An Enchanted Innocence

By Kajjju2001

I was broken...I was shattered...I was a prisoner of my dark cell I was living... But then you came... The... More

Author's Note
INTRO
Character Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 22

793 26 2
By Kajjju2001

She looked at the huge bowl of chicken soup, which contained a lot. Unable to throw away pot of delicious spicy chicken soup, she could only transfer it into a big bowl and store it inside the fridge.

"The chicken soup today is so fresh, so let's use it to make chicken noodles tomorrow morning!"

Once she was done doing this, she quickly cleaned up the kitchen.

After she was done with that, too, she decided to take a shower.  She sat on the couch with an unhappy mood, She is feeling really bad without an unknown reason. She took out her mobile to see Linda's message telling her to hit a bar tonight since it's her day off. Serena didn't hesitated a bit and got ready to go out, She has to get rid of this feeling...she hates it. 

 it was already the time to hit the bar.

Serena and Linda were seated on the counter while the bartender was making their drinks.

This was entirely unusual for Serena. She was fidgeting and getting restless. She had never drank alcohol before. Previously when they entered, they saw a couple openly making out at a corner. It was nothing novel for Linda, but Serena was looking at them wide-eyed.

Doing that in public...She couldn't help but feel embarrassed and immediately looked away.

Linda said, "Come on, buddy. Make for us the finest peg of whiskey you have. My best friend needs it."

The bartender who also knew Serena. He smiled, "Coming right away."

Linda looked at Serena and rolled her eyes, "Oh come on dear, chill out. Relax. Nobody is going to eat you."

She awkwardly smiled.

Their pegs were ready, and Linda clinked her glass with Serena's. "Cheers to your new life and cheers for breaking away from your scumbag father. Cheers on getting the best husband!"

Linda gulped down her peg while Serena was still hesitant.

"Drink it already!"

She took a sip and coughed hard while somehow swallowing it.

"This is so bitter!", she strongly furrowed her brows. She felt like she gulped some doctor's bitter medicine.

"Of course, it is. It is not a sweet dish. That is how you enjoy alcohol, stupid. Come on, drink up the rest."

Thirty minutes later. Not soon after the third peg, Serena got tipsy while Serena was at her fifth. They were giggling like school girls.

Serena said, "Really?"

Linda nodded, "Yup. I live with a very handsome man now. But tch, he said I can't flirt with him. How *hiccup* can I do that?"

Serena burst into laughter, "He must have d-definitely realized your ssshhh", she looked left and right and whispered like a huge secret, "your hidden motive in taking him in. Hmm...He is clever."

She nodded furiously, "I should have controlled my tongue. Dang, I got too excited!"

"Hahaha."

Linda was struck with an idea, "Hey, hey! Let us do some prank calls! It will be so much fuuuunnnn~~~~"

Serena also nodded excitedly.

She took out Serena's phone and dialed the last number. It was picked up on the second ring, "Boss?," it was Louis who answered.

"Shut up.", Linda said, "We are from *hic* the secret forces! You are under arrest."

Serena laughed.

Louis – "..."

"You are arrested on the grounds of constantly bullying your boss's best friend. She is such a nice and g-good girl. How can you treat her like that? Hands up!"

"It is not a prank if you call from boss's phone, idiot Linda", he said dryly.

"Shut up! Another charge added. Always going against the beautiful and charismatic Linda. Your punishment is.....life imprisonment!"

Louis's mouth twitched.

"We will soon send a team to arrest you. Be ready!", and she hung up.

"Hey-"

Serena and Linda laughed loudly. "That was fun. Your secretary must be sooo scared."

Serena cheerfully said, "He didn't even realize that it was us!"

They giggled again.

"Okay, next next!"

Linda browsed through the contact list. In her woozy state, she couldn't clearly make out the number and hit the dial button.

*

*

The Anderson Group's headquarters,

Ethan was in a meeting with some senior managers. The atmosphere was too gloomy. They messed up the data of the presentation, and now Ethan was silently staring at him. His silence was stifling. The managers broke out in a cold sweat awaiting his judgment.

Just then, his phone buzzed.

They freaked out even more. Disturbing the boss in the middle of the meeting, is that person nuts? Now he'll be even angrier, and we are done for!

Ethan glanced at his phone and saw the number.

"Boss..."

He raised his hand, indicating to stop.

The manager immediately shut up.

Then they noticed the heavy pressure ease up. His icy aura melted like it's the beginning of spring. They could even see imaginary flowers blooming around Ethan.

They were looking dumbfounded.

Who is that person that got their boss in such a good mood?

Ethan picked it up and softly said, "Serena."

Everyone thought that they were dreaming. Such a gentle and warm tone by our cold boss!?

From the other end, Linda said, "If you *hic* want Serena safe and sound, fork out all the money you have. Otherwise..." She laughed.

Ethan narrowed his eyes.

"Who are you?", he asked very grimly.

The others once again noticed the difference in temperature.

Ayeee? Wasn't it spring just now? How did it suddenly change to winter?

Linda was drunk until now, but his low, emotionless voice managed to give her the goosebumps. She felt a chill run through her spine. She sobered a little.

"Hehe. N-nothing. It's a joke."

"Who are you? Where is Serena? How is her phone with you?"

She gulped. Just whose number has she dialed!?

Ethan heard Serena's giggling, along with very loud music.

"Give the phone to her.", he said, his voice being deadly calm.

With speed faster than even the light, Linda handed the phone to Serena.

"Some scary person is asking for you. Go, you talk to him. I don't want to play this prank anymore!"

Serena frowned. "Huh??"

She took the phone, "Who are you? How dare you *hic* scare my precious Linda? You will be punished for your sin!"

Hearing Serena's familiar voice, Ethan's eyes were filled with tender and warmth once again.

Is it spring again? Aren't the seasons changing too fast?

"You are drunk. Where are you?"

Serena's whole demeanor brightened, "Ethaaaaan!!! It is you, Bastard! Hehehe..."

"Tell me, which bar is it?" he gently tried to coax her like a little child.

"Why? Do you want to join in, too?" she giggled, "You should. We are having so much fun! We are playing prank calls."

"En. I also want to join in."

"Good, good. This bar is....on the left side of the road a-and it is very shining brightly.", she proudly said as if she gave the perfect directions.

He smiled. "Don't go anywhere. I'm coming."

"Hm-hm. Come quickly. I have to settle my scores with you."

Ethan got up, and all the managers straightened up.

"Meeting adjourned."

Huh? Are we saved?

"Do you all need me to escort you out personally?"

They snapped out and quickly scurried away.

"Liam. Find out which bar is it where Serena is now."

"Yes, sir."

*

*

Ten minutes passed by, and Serena and Linda were still goofing around when a man approached near Serena.

"Hey, aren't you a beauty! Come, let us dance. We'll have lots of fun.", he said while slightly licking his lips.

Serena frowned. "Nooo...I don't want to."

Linda said, "Shoo! Don't bother us. Get lost."

"Come on, babe, don't play hard to get." He inched closer and tried to hold Serena's hand when somebody suddenly grabbed his wrist. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.7K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
1.4M 48.9K 52
| 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 | When two powerful figures collide, there is bound to be a disaster. Zane Roman, a business tycoon. St...
5.5M 269K 58
#1 in Romance (23.05.20) A WATTPAD ROMANCE FEATURED STORY. "So the kiss was just a mistake?" "Yes." she nodded her head as if just the words weren't...
937K 27.7K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...