvet box from his pocket and opened it.

Serena gasped in shock. It was a stunning, custom made necklace. The design was intricate and one of its kind that cannot be ever replicated. She was looking stupefied.

"This..."

"I designed it for you. You deserve the best. I had the necklace with me, but I was waiting for the right time to give you." Her lips were trembling. She seemed to want to say so many things, yet nothing came out.

Ethan continued, "I'm sorry, I know my proposal is really late, after all everything is already done in a hurry. Please forgive me."

"You..." Serena's eyes dazzled in tears of joy. "You are stupid. Why are you apologizing? I know the situation. We were both forced at that time. Why will I be mad?"

"Did you just call me, Ethan, stupid?"

"Yes!"

He nodded. "En. Only you can call me that."

She broke into soft laughter.

Ethan unblinkingly gazed at Serena. "Serena, with this necklace, I promise you that you are and will be the only girl in my heart. I never imagined that life would give me a chance to fall in love. And I can't thank the destiny enough that led us to meet. The past years of my life felt so dark and void to me. I was merely living my life. But you...you taught me how to breathe."

She smiled amidst her falling tears.

"My life is meaningless without you. You are my light, the sunshine of my life. And I promise I won't let anybody snatch your bright smile that makes me smile. I vow that in this and next all lives, I will only ever love you, Serena. I will only be yours." Ethan put the necklace on her neck gently like she is the most precious he has.

Serena went nearer to him as well and dashed into his embrace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 48.9K 52
| 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 | When two powerful figures collide, there is bound to be a disaster. Zane Roman, a business tycoon. St...
935K 27.6K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
33.4K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
711K 27.8K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...