𝔇𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 (𝔏𝔢𝔳𝔦 𝔵...

By livelaughlovelevi

⋆⭒˚。⋆ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚝'𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘�... More

I - Harm And Question
II - Solidity And Obscurity
III - A Companions Restraint
IV - A Rogue Like He
V - Hands For Chains
VI - Good Company
VII - Blank Pages
VIII - Race Against The Rogue
IX - Don't Fear My Touch
X - The Hours Of Dawn
XI - Upon The Surface
XII - Family Banter
XIII - Peculiar Brunette
XIV - Failed Persuasions
XV - Three Souls
XVI - No Regrets
XVII - Breaking Through
XVIII - Wavering Guilt
XIX - Under The Cherry Blossom
XX - Idiotic Brother
XXI - It's Not The Same
XXII - Don't Die
XXIII - Rude Awakenings
XXIV - Unknown Rivalry
XXV - Stay Safe... Please
XXVI - We Miss You
XXVII - The Fall
XXVIII - Run. He's Coming For You
XXIX - Expect The Unexpected
XXX - Content, But Not Quite Happy
XXXI - Fist Of White
XXXII - Unbalanced
XXXIII - What's The Situation Here, Brats?
XXXIV - Reunited At Last
Authors Note and Character Stats
XXXV - Discipline Through Pain
XXXVI - Brat
XXXVII - River of Koi
XXXVIII - Second In Command
XXXIX - Things Change
XL - Again
XLI - Scissors And A Razor
XLII - Memory Graves
XLIII - Rooftop Murmurs
XLIV - Taverns, Wield and Flower Fields
XLV - Bound
XLVI - Bedridden
XLVII - Crazy Admirer
XLVIII - Guilt
XLIX - In The Rain
L - Promise
LI - Havoc
LII - His Heart
LIII - To Change A Concrete Mind
LIV - The Book Of Nothing
LV - Valkyrie Of War
LVI - The Toxicity Of Optimism
LVII - Eyes In The Shadows
LVIII - Calm Before The Storm
LVIX - In Time, Before Sunset
LX - What The Sun Sees
LXI - The Friends And The Foes
LXII - A Perspective Of Distrust
LXIII - Lurking Within Our Dreams
LXIV - Winter Wishes
LXV - When The Night Calls
LXVI - A Weeping Clouds Purpose
LXVII - As Realisation Sinks In
LXVIII - Beauty Of A White Night
LXIX - Request
LXX - A Brothers Plea
LXXI - Before The Hunt Begins
LXXII - A Flawed Crime
LXXIII - Sea Of Stars
LXXV - A Living Myth
LXXVI - Strength And Weakness
LXXVII - An Affair Of Negotiation
LXXVIII - A Method Of Obtention
LXXIX - Guise Of Repulse
LXXX - The Blood Of Those Who Pursue Us
LXXXI - Thread And Tension
LXXXII - When Dependant On Trust
LXXXIII - Accusations Of Insanity
LXXXIV - Clandestine
LXXXV - In The Raven's Mind
LXXXVI - How One Approaches
LXXXVII - What We Sought
LXXXVIII - With My Everything
LXXXIX - Reading Him
XC - Warm Lights
XCI - Crystals And Bets
XCII - Words Of Honour
XCIII - What's Said At Midnight
XCIV - What He Wants
XCV - What He Needs
XCVI - The Cunning Brown Fox
XCVII - Blood Of Consequence
XCVIII - On Her Behalf
XCIX - The Ghost Of Sina
C - Times Like These
CI - Bittersweet Truths
CII - Fire And Blood
CIII - God Of Destruction
CIV - An Eye For A Life
CV - Midnight Sun
CVI - The Innocence Of A Man
CVII - When Words Matter
CVIII - Three Strikes
CIX - My Own Blood
CX - Subjects Of Ymir

LXXIV - An Order Of Silence

1.2K 43 10
By livelaughlovelevi

"Blood is to be spilt, and we'd rather it theirs than ours." 

***

~The Next Day, An Hour After Dawn~ 

The woods were golden. Mellow rays of fresh morning sunshine painted an orangey golden hue within every inch it could touch. A gorgeous morning, really, waking up early often had its benefits if the clouds weren't around to restrain the sun and keep it to themselves. The squad found themselves readying their gear after Levi had walked around the cabin with intentions of waking everyone up just after dawn, preparing horses and a carriage. 

