do i wanna know? [ERENxF.READ...

By ianhecoxluvsu

You're a comfortable girl. You like your solitude and enjoy your own company very much. You became close over... More

Character Descriptions/Visuals
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
epilogue

fourteen

1K 33 68
By ianhecoxluvsu

A/N: Not gonna lie...I am too busy today to proofread so again I am sorry for any mistakes I made LOL yall get what I mean haha...enjoy!-ian :3

✩✩✩✩✩

Odiha Road Trip

Everyone met up at me and Mikasa's apartment building to pack our things into their respective cars. The deal was still the same except without Elisa. Now, I was looking forward to the trip entirely. I would get the backseat all to myself while Armin and Eren switch off if one or the other were feeling like they needed a driving break but overall, I was going to be in my own world.

Eren took my bag from me before packing it in his trunk. We were taking his Camaro since it was just three duffle bags of clothes between him, Armin and I. Plus, only three people in his car. We didn't need any extra space. I nod, thanking him. I look for Mikasa before hugging her and giving her a peck on the cheek.

"You slept last night, right?" I ask her. She huffs before nodding.

"Yes. I slept eight hours and drank coffee this morning. I already ate and I'm ready to drive. I promise," She tells me to assure me. I smile at her before nodding.

"Okay. Then I'll see you. I would say good luck with your passengers but I doubt it would be crazy. You got a cool set of people," I tell her. She chuckles before looking at Eren and Armin, play fighting as they laughed.

"Good luck to you then. At least you don't have Jean, Connie, and Sasha. Trust me, you'd kill yourself," Mikasa teases her friends. I chuckle before hugging her and separating.

"Y/n do you want to sit in the front?" Armin asks me. I shake my head.

"I'd prefer the back if that's cool with you," I reply. He nods.

"Yeah that's fine. It's whatever," He tells me casually. I held onto the back door handle, waiting for Eren to unlock the car. As I waited, I saw Sasha and Jean fighting over a bite of a honey bun. Jean held her head as far as he could with his wingspan as he took a bite. Sasha jumped to get out of his grip but his hand was too big over her small head. She started to kick.

"Jean! It's not funny! That's my breakfast," She sternly argues. Jean hands her the treat back as he licks his lips.

"It was just a bite. Consider that a thank you for driving to Odiha with your annoying ass," Jean lightheartedly replies with the bite still in his mouth. Sasha huffs before getting in the car and slamming the door angrily.

"She's gotta be on her period or something," Connie tells Jean as he closes the trunk. Sasha swings the door open and turns to look at Connie.

"Don't say shit and act like I didn't hear it. I'll kill you, Constance. Keep trying me," Sasha warns him before slamming the car door shut again. Constance? So that's his real name.

I hear the door unlock and I turn back and open the car door before putting my bookbag on the seat closest to the other door. I get inside and the smell of the familiar car hits me again. A clean car with smooth leather seats. The cool leather hits my skin as I sit down.

Since Elisa wasn't coming anymore, Annie and Eren had their own rooms. Which meant the entire thing changed. Now, Armin and Annie are in a room together. And Jean and Eren are rooming together. So now, everyone has a roommate.

Eren gets in the car as Armin sets up the GPS, putting it on the middle console for Eren to glance at in case of him needing directions. Armin puts his seatbelt on before adjusting his seat to his liking. He had a blanket rolled up before putting it over himself and leaning against the window, ready to sleep. Eren's eyebrows creased.

"You're seriously gonna go to sleep? I didn't even start driving," Eren sulks over Armin not wanting to be too interactive. I chuckle.

"I'm tired. Just an hour and I promise I'll be up for the entire ride. Y/n is still up so we can switch off. Right, Y/n?" Armin looks back at me. I give him a small smile.

"I'm not tired right now so you can sleep. It's fine," I tell him. Armin smiles before looking at Eren. Eren rolls his eyes.

"Y/n and I don't talk about much though. We have more in common," Eren ignores me and talks to Armin. Armin sucks his teeth.

"You sound like a little kid. Find something to talk about. Like why you left for two months," Armin throws him under the bus before getting comfortable in his own seat with his eyes closed. I snicker.

"Maybe we can start there," I add. Eren glares at me through the rearview mirror before putting the car in drive and leaving the parking lot.

No one spoke for about ten minutes as Eren casually played music while driving on the highway, already on the long way to Odiha. He sighs as he leaned back in his seat and held the wheel with his hand from the bottom as he relaxed his body, bored. I watched his hand as he steered calmly and skillfully. I was impressed.

"So you're not gonna tell me why you left for that long?" I ask him finally. He glances at me from the rearview mirror before looking back at the road.

"Nope. I told you guys it was for work." He keeps it short. I scoff.

"Right. Okay," I respond skeptically before putting headphones on and getting on my phone.

