Making the Cut

By 1XoxReginamillsxox1

"I'm your boss" He shouted slammin the door "Well fucking act like it then" I said slammin my hands down onto... More

Day 1
Day 1 part two
Bad Day part one
Bad day part 2
Surgery
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
Enough is Enough

Who's zoomin' who

132 2 1
By 1XoxReginamillsxox1

Secrets can't hide in science. Medicine has a way of exposing the lies. Within the walls of the hospital, the truth is stripped bare.

"Rob, you have to get lunch at school today, I'll see you tomorrow, the babysitter gets here at 6," I said shouting up to my brother "Don't scare them away this time nerd," I said closing the door.

That's the problem with secrets. Like misery, they love company

"Hey," I said smiling at George when I walked into the changing room "Hey" He smiled back. I felt someone else walk in and immediately dampen my mood "Why's everything so gloomy" Izzy asked "Oh, she's here" She got a few laughs from the interns but I rolled my eyes "The thing is, with bullies, they all seem to end up in the same place" I said walking past her "My bedroom" I heard the room errupt into laughter as I left.

And when you have too many you always feel like your gonna burst

"Derek," I said smiling standing in the elevator "Stella, I told you to call me Dr Shepherd when we're in the hospital," He said smiling "Good to see you smile, how was your morning?" I asked as the elevator went towards the fifth floor "Eventful, Meredith thinking about asking me to move in" "That's wonderful, you should do it" "I know, but she doesn't know I know, and It's a little harder than it seems" The doors of the elevator opened "Shepherd" Grey said noticing the Attending "This is my floor" I said squeezing through.

I looked up from the chart I was doing and saw George with the redhead nurse Olivia. "Hey George," I said placing the chart down "Mr. Dawson room 32," I said to the other nurse who took the chart "Can we order a full body CT and send some blood off to test then page Dr Burke to have a Look at his EKG, it's showing some abnormalities" "Coming right up Doctor" I smiled "Thank you" "Hi George, Roberts" "Hey," George said greeting the blonde "Olivia" Izzie said acknowledging the Nurse "Hi, Dr. Stevens," Olivia said "I'll see you later" she said turning back to George" "Ok. Bye. Yeah. She's into me" "She's cute" I said watching her walk away "And so is Karev" I whispered "Way to go, George. She's cute. So this morning you really weren't..." I raised my eyebrow "Anytime you want to apologize..." I shook my head "Then what were you doing in the bathroom for so long?" She asked "I have to go" I followed him "How bad was it when I left earlier" I asked catching up to him "Oh, she went bright red and made a scene" "Look George, I don't know why I just don't Like her" "I can tell" He said as we entered the locker room. I saw movement in the mirror and caught a glimpse of Alex doing something "Can we have some privacy?" George asked "No, of course, I have to head up to CT, bye George," I said leaving