A small clearing was amidst the woods, a few hundred yards behind the cabin, near the top of a hill, and we all prepared our horses before riding to experiment on Eren's titan form. The short journey itself took about fifteen minutes, eventually glimpsing the clearing that had similar properties to a crater, a ledge forming from about half way around the circular glade and rising around ten metres off the ground. 

The squad was drowsy, half of them having only slept for minimal hours, their loss of time counting towards their games of cards in the dining room the night prior. Eren rode in front of me, his head hanging a little after he let out an audible yawn. Mikasa rode to his left, side glancing him every few seconds, I assume to keep a close on him and his tiredness. Armin, who rode on the opposite side of Mikasa, only gazed around at the trees, the light making it seem like his hair was glowing. 

The closer we approached the clearing, I observed the small cliff, a slope leading from the side to the highest part being the part both Levi, Hange, Historia and a few others were aiming to climb up on their horses. I continued towards the centre with Eren and the rest of the squad, two boys eventually making their presences known as their horses trotted up on either side of me. 

I meet their gazes, one by one, though it didn't reach theirs as they continued to look around, watching for something. Intruders, spies, anything that seemed out of the ordinary. I didn't blame them, we were on a tracking radar, hiding away from pursuers we didn't even know we had until we made them our enemies. 

Everyone moving towards the centre of the clearing stopped, Eren running a hand down his face before dismounting his horse. He looked around in wonder, watching as one of the boys went and gripped the reins to his horse and lead it away from the zone we were to be commencing experiments in.

Levi, Hange and Historia all stood at the peak of the slope, looking down at us, watching us all. I emit a low hum, trotting towards the brunette boy who looked down at his hand he flexed and clenched. 

"If it gets to be too much, transforming, tell me. I'll put a stop to it immediately." I say to the boy. He looked up at me, giving a singular nod and took a few steps back. The entire squad dispersed, surrounding Eren at a reasonable distance before we all waited eagerly for his transformation. He tilted his head at his hand, bringing it up to his mouth and clamping his teeth down. At first, there wasn't anything. No noise, no change in visuals, not even the slightest of movements from anyone or anything, apart from the trickle of thick, red blood trailing down from Eren's bite mark down his wrist. 

Then, a strike of lightning struck the boy as he was enveloped in a large explosion, making all of us put an arm up to shield our eyes and all of our horses pace in uneasiness. It was loud, everyone fighting against the strong winds that came from the blow before it all ceased, and the cloud of steam around Eren began submerging. The trees settled, our horses slowed their panics, and we were able to finally make out the titan figure amongst the thinning smoke screen. Once again, silence, all until I hear the high pitched screech of excitement coming from the top of the cliff as Hange jumped up and down in exhilaration. 

"Yes Eren! Now form your weird crystal like shields!" She screamed, Historia looking up at her with worry and Levi looking at her in distaste. 

The titan looked over his shoulder at the glass eyed brunette before returning his gaze down at his form before his entire figure started shaking violently, his face distorting into one of determination. I eye him with amusement, allowing myself to let out a small giggle. 

"Hey Trouble." I yell, his form stilling before he laid his eyes on me. "She said form the crystal, not shit it out." I say making a few of the others let out a laugh too. He only blew out of his nose, a breeze blowing over the ground and tousling through our hair. Eren tilted his head, a sign of confusion as he didn't actually know how to start with the experiment. He turned to face Hange, who had her chin in her hand as she thought about ideas on how we could make some progress. 

"Y/N, darling, severe his hand!" She calls out to me. I thought about it a little, not too worried as it wouldn't actually harm his human body. Gripping a hilt, I pull a trigger, shooting an anchor into Eren's shoulder before it pulled me with it. Before even he could register Hange's request, I drew a blade and delivered a quick, clean cut straight through the titans arm and turning to watch as it slipped to the ground. Twisting around midair, I face the clearing as I land gracefully a couple feet behind the raven captain, detaching the blade back in its designated slot and putting the hilt back onto my harness. 

Nothing happened to the arm, only the excessive amount of steam that seemed to leave the wound and the severed arm simultaneously. Eren only watched his arm curiously, as did the rest of the squad, myself only stepping forward to stand beside Levi who observed with folded arms. 

"See if you can grow it back in a hardened state." Hange says from behind her fingers, shifting her weight from one leg to the other. 