"You too? Does no one want to talk to me?" Eren asks no one in particular. I snicker before taking one side of my headphones off to listen to him. I scoot into the middle seat and turn my body around, facing the back of the car, before laying my head on the middle console. I turn and look at Eren, who was chuckling at my attempt to get closer to him to speak.

"You're sulking because no one wants to give you attention so I'll give you some," I lightheartedly tell him. He smiles as he looks ahead.

"Finally," He replies. I chuckle before looking on my phone.

"How about I ask you a set of questions? The friendship interview questions online," I suggest. He chuckles again as he switches his driving hand to relax the one closest to me.

"Go ahead then," He replies, giving me the green light. I look up questions and hum before chuckling.

"Okay. We have Teen Vouge pulled up and I'm ready to ask questions, Mr. Jaeger," I impersonate an interviewer. He laughs.

"Right. I'm ready to answer, Ms. L/n," He replies. I clear my throat comically before reading off the first question.

"What's the weirdest thing you've done in public?" I ask him. He hums, pondering before looking to his right and switching lanes swiftly and slowly.

"I think a three way kiss with these two girls at a party. The weird part was that they were twins," He admits. My face scrunches in disgust.

"That's more disgusting than weird but it's still weird so I'll let it slide. You're nasty for that though," I tell him. He huffs.

"To be fair, I was cross faded like crazy. Worst night ever. I don't remember shit after that," He excuses himself. I hum skeptically.

"Okay–"

"Woah. These are questions you gotta answer too. I'm not gonna be the only one on the podium," He stops me from asking the next question. I chuckle before groaning.

"I haven't lived a entertaining life for long enough to say I did something weird in public," I reply. He scoffs.

"Boring. I'll let it slide but you better dig deep for the next questions," He tells me. I nod before reading the next question.

"What's the most bizarre text you've ever received?" I ask him. He hums before laughing.

"Connie texted me one time and told me to call him and act like I was his dad and pretend to yell at him so that he can get out of fucking some girl," He tells me. I laugh at his answer before looking at him.

"No way. Why did he want to leave?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders before answering.

"I think it was because he said she stunk or something like that," He answered. I groaned.

"Poor girl..." I empathize before giving him an answer of my own.

"One time, my mom accidentally texted me a sexy text that was meant for my dad. We never talked about it..." I shudder. Eren laughs hard before glancing at me, laughing at me even more at the sight of my face.

"I don't remember what it said so don't ask," I say in between his laughs. He finally breathes in before sighing, controlling himself. I smile subconsciously at the sound of his laugh before looking back at my phone for another question.

"What do you feel the most guilty about?" I ask him a deeper question. He watches the road as he attempts to switch lanes. He looks on his blind side before finally switching lanes and leaning back on his seat. He huffs before answering.

"There's a lot of shit I feel guilty about. The list is long if you want to talk about every single thing," He jokes. I chuckle before shaking my head.

"No. No sad questions. Next. What stresses you out the most?" I ask him. He smiles.

"You."

"Very funny. Actually though," I reply.

"Probably my job then," He replies shortly. I nod.

"I would say...My parents. And fucking science and math," I say with a sour tone. He chuckles at my hate for the two subjects.

"Why do your parents stress you out?" He asks an additional question. At first, I was going to look at him and question if he seriously didn't know. But now that I'm thinking about it, Eren has no clue what's going on in my family life. My eyebrows slightly creased as I thought to myself before shaking my head.

"That's for you to not know and for me to worry about. Next question," I happily reply.

"Have you ever been in love?" I ask him.

"No." He quickly responds. I chuckle.

"Jesus. That was quick off the tongue. Who hurt you?" I ask him comically. He rolls his eyes.

"No one. I've just never been in love," He replies casually. I nod.

"Do you think you ever could be in love?" I ask an additional question. He glances at me before looking ahead at the road.

"Maybe I could. One day. How about you? You ever been in love?" He asks in return. I shake my head.

"Nah," I reply, keeping it short. He looks at me, skeptical.

"What? I'm being honest! Never been in love," I reiterate. He chuckles.

"What about Colt? Five years of history and you never fell for him even when you were like fifteen?" He interrogates me. I laugh.

"Pfft. Nah. Colt and I were always best friends. We never tried dating or doing anything serious until this year. I love Colt like an old friend. Never was in love with him though," I explain. He nods.

"And he's in love with you, right? Because it's obvious," He replies. I huff with a small smile.

"Maybe he is. He's not here so I can't answer that with the complete truth. He's always wanted more than me and I've always been...Y'know...The noncommittal type," I answer. He nods.

"Ah. So you're not a relationship kind of person then," He tells me. I nod.