"Hey, can I have the results on Miss Toran " "Yes, room number please" "36" "I'll be just a minute" I saw George walk up to the window as I walked away to wait on the gurney opposite "Hi, uh, results for George O'Malley?" I perked up as I wanted to see what was going on, now just because I don't get involved with the drama doesn't mean I don't listen "I don't see it here. What's the patient's name?" "O'Malley, George. Look, it's just a simple blood test" I jumped off the gurney "Here you are" "Thank you, awe shoot" I said reading through the results "Here you go" The other Tech worker said "Thank you" "Franklin, Jordan, I need this back ASAP" Izzie said ordering around "What a shocker" I shot a smile and continued reading "Hey, what did you get, something good?" Izzie asked George and took his results "Syphilis? That's not surgical. Who has Syphilis?" I widened my eyes as George dragged me and Izzie through the nurse's station "Excuse us, sorry" He said pushing through the Nurse staff that were leaving "Oh my god you have Syphilis?" I said smacking my hand to my mouth "You have syphilis?" Izzie said questioning him. George looked up and closed all the blinds and the door. "Shh! I don't know how this happened" "Well when a woman and a man love each other very much" George interrupted me "No I know that, I mean how did I get it" "Of course you do. God, Olivia must really be getting around" I widened my eyes "No, she's not like you," I said glaring at her "Olivia's not like that" "It's a new millennium, George. The only people who aren't like that are the Amish and, apparently, you" She said laughing at him. I slapped her arm "Ow" "Suck it up" "You don't know. Maybe I've been sleeping around. Maybe I got ladies" I gave him a you can't fool me look. "Shut up. What am I gonna do?" "Penicillin, can I go?" I asked standing up, in reply I got an angry George pushing me back down "It's no biggie, couple of doses of Penicillin will knock it out". "What am I gonna do about Olivia?" "Tell her so she can get it treated as well" Once again Izzie spoke over the top of me "Well, for starters, stop sleeping with her, unless you want that thing to fall off." I rolled my eyes "Ok, that is twice that you have trash-talked the girl that I could one day potentially...well, not love but like a whole lot" I widened my eyes "How can you do that to her George, she genuinely likes you and your just using her? How dare you George O'Malley," I said slapping his cheek "OW!" "If she gave it to you, you have to tell her," She said getting more serious "Three" George said. "George O'Malley," I said looking at my watch "Fine. She didn't give it to you. She was a virgin when you met. You still have to tell her so she can get tested" "For once I agree with Barbie" "Oh, yeah? How am I gonna tell her? "Uh, hey, Olivia. How you doing? By the way, I got the syph. How about you?" I grinned at the comment "That's exactly how you're going to do it" I said picturing George doing that "You're evil" He said "Thank you" "Maybe not quite like that" Izzie said disagreeing with what was being said "No, it's good advice, really good advice. Thank you very much," George finally opened the door allowing me to leave and letting Izzie laugh to herself "I despise her," I said parting ways with George.

I walked into the room where my attending was already standing "Present" "Mercedes Toran age 17 came in last night with a deep laceration in her quadriceps, we put her on IV, and early hours of this morning she went into Kidney failure, we started her on dialysis and put her on the transplant list, she was status 1b in Unos, but unfortunately despite everything in her rapid tests we found out that whatever caused her laceration came back HIV positive and she is now off the transplant list and is to stay on Dialysis for as long as possible, we are very sorry and hope she-" "My baby, My baby has HIV" "Yes and we are so sorry, but we can't do anything" My attending nodded as we left. "We have done everything we can, we could never see this coming. Keep an eye on the lac and run more labs tomorrow, You're doing well Dr. Roberts, Peds may be your strong suit"

I was coming down from the Peds floor to study under Bailey for the rest of my shift when I saw "Hey Olivia" "Hey George, Stella" "What am I invisiblle?" I heard Alex ask "Alex" Olivia replied "Hey," I said smiling at Alex "What you still doing there come down," Alex said enjoying the situation between Olivia and George. "You go ahead. I'll catch up with you later" George said to us. "But" I felt Karev's hand snake around my waist. "Will you stop that?" I said slapping his arm. We left the stairwell and I dragged Karev into an on-call room "I told you, no short cuts" I said making him back up to the wall "And I also said never" I whispered leaning closer "Going" I said hovering over his lips "To happen" I said pushed up against him "You're just a massive tease" Alex whispered into my ear which made goosebumps appear along my arms "And I can get whatever I want really" He said kissing my neck. I let him place a few kisses before walking away "You may want to cover that" I said leaving the room. Honestly, the highlight of my day is making Alex miserable.

I picked up my lunch and walked to the outdoor picnic area where the others were I can't believe I'm saying this but they weren't half bad to sit with, to be fair though all I do is make comments about Izzie, talk to George and Tease Alex, Meredith and Cristina, they're their own thing they only like who they want to no one else, and they seemed to ignore me, which is fine means I can get on with me.

I saw George and Alex walk in "Hey Syph-boy" Me and Cristina said at the same time. We looked at each other and rolled our eyes at each other "Just Cristina" Izzie said "Not your information to tell" I said taking a bite out of my apple "Syph-boy It's got a nice ring to it, it's kinda like Superboy, only diseased" I nodded "Izzie didn't have to say a word. Around here, the only thing that spreads faster than disease is gossip" "That's not true. Just cause Izzie can't keep her mouth shut doesn't mean everyone knows" "George, Everyone knows" I said motioning my head towards Olivia "How are you feeling? Sorry about the syphilis" Meredith said walking over to join us "Everyone in this hospital knows?" "Knows you're a player" "Alex stop winding him up," I said taking one of his chips "You're disturbed" "True. Everybody's got a secret. Just be glad yours is out in the open" I nodded and thought what would happen if everyone found out about my Dad, or about my Mom, or why the Cheif is so nice to me, or found out I'm looking after my little brother, they would treat me differently "Oh, yeah, Alex? What's yours?" Cristina asked "You show me yours, and I'll show you mine," Alex said in return. Cristina looks at Burke as he walks by. "I just figured out her little secret," I said standing up "What about yours?" I shook my head "Whatever she's hiding, it has to be big, anyway, I bet you've got some seriously kinky skeletons in your closet" "What's in my closet is none of your business" I heard Cristina say as I walked to go check on my patients.