This continued for an hour, all while Eren remained in the same titan form. Each time a part of Eren was wounded or amputated, the ebony haired girl riding around the brunette boy was growing more and more aggravated by Hange's lack of consideration for him and his body, regardless of whether it was his titan form or not. It eventually lead to Eren communicating with the squad through writing in the dirt, informing us of what his thought process was. 

Throughout it all, Historia lingered behind the scenes, her goals unknown as she hung around the tree line without a worry for whatever was happening in the clearing as of now. Levi, however, stood as still as a statue as he watched the events unfold before him, arms folded firmly against his chest, the sleeves of his green cloak-like long sleeve jumper rolled up to just below his elbows. Weight shifted onto one of his legs, I wondered how he wasn't itching to move around, even if it were just a little.

It had gotten to the point where Eren's titan form stopped regenerating all together, looking more and more tired the longer Hange spewed ideas and orders to he and the squad alike. Sighing I step forward, seating myself on the ledge overhanging the open area and resting my chin in the palm of my hand. 

"Hange, I think he needs a break. He's looking rather exhausted." I suggest. I only hear her hum in acknowledgment, pondering in the idea that maybe he did need a break, even if it were only a few minutes. I soon hear Levi click his tongue before I hear his footsteps walking toward the ledge. He came into my peripheral, but I didn't bother looking up at him as he stepped over the ledge and pulled a trigger, an anchor propelling forward and soon dragging him with it. He only landed a dozen metres away from the titans feet before yelling up at him about taking a short interval so he could gain back a little of his energy. 

I groaned as I collapse back onto the grass behind me, arms spread out on either side of me. My arms, supposedly inviting, were soon made pillows as Zion and Reece approached me without a care in the world and chose to use my biceps as cushions for their heads. Such close proximity between two large children such as the two made the air suffocating, even if I was facing the open air.

"You're arm isn't as comfy as it looks." Reece complains first. Zion hummed in agreement, moving his head around exasperated, even making an effort to lift his head only to let it fall once more. 

"Your shirt does make your arms look fantastic though." Zion complimented making me snort. The shirt was a little on the tighter side, the short sleeves hugging my arms and the dips in my waist, defining my shoulders and upper arms nicely. 

"You're both shitheads, you realise?" I ask, watching the clouds above drift across the great vast blue. 

"Oh, for sure." They agree simultaneously, finally deciding to stop moving around on either side of me and joining me in watching the sky. Rolling my eyes, I remain silent. A few moments passed by before my arms slowly began losing feeling, an unpleasant tingling sensation making its way from where the boys heads rested to the tips of my fingertips. My first and initial reaction was to curl my arms around and trap the both of them in headlocks, tightening my arms and using them to slowly sit myself up. They grunted as the grip worsened, my strength only increasing as I bring them both inwards toward my ribs. 

"Okay, tap out!" Reece was the first to screech making me laugh and Zion let out a half cry half laugh. 

"Pansy!" He exclaimed, soon finding it to be his worst mistake as I release Reece who collapsed back against the grass again and I focus all my strength from both arms on Zion. "No, I'm joking! Fucking let go, Sunshine!" He cried, his voice even echoing through the small plains before I granted him freedom, his entire upper body leaning forward as he dragged out a long pained groan. 

"One day, one day, your chokehold will hold no effect on me. I can guarantee it." Zion breathed out. I lean back on my palms, my weight comfortably weighing down on my hands as I watch Levi shoot an anchor just below where my feet hung, launching himself up and right beside me, basically in the exact same spot he had been standing previously. 

"He's ready for the next round." He informed blankly, the two boys on either side of me heaving out audible sighs before sitting up and slipping off the ledge, twisting last second and shooting a hook into the face of the cliff, effectively lowering themselves to the ground safely. I brought my legs up and crossed them, not too bothered by the mild discomfort the gear hanging from my hips granted me, planting my elbows on my knees and resting my chin in my palms. 

Eren didn't hesitate one bit in biting his hand again, only this time the explosion was short-lived. Thin steam emerged from him, only subsiding enough to see that his titan hadn't even formed properly at all. Hange and Moblit had only just made it back up on the ledge as the brunette had transformed, the boys name being screamed as he laid unresponsive. 

His titan was majorly deformed, a lot smaller than the previous one, his legs so skinny they wouldn't have been able to hold him up even if he tried. Eren's human form wasn't encased in the titan body, his face really being the only thing that was buried in the steaming flesh of what was like a carcass. 