"Not really. Falling in love with someone seems...Unrealistic to me. No one falls in love without having to overlook irreversible things. I don't know how people put their heart strings on the line for the other person to tug at. Isn't that scary? Being so in love with someone that you almost feel indebted to them? It's like if you were a puppet and they controlled you," I go on a small tangent.

Eren glanced down at me before looking back on the road, he sat on what I said before cultivating an answer for me.

"You think love is too transactional then?" He asks another question. I shrug my shoulders.

"In a sense, yeah. I give you my heart and I am completely vulnerable to you and I will love you blindly but you have to promise to do good with my love. Don't hurt me. Isn't that...Giving too much and receiving too little?" I ask.

"Well, what if both parties feel the same way?"

"Then it feels like you're just giving each other too much of yourselves. Being interwoven into a product of a singular thing you share; Love. Now you aren't your own person. You are a connection of this person," I explain. Eren inhales before sighing. He chuckles.

"What?" I ask him, sensing something he wanted to say. He shakes his head.

"Nah. It's just obvious that you've never been in love," He tells me. I laugh.

"Neither have you!" I poke fun at him. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah but...I don't think of love like that at all. I think it's a good thing to be interwoven into someone so much that you become each other a little. You carry pieces of their personality with you and likewise. Then what they love most about you is being shared to the world twice. Isn't that romantic?" He asks me an opposing question.

I smile to myself at the thought that Eren actually had a way with words. That he loved love despite never being in love. It was...Cute.

"I guess I never thought about it like that. Maybe I'm being too negative about it then," I poke fun at myself. He scoffs.

"Understatement," He replies. I nudge him as he drove.

"Are you not asking more questions?" He asks me as I sat in silence. I chuckled.

"Do you want me to?" I ask in return. He nods.

"Why not? We have..." He looks at the GPS before speaking again.

"Four and a half hours to go," He tells me. I smile before looking on my phone for more questions.

"Okay...What's the nicest thing someone has done for you?" I ask. He hums before answering.

"Mikasa and Armin threw my mom a going away party when she had to start staying at the hospital full time. And it was for my mom, but I needed that shit too. Just something happy to know that everything was gonna be okay. So I still think about it," He tells me. I smile before glancing at a sleeping Armin.

"That's sweet. I'm glad they did that for you and your mom," I tell him. He nods.

"What about you?" He asks. I sighed before chuckling.

"Mikasa being my best friend is the nicest thing she's ever done for me. Not like a charity kind of thing. But she loves me so passionately and so deeply that it really helps me. So that's the nicest thing someone has ever done for me," I reply. He chuckles.

"Mikasa has a lot of love to give out. She's a good person. You know, I've known Mikasa since I was eight," He tells me. My eyebrows raise.

"Woah. Really? She never told me that," I reply. He nods.

"Yeah. Armin too. We all used to live in the same neighborhood. Been going to the same school since. She's a caring person. Super overprotective and worries too much but you learn to love that shit about her," He tells me. I laugh before nodding.

"Yeah. True. How was she like as a kid?" I ask him curiously as I sat up and leaned against one of the backseats since my neck was getting uncomfortable. Eren sighs.

"She was shy and very quiet. I think she still kind of is but with new people. She doesn't really talk to anyone but the friend group. I used to get into fights with Armin's bullies and Mikasa was always there to fight them with me. We were a couple of hard-headed, bad little kids. But even now, she's crazy loyal. And I appreciate that. She'd hide a dead body if I asked her to. I won't," He tells me. I laugh.

"I love Mikasa," I comment.

"Me too."

"Alright. Next question. What's the biggest leap of faith that you have taken?" I ask him. He smirks as he glances at me through the rearview mirror. I smile back at him.

"I don't think I've taken it yet," He replies. I chuckle.

"What is it?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe you'll know one day. Maybe you won't," He elusively replies. I nod.

✩✩✩✩✩

We were about two hours into the trip before Eren stopped for gas and Armin and I got out of the car to stretch our legs and get snacks. Armin yawned as he fixed his messy hair. I nudged him jokingly as he rubbed his eyes to wake up.

"How long was I out?" He asks me as we walk inside the warm gas station.

"Two hours? Give or take," I tell him. He groans.

"Now Eren is gonna have me up for the rest of the ride," He dreadfully tells me. I chuckle.

"Yeah and now I'm owed a nap since I kept him occupied throughout those two hours," I lightheartedly tell him. Armin huffs with a lazy smile. He was still so attractive. I remembered why I crushed on him in the first place.

I walked down the aisles of snacks and foods before grabbing some sour candy and chips. I went to the fridges before grabbing an Arizona drink and a redbull. I grabbed some cookies and water before throwing it on the counter along with Armin's things.

"And three slushie cups please," Armin asks the cashier. He nods before handing me three stacked cups. I look out as Eren pumped gas. I look back at Armin as he paid for my snacks.