I was sitting on a gurney once again updating my patient's charts when I heard "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" "It's a shot of penicillin, George. Be grateful I'm even doing this. I've already seen more of you than I ever wanted to. I'll be fighting nightmares for a week" I stood up and walked closer to the curtain "OK, you know what? Forget this" I saw movement behind the curtain "Do you want to get rid of the syph or not? Just shut up and drop 'em" I heard George complain. "I cannot believe this" I pulled open the curtains and me and Meredith walked in. When did she get here? I shrugged my shoulders and saw George bent over a gurney with Alex standing near him "Meredith, Stella go away!" "Oh, George. Thought you could use some moral support" Meredith said standing next to Alex "NO! No, moral support. I'm indisposed here" I shrugged "George, it's not a big deal. And you have a cute butt" Meredith said I walked around the other side "I agree, cute butt" "I have a cute butt too. You want to see?" Alex said winking at me "Oh, get out. You're doing it wrong" Meredith said with a change of voice. "Be my guest." Alex said handing Meredith the penicillin "What...? Alex. Alex. Wha...?" Alex drew the curtains and left "Bye George," I said getting a page to go to an incoming trauma.

"And Doctor Roberts, can you go check up on some of my post-ops," Bailey said rolling the new trauma into the elevator "Of course," I said taking notes of the patients she needed checking on "Alright, I'll be in the OR for about five hours if you have finished you can scrub in with me for the remainder, that is an if," Bailey said as the doors closed. I turned around heading towards the first patient when I saw Richard and Derek acting strange "I've cleared some time for your MRI" Bingo, he dropped a retractor in his surgery earlier this morning "Good. Let's get going" I have to speak to him later "OK," Derek said turning around and walking into me "I'm so sorry Stel-DR Roberts" "Don't worry it's fine," I said picking up the file I had dropped and walked into the room.

"Three interns, four residents, and six nurses on this surgical floor have been diagnosed with...syphilis," Richard said uncomfortably avoiding my eye contact. I, however, was looking at George who was trying to avoid my eye contact "There are over 70,000 new cases every year" Patricia said to the room "Undiagnosed, syphilis can lead to blindness, insanity, and death" I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair resting my head on Alex's body "If you are having unprotected sex with another member of the staff, get tested" I looked up at Alex who winked at me "You wish" I whispered diverting my attention back to the front "This is not a request" Richard said looking at the room. I rolled my eyes as they burst into laughter "Patricia will now give you a safe-sex demonstration." I sniggered as Patricia stood up holding a condom and banana "When the time is right, and, gentlemen, you'll all know when that time is, carefully open the condom packet and roll it onto the banana" "Wonder what flavor she chose to use" I asked causing Alex to laugh a little. I redirected my line of vision to concentrate on the conversation Derek and Richard were having., but I couldn't hear it over the laughing and Patricia saying "Open communication is essential to a healthy relationship. In a responsible relationship..." "Poor George" Meredith whispered to Cristina "Yeah. You know, I think he really likes Typhoid Mary" I nodded toward Patricia to make it seem like I wasn't listening to their conversation "Well, not many budding relationships survive a good dose of VD" I looked back over to the corner to see Richard wasn't there. I stood up and left with only a few knowing

