The Unpopular Popular Girl

By agamyaa

Aria Montgomery is like any other teenager. She likes her life and is content in it. Not very popular and cer... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 24

3.6K 186 1
By agamyaa

When I got up in the morning the first thing that I noticed was that I was alone. I didn't have a 'Where am I?' moment since the moment I opened my eyes I remembered Sean and the talk we had. I slowly got out of the bed searching for Damon or his roommate. Not that I knew what he looked like but whatever.

The bathroom door opened and I saw Damon come out in just a towel. I immediately put my hands on my eyes and heard his chuckle.

"It's not like you haven't seen me like this before."

"Yeah but all the other times we were either kids or I was really mad." I replied remembering the last time I had seen him in such a compromised position.

"Really really mad. And that reminds me, you never told me what Principal Benedict said to you."

"Um. She made me write an essay on how I wouldn't repeat that behavior." I giggled in spite of myself and felt a hand on my shoulder, when I turned around I was glad to see Damon fully clothed.

"Glad you didn't get into any major trouble."

"Trouble? It was awesome." When he raised his brow in question I added, "I mean, not looking at all you guys or anything but having done something you aren't supposed to do."

"You are one crazy girl, Aria. Just because it's fun breaking rules don't start doing illegal things 'cause I won't be bailing you out." Damon ruffled my hair as he started walking towards the bedside table.

"Haha. Like you could stay without me." I grin.

"You're right. I can't. I'd probably join you inside." And at that very instant we both burst into laughter.

"I missed this." Damon said once we both stopped laughing and I realised just how much I missed him and his carefree way.

"I did too."

"Okay. Let's not get emotional and ruin the mood. Can we go back to being friends again?" He held out his hand for me and I took it.

"I assumed we always were."

"I mean, do you forgive me, Aria?" I looked into his eyes then and saw the fear in them. He was scared I would bolt but I had had enough of running. Though Damon's way was wrong, he did care about me and last night was enough proof of that. "I do forgive you." I ruffled his hair and bolted into the washroom.

I gazed into the mirror for a good five minutes and decided that there was no way I could hide the puffiness of my eyes or the swelling of my face. I didn't know how to use makeup and even if I did, I didn't have any with me. So, I just cleaned up as much as I could and I brushed using Damon's toothbrush. Knowing him, he'd probably have two more with him so it didn't matter.

When I walked out of the washroom I saw Damon talking to someone on phone and overheard just a bit of it, "No Sarah don't call her now. She is finally smiling. I'll tell her to call you back. Bye." He turned around and looked at me guiltily.

I just crossed my hands across my chest and glared at him.

"I am sorry. She was worried. You weren't answering your phone and Reese didn't know where you were."

"Okay. What did you tell her?" I was sure my mom would hop on the fastest means of transport available and get here if she found out I was sad.

"I told her you got homesick."

"And she bought it?"

"What can I say, I am a convincing liar." He looks at me proudly and I stifle a laugh before saying, "Don't be proud of that. It's not a good thing."

"Of course it is. In situations like these at least."

We both stand smiling at each other not sure what to say and wanting to say so many things, all at once.

"Thank you." I said breaking the silence.

"For what?"

"For not asking. And for yesterday. And for lying for me." I say the last part looking down at the carpet.

"Come on, Aria. You know better than anyone that our friendship means more than anything to me. Just because we have one disagreement doesn't mean I'll break our friendship." He pulls me to him and I start sobbing again. Wondering how and when did things get so complicated.

Just then the door flew open and in came Caroline. I could only imagine what we both must look like to her. Her jaw drops open and I can see her eyes almost popping out.

"Close the door, Caroline." Damon says softly to her and she obliges but doesn't stop staring at me with accusing eyes.

"What?" I ask finally when I couldn't bear it anymore, wiping off the tears that were still running down my cheeks.

I try to move away from Damon but he holds me against him.

"What in the world is she doing here?" Caroline all but spits out at me.

"Caroline. Don't." Damon warns her and this time when I try to move away he doesn't stop me.

"No. I won't keep quiet. She can't keep doing this. She has no right." Caroline walked up to me and pointed one thin, freshly manicured finger at me as she said, "You can't keep toying with him. You have made it perfectly clear that you like Sean and don't think of Damon in that way, then why do you keep coming back? Why do you keep hurting him more and more? You have no right?!" She shouted and I understood exactly what she meant.

"Caroline, could you go into the bathroom for a minute. I'd like to talk to Aria in private." The way he looked at her made it clear that there'd be no arguments on the matter. She stomped off into the bathroom and I turned in a daze to face Damon.

"Aria, I am sorry for all that she said. She doesn't mean that. She is just angry-" He started but I cut him off.

"She's right Damon. I can't keep doing this to you after making my feelings completely obvious."

"But we are friends! I am not asking for anything more and I know you don't feel that way. I don't want to lose you. You are my best friend!" Damon held my shoulders and shook me with his words.

"And you are mine. Which is why I came to you yesterday. But I don't want to lead you on, Damon. That'd be just mean."

"Look. We are best friends and that's all there is to us. No more relationships and talks of those sort. Okay?"

"Okay." I grinned. I could live with this. I was so happy to have my friend back.

"Caroline you can come out now." Damon called out and a visibly fuming Caroline walked out of the washroom.

"So she's staying?" Caroline gestured at me and Damon nodded. Before she could start her argument I said, "I am sorry. You were right. I shouldn't have done what I did but I can't change the past. But I can work on the present and I promise I will." I couldn't believe I was promising and apologising to the same girl who held a grudge against me all my life but right now I could understand where she was coming from and decided that I had to make a few changes to my previous judgement about her.

"So you guys are friends again?" She speaks only to Damon but at least her voice sounds softer.

"Yes, Caroline, we are." Damon replies shaking his head.

"Just friends?" She asked again and this time Damon just tsked and walked away.

"Yes just friends." I reply and finally she turns to acknowledge my presence and I am surprised when I don't see any loathing in her eyes. It's definitely a good surprise.

"Okay. So you and Sean had a fight." I visibly cringe at his name and Damon stops whatever he is doing to glare at Caroline but she just continues, "And you came over to Damon's room. You cried all night and possibly wailed too and don't have your clothes here so you obviously have to go out."

I cut her off when I couldn't take it anymore. "Where are you going with this?"

"I want to ask, Are you going out like this?" She gestured to all of me and that kind of hurt. Sure my face is all ruined and my clothes are wrinkled but I am still in my jeans and top.

"I guess." I answered uncertainly.

"I thought so. Come let's make your face normal again." And with that she pulled me into the washroom and I catch Damon laughing at my expression 'cause I seriously don't know what Caroline means by normal.

________________________________________________

A/N: This is just a filler so Vote! Comment! And Follow!

Love,

anushaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 1.2K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
400 19 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...
450K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...
3.7K 193 35
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭... Aria Williams has always be been ok with the fact she's nothing like her sist...