"You didn't have to pay for it all," I tell him. He shakes his head.

"I have more than enough of money for gas station snacks, it's okay," He jokes with me. I chuckle.

"Oh, and I don't?" I half-joke. He snickers.

"Do you?"

"...Fair point. Thanks anyway," I tell him. He laughs as the cashier puts the snacks in two bags.

"What kind of flavor does Eren like?" I ask Armin as he grabs the bags.

"Cherry and coke mixed together," Armin replies. My face scrunches with disgust.

"This man is weird..." I comment. Armin chuckles.

"It's not that bad. I've tried it. But I'm sticking to my comfort flavor, blueberry," He tells me. I chuckle before filling Eren's cup up halfway with cherry slush. I fill mine halfway as well.

"I'll try his concoction too then," I tell Armin. He huffs as I filled the rest of our cup spaces with coke slush. I put lids on them before putting straws in them. We walk out and I hand Eren his slushie as he puts the gas nozzle back. He glances as I held it out for him to grab. A corner of his mouth twitches before he smirks. He grabs it.

"Thanks. Is it the way Armin told you it was supposed to be?" He asks. I chuckle before nodding.

"Yep. And I decided to try it myself too," I tell him as I shook my slushie. I mix it a bit with my straw before taking a sip. I swallow the slush before tasting the flavor in my mouth. Eren watched me as he took a sip from his usual drink, waiting for my reaction. My eyebrows raised as I nodded slowly.

"Not bad Jaeger. I like it," I tell him. Eren chuckles.

"It's because my slushie combination is the best," He replies as we got back in the car I take out a cupholder in the back before putting my cup in it and grabbing one of the bags on Armin's lap and rummaging through them as Eren took one final sip before turning the car back on and continuing the drive.

Eren played 'Swim Good' by Frank Ocean in the background at a low volume as we drove, laughing and eating snacks.

✩✩✩✩✩

Finally, after hours of driving and Eren complaining about how his neck hurts like an old man, we were here in Odiha. We just drove by the sign. Welcome to Odiha. It felt like a different state at this point. It took forever but the drive was rather smooth overall.

Eren starts driving to the resort Historia sent us the address to before pulling his car into the front of the resort. We stopped at the doors before Armin stretched in his seat. Once Eren parked the car, we all stepped out. I grabbed my bookbag before Eren opened the trunk and handed Armin his bag. He closed the trunk after grabbing my bag. I reach to take it from him but he jerks away.

"I got it," He tells me as he held my bag for me. I chuckle as I let him carry it. The valet took Eren's keys with a tip before driving the car away. I yawn as I followed behind Armin and Eren, holding my light bookbag.

Upon entering, it looked amazing. I could smell the waterfall from the indoor water system that was in the main foyer. A beautiful woman with a blindfold on and bangs. She had her hands hovering protectively over the three children that were shorter than her as they poured water out of big pots. The stone hedge reading 'Daughters of Ymir'. It was a beautiful piece. Armin nudges me and I blink before looking him. He jerks his head towards the front desk, where Ymir, Historia, Annie, and Mikasa were.

Mikasa sees me and hugs me.

"The drive wasn't bad, was it?" She asks me lightheartedly. I chuckle before shaking my head.

"No. It wasn't bad at all. Armin was asleep for half of it but after he woke up it was more fun," I reply. Eren side-eyes me, listening in on the conversation.

"I'm right here, you know," He tells me, salty from my reply. Mikasa and I chuckle.

"I had fun with you too, Eren," I assure him. He huffs, looking away before talking to Historia.

A couple of moments later, we see Jean walk in, massaging his temples with his eyes closed tightly. Sasha and Connie followed in suit, their arms over each other's shoulders as they giggled, throwing chips in each other's mouths and laughing as they caught them. I watched the trio, confused.

Jean groaned as he put his head down on the front desk in front of Mikasa and I. Mikasa and I look at each other with smiles before looking back at Jean.

"Are you okay, Jean?" I ask him finally. He lifts his head before looking at us.

"Those two dumbasses are gonna fucking kill me one day," He tells us. Mikasa snickers.

"They look perfectly content. What happened?" She asks. Jean scoffs.

"Yeah, now they're fine. After they took two blinkers. It started off fine but then Connie and Sasha argued for a fucking hour and then they started sharing snacks but then Sasha got mad at Connie for eating the crushed up chips at the bottom of the bag and then Connie hopped in the back seat and they fucking wrestled. I had to pull a dad move and pull over to yell at them," Jean explained his personal hell.

We laughed as we looked over at Sasha and Connie, who were already back to bickering. Historia handed Mikasa and I keycards for our room.

"We're all on the fortieth floor," Historia tells us. I nod.

"Thanks for this room, Hissy. I appreciate you taking all of us," I thank her wholeheartedly. She smiled at me genuinely before nodding.