"What's wrong Eren?! Finished already?!" Hange screeched. "Humanity's future is riding on you! Stand!" She began panicking, drastic arm movements gesturing her distress. 

"Hey, Four Eyes." Levi said so calmly, so nonchalantly it was nearly concerning. "Don't you think he looks different this time? He's not even ten metres tall, and he's missing some flesh. Plus, Eren's ass is hanging out." He voices the obvious only making me let out a laugh. 

"I know that!" The glass eyed brunette replied back almost annoyed. "Eren, do you think you can still move your titan?! If so, give me some sort of signal! If not, we're digging you out of there!" She shouted agitated. Mikasa, who had been watching him in a state of shock, rode straight for the boy. 

"Hey, that gloomy little brat is ignoring orders again. Should we punish her?" Levi suggests, Hange on his other side launching herself off the ledge in a panicked and concerned state. 

"No, he's not responding! We're done!" She shouted back. I watched as both her squad and Levi's were immediately to his aid, and I watched intently from the ledge. 

"You're not as worried as I thought you would've been." Levi voiced making me shrug. 

"Surrounding an unconscious person is never a good idea. Witnesses only create obstacles. Besides, I think he'll be fine. He's blessed with titan regeneration." I reply quietly, watching Hange lift Eren from the titan and his face still holding onto the muscle tissue from his larger form, Mikasa drawing a sword as she sliced clean through the tissue. 

Hange fell back with Eren in her arms, screeching at someone about something. I watched from afar, almost amused by the reactions of everyone down there, also somewhat concerned for the boy who didn't look right from where I was sitting on the grass. A carriage emerged from within the trees, the commotion atop the steaming carcass calming down quickly as Moblit raced off into the trees on his mount. Levi only sighed, watching as some of the squad helped with getting Eren onto the carriage and settled down. 

"You get into the same carriage as Eren." The raven says as he turned to Historia. 

"Yes sir." She replied, a dead tone taking her voice as she continued walking away. After a while, the carriage carried she and more of the squad away, and I watch the clouds of steam rise from the titan in front of us. It definitely would attract some attention, and we needed to assume there were enemy eyes anywhere. 

"We'd best get out of here." I say standing up and dusting myself off. "Those steam clouds are rather large. Assuming we're being watched, someone will likely be here to investigate soon enough." Levi hummed in agreement, watching as the last squad member left the perimeter on horseback, my horse nibbling away at the grass that grew along the tree line. 

"Let's go." He worded simply. 

***

~10 Hours Later, At The Cabin~

Eren was unconscious ever since we left the clearing, having put him in his bed when we had returned to the cabin. The Hange squad, before their departure, insisted they take the squads horses just in case something were to happen. After I had made sure he had some necessities on his nightstand, I left to cut some wood with full intention of lighting a fire. I didn't know it, but I spent hours outside swinging an axe, delighting in the feeling of the winter sun managing to warm me up. The sounds of a nearby creek rushing through my mind in a peaceful flurry. 

Finally forcing myself to go back inside and began stacking the wood I had prepared on top of the wood Mikasa had chopped the day prior. Having previously organised an easy fire starter in the fireplace, I lit a match, gazing at the flame for a moment and then bringing the flame towards the kindling sitting on a bed of old newspapers. 

Before the flame could even touch the paper, the front door of the cabin burst open, completely shattering the calm and placid atmosphere of the building. I look back, seemingly bothered as a soldier from a different squad of the Scouts rushed into the same room I was in. He was unfamiliar, his facial features didn't ring a bell at all. His anxious gaze somehow immediately found mine, my own figure tucked away behind the dining table, head barely peeking out from behind the chairs in front of me. Before I even knew it, my hand inched towards the axe that sat against the wall beside the fireplace, eyes studying his every movement for any sudden change in composure. 

"Captain Y/N?!" He almost shouted only making me recoil slightly at the sudden loud noise. Once again addressed by the wrong title, I bring my hand back to my side and stand up with caution. 

"Soldier." I say back reluctantly, narrowing my eyes at him to show my suspicion, a slight uneasiness brewing quietly in the pit of my stomach. He paced toward me, digging his hand into his pocket and bringing out a note. He offered it out to me, the piece of paper neatly folded up as I invited it to my own hand. Unfolding it, neat writing was scrawled across the page. 