I ran up the stairs towards radiology to catch them, I looked in through the windows until I saw Derek "Just a few more minutes Richard" "What are you his wife?" I asked closing the door behind me "What are you doing here, this is confidential get out" "What's happening out there?" Richard asked "DR Roberts has just walked in" "Stella Lee Mun Roberts" "You could never keep anything from me, you're horrible at keeping secrets" "She can stay" I smiled and sat in the seat next to Derek. A few minutes later me Derek, Richard, and I were all looking over his MRI scans "You see that right there?" I said as Derek pointed towards the tumor "Mm-hmm" "It's a tumor, and it's pressing against your optic nerve" Derek continued "Is it operable?" Richard asked "Oh, definitely. It does have its risks" I started biting my nails "You mean I could lose my sight? Just what I need, a syphilis outbreak and a tumor" "Well, it's probably unrelated" I nodded still chewing on my nails "All right, Derek, let's see how good you really are" I shook my head "Whats Adele gonna say" I said standing up "All right. I'll put a team together" I sighed "All my people only. And I still want this kept under wraps. The vultures will be circling soon enough" "Aren't I one of the vultures?" "Why do you think I want to keep an eye on you? Get going. We're doing this tonight" I smiled, the one thing I admired about Richard was he always stood his ground no matter what "Right" Webber opened the door to leave and Meredith came in "You paged?" she said completely ignoring me "Yeah, I need you to help me out on something for the chief. Can you keep a secret?" I shook my head and left.

I was walking up the stairs to go hand Bailey's post-op Charts back to her with a coffee in my other hand when out of nowhere I heard "How goes our special super secret silent sunset surgery? I've been practicing that" which made me jump and spill my coffee all over me but managing to keep the Charts dry "Here let me take them" Bailey said shacking her head. "Oh my, Dr. Roberts I'm so sorry" I shook my head still in shock "You know what it's fine," I said taking a deep breathe "You sure" "I said I'm fine," I said snapping, and then smiling up to the attending "You have too much time on your hands," Bailey said to Dere "Uh, tell the chief I'll be there. Just let me know when and where. I'm in" Bailey hands me some towels and walks off "You nervous?" Grey asked Derek "It's a complicated surgery. If I make one mistake, I end a fellow surgeon's career and my mentor's career. Oh, no, I'm not nervous" I tapped Shepherd on the shoulder "You do that and I along with Bailey will kill you," I said leaving myself to go get another coffee

"You're kidding me there's no more coffee, how does a hospital run out of coffee," I said storming into where Callie was working "It's what a hospital runs on, Coffee and more Coffee, I swear I can't take one more minute without coffee, Coffee is starting to not sound like a words anymore, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, how many times can I say Coffee until I get one, Coffee, Coffee" "If I hear you say Coffee one more time, I will take this 14 gauge needle and shove it where the sun don't shine" She said spinning around on her chair. Her face softened as she looked at the state I was in "Look there's a small Coffee shop about a ten-minute drive from here, keys are in my pocket and get me something too please" She said turning back to her patient.

"How can I help you?" The barista said as I got to the front of the queue "Two Black Coffees please and I know you're busy but do you mind making them quick, thank you" I said remembering I was still in my scrubs "Thank you" I said as I was handed the two hot Coffees then a woman screaming at her phone bumped into me making me spill the Coffees again "Shit, I'm so sorry" "It's fine" I said through gritted teeth "Here let me help" She said as she started attempting to mop up the wet patched "Red, your fine" I said noticing she had been crying "Really don't worry about it" She looked up at me "I'm so sorry, let me make it up to you" "You really don't need to" "I insist" She said as she had already got the attention of the barista "Two more for her please" "Is everything OK Red?" I asked as she still had tears rolling down her face, she laughed at the nickname "Yeah, I'm Addison by the way" "Stella, and I'll stick with Red makes it easier, Boyfriend, Husband, oh, Husband ran away with his boyfriend on a cruise?" I guessed. "Something like that she said looking down "Hey, I know we don't know each other but I'm free to listen for another five minutes," I said smiling

"Addison, you're a lovely woman, honestly, but I can see both sides of the story, you're a really nice woman and to be honest I would just try to speak to him," I said standing up "You're right," She said taking another sip of her Coffee "Well you have my number, let me know how everything goes Red" I said leaving the Shop still with Two Coffes in hand and minimal spillage