"It's no problem. I love you guys. And you're a part of us now so enjoy the luxuries," She tells me. I chuckle as she left to hand out the rest of the keycards.

A couple of moments later, I see two tall men enter the resort lobby. One of them, I recognized since he played football and he was friends with Colt. That was Reiner. He had his hair short and messy as he wore a plain Nike T-shirt and sweatpants with slides as he carried a duffle bag. He was muscular and very built.

Next to him was a man I didn't recognize. He was lankier, and taller than Reiner for sure. He had brown hair and sad eyes. But his hooked nose and defined cheekbones caught my attention the most. He wore a sweatshirt and casual slacks with sneakers as he held his duffle bag. Annie jogged over to them, approaching them. I look at Mikasa.

"Who's the brunette dude?" I ask her for clarification.

"Bertholdt. They call him Bertie for short. Reiner's best friend. And he also has a secret crush on Annie," Mikasa tells me. I gasp quietly as I looked at her.

"Does Armin know?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Annie told me not to tell anyone since she doesn't want to worry Armin," She tells me. My eyebrows creased.

"I don't think Armin would care. He's a pretty secure guy. I think keeping it a secret would make things worst. What if he feels like she was keeping it from him?" I ask. Mikasa shrugs her shoulders.

"Not my business. I just said what I knew. Can't control how Annie handles certain shit. All we can do is watch," She replies. I glance over at the trio and Reiner makes eye contact with me, a small smirk painted on his face. I observe him up and down before turning back around, facing Mikasa.

"Alright, now that everyone is here! The rest of the day is free for you guys but I wanna have dinner tonight so meet Ymir and I back down here around eight please," Historia tells us. We all agree and nod before dispersing.

"Finally. I need a nap," Mikasa tells me as we held hands. I realize that Eren was holding my bag and I turned to look for him. He walked alongside Armin and Jean as they spoke casually.

"Hey, can I get my bag? Mikasa and I are going to our room," I tell Eren. Eren looks at me before realizing he was holding my bag.

"I can bring it up for you. You don't have to carry it. It's fine," Eren insists. I chuckle.

"I'm not weak to the point where I can't carry my own bag. I'll be fine. Look at all the other girls carrying their own bags," I convince him. I glance as Mikasa held her duffle bag on her shoulder. He shakes his head.

"You drove with me though. So I got you. What room are you?" He asks me. I sigh before looking at my keycard.

"14058. Thanks," I tell him before going back to Mikasa, walking alongside her. She looks at me with a smile as we approach the elevator.

Once Mikasa and I walk down the long halls, we finally reached our room. I take the keycard and give us access before I opened the door for Mikasa. She put her things down and flew to her bed, face first. She groaned as I watched her, chuckling.

I closed the door before observing the beautiful. The view next to the bed was insane. It looked out into Odiha and a vast ocean. Birds flew past us on this floor. The TV was as big as the wall and the beds were tucked in and neatly made with white linen sheets and fluffy pillows. The closet was walk-in and the bathroom had a double vanity with a mirror that took over the wall. A nice walk in shower that could fit twenty people and a nice bathtub with jets.

I finally sat down on my bed before laying on my back, closing my eyes before a harsh knock sounded. Mikasa and I flinched, startled with the knock. I get up and check the peephole. I see Eren's stupid face as he waited for someone to open the door. I sigh before unlocking the door and opening it for him. Our eyes met before he walked in with Jean. I closed the door behind them as Mikasa stood laying down.

Eren puts my duffle bag down on the other side of my bed before looking around. Jean was already looking inside the closet before coming back out.

"Wow. Nice room. If yours is better than ours then we're switching you guys to our room while you sleep," Eren jokes. I scoff.

"Thank you for dropping off my bag. Mikasa and I are gonna take a nap," I dismiss them. Jean chuckles as he sees Mikasa, already fast asleep.

"You two are no fun. Eren and I are gonna gamble. You wanna come?" Jean asks me. My eyebrows creased before shaking my head.

"Why the fuck would I wanna gamble?" I rhetorically ask. Eren chuckles.

"To win money. That is if you're confident that you will. Clearly, you got loser mentality," Eren trash talks me. I chuckle.

"Give me two hours and I'll win money," I competitively tell them. Jean and Eren chuckle at the change of attitude.

"Take your nap. Meet us downstairs in two hours. We'll play Blackjack to keep it easy," Eren tells me. I nod.

"Fine. You're gonna regret inviting me because you're gonna be jealous with the amount of money I'm gonna win," I tell them, cocky. They laugh as they headed for the door, leaving.

"We'll see about that then," Jean replies as he was already out of the room. Eren and I glanced at each other before he closed the door. I sighed before laying back down on my bed and drifting off to sleep.