"Orders from Commander Erwin. For you, Captain Levi and the Levi squad." The soldier said. I nod as I read the note, waving him off dismissively before pushing passed him and heading back into the same room Eren rested, where I could only assume everyone else was. 

Levi, Y/N, 

The Government has ordered a freeze on all Scout activity within the walls and demands we hand over Historia and Eren. The Military Police will be searching all residential areas in and around Trost District around the hours of dusk, seeking out all of you. Leave before then. Go to Trost, play the Military Police. Make a plan, figure out who wants the two and find their intentions. 

Do not let them get their hands on them. 

E. Smith

I walk through the door, looking up and finding the entire squads eyes on me. All of them standing except Eren who was under the blanket on the bed, and Levi who sat at the foot of it. Wordlessly, I paced toward the raven who straightened his posture as I inched closer to him and handed him the note. 

"Order from the Commander." I inform as he took it from me. He took a moment to read it, soon standing up and handing it over to Eren, the rest of the squad rushing to either of his sides and reading the note with him.

"Everyone read it?" Levi asked after a few seconds. 

"Yeah, but Captain, what is this?" Armin asked, handing the note back to Levi. He took it and walked to the nightstand, a flickering candle emitting light sitting on top of it. 

"Instructions. Do you trust him?" He asked, bringing the paper to the flame and letting it ignite. The light fought with the shadows of the room, the flame dying down soon after. "Those dumb enough to say yes, come with me." He ordered before walking out the door. Everyone in the room rushed to get their stuff together, and I turned to them as I grabbed one of the several brown cloak like jackets that we all had lining the top of a drawer near the door, as well as my gear which was all stored in the same room. 

"Don't worry about everything. Rifles, ODM gear, bags with necessities. Grab them, put your jacket on and let's go. Now." I instruct before disappearing after Levi who had rushed into the kitchen. I watched him efficiently fill bags with food items and other things, his eyes catching me before he held up a bag to me. 

"Take this, grab a gun and keep an eye out while we're all getting ready." He said holding out a bag. I grab it, slinging a rifle over my shoulder in the process and was out the door in a heartbeat. It took two minutes, if that, for the rest of the squad to get out of the cabin. The sun set quickly, and the night ahead looked to be a cloudless one, with the moon also on the rise. Levi slammed the door as he was the last to exit the building, donning nearly an identical outfit to the rest of us as he ran for the tree line. 

Everyone else rushed after him, myself at the back end of the line to keep a sharp eye on our six. We moved hastily, soon finding ourselves climbing a hill and weaving between tight areas shrouded by trees. The squad was silent during the short journey, finally making it to the top of the hill where there was a small clearing. From the top, you could see the cabin and several lights heading straight for it, incoherent shouting coming from the very place we had escaped just minutes prior. 

"That was close." Connie says as his eyes wandered over the cabin surrounded by many people. "What would've happened if we had stayed one more night in there?" He asked, the question not aimed at anyone in particular. 

"Captain, are those Interior MP's?" Armin asked as he turned to him. 

"Beats me. I can't imagine they'd act directly all the way out here but they didn't take me all too seriously either. Come on, it's a good thing the moons out tonight." 

***

YESSIRRRRR!!! 

gawd i love this arc sm im dying out here. 

boring chapter (totally didnt semi rush the end 😗) 

also 100k reads is actually insane, like that number has five zeros in it (i have five zeros in my bank acc but all those zeros are on the wrong side of the decimal point 🥲🥲) THANK YOU ALL SM 😭

AND! follow the insta! send a message to me and i'll add you to the group chat! i have also made a discord chat, so i can stream movies (AND MAYBE EVEN THE FINAL EP OF AOT WHEN IT COMES OUT) on it so we can all watch it together! if you want the link, let me know!!

AISHITERU MY LITTLE MUNCHKINS! 

jazz<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 2.2K 24
*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ❝𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗶𝗱 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗽𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼...
36.7K 932 27
"𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙, 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑒" ❁↝ᴵⁿ ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ʸ/ⁿ ᶠᵃˡˡˢ ᶠᵒʳ ʰᵉʳ ᵗᵃˡˡ, ᵇˡᵒⁿᵈᵉ, ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ˢᵉⁿᶦᵒʳ ᵗ...
140K 3.6K 37
"𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧?" 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘱. "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙮...
6.7K 359 26
𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝗻𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝘆�...