I watched as Derek walked into the OR that said closed for maintenance "How we doing?" He asked Richard who was on the table "Did you lock up the gallery?" "Don't worry. We're flying under the radar. What did you put out there, the Midas Rex?" I rolled my eyes "Don't worry you'll be fine" I said checking over the equipment "We've got it, chief" Bailey said comforting him "How much vancomycin is there?" "One gram, as ordered, sir" "You're not gonna be too liberal with those benzos, are ya?" "You know, doctors make the worst patients. You should just breathe in the happy gas. Stop running my OR. I got you covered" Derek said as Webber started drowsing off

"OK, I've sutured the drain in place. The staples look fine. All right, we're done here. Dr. Bailey, you want to wrap him?" "I got it" "Nice work, everybody. Nicely done" Derek said walking out "Thanks," Me and Bailey said, "Do you think the optic nerve is damaged?" Meredith asked walking towards Webber "Bailey do you mind?" She shook her head "Go ahead" I threw my gown, mask, and gloves into the bin before leaving "Forever. Page Stevens and Yang. Tell them I want them to cover your patients. I need you to stay and monitor the chief" I turned back around to face her "Roberts is too busy doing her own things" Bailey said looking back at me "Cristina and Izzie, um...I think they're already swamped" I let out a small smile "With what?" "Labs. They had to check on some labs" "Oh, you are lying. I know you're lying. Do you know how I know? Cause you're a bad liar! I hate a bad liar. Take over for me. I know exactly where they are. Here. Take over for me" I followed Bailey out "Don't go too hard on them Miranda" I said yelling down the hall.

The thing people forget is how good it can feel when you finally set secrets free.

"Callie," I said wiping tears off my face "The reason I've been so angry lately isn't you, it's," I said wiping my tears "Social Services are trying to take Robert," I said letting the tears roll down my face "And I can't let him go through that" Callie cam over and pulled me into a hug "Shh," She said hugging me tightly "I will make sure that won't happen, let's go home yeah" I nodded and wiped my tears "Let me get my stuff," I said going into the internet locker room

"Um, about before..." George said as I walked in "George, I want you to understand when we started dating, I was already kind of seeing someone. I didn't know how much I'd like you, and when I realized, I broke it off with the other guy..." She did get around then, one thing would never admit to Izzy, was that she was right. "Other guy? Who's the other guy?" Olivia looked at George and then at Alex "You and Alex? You and Alex?!" George screamed lunging at Alex "You gave me syphilis?!" He Screamed again pushing me into the lockers "George! George! George! George, back off!" Meredith finally got George off of Alex, I stood next to him and took his hand "Alex" I said squeezing his hand "Alex!" I said trying to calm him down again "Don't let this go to your head," I said bringing my hands up to his face, went up on my tiptoes, and started kissing him. I felt his arm wrap around my waist and he started to kiss back. I closed my eyes and started wanting to deepen the kiss. "Alex, no," I said as I finally pulled away "Go home and calm down," I said walking away "Sorry" I mouthed, but all I could see was his beautiful smile.

And once your secrets are out in the open, you don't have to hide behind them anymore.

"Callie, It has been a really long day," I said linking arms with her "I'm so lucky to have a best friend like you in my life, who understands me and what I'm going through," I said leaning my head on her shoulder "You kissed Karev," She said smirking "How did you know" "The bounce in your step, your smile as you walked out, your love drunk and I want to hear everything," She said poking my side "Quit that," I said as I slapped her hand away. We neared the entrance of the hospital when I saw the same stunning redhead standing in the doorway watching Derek and his every move like a hawk "HEY RED" I said running up to her "Hey Stella" She said hugging me "You work here?" I nodded I saw Derek turn around and go wide eyes at the sight of Addison and a change of face when he saw me, he looked hurt and angry then It clicked "Derek Shepherd is your husband" I whisper yelled. She nodded and dragged me over there with her "Meredith, I am so sorry" Derek said to Meredith "Addison, Stella" "Derek, hey, can I go?" I asked wanting to get away from the awkward situation "No, you're staying" Red said with watering eyes "Red" I said looking away from her "What are you doing here?" "Well, you'd know if you'd bothered to return any one of my phone calls" I nodded but immediately turned away as I saw Derek look at me "Hi. I'm Addison Shepherd" She said shaking hands with Meredith "Shepherd?" She asked still clueless "And you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband" Then Meredith looked at Addison and then at Derek before turning away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
395K 3.4K 108
greys anatomy imagines
141K 977 100
Greys anatomy imagines
25.4K 773 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...