I woke up to the door being knocked on. I groaned as I looked over at Mikasa, who was such a deep sleeper that she didn't even flinch at the sudden knocking. I sigh before rubbing my eyes, approaching the door. I was met with Eren and Jean again. Jean shows me the time on his phone.

"It's already three o'clock. You ready to win some money?" He asks me. I huff before yawning. Eren pushes my head slightly, making me stumble over myself a bit. I nudged him back.

"Yeah. Give me a second," I tell them before closing my door on their faces. I put my shoes back on before fixing my hair and applying some light makeup. Barely any. I stretched before grabbing my phone and heading out the door, meeting with the two dudes who were waiting for me.

"You know how to play Blackjack, right?" Jean asks me as we walk to the elevators. I shrug my shoulders.

"Do they teach you when you get there?" I ask obliviously. Eren snickers.

"Dumbass. You're lucky that you're gambling with us. We'll give you the rundown," Eren tells me. I roll my eyes before pressing the down button on the elevator.

"Blackjack is a card game. It has another name; Twenty-one. And that's important," Jean starts off before looking at Eren. We step onto the elevator before Eren spoke.

"Blackjack hands are scored by their point total. The hand with the highest total wins as long as it doesn't pass the number...?" Eren trails off.

"Twenty-one." I answer. The boys nod.

"A hand with a higher total than twenty-one is a bust. You lose. Card two through ten are worth their face value," Jean adds.

"And face cards like Jacks, Kings, and Queens, are worth ten," Eren finishes the basic rule telling.

"Well, what if I get a perfect twenty-one? Do I win automatically? How many cards do they give me? What are the odds of me winning?" I ask an abundance of questions. The elevator dings and we step off.

"If you get a perfect twenty-one but the dealer also gets a twenty-one, then the dealer wins. That's only if the dealer reveals a perfect twenty-one," Jean answers my first question.

"If not then you win that," Eren adds. I nod.

"They give you two cards. They also have two cards. The dealers first card faces up and the other one stays facing down. And aces count as one or eleven. You pick only depending on if an eleven would bust you or not," Jean tells me.

"So an ace can save my ass then?" I ask. Eren shrugs his shoulders.

"Sort of. It only gives you the liberty to not bust. Not necessarily anything else," Eren tells me.

"And what if I get a higher total than her but it isn't twenty-one?" I ask.

"She has to keep hitting until she gets a number better than yours. If she busts, you win. You're not playing against us. You're playing against the dealer," Jean explains. I groan as we walked in the lobby.

"This is hard. So much things to remember. And we can't help each other out either?" I ask the boys as I walked between them.

"You were so confident. Better put your money where your mouth is," Jean teases me. I scoff.

"I'll win. Watch," I reply. They chuckled.

"Wait, I can look at my cards, right?" I ask. Eren smirks.

"You can look at the card that's facing up if it's the dealers. The other one stays facing down until you stand or bust. Your cards are facing up," He explains. I nod.

"Ah. So that last card determines your fate then?" I ask. They nod.

"Yeah, unless you bust before the card is flipped. Then you just lose," Jean responds. I nod.

"And it's a game of luck so the odds of winning are pretty split down the middle," Eren tells me, answering a previous question they didn't get to answer. I nod.

"Jesus. Okay. And this is supposed to be easy?" I ask.

"Well, it's an easy game in comparison to others. Slots is easy but it can be rigged. People rarely win off of those things. Old people hog them like crazy too. Then there's roulette," Jean tells me.

"Oh. Is that the game with the ball and the red and black spaces?" I ask. They nod as we approached the casino.

"That's the one," Eren answers as we look ahead. A security guard eyed us before Jean and Eren pulled out their wallets. Eren jerks his head at me.

"Show him your ID," He tells me. I dig in my bag and grab my fake ID before handing it to him. He looks at the three of us, observing our IDs and our faces before handing them back to us. He nods, allowing us in the area. I sighed with some relief.

The immediate smell of cigarettes and mixed drinks hit my nose. I sniffled from the smoky air as we looked around.

"We have to exchange our money for chips. How much are you putting in?" Eren asks me as we approach a station. I shrug my shoulders.

"I dunno. I've never done this. How much do you usually take out?" I ask him for reference. Eren scoffs before approaching the station.

"Way more than you would. Take out a hundred," He suggests. I nod.

"How much do you take out?" I ask him out of curiosity. He clicks on buttons before chips were dispersed. He grabs them before looking at me with a small smirk.

"A thousand," He tells me casually. My eyes slightly widened as my eyebrows raised.

"Dollars?" I ask for clarification. He chuckles.

"No. A thousand cents. Yes, a thousand dollars. Why are you surprised?" He asks me calmly as he starts to press buttons for me. More chips dispersed and he handed them to me. I look at my hand with chips before looking at him.

"Did you pay for this? Why didn't you let me do it?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders.

"It's nothing. I'll be fine. Let's go find an available table since you wanna beat Jean and I so badly," He teases me. I scoff before rolling my eyes playfully, following behind Eren and Jean.

They boys sat down on bar-like stools before greeting the dealer. I look around awkwardly before sitting beside Eren. I look nervously at the men as they chatted with the dealer. Eren glances at me, giving me a small nod of assurance.

"How much are we putting in?" The woman dealer asks us. I watch Eren as he decides to put a chip in a betting spot. Jean does the same before I mimicked them, placing my chip down.

The dealer nods before adjusting her card dispenser.

"Once you place your bet, you can't touch it. Be mindful of that. She's gonna start putting down cards so count them," Eren reminds me of the rules. I nod as I watched the dealers pretty hands disperse cards. Eren stops the dealer.

"Sorry, gotta remind her of the rules," He tells the dealer. She takes the cards back as Eren turns and looks at me.

"There are hand signs that indicate what you want to do. To stand on your set of cards, you wave your hand over the cards. To have them give you more, tap on the table next to the cards. Got it?" He asks me. I nod, focused.

"Yeah. Thanks," I tell him. He nods before turning back to the dealer. She nods before dispersing the cards. I glance at Jean as he was the first to receive his cards. I look as Eren received his cards. He looks at them, observing. She turns to me and disperses my two cards. An eight and a nine. That's seventeen. The dealer puts one card facing down in front of me and the other facing up. A six.

Twenty-one minus six is fifteen. There's no card with that value. If I stand, I would have a higher chance of winning since even her highest number can't beat mine. An ace is as high as it can get. And eleven plus six is seventeen. We would tie. No one wins. Even then, an ace is a two in fifty-two chance. I decide to take my chances and signal my hand, waving over my cards, indicating that I wanted to stand. She nods before looking at Jean and Eren, who all decided on their status. She nods before flipping the three cards.

Her card was another six for me. I sighed with relief. But I wasn't out of the woods yet. From what Eren and Jean explained to me, she has to keep pulling cards until she gets something better than seventeen. If she pulls more than a five and less than a ten, she can beat me. The odds of that are high. I don't doubt that.

She pulls out another card and flips it. A four. I sighed nervously. This was cutting it close. Let's see who gets luckier. She flips another card.

A seven. She busts. I sighed with relief. I won! Just that one hand. I look at her, my eyebrows slightly creased.

"How much was that worth?" I ask her. She looks at my cards before answering and handing me a chip.

"Just what you bet. You put in fifty and because you won, I give you fifty," She explains. I nod. So I just profited fifty dollars. I huff, slightly victorious. Eren glances at me with a smile.

"You won?" He asks. I nod.

"That's right, Jaeger. Fifty dollars. I'm making some profit here. I'll pay you back in no time," I tease him, cocky. He chuckles.

"Yeah? Two more games. Let's see where you're at then," He tells me. I nod.

"Fine by me," I reply before turning back and betting a hundred. She sees my bet before placing two new cards in front of me. She places a card facing down and one facing up. My cards totaled to eleven. A little low. I should hit. I tap my hand next to the cards and she flips another card on my deck. An eight. Wow. Nineteen. If I hit anymore than what I have, I'll bust. I wave my hand over my cards. The dealer nods before waiting on Jean and Eren's answers. Eren ponders before tapping his hand. Jean stands.

The dealers facing card for me was eight. She flips the other card and it revealed a five. She pulls another card out and flips it, revealing a five. I look at her, smiling. It would be risky for her to not bust at this point. Only three numbers away from twenty-one. Was she going to take that risk? She shook her head, giving me the win. I nodded as she gave me a hundred dollars. I now had a total of two hundred and fifty dollars. This is fun.

"I see why people get addicted to this shit," I tell Jean and Eren. They chuckled.

After the last game, I lost fifty dollars. But I profited a hundred dollars. Not much but it was good enough for my first game. I grab my chips before standing up and waiting for Eren and Jean to finish. Jean sighs before getting up and approaching me as I waited.

"Well? What'd you make?" I ask him curiously.

"Nothing. I always lose at these fucking games," He sulks. I chuckle. Jean stretches before looking ahead.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. You want anything?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"I'm good, thanks," I tell him before he walked away. I watched Eren at a comfortable distance as he continued to play. I feel a hand on my waist. I jump, startled at the sudden touch before turning to my right and seeing an older man with a smirk on his face.

"What's a cute girl like you doing here all alone? You gambling?" He asks me, his breath reeking of alcohol. I snatch his hand off of me before taking a step back.

"If you wanna talk to a girl, I don't think being touchy is gonna help. Just a tip," I dismiss him. He chuckles before reaching for my hand, grabbing it and holding it.

"You're feisty then, eh? I like a challenge," He creepily says. I look past him, at Jean, who was faced away from me, ordering a drink. I look to my left at Eren, who was also facing away from me. I jerk my head before snatching my hand back.

"You want me to ask him for help here? Or are you sober enough to back the fuck up?" I warn the man. He looks at Eren as he minded his business.

"Oh. Is that your boyfriend? Husband? You can do better, baby," He slurs his words. I look at him with disgust. I scoff before turning and looking at Eren again.

"Eren," I call for him. He turns his head, looking at me past his shoulders, before realizing that there was a man harassing me. He stands up and approaches him, keeping me behind him.

"Is there a problem?" Eren asks the man. He looks up at Eren before clearing his throat and shaking his head.

"Nah man! I was just making conversation. Nothing serious," The man backpedals. I scoff. Eren nods.

"Okay. Go make conversation with someone else then. She doesn't want to talk to you," Eren defends me. The man watches Eren for a moment before nodding lazily and stumbling away. He turns and looks at me, giving me a small nod of assurance.

"You good? How long was he bothering you?" He starts to ask questions. I shake my head.

"Too long for comfort. Thanks," I tell him. He nods.

"Yeah." I look over to the table he sat at, playing the game, before looking back at him.

"Weren't you in the middle of a game? What are the rules for walking away mid-game?" I lightheartedly ask him. He walks up to the table and divides his chips before putting the rest in his pocket.

"I gotta give up half of my chips," He tells me. I hum.

"Oh. How much did you lose from defending me then?" I ask. He chuckles.

"Three thousand. Give or take. I'll be alright. As long as you're good. It would be shitty of me to keep playing while a dude was harassing you so...Morals over money," He jokes. I laugh as Jean walked back to us. He takes a sip of his drink before looking at us.

"What'd I miss? How much you win?" He asks Eren obliviously. Eren gives him a straight face, not amused by Jean.

"What did I do now?" Jean asks, a little fed up.

"Y/n got harassed by some drunk and I had to step away from the table to defend her. I lost three thousand dollars just so you could get some cocktail for pussies. Thanks," Eren tells him off. I purse my lips, trying to hide a smile and a laugh. Jean scoffs.

"Bloody Mary's aren't a pussy drink, dickwad. It's a classic cocktail and it tastes good so fuck you," Jean tells him. Eren scoffs.

"Not even an Old-fashioned or a fucking Negroni. Whiskey sour? Gin and Tonic? No. You had to get a Bloody Mary. Might as well get a fucking gimlet or get a pair of tits. Pussy," Eren pokes more fun at Jean's drink as he sipped from the straw. Jean flipped him off as we walked out of the casino.

"Yeah, yeah. Fuck you. This shit tastes good so I won't even argue with you. Sorry I wasn't there, Y/n," Jean tells me. I shake my head as I chuckled.

"It's cool," I casually reply. He nods. We see Armin and Annie as they casually walked around the lobby, looking for things to do.

"Hey. Were you guys at the casino?" Armin asks. We nod.

"Yeah. That was until Jean's fruity ass had to get a Bloody Mary and made me lose three thousand dollars," Eren sulks over Jean being M.I.A when I needed someone. I snicker. Jean rolls his eyes.

"You're crying like a bitch who needs a Bloody Mary. Shut up," Jean spits back comically. Armin chuckles.

"How much you make?" He asks. Eren shrugs his shoulders before thinking.

"Only made a thousand, maybe two in profit. Not bad but considering what I would've had if I didn't have to give up my chips, I'm still gonna bitch," Eren turns and looks at Jean as he enjoyed his drink. I chuckled.

"I made a hundred dollars!" I excitedly tell Armin. Armin chuckles and nods.

"That's great for your first game. Blackjack?" He asks. I nod.

"Gave me headache but it was worth it," I joke. Armin smiles.

"Maybe that hair tie gave you some luck," Eren tells me. I fidget with it before chuckling.

"Annie and I were just gonna go shopping. We'll see you guys at dinner then," Armin dismisses him and Annie. We nod. I turn and look at the boys with a small smile.

"Well, it was fun. I'm going back now. See you guys at dinner," I tell them before heading for the elevators.

✩✩✩✩✩

A/N: Next Odiha chapter is out next Saturday at 10 AM like always! Tell me what you think about this chapter! Comment and vote LOL thx for all the support!-ian :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 468 14
[armin arlert x fem reader] - you've had a normal upbringing all your life, however, university has taken a toll on you. one day, your roommate, piec...
35K 999 22
EREN JAEGER STREET RACING AU!! "𝘏𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺." �...
255K 8.5K 65
art credit: @/KznoBuyhm7zqrNN on twt College hasn't always been fun,like anything else it has its pros and cons,right? Your friends have made it very...
711 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...